• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which 3D Monitor - Acer GD245HQ or BenQ XL2410T ??

Which 3D Monitor do you prefer - Acer GD245HQ or BenQ XL2410T ?

• benQ XL2410T 24'' 3D

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Acer GD245HQ 24'' 3D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nomad2

Hello! :)

i want to buy a 3D Monitor 24'' for 3d games movies and pics and 2D in general.

for overall use.

my options as follows :

Acer GD245HQ 24''

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-049-AC

benQ XL2410T 24''

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-043-BQ

so which one do you recommend, which one would you get and WHY?

i gotta buy the monitor soon, already got the 3D glasses from nVidia ;)

i look forward to picture quality ( vivid wallpapers ) and 3D performance

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Their specs are really closely matched. I would say the BenQ though as the Contrast Ratio is higher. I don't really know though if that justifies the increased cost... Will you really notice a difference?

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Get the Benq, hands down. In fact avoid the Acer at all costs.

Why?

I had one of these a while back. It had a weird problem, where it had an odd fringe around high contrast pixels, making text look oddly blurry and is immediately noticeable and very annoying. It looked even worse on the digital input too, surprisingly.

It couldn't be adjusted out and is a design fault. I took it back to the shop and saw that their demo model was the same. Novatech were excellent and gave me a refund, no quibbles.

Also, I'd avoid buying from Overclockers unless you really have to. They do outright scams/frauds. For example, when selling certain end of line items, where they sell it as OEM new, when it's actually used. This happened to me recently with a quad core OEM CPU, so I forced them to give me all my money back. Bastards. :nutkick: I made a thread about it on TPU if you wish to search.

Good retailers to buy from are:

www.novatech.com Consistently excellent customer service and are my preferred supplier
www.aria.co.uk
www.amazon.co.uk Always look for stuff there and see what price it's at. Avoid purchases from their marketplace sellers though, as the ratings don't mean Jack Schitt and I've had some recent bad experiences with them. Why the ratings? I never received my item from one of their sellers (carmsbarginstore) and then received bad customer services when I emailed them about it, so I left bad feedback. Amazon pulled it because "it was affecting their performance" and didn't even bother notifying me. Can you believe that! :eek: Yes, poor ratings made their sales go down, as they should do, so they collude with the seller to lie about the true ratings. :shadedshu I tried to get it reinstated, but just got the runaround from Amazon. Shit customer service from them in this instance, so their seller ratings are BS. Buying from Amazon themselves is a completely different experience though and you'll get excellent customer service there.

Ok-ish are www.scan.co.uk The problem with them is that the items you receive show significant box damage, like they've been kicked all round the warehouse. :shadedshu I've also heard some horror stories about their customer service, although they weren't bad with me.

www.cconline.com Never used them, but they're supposed to be good.

Avoid:

Overclockers
Dabs
Microdirect (Nearly went bust a couple of months ago and have ropey customer service)

Oh yeah, I've got the 3D Vision glasses and 3D gaming kicks ass. :rockout:

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Nomad2

Thank you very much Qubit ;)

very informative

yes i think im gonna get the benQ

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Before you jump on any LED-backlit 3D monitors, you should read up on some product reviews. I just went on Amazon and checked out that Benq and the people are saying that it is littered with problems. Ranging from bad color reproduction to terrible backlight bleeding. All I am saying is proceed with caution. Or if you can wait a little while until they fix the problem, all the better, less hassle for you.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
Nomad2, Happita's advice is spot on. When I said get the Benq, I was thinking in comparison to that dodgy Acer and forgot about the rest, lol.

One should always review the market and read product reviews from many different sources when looking for a particular product. If that Benq also has significant issues like Happita said, then don't put up with them, get another model.

Unfortunately, 120Hz LCD monitors are still quite rare and expensive, so there isn't a good market for them, which makes getting a good one more difficult than a good 60Hz monitor.

Nomad2

@happita: yes thank you. i know there are reports of backlight bleed, but it seems with the newest Revision/firmware v.005 of the benQ it should be fixed.

i emailed benQ to ask but no reply yet. but some say yes its been fixed.

@qubit: yeah, its a rare market, with less models to choose from, [3D Vision Ready 120 hz 24']'. yep

this is why maybe no option is best.

but for me the most important is the size ( 24'') , the wallpapers looking good and vivid. and 3D Stereoscopic Performance. as i purchased nvidia 3D vision wireless ( Revision .02 improved duration)

what i find weird is that some say their benQ is great and are happy some say its got bleeding.

and thanks for replying, it helps clearing up my mind.

Last edited:
Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
@happita: yes thank you. i know there are reports of backlight bleed, but it seems with the newest Revision/firmware v.005 of the benQ it should be fixed.

I don't think backlight bleeding has anything to do with firmware. It has to do with the actual panel itself and how it was constructed, or if it is a cheap TN panel.

Unfortunately only time will give us more choices down the road. As I see it, the only reliable 3d monitor out there right now is the Alienware that I have in my system specs. And I have done a LOT of reading product reviews and other research before even considering to buy it. Unfortunately it isn't LED :(

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
I don't think backlight bleeding has anything to do with firmware. It has to do with the actual panel itself and how it was constructed, or if it is a cheap TN panel.

