• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"Free" Steam game, CrimeCraft: BLEEDOUT - is it just one big spyware trojan?

Is CrimeCraft spyware? (public poll)

• Total voters
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
I DLed, started it and closed it again. I then closed Steam and started to scan my Steam folder. McAfee AV Plus did not find anything.

that's because McAfee is a virus. :laugh:

false positive, but just in case give me your steam username and password and I'll fix it right up for you. I promise ;)

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
that's because McAfee is a virus. :laugh:

false positive, but just in case give me your steam username and password and I'll fix it right up for you. I promise ;)

You muppet! :toast:

Anyway, here it is:

Username: us3rnam3
Password: pa$$w0rd

;););)

Harlach

Crime Craft Bleedout

Alright, so after I downloaded crime craft and played a few hours and took a break, shut off my comp and when I come back, and load up steam this is what is happening now.

Running Steam in Windows compatibility mode is not recommended.
Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam. Press 'Cance' to permanently ignore this warning and continue.

now I'm tempted to press cancel, but my friend messaged me about an hour ago saying how he deleted CrimeCraft Bleedout and had to do some major cleaning as to it gave him a virus saying it infiltrated his windows updater and program manager.

What's up with this thing? did I get a virus should I clean it out and restore to a few days ago? lol I like the game but I'm not sure what to do

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Alright, so after I downloaded crime craft and played a few hours and took a break, shut off my comp and when I come back, and load up steam this is what is happening now.

Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam. Press 'Cance' to permanently ignore this warning and continue.

now I'm tempted to press cancel, but my friend messaged me about an hour ago saying how he deleted CrimeCraft Bleedout and had to do some major cleaning as to it gave him a virus saying it infiltrated his windows updater and program manager.

What's up with this thing? did I get a virus should I clean it out and restore to a few days ago? lol I like the game but I'm not sure what to do

Can you clarify what you mean by "infiltrated"? Also, what do you mean by "program manager"? This hasn't existed since Windows 3.0. We need better info than this if we're to help you.

Perhaps get your friend to register on TPU and tell us directly? :toast:

Harlach

Well what I'm really wondering about is

Please remove any Windows compatibility settings for all users under file properties for Steam.exe and restart Steam. Press 'Cancel' to permanently ignore this warning and continue.

That portion, why after I downloaded and played the game for a bit did this happen when I started it up again. Which i forgot to mention for some reason was that I checked the file and proceeded to turn off windows compatibility but it's not on, so I'm confused as to why it says this

ctrain

that's no virus, just convenient timing of a slightly annoying problem with steam. just google it and you'll find a fix, it takes 3 seconds to do. i think it's actually the result of a windows feature.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Kaspersky is like my dad. He used to tell me that kissing a girl can get her pregnant.

That all depends on where you kiss her and what you were doing before the kiss. Under certain circumstances your dad could be completely right.

System Name no remorse
Processor i7 2600k @ 4.7 ht on
Motherboard gigabyte z68x-ud3p-b3
Cooling xspc rasa cpu block, bitspower restop, mcp355
Memory 4 x 4gb corsair vengance 1600 8-8-8-24
Video Card(s) 570 gtx
Storage 2x32 gb patriot ssd's in raid 0 (os & games) / 2 x 500gb barracuda (storage)
Display(s) 25 inch 1080p widescreen i-inc
Case cooler master haf x
Audio Device(s) turtle beach earforce px21 headset (usb)
Power Supply corsair HX850
Benchmark Scores super pi 1m : 7.160 sec. 34,837 3dmark06
i installed it and scanned with malwarebytes and windows defender, they didnt flag it. not sure how good they are but i fully trust steam. played it for 4 hours, was actually pretty fun, but the wait time to get in a server is terrible. guess they never expected this many ppl to actually be playing it at one time.

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
That all depends on where you kiss her and what you were doing before the kiss. Under certain circumstances your dad could be completely right.

or what youve been doing with your mouth before you kiss the said girl... spit swallow gargle