• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

qubit's Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 GIVEAWAY competition!

Fun poll! TechPowerUp is:

• Total voters
System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
So I was chilling on TPU drinking some Mountain Dew one day and I see a MW3 contest so I go to the thread and what do I find? The Holy Grail of TPU!!!!

This contest is exactly what I needed to get MW3 for my PC!!! My mind was blown!!!

So I started looking through it and saw that it was pretty legit.

So I enter for the first time.

Then I enter again a few days later.

Then I enter a third time

and a fourth while hoping that I will get this awesome game for my very own!!!

Then I get on today ready to post my final entry into this amazing contest!!!!

Why oh why can't MW3 be out sooner???????????

Feeling stoked to see who wins this qubit!!!

System Name Acer Aspire V3-771G-53218G75Maii
Processor Core i5 3210M (2,5-3,1Ghz)
Memory 8GB DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Geforce GT650M
Storage Samsung 830 256GB - 750GB Toshiba drive
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium (non-acer-bloatware)
CoD 8 or MW3?
I don't care, just give it to me.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Less than 6 hours to go!!

System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
This is my last post before you decide.

Choose wisely.

System Name DESKTOP-DFEPB9I :D
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5GHz all cores full time, 1.225V
Motherboard ROG Strix B550 E - gaming
Cooling Silverstone Permafrost 240mm Radiator
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600MHz (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3080 Trinity
Storage Primary: Samsung Evo 970 500GB,Secondary: Samsung Evo 970 500GB + Samsung Evo 850 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G27Q 27" 1440p 144Hz 1ms IPS, FreeSync Premium + Gsync
Case Antec DP502 FLUX
Audio Device(s) Asus Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM750W (2019)
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Keyboard Corsair K70 V2 Cherry MX Brown
Software Windows10 Pro x64
As u may already know it's not a problem to find games where I live but none of them playable online...!:banghead:
So that would be my main reason and in the meantime I'll throw u a joke:
An old man and an old lady meet in the park.after a while they start meeting everyday and sharing everything...at some point the man asks the woman a favour...yes she says what is it...
the old man:can u just hold "IT"(u know what I mean)
the old lady surprised said Yes
this thing went on for a couple of months when one day....the old woman went to the park but didn't see the old man...!!!
she put her glasses on to spot him with another woman...goes to them and angrily asks the old boy
WTF are u doing?After all we been together..How could u do it?What does she have that I don't...?
The old man:....honey she has Alzheimer....

sorry man,but that joke is really not funny.. :rolleyes:

Here is one from me:
Two women friends - of course blondies meet in the shopping mall and one says to the other:
-Oh you dont know what happened the other day! - there was a power cut and we got stuck in the elevator for 2 hours!!
the other answers: - Oh really?! Thats not good,but it actually happened to me a while ago too,there was a power cut too and I had to stand on the escalator for 4 hours!...

System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X570S Tomahawk Max WiFi
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Memory 32GB GSkill DDR4-3600 (F4-3600C16-8GVKC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900XTX Gaming OC
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Display(s) Benq XL2730Z (1440P 144Hz, TN, Freesync) & 2x ASUS VE248
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Sharkoon Fireglider optical
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
sorry man,but that joke is really not funny.. :rolleyes:

Here is one from me:
Two women friends - of course blondies meet in the shopping mall and one says to the other:
-Oh you dont know what happened the other day! - there was a power cut and we got stuck in the elevator for 2 hours!!
the other answers: - Oh really?! Thats not good,but it actually happened to me a while ago too,there was a power cut too and I had to stand on the escalator for 4 hours!...

A blonde woman is driving down the highway to work, and sees a blonde man trying to row a boat through the grass in the ditch. Furious, she stops and gets out of the car. She shouts at the man: "What the hell are you doing? You're the kind of idiot that gives blondes a bad name! If I could swim, I'd come out there and kick your ass!"

What do you call a smart blonde? Golden Retriever

What do you call a blonde with two brain cells? Pregnant.

System Name Red Giant
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
Must not be late for this very important date 11/8/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Keyboard Yes
Entries closed

That's it everyone, the entries are now closed. Thanks for all your great entries!

Feel free to post as you like, but no more competition entries will be considered.

I'll go back to my quantum well and see if I can decide if there's a winner or not a winner and maybe give out a prize. :confused: j/k :laugh:

Get back to you in a day. Or two.

