• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro

x-posting from XS

System Name Raptor
Processor Core i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z690 Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling ArcticFreezer 420
Memory Corsair VENGEANCE® 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz C36
Video Card(s) Palit GameRock 3080Ti OC
Storage M.2 Addlink S70 Lite , Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB, SanDisk Ultra II 480GB, 1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG27AQL1A
Case LANCOOL III
Audio Device(s) Realtek® ALC4080 Codec + Philips SHP9500
Power Supply Seasonic GX-1000
Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard ASUS CERBERUS
Software Windows 10
that's delicious .... btarunr

BF3 discount maybe late for most of you including me

Last edited:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
The beauty of the commrose is that people can just spam Q to spot and ignore the other options if they dont like the idea. Personally I hated not being able to ask for specific things from BC2 players because of the spot spamming cool down timer and in the BF3 beta it was just as bad.

Personally I love the commrose and really missed having one in BC2. Sure some people can play without it and think they are in prefect communication with strangers but its not the same. In BF2142 the commrose was a huge draw for me to play with strangers and the numbers of people who would toss out a "thanks" when you revived them or gave them ammo was awesome.

It really only take a few milliseconds to call out thanks or to ask a group of medics for med pack.

My problems never came from the utility of it, but came from the fact that people think it will help when playing with strangers. I have stood right next to people spamming Q with my soldier verbally screaming at them "GIVE ME SOME AMMO" over and over, and people don't even get that. I have stood in front of Medics with almost no life bar just looking at them, and they don't ever bat an eye at me.

The Commo Rose is an ok idea, but if you are playing with friends, you will just tel lthem over TS, Vent, or Skype. And if you are playing on Strangers, it just feels liek a massive waste of time to open Commo Rose as people need to have a hand attached to their monitor that slaps them when they need to help out a teamate. Commo Rose just isn't flashy enough, if a Soldier is screaming at you and you can hear his voice and oyu do nothing, I just don't see how Commo Rose will fix that. Plus I play Core mode where a minimap has big icons for people that need health and Ammo, if people aren't smart enough to watch that (which it seems most aren't) I wouldn't bother depending on them for anything, you will just get let down.

Gaming with strangers is simply that, gaming with strangers. Usually they have their own objectives and don't care to help you out. I just don't feel Commo Rose was worth the time to make. But if it didn't take them long then I guess thats fine.

So I canceled my origin order as some of u may remember.. and got refunded.. but got the following email anyway

Did the same, no email yet, but the game remains in my Origin and I had got Early Access to the beta from it.

The 1st and 2nd one are I think over a week old, 3rd probably is too, Kevinheirz had posted them I think, just maybe hadn't seen the 3rd one.

I just spent 40 minutes in live chat being assured that I will be eligible for preload, but I still haven't got an email from Origin.:shadedshu

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
By the way, anyone who was wondering about CJS-Keys, I just went and read their site, because I know Shib had posted that he thought the keys might be stolen and had posted a snipet of info from their site.

This product is an actual photograph of the unique unused activation key

but this is the whole line

This product is an actual photograph of the unique unused activation key that is found inside one of the retail packages that we buy directly from authorised distributors.

So it does seem it's legit, and probably the only way to actually get all the pre-order bonuses. I only checked back just incase they actually did cancel my pre-order from Origin, having all of the bonuses would be nice. I also went through their site and read many user reviews, just to see if anyone happened to have their key revoked at a later date, but I can't find a single review saying that happened. But I can't guarantee them to be 100% legit, but it sure seems like they are is all I am saying.

Black Haru

Staff member
I re-ordered elsewhere for cheaper ;)

The point of that post was to say apparently I'm getting a copy from origin for free

just remember that they take your money when you pre-load. I bet they will charge if you try, and then claim that it is your own fault for trying to pre-load through them.

System Name Wopper
Processor Intel i5 3570 @ 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Video Card(s) eVGA GTX 760 3Gb w/acx cooling
Storage 120Gb Evo SSD + 2 GB Games + 1.5 TB Data
Display(s) ViewSonic VX2268WM 22-Inch 120 Hz 3D-Ready
Case Antec P182
Audio Device(s) Realtec onboard
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 550W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Zh1nt0 statements on pre-load/day-1 patch:

Here is a statement from Zh1nt0 on Origin:
For Origin downloads, the day 1 patch and the client are bundled in 1 download.

