• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Not really gonna comment on the merit especially as we don't know all that goes on behind the scenes.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I want to learn how to fly the chopper like that!! When i flew it, it felt slow and cumbersome. Maybe Freedom can make a training video. I would hazard a guess that they were using flight sticks?

The trick with flying choppers.... throttle control!

Attack choppers in BF2 were leagues more responsive then transport choppers, but the same thing still applies....

100% throttle at take off, gain some altitude and set a nice angle (pitch down) which can get you accelerating without losing too much altitude, then ease off the throttle a little to 80% and keep the remaining 20% in reserve.
By the time you ease off the throttle, you should still be accelerating fast enough towards your destination if done correctly, you might need to pitch the nose down again to bring your speed back up.

set up your HAT switch on your stick for camera viewing angles so you can see if youre being tailed by enemy jets, attack choppers or Missiles - being able to see behind you is crucial to your survival as you can see if its a Missiles or a jet that has locked on to you and dispense chaff at the right moment rather then too early.

Most jet pilots can be real crafty. ping you with a lockon so you go apeshit with evasive manovers, jink the chopper all over the place and waste chaff then switch to ground attack mode and move in for a guns kill so you dont they are there...

Most jet pilots are pussies and will very rarely attack you head on, if they do a head on strafe with a their guns its most likely they are going to try and get behind you to take you out as you cant see them.

-------

If someone does get a lockon on you and you can see the missile behind you there are a few things you can do....

#1 wait until you can see the missile a little closer shouting distance. then throttle right down to zero and literally let your chopper fall out of the sky. the missle might not be able to follow your sudden direction/angle change.

#2 wait until you can see the missile almost about to hit you then throttle up to 100% and drop chaff at the same time. - this is where the 20% torque in reserve comes in handy.

Obviously, timing is very crucial and depending on how responsive these new choppers are in BF3.

the Missiles could also be more agile in BF3 making them harder to dodge so these 2 pointers might not be as effective as they were in BF2

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Not really gonna comment on the merit especially as we don't know all that goes on behind the scenes.

Maybe :(

But I talked to him yesterday on MSN about things. Hope he comes back soon. Hopefully he will not be banned from the TS so when BF3 launches, I can have him give that evil laugh when he slides into people with his knife and banana pants :)

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Did anyone else here preorder a physical copy?

Black Haru

Staff member

Attack choppers in BF2 were leagues more responsive then transport choppers, but the same thing still applies....

100% throttle at take off, gain some altitude and set a nice angle (pitch down) which can get you accelerating without losing too much altitude, then ease off the throttle a little to 80% and keep the remaining 20% in reserve.
By the time you ease off the throttle, you should still be accelerating fast enough towards your destination if done correctly, you might need to pitch the nose down again to bring your speed back up.

set up your HAT switch on your stick for camera viewing angles so you can see if youre being tailed by enemy jets, attack choppers or Missiles - being able to see behind you is crucial to your survival as you can see if its a Missiles or a jet that has locked on to you and dispense chaff at the right moment rather then too early.

Most jet pilots can be real crafty. ping you with a lockon so you go apeshit with evasive manovers, jink the chopper all over the place and waste chaff then switch to ground attack mode and move in for a guns kill so you dont they are there...

Most jet pilots are pussies and will very rarely attack you head on, if they do a head on strafe with a their guns its most likely they are going to try and get behind you to take you out as you cant see them.

-------

If someone does get a lockon on you and you can see the missile behind you there are a few things you can do....

#1 wait until you can see the missile a little closer shouting distance. then throttle right down to zero and literally let your chopper fall out of the sky. the missle might not be able to follow your sudden direction/angle change.

#2 wait until you can see the missile almost about to hit you then throttle up to 100% and drop chaff at the same time. - this is where the 20% torque in reserve comes in handy.

