• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
xbox cannot directly access battlelog. they are stuck with ingame server browser.

I wouldn't use the word "stuck" as having in game server browser and in game voip is pretty common thing to see for a MP, FPS. So, if I were to just use the xbox 360 you are implying that I could ignore the need for battlelog and I could chat with players on the field instead of trying to alt-tab them into a party. Lets also add that on console I don't have to worry about origin as well.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
because they would never implement an "off" setting for it, right?

Yeah yeah I guess I'm just trying to emphasize that I think voicechat in-game blows chunks and detracts from the immersion (despite the obvious tactical uses and advantages) and that I certainly won't be crying if it never gets added much less just not at launch.

To each their own...

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
Yeah yeah I guess I'm just trying to emphasize that I think voicechat in-game blows chunks and detracts from the immersion .

depends on the server. there are good pub servers, and the one we ran for BC:2 was good, for everyone. what about being able to communicate with pubs in our server? (of course there will be one, or more :) )
i'm not trying to say it's not abused and annoying and mostly filled with @#!holes, but there is use to it and you only need to use it, when it's useful.
i am going to love bf3 no matter what, i know that now. but it does make me a little disappointed that i won't have in game voice.

and @Haru (I think)
there were not always people on, and often ones that are live on the other side of the country(or another country). i'm not going to play at 100+ ping (every night) just to be able to use voice chat. i will play alone on a local server @30ping with no voice before doing that every night.

even having teamspeak as the server banner isn't enough, as a)most people won't switch out to join, and b)it still doesn't distinguish squads, or even teams. not without someone manually moving people into rooms each round. that's crazy imo, to consider it the best alternative. a functional in game voip system is the best possible option - the just need to do it right.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Well I was thinking I should try to make use of it for this game with you guys, if anything.

I do have a mic...

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Activision is doing their thing, building a brand and consistently releasing hits until the sales figures drop off (Tony Hawk, Guitar Hero). EA's really no different though. Just look at Madden.

I'm sorry, but you can't compare an FPS to a Sport Sim. 2K does the samething, those franchises are not like Tony Hawk or COD. Those people that play those religiously actually want a new game each year, for updated rosters, and they actually see new ingame features (animations for hits, more modes, more options with your team). I'm not on the EA bandwagon here, but Activison release a COD every year, I don't think EA(beyond Sports) has a series that they do that for.

So we get no in game voip and seeing in game command rose hasn't really been confirmed for launch (only, "I hope to see it..."). Two of the most essential tools to communicating in a team/squad based game isn't being confirmed for launch. In BF2 if you didn't want to hear from a person you could click on their name's checkbox and mute them. There are plenty of people upset over this. When you add that you have to have origin running in the background, use a web browser to see a server list, flight control issues as well as joystick support concerns and you are limited to one solider per account people begin to wonder.

I think in game voip is a big issue here. On the console in game voip works just fine. The same should be for PC.

Hate comma rose, always have, it's clunky crap. I prefer Q, I don't need to scroll through 5 sub menus to tell John Bob I am scratching my left ass cheek. I do agree that a muting function would be nice, but I honestly turn off ingame VOIP anyways, anyone I want to hear I will use Skype, TS, or Vent with. As far as Origin running, it takes very little resources (will not crush a computer solely), and Battlelog seemed fine, just needs a bit of polishing since the beta.

I would like to see more soldiers per account, simply because making names for Origin was confusing. I made my grouped EA accunt like 3 years ago, and I constantly tried changing my Persona to 1Kurgan1. It had the option to do it, but everytime I changed it and saved it, I would go back and it was Grevenilvec still. Then Origin came out and grabbed my name that it never let me change, and they say you should have changed it (but you couldn't).

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
I wouldn't use the word "stuck" as having in game server browser and in game voip is pretty common thing to see for a MP, FPS. So, if I were to just use the xbox 360 you are implying that I could ignore the need for battlelog and I could chat with players on the field instead of trying to alt-tab them into a party. Lets also add that on console I don't have to worry about origin as well.

Then buy it for the 360.

Personally, I'm fine with no in game server browser or VoiP.

1Kurgan1 said:
I'm sorry, but you can't compare an FPS to a Sport Sim. 2K does the samething, those franchises are not like Tony Hawk or COD. Those people that play those religiously actually want a new game each year, for updated rosters, and they actually see new ingame features (animations for hits, more modes, more options with your team). I'm not on the EA bandwagon here, but Activison release a COD every year, I don't think EA(beyond Sports) has a series that they do that for.

