• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
Need I say more....LOL I think that STEAM talks is just someone mad about it being on Origin,DICE/EA themselves state in the FAQ for Origin this

Q: Is Origin required to play my game, even if I didn't buy it on Origin?

A: Beginning in September of 2011, most new PC games from EA will benefit from the enhanced features provided by Origin integrated into the games. PC players will be required to log-in to Origin to play new EA games so you are getting the best possible experience with the full set of online features to connect and play with friends, get help when you need it and keep the game updated with the latest content. Whether you purchase the game on Origin.com, from another site for digital downloads, or at retail for physical discs, new games will require you to have the Origin to play. If you didn't buy your game on Origin, Origin will be included in the installer for the game.

When playing games offline, Origin log-in will not be required to play. For older EA catalog games, Origin is not required to play - though we recommend you use the Origin application for fast, seamless downloads, auto-patching and additional social features.

And the link http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5291/~/origin-frequently-asked-questions
I have no idea what you are getting at with my altered post. It would have made sense to just leave it like it was.

Start Steam
Start Origin
Start your web browser
Then start BF3

Seems like way to much just to play a game on steam if that turns out to be the case. But lets not put our carriage before the horse. What you posted would be before steam was included. Lets see if that remains if it's announced that steam will also provide BF3. A what if scenario could be:
-Start Steam
-Start Game
-Game will have main menu and server browser with the option to go to battle log.

Last edited:
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
You can gain access to the dogtags by stabbing those people and taking them. I like SPECACT as it allowed me to keep multiple loadouts at the ready. While nice, once the primary weapons are set right, repurposing a kit is pretty quick with the slide menu.

TimSad

If you get the dog tags can you loose them if someone knifes? I'm not to familiar with the battlefield games even though I have purchased most of them I always end up not liking them because I get killed everytime I spawn.

You always have your dogtags. It's just that whenever someone knifes you, they obtain a set of your personally customized dogtags(which you can always re-customize).

I've already pre-ordered BF3 from Origin and I also plan on pre-ordering the retail copy from BestBuy. I'm really hoping that I can mix the exclusive content onto one account(i.e. take my BestBuy copy's SpecAct and put it with my Origin's PWP).

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Most of this is old news for you now. Posted for the slackers.

uk.pc.ign.com - Battlefield 3 Beta Numbers Revealed

Six times larger than Bad Company 2.

US, October 4, 2011
by Andrew Goldfarb

Update: Troedsson is referring to the number of simultaneous players, not total players, meaning the twelve million figure is incorrect. The exact number of players in the beta has not been released. Original story is below.

DICE has confirmed the number of participants in Battlefield 3's open beta.

In a new blog post General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson announced that DICE is "seeing six times the number of simultaneous players in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta compared to the Beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2."

As spotted by VG247, two million players participated in Battlefield: Bad Company 2's open beta, which means as many as twelve million may have participated in the beta for Battlefield 3.

"The Open Beta will help us deliver a robust gaming environment from day one," Troedsson wrote. "The fact that Battlefield 3 is clearly our biggest game launch ever by a magnitude of six makes it doubly important to test everything."

<see site for streaming media>

Battlefield 3 Beta Guide

According to Troedsson, the beta is "actually quite early and not representative of the final game."

"The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old," he wrote. "We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we've built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms. Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up."

He also wrote that feedback received during the open beta will help to make the final game better.

"The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta," Troedsson added. "You have helped [make] sure of that."

Battlefield 3's open beta will run until Monday, October 10th. The final game hits stores on October 25th.

Scouring the world to bring you the news...

Some DICE dev updates from the beta forums to keep you in the know...:)
Re queues:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826551139121049299/

Originally Posted by Tottenizer
A queue system will be in place at release. We ran into issues with the queue system in the BETA and therefor it is disabled now, but it will return at release. With the queue system you should be able to join the same team when doing a party join even if there are not enough slots available on the server at the time of party leader joining.

And about the squad issue:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925959337112/1/

Originally Posted by Bazajaytee
As I have already mentioned in other threads about squads, we are writing up how squad management works in retail and will be posting it when we have it.

The squads are broken in the BETA and is a known issue.
and
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925959337112/2/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazajaytee
We have never said that.
That doesn't say anything like you are claiming,
That says squads and VoIP will be managed in Battlelog, the same way you can invite a party of friends from (Battlelog) into a game as a squad. Doesn't mean you can not manage the squad in game once you are there.