If you have ordered it via hard copy (a DVD), I’m 99% sure they will get the patch once the installer completes.

zh1nt0 said:
Pre-load means that you can download the client in Origin but you can´t install it until the day it´s open in your region.

If you´re located in North America, it´s the 25th

zh1nt0 said:
Pre-load day starts tomorrow on the 21st. It is worldwide

twitter.com/Optiskilled: "@zh1nt0 Hi mister Matros. Can you confirm Commo-rose at launch on PC?"

twitter.com/zh1nt0: "@Optiskilled Not on launch but in the 1st day patch."

Official Origin function to change your Origin ID: Origin Change ID

New Battlefield Blog Post: Name it and claim it!

quote]Thursday, 20 October 2011 00:00

Name a control point on Gulf of Oman in Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand for a chance to get included in the in-game credits!

Gulf of Oman is one of the most classic Battlefield maps ever, making its return together with three more maps in the upcoming Battlefield 3: Back To Karkand expansion pack – free with all Battlefield 3 pre-orders.

When redesigning the Back to Karkand maps for Battlefield 3, the design philosophy has been to recreate the maps from Battlefield 2 a few years later in time than the original battles. As a player you will recognize most parts of the maps, but all things will not have stayed the same. For example, one of the control points in Gulf of Oman (Rock Fort) used to be a seaside military base. In Battlefield 3, this control point now sees villas in the same location. This means we need a new name for this control point!

What do you think the control point should be called? Please take your inspiration from the screenshot and control point description below and send us your suggestion! Doing this means you have a chance to get your control point name included in the expansion pack – and your own name in the credits!

More info on the control point

This beach was once the scene of intense fighting, as the US marine corps staged an amphibious assault in order to capture the strategically located airfield. Since then, this beautiful locale has started transforming into a desert gem for wealthy tourists, as luxury housing and parks are being constructed. However, war is once again casting its shadow over this landscape and very soon, a violent confrontation between the world’s military super powers is bound to take place.

How to enter

Go to Facebook and submit your answer no later than October 28th. You need to be logged in to Facebook for this link.

Or head to this page for more info. That page will also take you to the submission tool.[/quote]

Planet Battlefield - Exclusive Look at the Battlefield 3 Prima Guide

Thursday, 20 October, 2011 at 16:11 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
Planet Battlefield is happy to bring you the first images of the official Battlefield 3 Prima Guide. The guide includes extremely detailed information on everything in Battlefield 3 from single player walkthroughs to multiplayer map breakdowns and unlock progression tables for every weapon in Battlefield 3.

Below you will find samples of the weapons pages (M16A4, AK-74M, M320, M416) multiplayer pages (Caspian Border), and a single player mission (Operation Swordbreaker). Thanks to Prima Games for providing these images as well as including Planet Battlefield in the guide itself!

Standard Edition Page count: 352
Collector's Edition Page count: 368 (hardcover, comes with DICE profile, developer interviews, excerpt from "The Russian" novel by Andy McNab, and access to Online Class Objective Tracker.)
Both guides printed on high-quality 80 lb. paper
Release date: October 25th, Pre-Order Available Now

<see original article for pictures>

Choose the right tools for the job!
In Battlefield 3, there is no all-purpose class or weapon capable of dealing with every threat you face during online combat. Therefore, you must analyze the threat and choose the appropriate tools for defeating it by selecting your class and customizing your soldier’s loadout. Stating on page 19, all classes and weapons are covered in detail, including unlock criteria for each. Each class also has special equipment capable of giving your team a big advantage. Deployment tactics for each specialized piece of equipment are discussed, helping you get the most out of your gear.

Fight on land, sea, or air!
What sets Battlefield apart from the crowd are the vehicles. Battlefield 3 doesn’t disappoint, providing a wide mix of light vehicles, IFVs, tanks, helicopters and jets. New to Battlefield 3 are vehicle unlocks. Each vehicle type has it’s own unlock progression allowing you to customize your ride with new upgrades, gadgets, and weapons. Flips ahead to page 54 to begin reading-up on every vehicle, complete with unlock progression and vital gameplay tips for each.

Plan your attack!
Knowing the lay of the land gives any soldier an upper hand. In Battlefield 3 there are nine multiplayer maps each supporting six game modes, including Conquest, Conquest 64, Rush, Squad Rush, Squad Deathmatch, and Team Deathmatch. Spanning nearly 200 pages (starting on page 72) the multiplayer maps section is huge, covering every map and game mode in detail. The labeled maps show the locations of every flag, M-COM station, and vehicle spawn point. Breakdowns of every control point, zone, and M-COM station are also provided, discussing attack and defend tactics as well as revealing the respawn times for vehicles at each location.