Of course I can compare it to a sports title. It takes babysteps in advances and is released as a new game year after year. Essentially the Madden series is a yearly roster update with slight graphics and animation improvements from year to year. Sure, they've added features and removed others, but nothing that would justify spending $60-$70 on a whole new game. I do see your point though.

Last edited:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Of course I can compare it to a sports title. It takes babysteps in advances and is released as a new game year after year. Essentially the Madden series is a yearly roster update with slight graphics and animation improvements from year to year. Sure, they've added features and removed others, but nothing that would justify spending $60-$70 on a whole new game. I do see your point though.

Well you can compare anything, but Sports game has always been yearly, and they haven't tanked because of it, because their fan base is fine with that function. Look at Tony Hawk, look at guitar Hero, they tanked eventually because of it, meaning their fanbase doesn't feel the same about it as the Sports Franchises that have been going since the early 90's (2 more years and EA's NFL Franchise is 20). Thats why I say you just can't compare them, COD is already starting to tank, 1 or 2 more titles and it will probably be done for. I do agree on the sports games though, I don't buy them every year, but I did buy NHL 12 and I am having fun. But I got a few friends that buy them every year and play the crap out of them, and they don't mind one bit.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Hate comma rose, always have, it's clunky crap. I prefer Q, I don't need to scroll through 5 sub menus to tell John Bob I am scratching my left ass cheek. I do agree that a muting function would be nice, but I honestly turn off ingame VOIP anyways, anyone I want to hear I will use Skype, TS, or Vent with. As far as Origin running, it takes very little resources (will not crush a computer solely), and Battlelog seemed fine, just needs a bit of polishing since the beta.
Command rose isn't a hard concept to use. Also, even if it was available you still would be using Q to spot. So I don't see you making a point there. Q is the same with or without a command rose. People simply want more then just Q. And how do they communicate with team mates with TS, etc if they aren't even on the same server. People aren't going to jump from one sever to another just because someone on TS is playing somewhere. And I don't see people wanting to create new channels and shuffle players every round just to communicate.

Then buy it for the 360.

Personally, I'm fine with no in game server browser or VoiP.
It's really not about "just buy it..." it's about the gaping difference for what you get at the same price point between platforms. With a console it's just the tradition setup. A setup one should also have on PC. As for voip even steam offers that feature and you don't need to alt-tab to a web browser to do it.

So in the end we get it, you don't care. But there are others who do.

Last edited:
System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Well you can compare anything, but Sports game has always been yearly, and they haven't tanked because of it, because their fan base is fine with that function. Look at Tony Hawk, look at guitar Hero, they tanked eventually because of it, meaning their fanbase doesn't feel the same about it as the Sports Franchises that have been going since the early 90's (2 more years and EA's NFL Franchise is 20). Thats why I say you just can't compare them, COD is already starting to tank, 1 or 2 more titles and it will probably be done for. I do agree on the sports games though, I don't buy them every year, but I did buy NHL 12 and I am having fun. But I got a few friends that buy them every year and play the crap out of them, and they don't mind one bit.

It's a subscription fee, essentially. Buy the new game because everyone else is, plus we're gonna shut down the servers for that particular version pretty soon anyways. I stopped buying Madden years ago, but I still entertain the thought of grabbing a copy from time to time.

I can't wait for CoD to die off. It's a shame too, because it was a lot of fun until they flooded the market with it.

Uh, excuse me. Mark it zero. Next frame.

Dude, I wasn't over the line. Mark it down 8.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Command rose isn't a hard concept to use. Also, even if it was available you still would be using Q to spot. So I don't see you making a point there. Q is the same with or without a command rose. People simply want more then just Q.

Have you ever played online games recently, people now days just aren't the same as BF2 days. I can be standing right in the ear hole of an Assault guy spamming Q and screaming GIVE ME SOME AMMO right in his face numerous times, yet nothing.... Comma rose isn't needed, Q on a point to tell people to get there, Q on a vehicle to say you need a ride or to repair, Q on a troop to say you need ammo/health. You do see the point, you just disagree. But Comma rose always was clunky, and people don't pay attention to others screaming in their ear, comma rose is one of the things I hated the most about BF2. You don't need it, map awareness to see when to retreat, and Q is more than enough to make up for it.