Yes he did leave it open for discussion and assumption but that is due to the fact he wants the designers to be the ones with the final outline on how squads will work. We should have that for everyone to read and have a clear picture of how squads work soon.

techspot.com - Battlefield 3 Beta Performance Test

<follow link above to see original article with all charts and graphs>

By Steven Walton on October 4, 2011
Editor: Julio Franco

Easily one of the most demanding video games released last year, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 featured stunning graphics with real-world damage and excellent gameplay. Still upon release the shooter was very buggy, so much that it delayed our performance article. Built around the Frostbite 1.5 engine, the game was eventually patched up to become a very popular online FPS having sold in excess of 9 million copies.

Battlefield 3, the latest in a long line of Battlefield titles is likely the most anticipated game of 2011. Using the new Frostbite 2 engine the game promises to deliver jaw dropping visuals coupled with fast paced action packed fun.

The gorgeously crafted video teasers have certainly helped the cause throughout the year. Battlefield 3 has huge momentum behind it and the cross-platform beta will hopefully serve developers towards a solid release next October 25th. After all, between the mandatory Origin PC download and the lack of private servers (a standing trend these days), no one is up for a troublesome laggy connection when trying to frag on launch day.

Battlefield 3 will feature both single and multiplayer modes, though the beta is only providing access to the multiplayer portion of the game. The beta includes a single map called “Operation Metro” and the only game mode supported on this map is called rush. There are password-protected servers that have access to the Caspian Border map with 64-player support where DICE is testing out vehicles.

Admittedly we love that Battlefield 3 is using the PC as the lead platform rather than a console. When played on the PC the game will handle 40 more players and will take advantage of the latest computer hardware with support for DirectX 11 and 64-bit processors. As such the recommended system specifications are notably high.

DICE recommends a quad-core CPU be used along with 4GB of system memory. As for the graphics card a GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950 is suggested, meaning that gamers will want to spend around $200 on a modern graphics card to appreciate Battlefield 3. Today we'll take a peak at what's required to play Battlefield 3 as we check out how the beta performs.

Testing Notes & Methodology

For testing the Battlefield 3 beta we lined up 18 graphics card configurations across all price ranges. The latest drivers were used for all cards which is important as both AMD and Nvidia released updated drivers specifically for this game.

Testing Battlefield 3 was somewhat of a nightmare due to the clumsy system used to find games which relies on an external web browser. Rather than feature an in-game finder Battlefield 3 beta cannot be accessed until the player has found and joined a game. This means it's not possible to change settings until the player is actively playing on a map.

We used Fraps to measure frame rates during a minute of gameplay from the multiplayer map Operation Metro. The performance was measured from the same spawn point each time following the same path while an average of three runs was recorded.

Battlefield 3 was tested at three resolutions: 1680x1050, 1920x1200 and 2560x1600. The game was tested using the Ultra and High quality presets which are meant to be the same for the beta, yet we found significant differences between the two.

When set to Ultra every setting is maxed out with the exception of anti-aliasing post which is set to medium. The anti-aliasing deferred settings is set to 4xMSAA while anisotropic filtering is set to 16x. Other quality settings such as texture, shadow, effects, mesh, terrain and terrain decoration are all set to Ultra.

The Ultra preset was extremely demanding, so we also tested using the High quality preset. This turned anti-aliasing deferred off and left the anti-aliasing post settings on medium. All other visual quality settings as detailed above are turned to high. We'll be looking for an average of 60fps for stutter-free gameplay.

Test System Specs
- Intel Core i7 2600K
- x2 4GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (CAS 8-8-8-20)
- Asus P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67)
- OCZ ZX Series 1250w
- Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB (SATA 6Gb/s)
- GeForce GTX 590 (3072MB)
- GeForce GTX 580 (1536MB) SLI
- GeForce GTX 580 (1536MB)
- GeForce GTX 570 (1280MB)
- GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024MB)
- GeForce GTX 560 (1024MB)
- GeForce GTX 480 (1536MB)
- GeForce GTX 470 (1280MB)
- GeForce GTX 460 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 6990 (4096MB)
- Radeon HD 6970 (2048MB) Crossfire
- Radeon HD 6970 (2048MB)
- Radeon HD 6950 (2048MB)
- Radeon HD 6870 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 6850 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 5870 (2048MB)
- Radeon HD 5830 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 6790 (1024MB)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Nvidia Forceware 285.38 Beta
- ATI Catalyst 11.10 Preview

Ultra Quality Performance

At 1680x1050 using the Ultra settings we were surprised to find Battlefield 3 to be so demanding. The Radeon HD 6950 averaged just 30fps, while the GeForce GTX 570 was noticeably faster, matching the Radeon HD 6970 with 39fps. The GeForce GTX 580 scored 42fps which is still low for the fastest single GPU graphics card money can buy.