Find the path to victory!
When you’re not busy roaming the battlefield with your squad, try tackling the challenging co-op missions with a friend or dive into the intense single-player campaign. There are six co-op missions waiting to put your combat and teamwork skills to the test. To survive each mission you must leverage every piece of equipment at your disposal while working together. The Co-Op section (page 266) offers a detailed walkthrough of each mission, helping you defeat the onslaught of hostile forces. A comprehensive walkthrough of the single-player campaign (page 290) is also provided. In addition to covering crucial gameplay tactics, both the co-op and campaign sections offer tips on where, when, and how to earn the achievements and trophies associated with each mode.

The spoils of war!
Regardless of the game mode, there are plenty of rewards awaiting you in Battlefield 3. The Battlefield Compendium (page 338) is your one-stop quick reference source for every unlock, award, achievement, and trophy. The criteria for every multiplayer rank, ribbon, medal, and dog tag is covered as well as all associated unlocks. The multiplayer scoring system is also listed, helping you determine which actions net you the most points.

Gamasutra - Building Battlefield 3's Social Gaming Layer

by Christian Nutt
October 20, 2011

[In this in-depth interview, producer Patrick Loving explains precisely how the team at DICE architected the web-based social layer for Battlefield 3, lessons learned in beta, its future, and much more.]

If there's something you hear a lot about these days, it's the transformation of games into services. Another thing you hear a lot about is community, and social media's relevance to that community. Big franchises like Call of Duty and Halo have their own social communities -- so why not Battlefield 3, EA's big shooter for 2011?

To that end, a team was put together at Stockholm-based DICE to create the Battlelog service for Battlefield 3. Producer Frederick Loving speaks to Gamasutra about the development process for the service -- including how he determined what to include, what services influenced it, what the team achieved with it through the game's recently-ended beta, and future plans.

Why was Battlelog prioritized for this game?

I wanted to take the fun that we have in the game and just spread it out -- so you can pretty much access it from work, from when you're in transit, or pretty much any time you want. Because I wanted that, and I think a lot of other people actually wanted that as well -- to just have fun outside of the actual second to second.

How did you prioritize what you wanted to be available in Battlelog and scope it at the beginning?

I think we started with the whole friends-centric approach. Everything that Battlefield is about is playing with your friends, or against your friends, so that was the key -- to establish the friendships. So that was the core of everything: comparing with your friends.

And then we just started off that, and moved up, so then we added Platoons -- which is groups of friends playing together. So it's still the whole friend-centric [element], and then we added the Com Center, which is where you see where your friends are playing, what server they're on, you can communicate, you can VOIP with each other. So it all boils down to the friends actually.

Do you have a game development background or a web services background?

I actually have a bit of both. I've been working at DICE now for five and a half years, and before that I was actually in a web background.

As social features become more relevant to games, just as the web drew game people in via Facebook, it's going the other way. It seems that web services people are being drawn into games via these kind of integrations. Did you pull in people with web services backgrounds?

We have a fairly big team, and we, of course, recruited people for this. But we have a lot of really, really good people of course at DICE, and a lot of good designers, so we actually didn't have to look that much outside of the company. We had the expertise there already; we just needed to get it on the web, and that's why we looked elsewhere.

Did you look at what had been done before in social networking?

Definitely. I looked at all social networks, from Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, to of course [Halo] Waypoint, [Call of Duty] Elite. We looked at everything. That's inspirational for me -- just finding out what other people do, and just sort of grabbing the good pieces out of it.

But yeah, of course we're inspired by a lot of the social networks that are out there, and they're all pretty common, if you look at them. They have the similar feeds, they have similar likes, they have similar comments -- so there's a lot of common features amongst all social networks.

Why did you think it was important to integrate your own social networking features rather than work via Facebook Connect, or something like that?

I think a lot of gamers want to have their own little world where they just communicate with other gamers. I don't think everyone would like to spam the Facebook feed with what they're doing in-game. But I think it fits perfectly into a branded social network such as Battlelog. So that was the key: people want to keep it within the Battlefield community. The friends you have on Facebook are probably not the same friends that you have on Battlelog.

When it comes to other services like Elite or Waypoint, they have a lot of content. Waypoint goes as far as to have videos and behind-the-scenes stuff. Are you doing the same stuff, or are you concentrating on the core social experience?