I liked my attempt better. :D

BD isn't more expensive than its intel counterpart. And, do you own it, or are you just slamming it for the heck of it? I'll stop there and try not to divert attention or thought from the minds of those applying to the mind and heart of the mighty Qubit.

:respect: :respect:

I was not slamming it personally it was more a humourous commentary on the people griping about Bulldozer.

The original joke was

An old couple goes to a restaurant. After their finished eating, the waiter asked how everything was.

The old man says "Terrible, the food was burned, but served cold, the fish was rotten, the vegetables had peppers in them and we had hair in everything!"

The old woman chimes in "Yes, yes, and the portions were too small!"

(In relation to bulldozer the joke was, if the bulldozer was so bad why are the same people bashing it also complaining that newegg etc can't keep them in stock long enough to buy one?)

Irony is, a guy named Irony not getting ironic humour :)

System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
I was not slamming it personally it was more a humourous commentary on the people griping about Bulldozer.

The original joke was

An old couple goes to a restaurant. After their finished eating, the waiter asked how everything was.

The old man says "Terrible, the food was burned, but served cold, the fish was rotten, the vegetables had peppers in them and we had hair in everything!"

The old woman chimes in "Yes, yes, and the portions were too small!"

@Shiyhabyooo

(In relation to bulldozer the joke was, if the bulldozer was so bad why are the same people bashing it also complaining that newegg etc can't keep them in stock long enough to buy one?)

Irony is, a guy named Irony not getting ironic humour :)

You're entertaining.

@Shiyhabyooo: Demerits for stealing my joke. :D That was pretty good though.

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Qubit, thanks for the contest. Hope all the other members have enjoyed this thread/contest as much as I have. :)

:toast:

Cooling EK Supremacy EVO Elite + EK D5 + EK 420 Rad, TT Toughfan 140x3, TT Toughfan 120x2, Arctic slim 120
Storage WDBlack SN850X 4TB, Samsung 950Pro 512GB, Samsung 850EVO 500GB, 6TB WDRed, 36TB NAS, 8TB Lancache
Audio Device(s) Topping D50S + THX AAA 789, TH-X00 w/ V-Moda Boompro; 7Hz Timeless
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Qubit, thanks for the contest. Hope all the other members have enjoyed this thread/contest as much as I have. :)

:toast:

Oh, oh we have.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA*cough* ahem.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Keyboard Yes
We have a winner!

It's Damn_Smooth Well done! You've made a couple of awesomely funny posts and cracked me up laughing. :toast: It took balls to confess these facepalm embarrassments in public. Respect. :rockout:

I've reposted them here:

It was 5th grade English class, the day I decided that I was a lot tougher than I really was. My adverssary's name was Jeremy Kraft. He was the biggest kid in class, and also the most mentally challenged.

He had just stood up and given the most embarassing public display of stupidity that my 10 year old self had yet witnessed. When called upon to read his answers to the class, he was unable to read his own handwriting.

In all of my maturity at the time, I found this to be one of the most hilarious things that I had ever seen.

Naturally, he wasn't too impressed with the amount of laughter I was contributing to the situation, and he decided that he wanted to fight after school.

Now we come to the point that a normal 75 pound 5th grader would back down and apologize to the 180 pound kid that had every right to be upset. But not me, I was special.

Up to this point in my life, I had been a huge fan of the World Wrestling Federation, and there was no amount of reasoning with me that could convince me it was fake. In my world, people beat up people twice thier size on a daily basis. Why should this turn out any different? So I did what any reasonable 10 year old with an irrational belief in fantasy would do. I accepted the challenge.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/challenge-accepted-original.jpg

The rest of the school day passed without issue. I calmly awaited the bell, and when it finally came, I had not broken a sweat. We left the school and met up in the parking lot. Of course, we were smart enough not to fight there because we knew that the teachers would break it up if we chose there to start, so we were off to the fight arena, which was 5 blocks away from the school, and well secluded from any adult intervention.

It was an interesting walk there, with him telling me about the beating he was about to administer, and me laughing at him and making disparaging remarks about his intelligence and his weight. This was definitely not the smartest plan of action on my part, but I was confident in my ability to slay the giant, and nothing but time would make me change my mind. It didn't help matters that our little group of witnesses was laughing and encouraging me the whole time. Reason didn't have a chance to set in.