The Radeon HD 6990 spat out a more respectable 61fps, while a pair of Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire cards were slightly faster with 64fps. The GeForce GTX 590 averaged 67fps, following the pair of GeForce GTX 580 SLI cards that managed an impressive 74fps.

Increasing the resolution to 1920x1200 hit performance further as the Radeon HD 6950 delivered less than 30fps. The GeForce GTX 580 remained the fastest single GPU card with an average of just 36fps. Dual-GPU solutions performed considerably better, with the GeForce GTX 580 SLI configuration stealing the show once again with 64fps.

There is no denying that dual-GPU configurations are a must at 2560x1600 using Ultra settings. The slowest single GPU card we tested, the Radeon HD 6950 averaged just 20fps. The GeForce GTX 570 also managed 21fps while the GeForce GTX 580 was slightly faster with 23fps.

Even the Radeon HD 6990 scored a mere 34fps while the Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire cards and GeForce GTX 590 were matched at 36fps.

High Quality - 1680x1050

Reducing the visual quality from the ultra to high drastically helped to improve performance. Here the Radeon HD 6950 is now able to average 47fps at 1680x1050, while the GeForce GTX 570 managed 51fps allowing it to match the Radeon HD 6970.

The GeForce GTX 580 was king of the single GPU cards with 58fps making it 14% faster than the Radeon HD 6970. Further down the chart we find the GeForce GTX 560 Ti averaging 43fps making it slightly faster than the 42fps of the Radeon HD 6870.

Budget-minded cards such as the Radeon HD 6850, 5830 and GeForce GTX 460 still struggled to deliver playable performance when using the high quality settings at 1680x1050.

High Quality - 1920x1200

Now at 1920x1200 the GeForce GTX 580 was able to average 50fps, followed by the GeForce GTX 570 with 46fps. The Radeon HD 6970 was slightly slower with 45fps. The GeForce GTX 560 Ti and Radeon HD 6870 struggled with 36fps, while the Radeon HD 6850, 5830, 6790 and GeForce GTX 460 all rendered less than 30fps.

High Quality - 2560x1600

Not unlike previous results we find that the 2560x1600 resolution calls for a dual-GPU solution, even with the high quality preset in use. The GeForce GTX 580 averaged just 34fps, while the GeForce GTX 570 and Radeon HD 6970 averaged 31fps. South of those graphics cards there is nothing worth talking about.

This time the Radeon HD 6990 outgunned the GeForce GTX 590 by 4fps with an average of 57fps. The Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire and GeForce GTX 580 SLI configurations both averaged 64fps.

CPU Scaling and Performance

Overclocking your Core i7 processor is not going to help deliver more performance in Battlefield 3 according to our test using a single GeForce GTX 580 card. We observed that a 49% increase in clock speed for the Core i7 allowed for a mere 6% increase in frame rates.

Processors that only support 2 threads will take a hit as our Phenom II X2 560 delivered 42fps, almost 20% slower than a similarly clocked Phenom II X4 processor. However we were surprised by how well dual-cores performed when compared to other recently tested games.

Games such as Hard Rest, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and Crysis 2 saw a massive difference in performance between dual and quad-core processors. For example, in Deus Ex dual-cores were 43% slower than their quad-core counterparts.

For the most part Battlefield 3 doesn’t appear to be all that CPU demanding, at least this is what we can tell from testing the multiplayer portion that the beta allows us to test. We'll be keen to revisit these results once the full version of the game is released.

Conclusion

Battlefield 3 certainly looks like an impressive game though to be honest between testing and the frustrating setup process for each iteration, I've not had much of a chance to play it fully. From what I was able to gather, there is still much to be done. The lack of an in-game server browser is troubling, while the inability to change any settings without being in a game and spawned is just down right foolish.

Of course, there's a beta for a reason and we have to try and treat it as such. The night after the beta went live our editor Matthew DeCarlo organized a Friday Night Fragfest (we host such an event every Friday night), so I felt it was best to ask him about his impressions of the game.