For now -- for launch-- we're definitely focusing on the core social experience. But like I always said, this is a long term investment for us. We really want to give the players what they want. We're going to be keeping pumping out features as we go along.

Is this going to be a project that lives across Battlefield as a franchise, DICE as a studio, or EA as a whole? How big is this going to get?

We're starting off with Battlefield 3 and then we'll see where it leads us, but Battlefield 3 is where we're focusing right now.

Are you planning to increase the functionality of Battlelog as the game's life continues? Because this game is going to continue to be played for a long time.

I think that's one of the core strengths of Battlelog is that not only can we keep sort of pace with the game, we can do a lot more, since we're tapping into the data that's coming out of the game, and we can just manipulate and do whatever we want from the website with them.

We can, if we wanted to, do daily updates and improvements. Of course, we won't do daily updates but that's the power of being on the web -- we don't have to patch anything, we just update the web with all the figures that we have. So I think that's a major, major advantage that we have with Battlelog, is that just being able to update on the fly, pretty much.

Are you happy with where you got to on a first iteration?

I'm actually extremely happy. We've been focusing so much on this. We've been putting a lot of heart and soul into this. And we have to remember that the key for us is also that it's very, very robust and stable. I want it to be up at all times, and with the amount of traffic that we're seeing from open beta, and just moving forward, we put a lot of effort into making everything stable.

So yeah, I'm very happy with the features that we have, but of course we're going to keep adding stuff as we go along. I just want to see how people react to it, so that we can give the consumers what they want.

Has it functioned in the beta the way you anticipated, prior to launch?

Yeah. I think we got a lot of feedback in the beta that's been really, really good. Of course we acted on feedback, but the key part that we got feedback on was how to handle the backend service. We've been trying a lot of stuff behind the doors that people haven't been seeing -- so yeah, definitely. We've been getting some really good feedback that we're looking into, and implementing as we go along.

gamrfeed.vgchartz.com - Exclusive Interview: Battlefield 3 Creative Director Lars Gustavsson

by Alex Hanna 10 hours ago

At the EB Games Expo, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Lars Gustavsson; the creative director of Battlefield 3 (the game that also won "Best of Show"). Our discussion was brief, but we covered a good few important notes: including the early development phases, how BF3 is going to go up against the competition and how you can get into the game industry.

gamrFeed: First off; congratulations on winning best of show. You must feel honored.

Lars Gustavsson: It's definitely an honor. I mean this show, coming here, it's an amazing crowd since it's so passionate, it seems like everyone wants us to do well. And that's really wonderful. And getting these awards is more than what we expect coming here.

gamrFeed: I think you'll find that Australia is full of passionate gamers like us. We're so grateful you could all come down here.

Gustavsson: We're grateful that you could have us.

gamrFeed: Now, just looking around the floor, it's obvious that BF has a lot of competition. Rage, Halo, Skyrim and Modern Warfare. It's going to be tough, regardless of how great the game is. What is it that's going to make Battlefield 3 the must-play game of the year?

Gustavsson: I think that we pushed the boundaries in so many areas. To be honest, it's extremely good looking, it's the best in industry sound, we have the destruction, we have the huge landscapes and I think this time, we really let you play it your way with the tight worlds and the open worlds. They're kind of tied together with the BattleLog. It's such a complete package and it's all high level since we pushed the boundaries, everyone can look at this game and see that "this is something more."

gamrFeed: So would you call this the ultimate FPS experience of this generation?

Gustavsson: I would say so. Of course, we will do more in the future. But yeah, I would say so.

gamrFeed: Lots of confidence, we love to hear that. Now, you've made, as you put it, "The most realistic shooter ever", can you tell us a bit about some of the challenges you went through making this experience so real and memorable?

Gustavsson: First off, it's worth saying with "realistic", we always choose fun over realistic. You should never forget that some people will get bored when they're playing, but we've gone in-depth with every piece of hardware. How it works, getting the animations right, getting the movement on the battlefield, connecting the player to the battlefield physically. You know, you do a hand plant when you jump over something, you're not doing some stiff animation. So, these things are there in the battlefield. We brought in Andy McNabb, former SAS soldier who wrote Bravo Two Zero and he could really step in, look at things we've done and kind of pin point how you would do it in the field. So, we've got so many layers of realism. This is how you open a door, this is how you reload your weapon, don't do that in the field if it'll get you killed. With these things, you feel really professional on the battlefield while still having a good experience if you see what I mean.

gamrFeed: I think I see. Clearly a lot of effort went into this. The majority of FPS's these days cater towards the multiplayer experience. They usually don't even touch the single player all that heavily. But there are still many gamers, much like myself, who still play games for the single player experience. What are you guys doing with Battlefield 3 to cater to the single player experience?