Obviously, timing is very crucial and depending on how responsive these new choppers are in BF3.

the Missiles could also be more agile in BF3 making them harder to dodge so these 2 pointers might not be as effective as they were in BF2

if rockets are like in BC2, they will not simply miss, they will pull a 180 and hit you from the other direction. I once saw a rocket circle a chopper twice before hitting.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
I miss mail man already :( 2 days and no witty comments in sight.

I kept mine brandonwh64 cause of it being it in the forums

Someone already stole my Death_Incarnate.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have to admit that chopper footage gave me a serious erekshun. that guy is an amazing pilot and he uses the terrain really well instead of 'up top' where he could be taken out easily by attack jets and anti-aircraft.

brandonwh64

yea! I watched the video of the jet fights from after the beta and the lock on missles are super bad azz!

Why can't people take normal names, like... Sammy the Nanny, etc... hahahaa! Death Incarnate? WOW Terrorific indeed, way to go! May I call you just Death in TS? :)

brandonwh64

We do call him death or ducky in TS.

Yea Im glad to atleast keep brandonwh64 even though It was supposedly take in BC2 :(

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]

^^, His posts are entertaining.. But he definetly takes things too far and gets away with more then say any other user would.. I know I've been banned for less.. Twice...

--

But back on topic, did we ever discuss getting a server? I know my group I game with is gonna have one we can mess around in, but what about a TPU member funded one.

We should stick to one, that was the problem with our BC2 servers... 5 Different users went and got a server and then came into the clubhouse asking for donations, just make it so donors get admin and someone is the primary POC and money collector.

brandonwh64

Everybody!! In honor of mailman's contribution to TPU! change your AVATAR to THIS for today!

FREE THE MAIL MAN!

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD

-------

Maybe when BF3 comes out you can demonstrate in a video for us. Still recommend the Thrustmaster X HOTAS?

Or can you create one for BF2 chopper flying since BF3 mechanics are similar to BF2?

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Meh, he's just one guy who's funny, he'll be back.

He can never be perma-banned.

Bare in mind i love MailMan, just don't want to make a big deal out of his absence.

brandonwh64

Maybe when BF3 comes out you can demonstrate in a video for us. Still recommend the Thrustmaster X HOTAS?

Or can you create one for BF2 chopper flying since BF3 mechanics are similar to BF2?

Flying since BF2 has been changed only slightly. I loaded BF2 up last night and could still fly like a champ. They changed the turning speeds slightly

Black Haru

Staff member
^^, His posts are entertaining.. But he definetly takes things too far and gets away with more then say any other user would.. I know I've been banned for less.. Twice...

--

But back on topic, did we ever discuss getting a server? I know my group I game with is gonna have one we can mess around in, but what about a TPU member funded one.

We should stick to one, that was the problem with our BC2 servers... 5 Different users went and got a server and then came into the clubhouse asking for donations, just make it so donors get admin and someone is the primary POC and money collector.

yeah, I will try to donate, but money is gonna be tight for a while till I get the bike fixed.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
I'll share my infractions in his honor.. But he should serve out his ban like everyone else.. Cause like I said above, he definitely deserves it despite how entertaining he can be.

5/Inciting Argument (Flaming)/ Easy Rhino
5/Insulted Other Member(s)/erocker
15/Drunk posting/erocker
5/not following rules/Easy Rhino
5/Inciting Argument (Flaming)/Easy Rhino

Points/Reason/Mod

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Why can't people take normal names, like... Sammy the Nanny, etc... hahahaa! Death Incarnate? WOW Terrorific indeed, way to go! May I call you just Death in TS? :)

Sure but my BF3/Origin name will now be Associated_Death.

brandonwh64

I probably will not be able to donate either. I am going through a long renovation to my house and that's were most of my money is going.

Looks like I need to drunk post more often :)

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium

Last edited by a moderator:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Still recommend the Thrustmaster X HOTAS?

Yeps.

I could be getting one myself actually, Ive been hearing that Saiteks X52 Pro's might be having compatibility problems with Vista/W7

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Woo I only have one for insulting and one for drunk posting (same night lulz). And now you have an idea why I don't drink much anymore! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.