It was time, the walk was over and it was time to show the ogre who was boss. we squared off and looked each other in the eyes. Rage displayed in his and cocky overconfidence displayed in mine. a few circle turns and I was ready for the kill. He lunged at me, which I easily side stepped, and using the best logic that my W.W.F. inspired fantasy could provide me, I jumped on his back to put him in the sleeper hold. Now if you've ever seen wrestling, this was a surefire way to take him out. In reality, it was a way for him to jump in to the air and land on top of me. That was the moment the fight was really over, all of the wind was knocked out of me, and I was done.

I just wish someone would have told him that. He decided that he should add a little more punishment and started elbowing me in the head repeatedly. After 4 or 5 blows and a bloody nose, he had worked out his rage and let me go. It was finally over, and with it went my blind faith in the legitamacy of professional wrestling.

Since that day I have been trying to reclaim my honor through the destruction of enemies in various videogames. I have not yet had the honor of playing the Modern Warfare games, but I'm sure that killing some Russians will give me a pure shot of testicular fortitude.

Win, lose, or draw, thanks qubit for holding this contest.:toast:

qubit, if I am able to add these games to my collection, it will help me overcome the black hole of suck that is currently known as my FPS gaming capability. I have not joined any of the TPU servers for games for a reason, and that reason is pure incompetence.

The only thing I am relatively competent at is not suiciding, and that is probably due to someone else offing me first. Give me an open map with only me in it and I'm sure I could figure out a way to kill myself.

I am far from proud of admitting my incompetence in an open forum, but hell, I need all of the help I can get.

I joined a BFBC2 server yesterday and there was only one other person in it. He was obviously almost as noobish as me because I only found him because he was running around blowing up barrels. I found him while he was facing the other direction and started shooting him in the back. Cowardly, I know, but I figured that I could increase my kill rate to one. But it was not to be. Somehow he withstood my barrage of bullets to his back and ran around the corner of a building. Being the loyal doofus that I am, I had to follow him to make sure that he was ok, or something like that. As soon as I turned the corner the bastard headshotted me and I was done for.

Quite a bit of profanity flowed from my mouth after I lost the completely easy kill, and I decided to join again for a rematch, but he had taken his victory and left me with a map full of nothing but tears. Vengeance was not meant to be mine.

As you can see, my FPS skills amount to those of a mentally handicapped crackhead with Parkinson's Disease and Tourette's.

If I win these games, I promise to use them to the best of my ability to improve my game, and hopefully be able to join the TPU servers without making a complete mockery of myself and my team.

Again, thank you for holding this contest, and here is a pre-congratulations to whoever wins.

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
Thank you qubit. Thanks to everyone else too, there were a lot of posts in this thread that made me laugh. :toast:

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Way to go DS. :)

System Name Red Giant
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
Congrats Damn Smooth :toast:

Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Congratumalations, DS.

Congratulation Damn Smooth!

Honestly, I can't stop laughing about the first one. It reminds me a lot of The Oatmeal. You were definitely the winner, hands down.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
If I'd saw that before making my own post I'd probably not have bothered DS.

System Name THE CUBE 2.0
Processor Intel i5 13600k
Motherboard MSI MPG Z690 EDGE DDR4
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE BK 2x T30-120 Fan mod mount
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 3200 MT/s C15 32GB 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Ti 11GB OC: Core 2GHz, Mem 5.7GHz
Storage WD SN770 250GB / 3x WD SN850X 2TB / Toshiba X300 4TB / 2x RAID1 Toshiba P300 3TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" Odyssey OLED G95SC 240Hz 5120 x 1440
Case "THE CUBE" Custom built, pure Red Alder wood
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 880
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X
Mouse Logitech G700
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name 192.168.1.1~192.168.1.100
Processor AMD Ryzen5 5600G.
Motherboard Gigabyte B550m DS3H.
Cooling AMD Wraith Stealth.
Memory 16GB Crucial DDR4.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080 OC (Underclocked, underpowered).
Storage Samsung 980 NVME 500GB && Assortment of SSDs.
Display(s) LG 24MK430 primary && Samsung S24D590 secondary
Case Corsair Graphite 780T.
Audio Device(s) On-Board.
Power Supply SeaSonic CORE GM-650.
Mouse Coolermaster MM530.
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS.
VR HMD A pair of OP spectacles.
Software Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Benchmark Scores Me no know English. What bench mean? Bench like one sit on?
Congrats mate :toast:
You'de better be a pro by the time I manage to get my hands on a copy. Can't let you get away with beating me on this one :D

Also. Many thanks to qubit for holding the contest. Pity I didn't win, but I'll be waiting for you next year for mw4 ;)