Gustavsson: Well, it's interesting, because Battlefield came from a multiplayer only experience with bot wars and have since added single player and co-op. But I think, once again we want to cater to everyone. This time it's a much more mature story that goes kind of in line with the tone of the game overall. It's a really engaging story with pacing that allows you to really feel the heat of battle, but also the anticipation of the battle. It's got both up and down which is quite unique.

gamrFeed: I see, so you've gone for a more immersive experience than other shooters out there?

Gustavsson: It's an extremely immersive experience.

gamrFeed: Turning towards the game industry as a whole; you're a veteran, you've been at this for a long time, you've produced one of the greatest games to ever be released. For someone out there who is trying to get into the gaming industry, design programming etc, what advice can you give to any aspiring university students that want to break into this industry?

Gustavsson: I would say there are a couple of ways. There are education programs you can go into, that's definitly one of them. Second one would be the modding scene. Start building a level, show them that you can handle the 3D room or world. Build up anticipation, build up the immersion or try out with smaller mini games. Just to show that you have the eye for it. And for us, many times it's the sheer passion, the will and showing that you have a spark of talent that will take you a very long way.

gamrFeed: Thank you very much for you time Lars, I won't take up any more of it. Thanks for the talk and enjoy the rest of the show.

Playstation Blog - Beta Feedback: How You Helped Shape Battlefield 3’s Multiplayer

Posted by Tommy Rydling // Jr. Product Manager, DICE

On behalf of the entire team at DICE, I wanted to say thanks to everyone who played and participated in our Battlefield 3 Open Beta. The information that we’ve gathered from your play time is invaluable. It will help to make Battlefield 3 even better!
But it’s not all network load balancing and matchmaking algorithms; When it comes to data, the real star is you! Just look at these killer numbers we pulled down from all of you PS3 players:

Crazy numbers and we couldn’t have done it without you! Just a few more days now before the game launches on the 25th, and as you may know already, PS3 players will get access to the expansion pack Back to Karkand one week early.
But before I leave you, here is a short selection of just some of the hundreds of changes and additions we are making to the game before launch, as a direct result of your feedback in the Open Beta:

Improved Squad Functionality

There will be improved squad functionality in the retail game (including but not limited to): the ability to create squads prior to launching into a game, sticking with your squad when joining a game and continuing together through future games (if team balance on the server allows it), inviting friends to a squad, and changing squads once in game.

More Accessible Settings Menu

The ability to modify your settings via the deploy screen has been added into the retail game.

Improved Kill Cam

In the Open Beta, the Kill Cam would sometimes behave erratically. This has been fixed for the launch of the retail game.

Netcode Optimization

The netcode is one of the many things that we tested as part of the Open Beta and it was not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates, and has heard, the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
One question

If I pre-order BF3 on origin will it unlock on the 25th or the 28th since I'm in the UK.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I like how they add that name change feature to origin now after so many people complained and they told us we couldnt change it...

what a bunch of idiots

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I like how they add that name change feature to origin now after so many people complained and they told us we couldnt change it...

what a bunch of idiots

I think they were forced to after they slipped up with the Smart Phone thing. People were changing their names left and right.

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
One question

If I pre-order BF3 on origin will it unlock on the 25th or the 28th since I'm in the UK.

According to Shit-no, you won't be able to install until the 28th. It must be controlled by Origin, no matter where you bought it. The guys on Battlefieldo keep saying there is a way to get it to work on the 25th by being on a north American VPN. No idea how that works. There will probably be a how-to posted by the 25th...

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Did you post all or most of this already?

AFAIK, the only thing that is a repost is the thing about the day-1 patch. Somone else posted that earlier today.
Of course everyone knew about the pre-load on the 21st, but did we know that was world-wide?
Did we know it wouldn't even install until the release date?

System Name New Build - Oct. 2021
Processor Intel i7 10700k
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming H570-PRO
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3060ti 8gb
Storage 1Tb Samsung 970 EVO NvMe m.2
Display(s) 27" LG Ultragear 144hz
Case Fractal Design- Meshify 2
Audio Device(s) Onborad dts
Power Supply Corsair RX 650 W
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Software Windows 10 Home x64
Okay. I am about to pre-order the game from Origin, but before I do so I have a couple questions that maybe you guys can answer...