Matt felt the game's graphics were great -- especially if the final version is going to be even better -- and that the audio was fantastic. However the gameplay could only be described as buggy. There were problems that caused people to glitch into things they shouldn't have, while the hit detection is also very poor. Matt wasn’t keen on the beta map either or the game mode which required too much crawling around and he went on… The menu system is best described as a cruel joke and he found the chat box oddly placed at the top and somewhat to the right of the screen making the chat UI feel amateurish.

In a nutshell, initial impressions on gameplay are not great but this is a very limited beta, so we will leave it at that. Still it's scary to think how much work DICE has yet to get done in less than a month for Battlefield 3 to succeed.

As for my impressions on how well the game performs, BF3 certainly looks great when using the high quality settings but I'm not sure the visuals justify ~50fps out of the GeForce GTX 580 at 1920x1200 and 45fps from the Radeon HD 6970. The ultra settings are not fully developed so I won't comment on them.

For a game that was seen utilizing six threads quite efficiently, we were pleased to see that the dual-core Phenom II X2 was just 20% slower than a similar configured quad-core processor.

It's been nice to see AMD and Nvidia competing so aggressively to deliver improved support and compatibility for Battlefield 3. Testing revealed that both Crossfire and SLI worked well, though every now and then flickering glitches were noticed when using either technology. A large number of gamers are reporting flickering issues with single GPU configurations as well, so this is another issue that will needed to be addressed before the game is released.

The Battlefield 3 beta has somewhat disappointed as we were hoping to see a more polished game just a month away from release. That said we'll reserve final judgment until then and expect a detailed performance analysis once Battlefield 3 is officially released.

BF3blog.com - Report: EA and Valve in late-stage talks to get Battlefield 3 to Steam

On October 4th, 2011 in News, Rumor
According to an anonymous report BF3Blog received from inside Valve, the developer/publisher is currently in late-stage talks with EA in bringing Battlefield 3 to the Steam digital distribution service. The rumor says that Battlefield 3 would be available on Steam just in time for the game’s release on October 25.
According to the report, EA and Valve are very close to reaching an agreement regarding sales of DLC content, which is the main reason Battlefield 3 is not on Steam: Valve requires that all DLC is sold through Steam, while EA would prefer to sell via its own channels. This was the cause of another EA title, Crysis 2, for being pulled from Steam earlier this year.
Many PC gamers have lobbied both EA and Valve to put Battlefield 3 on Steam for a while now. It looks like it’ll finally happen soon.
We’ve reached out to EA and Valve for a comment on this story.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Im wondering if i can still be arsed to play the beta.

System Name Bones Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 4770k@4.5ghz
Motherboard ASROCK Extreme 3 Z87
Cooling Corsair H100 4x120mm fans!
Memory 2x4gigs Corsair Vengance 2400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 @1151/1350/Corsair H55
Storage Samsung 120gig 840/OCZ Vector 120gig SSD/500gig SG/320
Display(s) Samsung S27A950D 27in 3D 120hz monitor
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) Asus Zonar d1/Z506 Speakers
Power Supply Coolermaster GX750watt PSU
Software Windows 10 64bit

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Most of this is old news for you now. Posted for the slackers.

uk.pc.ign.com - Battlefield 3 Beta Numbers Revealed

Six times larger than Bad Company 2.

US, October 4, 2011
by Andrew Goldfarb

Update: Troedsson is referring to the number of simultaneous players, not total players, meaning the twelve million figure is incorrect. The exact number of players in the beta has not been released. Original story is below.

DICE has confirmed the number of participants in Battlefield 3's open beta.

In a new blog post General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson announced that DICE is "seeing six times the number of simultaneous players in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta compared to the Beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2."

As spotted by VG247, two million players participated in Battlefield: Bad Company 2's open beta, which means as many as twelve million may have participated in the beta for Battlefield 3.

"The Open Beta will help us deliver a robust gaming environment from day one," Troedsson wrote. "The fact that Battlefield 3 is clearly our biggest game launch ever by a magnitude of six makes it doubly important to test everything."

<see site for streaming media>

Battlefield 3 Beta Guide

According to Troedsson, the beta is "actually quite early and not representative of the final game."

"The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old," he wrote. "We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we've built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms. Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up."

He also wrote that feedback received during the open beta will help to make the final game better.