As far as people wanting more than just Q. People want BF2, then go play it, it's half a decade later, move on :laugh: Sick of hearing "this was in BF2, this was, I want this from BF2" It's an old game, it had it's time, I liked 1942 DC mod and BC2 more. And I will judge BF3 on it's own merits, not on unnecessary features it doesn't have that a half a decade old game had that were slowly and clunky even back then. I prefer to do my command on the move.

It's a subscription fee, essentially. Buy the new game because everyone else is, plus we're gonna shut down the servers for that particular version pretty soon anyways. I stopped buying Madden years ago, but I still entertain the thought of grabbing a copy from time to time.

I can't wait for CoD to die off. It's a shame too, because it was a lot of fun until they flooded the market with it.

It's kind of like that now, but those sports franchises went for over a decade before having online support and they managed just fine in sales.

I personally never enjoyed COD, but I hear many say 2 and 4 were great. But thats because they were different. Even using the same platform they have been using, they could make it great, but it just seems they figure new maps are better than more features.

Last edited:

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Have you ever played online games recently, people now days just aren't the same as BF2 days. I can be standing right in the ear hole of an Assault guy spamming Q and screaming GIVE ME SOME AMMO right in his face numerous times, yet nothing.... Comma rose isn't needed, Q on a point to tell people to get there, Q on a vehicle to say you need a ride or to repair, Q on a troop to say you need ammo/health. You do see the point, you just disagree. But Comma rose always was clunky, and people don't pay attention to others screaming in their ear, comma rose is one of the things I hated the most about BF2. You don't need it, map awareness to see when to retreat, and Q is more than enough to make up for it.
So you are implying that people on the PC don't like communicating but people on the console do. That's simply not true. Based on your reply it's clear that you were unaware that BC2's voip was originally working at release but was disabled after patching. So the concept of voip in game was in their last fps game until it was removed.

As far as people wanting more than just Q. People want BF2, then go play it, it's half a decade later, move on :laugh: Sick of hearing "this was in BF2, this was, I want this from BF2" It's an old game, it had it's time, I liked 1942 DC mod and BC2 more. And I will judge BF3 on it's own merits, not on unnecessary features it doesn't have that a half a decade old game had that were slowly and clunky even back then. I prefer to do my command on the move.
It has nothing to do with BF2. Did you know that steam offers voip service? It's nothing new but perhaps you were not aware of it. The idea is if we are going to play a team oriented FPS there need to be a way to communicate. There are 2 ways of doing that by voip and command rose. If this was MW3 it's not so much of a big deal but at least the option is there. :p

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
So you are implying that people on the PC don't like communicating but people on the console do. That's simply not true. Based on your reply it's clear that you were unaware that BC2's voip was originally working at release but was disabled after patching. So the concept of voip in game was in their last fps game until it was removed.

It has nothing to do with BF2. Did you know that steam offers voip service? It's nothing new but perhaps you were not aware of it. The idea is if we are going to play a team oriented FPS there need to be a way to communicate. There are 2 ways of doing that by voip and command rose. If this was MW3 it's not so much of a big deal but at least the option is there. :p

I don't think he is saying that at all. He uses TS as do a lot of other players from TPU which makes a lot of the bitching just pointless. Certainly makes communicating a lot easier.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
This isn't Nam Smoky. There are rules.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I just want my bleepin' carpet man...

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
why am i always out of my element......

TheMailMan78

Big Member
This is what happens when you F#K a stanger in the ASS!

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Are you ready...?

Let me tell you...I'll see you tonight...on the battlefield.

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
This is a very complicated case, Maude. You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's.
And, uh, lotta strands to keep in my head, man. Lotta strands in old Duder's head.
Luckily I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to keep my mind limber.

all the quotes made me start watching it again today :)

System Name Sovereign // HTPC
Processor i7 3770k 4.2 // i7 3770k 4.2
Motherboard Maximus V Gene // Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Noctua D14 // Intel HSF
Memory 16GB Samsung // 16GB VengeanceLP
Video Card(s) Deciding // 660 DC2
Storage OS (X25-M), Data (Seagate 1TB) // Samsung 840 120GB & bunch of drives
Display(s) Samsung T240HD // LG TV
Case TJ08e // Grandia GD08
Audio Device(s) DT880 Pro 250 ohm // TV speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Plat 1000 // Seasonic Gold 760
Software Windows 8 Pro x64 // Windows 7 Pro x64
Peeps, its 42 USD at amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005Q47M56/?tag=tec06d-20

Quick question though, if someone would buy this for me would i have issues playing since im not from the US?

Ok i can, just saw at the amazon page, it will link to origin. Can someone get this for me? I will paypal the value xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.