Unfortunately only time will give us more choices down the road. As I see it, the only reliable 3d monitor out there right now is the Alienware that I have in my system specs. And I have done a LOT of reading product reviews and other research before even considering to buy it. Unfortunately it isn't LED :(

I wouldn't be too upset about that. ;) Tom's Hardware had a piece comparing several CCFL monitors with LED backlit ones and it wasn't a slam-dunk for LED at all.

In fact, other than the immediate impression of vividness, the CCFLs tended to be better and had better colour accuracy.

Nomad2

Unfortunately if isn't LED :(

so what is it isnt LED? what ?

qubit: so ur saying LED looks more vivid? as in wallpapers?

you say the firmware cant fix the bleeding, but ive read that the firmware update FIXES the bleeding. users are reporting this.

so i think the firmware fixes the bleeding. various sources of info tell this.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
so what is it isnt LED? what ?

qubit: so ur saying LED looks more vivid? as in wallpapers?

you say the firmware cant fix the bleeding, but ive read that the firmware update FIXES the bleeding. users are reporting this.

so i think the firmware fixes the bleeding. various sources of info tell this.

Yes, you have to see it, I can't really describe it and it does look nice. There's no absolute right or wrong here. You have to see and compare for yourself.

My laptop has an LED backlight, while my main monitor has CCFL. However, the laptop (an expensive HP dv6-1216sa) doesn't seem to have a decent viewing angle from any angle - the picture always looks somehow wrong from all angles. Just less wrong from straight on. I dunno if it's because of the backlight though. It could just be a cheap TN panel in an overpriced laptop.

I didn't get stitched up though, it's original retail price was £600, but I got it for £400 in a sale and it has a really good spec. :D

No, firmware cannot stop bleeding in a display. "Bleeding" is light leakage around the edge of the display due to poor quality construction of the display panel, so no firmware update could possibly fix it.

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
For 3d if you can find one I highly recommend the Planar SA2311W. Crosstalk which is the biggest problem with 3d vision is minimal on this display.

I had one of these a while back. It had a weird problem, where it had an odd fringe around high contrast pixels, making text look oddly blurry and is immediately noticeable and very annoying. It looked even worse on the digital input too, surprisingly.

I noticed the same problem with the Acer GD235hz. It also had input lag. In 3d vision it was too dark and showed quite a bit of crosstalk. I hear that the two displays are very similar.

These are all issues that I don't see on the Planar. That thing is sweet in 3d.

Last edited:

Nomad2

yeah but not the planar because its 23'' i GOTTA have a 24''(23.6)

for me its the most important thing. the size. i wanna feel a difference from my current 22''

so no planar , or Asus, or Alienware.

i just received the email from benQ they say there is nothing wrong with XL2410T

what?

they are denying backlight bleeding or am i stupid?

maybe they have fixed it and thats hwy now........well i dunno

its funny cuz now no ones working as its holiday season. i should buy it on september

wait.......no time to enjoy if not summer!! lol

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
I'm not surprised the Benq have denied it. Manufactures usually about these things unless they're outed in some major way and forced to admit it.

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Software Windows 7 X64
yeah but not the planar because its 23'' i GOTTA have a 24''(23.6)

for me its the most important thing. the size. i wanna feel a difference from my current 22''

so no planar , or Asus, or Alienware.

i just received the email from benQ they say there is nothing wrong with XL2410T

what?

they are denying backlight bleeding or am i stupid?

maybe they have fixed it and thats hwy now........well i dunno

its funny cuz now no ones working as its holiday season. i should buy it on september

wait.......no time to enjoy if not summer!! lol

Its a half inch. I didn't even know that the Planar wasn't 23.6" until just now. I didn't notice that it was any smaller than the Acer GD235hz that I had been using beforehand.

This is what Bloody from 3d Vision Blog said about the Benq in the forum.

All the BenQ 3D monitors I've seen so far suffered from very bad backlight bleeding, so I won't recommend them just because of that issue. The crosstalk/ghosting in 3D will be slightly more than what the most recent models will have such as the new Acer you mention, but won't be that bad. However I still haven't been able to extensively test a BenQ XL2410T, so there might be other important things to note too. Anyone actually owning this monitor may be able to share some of his/hers experience with it...

Last edited:

Nomad2

yeah, but then further on the post in the forum they say its fixed with newer models ( fimrware)

goddamn. i gotta make up my mind. and take a risk.

the acer or the benQ. im gonna call benQ tomorrow personally lets say if they say there is no bleeding at my face.

or i icould call Acer and ask about the Buzzing and oversharpening?

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Software Windows 7 X64
The buzzing and oversharpening are there on the Acer, not to mention the input lag. That I wouldn't even consider.

If you do plan on using this for 3d vision there are better displays than the BenQ too. Crosstalk is the main issue with 3d. I would look at the LG or Planar.

Don't get me wrong the Planar isn't issue free either. It has a strange screen tearing but its performance in 3d is amazing. I can say for sure that it blows the Acer out of the water.

Edit: The BenQ might not be a second bad choice, I would love to see a good comparison against the Alienware and Asus on ghosting.

Last edited:

Nomad2

gawd i called benQ and they say they know nothing about Backlight Bleeding come on!!!

i told them people in the forums knew more !!!

they told me they are selling the revision of december 2010 which is v.005. thats the newest.

im buying it tomorrow