"The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta," Troedsson added. "You have helped [make] sure of that."

Battlefield 3's open beta will run until Monday, October 10th. The final game hits stores on October 25th.

Scouring the world to bring you the news...

techspot.com - Battlefield 3 Beta Performance Test

<follow link above to see original article with all charts and graphs>

By Steven Walton on October 4, 2011
Editor: Julio Franco

Easily one of the most demanding video games released last year, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 featured stunning graphics with real-world damage and excellent gameplay. Still upon release the shooter was very buggy, so much that it delayed our performance article. Built around the Frostbite 1.5 engine, the game was eventually patched up to become a very popular online FPS having sold in excess of 9 million copies.

Battlefield 3, the latest in a long line of Battlefield titles is likely the most anticipated game of 2011. Using the new Frostbite 2 engine the game promises to deliver jaw dropping visuals coupled with fast paced action packed fun.

The gorgeously crafted video teasers have certainly helped the cause throughout the year. Battlefield 3 has huge momentum behind it and the cross-platform beta will hopefully serve developers towards a solid release next October 25th. After all, between the mandatory Origin PC download and the lack of private servers (a standing trend these days), no one is up for a troublesome laggy connection when trying to frag on launch day.

Battlefield 3 will feature both single and multiplayer modes, though the beta is only providing access to the multiplayer portion of the game. The beta includes a single map called “Operation Metro” and the only game mode supported on this map is called rush. There are password-protected servers that have access to the Caspian Border map with 64-player support where DICE is testing out vehicles.

Admittedly we love that Battlefield 3 is using the PC as the lead platform rather than a console. When played on the PC the game will handle 40 more players and will take advantage of the latest computer hardware with support for DirectX 11 and 64-bit processors. As such the recommended system specifications are notably high.

DICE recommends a quad-core CPU be used along with 4GB of system memory. As for the graphics card a GeForce GTX 560 or Radeon HD 6950 is suggested, meaning that gamers will want to spend around $200 on a modern graphics card to appreciate Battlefield 3. Today we'll take a peak at what's required to play Battlefield 3 as we check out how the beta performs.

Testing Notes & Methodology

For testing the Battlefield 3 beta we lined up 18 graphics card configurations across all price ranges. The latest drivers were used for all cards which is important as both AMD and Nvidia released updated drivers specifically for this game.

Testing Battlefield 3 was somewhat of a nightmare due to the clumsy system used to find games which relies on an external web browser. Rather than feature an in-game finder Battlefield 3 beta cannot be accessed until the player has found and joined a game. This means it's not possible to change settings until the player is actively playing on a map.

We used Fraps to measure frame rates during a minute of gameplay from the multiplayer map Operation Metro. The performance was measured from the same spawn point each time following the same path while an average of three runs was recorded.

Battlefield 3 was tested at three resolutions: 1680x1050, 1920x1200 and 2560x1600. The game was tested using the Ultra and High quality presets which are meant to be the same for the beta, yet we found significant differences between the two.

When set to Ultra every setting is maxed out with the exception of anti-aliasing post which is set to medium. The anti-aliasing deferred settings is set to 4xMSAA while anisotropic filtering is set to 16x. Other quality settings such as texture, shadow, effects, mesh, terrain and terrain decoration are all set to Ultra.

The Ultra preset was extremely demanding, so we also tested using the High quality preset. This turned anti-aliasing deferred off and left the anti-aliasing post settings on medium. All other visual quality settings as detailed above are turned to high. We'll be looking for an average of 60fps for stutter-free gameplay.

Test System Specs
- Intel Core i7 2600K
- x2 4GB G.Skill DDR3 PC3-12800 (CAS 8-8-8-20)
- Asus P8P67 Deluxe (Intel P67)
- OCZ ZX Series 1250w
- Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB (SATA 6Gb/s)
- GeForce GTX 590 (3072MB)
- GeForce GTX 580 (1536MB) SLI
- GeForce GTX 580 (1536MB)
- GeForce GTX 570 (1280MB)
- GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024MB)
- GeForce GTX 560 (1024MB)
- GeForce GTX 480 (1536MB)
- GeForce GTX 470 (1280MB)
- GeForce GTX 460 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 6990 (4096MB)
- Radeon HD 6970 (2048MB) Crossfire
- Radeon HD 6970 (2048MB)
- Radeon HD 6950 (2048MB)
- Radeon HD 6870 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 6850 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 5870 (2048MB)
- Radeon HD 5830 (1024MB)
- Radeon HD 6790 (1024MB)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
- Nvidia Forceware 285.38 Beta
- ATI Catalyst 11.10 Preview

Ultra Quality Performance

At 1680x1050 using the Ultra settings we were surprised to find Battlefield 3 to be so demanding. The Radeon HD 6950 averaged just 30fps, while the GeForce GTX 570 was noticeably faster, matching the Radeon HD 6970 with 39fps. The GeForce GTX 580 scored 42fps which is still low for the fastest single GPU graphics card money can buy.

The Radeon HD 6990 spat out a more respectable 61fps, while a pair of Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire cards were slightly faster with 64fps. The GeForce GTX 590 averaged 67fps, following the pair of GeForce GTX 580 SLI cards that managed an impressive 74fps.

Increasing the resolution to 1920x1200 hit performance further as the Radeon HD 6950 delivered less than 30fps. The GeForce GTX 580 remained the fastest single GPU card with an average of just 36fps. Dual-GPU solutions performed considerably better, with the GeForce GTX 580 SLI configuration stealing the show once again with 64fps.

There is no denying that dual-GPU configurations are a must at 2560x1600 using Ultra settings. The slowest single GPU card we tested, the Radeon HD 6950 averaged just 20fps. The GeForce GTX 570 also managed 21fps while the GeForce GTX 580 was slightly faster with 23fps.

Even the Radeon HD 6990 scored a mere 34fps while the Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire cards and GeForce GTX 590 were matched at 36fps.

High Quality - 1680x1050

Reducing the visual quality from the ultra to high drastically helped to improve performance. Here the Radeon HD 6950 is now able to average 47fps at 1680x1050, while the GeForce GTX 570 managed 51fps allowing it to match the Radeon HD 6970.

The GeForce GTX 580 was king of the single GPU cards with 58fps making it 14% faster than the Radeon HD 6970. Further down the chart we find the GeForce GTX 560 Ti averaging 43fps making it slightly faster than the 42fps of the Radeon HD 6870.

Budget-minded cards such as the Radeon HD 6850, 5830 and GeForce GTX 460 still struggled to deliver playable performance when using the high quality settings at 1680x1050.

High Quality - 1920x1200

Now at 1920x1200 the GeForce GTX 580 was able to average 50fps, followed by the GeForce GTX 570 with 46fps. The Radeon HD 6970 was slightly slower with 45fps. The GeForce GTX 560 Ti and Radeon HD 6870 struggled with 36fps, while the Radeon HD 6850, 5830, 6790 and GeForce GTX 460 all rendered less than 30fps.

High Quality - 2560x1600

Not unlike previous results we find that the 2560x1600 resolution calls for a dual-GPU solution, even with the high quality preset in use. The GeForce GTX 580 averaged just 34fps, while the GeForce GTX 570 and Radeon HD 6970 averaged 31fps. South of those graphics cards there is nothing worth talking about.

This time the Radeon HD 6990 outgunned the GeForce GTX 590 by 4fps with an average of 57fps. The Radeon HD 6970 Crossfire and GeForce GTX 580 SLI configurations both averaged 64fps.

CPU Scaling and Performance

Overclocking your Core i7 processor is not going to help deliver more performance in Battlefield 3 according to our test using a single GeForce GTX 580 card. We observed that a 49% increase in clock speed for the Core i7 allowed for a mere 6% increase in frame rates.

Processors that only support 2 threads will take a hit as our Phenom II X2 560 delivered 42fps, almost 20% slower than a similarly clocked Phenom II X4 processor. However we were surprised by how well dual-cores performed when compared to other recently tested games.

Games such as Hard Rest, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and Crysis 2 saw a massive difference in performance between dual and quad-core processors. For example, in Deus Ex dual-cores were 43% slower than their quad-core counterparts.

For the most part Battlefield 3 doesn’t appear to be all that CPU demanding, at least this is what we can tell from testing the multiplayer portion that the beta allows us to test. We'll be keen to revisit these results once the full version of the game is released.

Conclusion

Battlefield 3 certainly looks like an impressive game though to be honest between testing and the frustrating setup process for each iteration, I've not had much of a chance to play it fully. From what I was able to gather, there is still much to be done. The lack of an in-game server browser is troubling, while the inability to change any settings without being in a game and spawned is just down right foolish.

Of course, there's a beta for a reason and we have to try and treat it as such. The night after the beta went live our editor Matthew DeCarlo organized a Friday Night Fragfest (we host such an event every Friday night), so I felt it was best to ask him about his impressions of the game.

Matt felt the game's graphics were great -- especially if the final version is going to be even better -- and that the audio was fantastic. However the gameplay could only be described as buggy. There were problems that caused people to glitch into things they shouldn't have, while the hit detection is also very poor. Matt wasn’t keen on the beta map either or the game mode which required too much crawling around and he went on… The menu system is best described as a cruel joke and he found the chat box oddly placed at the top and somewhat to the right of the screen making the chat UI feel amateurish.

In a nutshell, initial impressions on gameplay are not great but this is a very limited beta, so we will leave it at that. Still it's scary to think how much work DICE has yet to get done in less than a month for Battlefield 3 to succeed.

As for my impressions on how well the game performs, BF3 certainly looks great when using the high quality settings but I'm not sure the visuals justify ~50fps out of the GeForce GTX 580 at 1920x1200 and 45fps from the Radeon HD 6970. The ultra settings are not fully developed so I won't comment on them.

For a game that was seen utilizing six threads quite efficiently, we were pleased to see that the dual-core Phenom II X2 was just 20% slower than a similar configured quad-core processor.

It's been nice to see AMD and Nvidia competing so aggressively to deliver improved support and compatibility for Battlefield 3. Testing revealed that both Crossfire and SLI worked well, though every now and then flickering glitches were noticed when using either technology. A large number of gamers are reporting flickering issues with single GPU configurations as well, so this is another issue that will needed to be addressed before the game is released.

The Battlefield 3 beta has somewhat disappointed as we were hoping to see a more polished game just a month away from release. That said we'll reserve final judgment until then and expect a detailed performance analysis once Battlefield 3 is officially released.

BF3blog.com - Report: EA and Valve in late-stage talks to get Battlefield 3 to Steam

On October 4th, 2011 in News, Rumor
According to an anonymous report BF3Blog received from inside Valve, the developer/publisher is currently in late-stage talks with EA in bringing Battlefield 3 to the Steam digital distribution service. The rumor says that Battlefield 3 would be available on Steam just in time for the game’s release on October 25.
According to the report, EA and Valve are very close to reaching an agreement regarding sales of DLC content, which is the main reason Battlefield 3 is not on Steam: Valve requires that all DLC is sold through Steam, while EA would prefer to sell via its own channels. This was the cause of another EA title, Crysis 2, for being pulled from Steam earlier this year.
Many PC gamers have lobbied both EA and Valve to put Battlefield 3 on Steam for a while now. It looks like it’ll finally happen soon.
We’ve reached out to EA and Valve for a comment on this story.

Seriously. Who the hell is building their rigs? We have members here that get far better framerates with lesser cards.

Evolved

System Name Cookies N Cream Sundae with Strawberries on top.
Processor Intel | i7 2600K | 4.2Ghz | 1.30v | HT Disabled
Motherboard Asus | Maximus IV Extreme | P67 Chipset | B3 Revision
Cooling Corsair H80 | BZ-502B | Corsair SP120/AF120 | 200mm Spectre Pro
Memory Mushkin Blackline | DDR3 | CL8 | 4x2GB @ 1600Mhz | 1.50v
Video Card(s) Asus | GTX 670 | DirectCU II | GPU: 1056Mhz | MEM: 1803Mhz
Storage Mushkin | Chronos Deluxe | 240GB | R: 560MB/s | W: 520MB/s
Display(s) Asus | VE248H | 24" | LED
Case Corsair | Graphite Series | 600T White | Window Side-Panel
Audio Device(s) Realtek | HD Audio | Creative | Sound Blaster | X-Fi | Go! Pro
Power Supply Corsair | AX850 | 80+ Gold certified | Fully modular
Software Microsoft | Windows 7 | Professional | x64 | OEM
Benchmark Scores BlackWidow | DeathAdder | Goliathus | Creative Fatal1ty Headset
Is there any way I could join this clubhouse and be listed under the members list?

This is my first time joining a clubhouse on TPU, so I thought I would give it a try.

I will definitely be buying BF3 on release day! :toast:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Is there any way I could join this clubhouse and be listed under the members list?

This is my first time joining a clubhouse on TPU, so I thought I would give it a try.

I will definitely be buying BF3 on release day! :toast:

I need to get a list of names together so I can do them all at once.

Everyone please PM me if you want to be in the clubhouse.

WarhammerTX

System Name Alienware Aurora
Processor i970 @3.8
Motherboard Alienware x58
Cooling Alienware liquid
Memory 12 gigs Corsair XMS tri-channel
Video Card(s) Visiontek 7950 3 gig
Storage Barrucuda 500 gig sata II x 2
Display(s) Dell U2312HM
Case Aurora
Audio Device(s) Realtec 7.1
Power Supply 875 watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64
System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
You can gain access to the dogtags by stabbing those people and taking them. I like SPECACT as it allowed me to keep multiple loadouts at the ready. While nice, once the primary weapons are set right, repurposing a kit is pretty quick with the slide menu.

I was looking for this menu before, but could not find it. The only one I see is clicking on weapons or your other slots for your kits and fast swapping them. Which usually I set it stone for the most part. But things like bipods, underslung, scopes, it's a bit of a pain to switch out. Though it is nice it remembers it for each specific gun.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
I was playing and i got killed and was waiting for a medic and right when i was out of time i got revived and so i could run around and kill people while not be able to be killed game thought i was dead, so i got a lot of knife kills. after the match i got kicked and lost all my progress :( oh well

TheMailMan78

Big Member
I got all the PM's added. Does anyone else wanna be added before I upload the new list?

Edit: Front page list updated.

Last edited:

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
I was playing and i got killed and was waiting for a medic and right when i was out of time i got revived and so i could run around and kill people while not be able to be killed game thought i was dead, so i got a lot of knife kills. after the match i got kicked and lost all my progress :( oh well

That's why I a few times Ive been killed and the kill cam shows a corpse. :wtf:

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
I got all the PM's added. Does anyone else wanna be added before I upload the new list?

Hope it's not too late to get thrown on there. I was in class at work >.<

System Name Red Matter 2
Processor Ryzen 5600X
Motherboard X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling Water is Masterliquid 240 Pro
Memory GeiL EVO X 3600mhz 32g also G.Skill Ripjaw series 5 4x8 3600mhz as backup lol
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming Radeon RX 6800
Storage EVO 860. Rocket Q M.2 SSD WD Blue M.2 SSD Seagate Firecuda 2tb storage.
Display(s) ASUS ROG Swift PG32VQ
Case Phantek P400 Glass
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA G3 850
Mouse Roccat Military/ Razer Deathadder V2
Keyboard Razer Chroma
Software W10
Does anyone else feel like they are moving around in cement shoes in the beta? It's ridiculously slow and clumsy, and the higher damage makes it worse. There's just so much that feels wrong and doesn't work...hope dice is hard at work before this goes gold.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]

Meeee

Ill re-preorder eventually

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
well I find Crossfire at least playable now, still a lil choppy at times but im hoping things will be smoother on retail release.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yeah it was better I think but it's still drops to unplayable frames occasionally. And at random times like on a close up killcam in the subway. Next death was fine; not choppy and like 60 fps. It seems to get worse as I play...

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
Does anyone else feel like they are moving around in cement shoes in the beta? It's ridiculously slow and clumsy, and the higher damage makes it worse. There's just so much that feels wrong and doesn't work...hope dice is hard at work before this goes gold.
No but the enemy looks like he is in fast forward when I'm outside. Trying to track them in a scope is crazy.
You have to lead them. I'm sure they are gonna get this all worked out , but so far I'm not having much fun.
They run to fast outside and I can't see jackshit in the tunnel.
Brought my k/d up from .45 to .50 , but it was like duck hunting.
You have to lead the A-holes big time.

System Name GLaDOS
Processor AMD FX-9590 X8 4.7GHz
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
Cooling Corsair H80i v2
Memory Corsair Vengeance 24GB (2x8GB, 2x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G-GAMINGOC
Storage WD Blue 3D NAND 1TB Internal PC SSD
Display(s) 2 Acer S231HL 23" LED backlit LCD's on a Dual LCD stand
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow
Audio Device(s) Onboard - Corsair Void Pro Wireless
Power Supply Corsair 850HXi 850W
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Seriously. Who the hell is building their rigs? We have members here that get far better framerates with lesser cards.

My 5850 handles High settings at 1680 x 1050 no problem. At least 30+ FPS during explosions. Don't know what the heck they are doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.