1. If I read it correctly, you can download the games content on the 21st (US), then install it within the first couple hours on the 25th?

2. Does anyone have any previous experience with down loading games from Origin? I am assuming EA is allowing this 4 day pre-load because they are expecting to have server lock-ups or crashes from the thousands of people pre-loading all at once.

3. If I wanted to buy the 'physical' game would I still be eligible for pre-load on the 21st (US)? seems like a silly question I know.

MT Alex: I just spent 40 minutes in live chat being assured that I will be eligible for preload, but I still haven't got an email from Origin

Eligible for preload? no email received? whats this all about MT:confused: kinda worries me because I have never used this Steam like Origin thing.

Last edited:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Not sure if digital copies will come with this, but someone just unboxed their copy of BF3 and found this.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
I decided on physical from Gamestop. Can walk there and get it 10PM Monday night. Live Chat, this time, assured me they were in fact shipping out before the 25th but this is still a preferred option. Less factors to go wrong and def will have earlier.

Not sure if digital copies will come with this, but someone just unboxed their copy of BF3 and found this.

Sweet.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
It works the same as Steam, Snapshot. Downloading and installing at least. I doubt you can preload if you purchase a physical game.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Yes no download with the physical thus no preload.

Cooling Corsair H100i
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
I decided on physical from Gamestop. Can walk there and get it 10PM Monday night. Live Chat, this time, assured me they were in fact shipping out before the 25th but this is still a preferred option. Less factors to go wrong and def will have earlier.

I thought about waiting in a long ass line at GameStop and buying the physical game for that same reason of nothing going wrong. Because with a digital pre-load, many things can go wrong. When I tried installing MW2 on released date Steam's servers kept locking up and my download timed out like 10 times. Uhhg, it was so frustrating.

So does Gamestop have pre-orders available or is it first come first serve?

System Name Wopper
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8 GB
Case Antec P182
Software Windows 8.1 Pro
Okay. I am about to pre-order the game from Origin, but before I do so I have a couple questions that maybe you guys can answer...

1. If I read it correctly, you can download the games content on the 21st (US), then install it within the first couple hours on the 25th?

2. Does anyone have any previous experience with down loading games from Origin? I am assuming EA is allowing this 4 day pre-load because they are expecting to have server lock-ups or crashes from the thousands of people pre-loading all at once.

3. If I wanted to buy the 'physical' game would I still be eligible for pre-load on the 21st (US)? seems like a silly question I know.

Eligible for preload? no email received? whats this all about MT:confused: kinda worries me because I have never used this Steam like Origin thing.

1) Yes
2) Most of us have experience doing this from the beta. Many were surprised at the download speeds being so robust. In this case, it does spread the stress over several days, so most people should have a pleasant, smooth experience.
3) no. You need the cd-key to put in to Origin to do the pre-load, and you won't have it yet (it's in the box).

I don't know why MT Alex is so stressed about the pre-load, it's not like he will be able to play it as soon as the download is complete. Plenty of time to work out any issues between the 21st and the 25th.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
I thought about waiting in a long ass line at GameStop and buying the physical game for that same reason of nothing going wrong. Because with a digital pre-load, many things can go wrong. When I tried installing MW2 on released date Steam's servers kept locking up and my download timed out like 10 times. Uhhg, it was so frustrating.

So does Gamestop have pre-orders available or is it first come first serve?

It would make no difference.. Physical copies still install thru origin, and still require connecting to the server for the day 1 patch and presumably the game .exe

Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
If you have purchased a physical copy there are ways to download the ISO and simply enter the key when you get the disk. Really though the game will probably be next to unplayable in the first 24h due to lag and the servers getting hammered.

Day 1 will be a shitshow.

Cooling Corsair H100i
Mouse Roccat Kiro
Keyboard Razer Tarantula
Ol'righty, pre-order it is! :D

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Processor 2700x under H100i progeebee
Motherboard ASUS x470 prime
Cooling Fans
Memory gskill ripjaw 3200
Video Card(s) MSi Vega 64 ref
Storage 120Gb OCZ Vertex 2E SSD - 500Gb Games - 1.5tb Storage and Media
Case CM HAF 932
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Software Win 10
Single Player!

As for Gamestop...in my 'hood there probably won't be a line. :)

Single player and co-op!

anyone know how many players cab be in co-op at the same time? I think 4 would be sick and it's a great way to practice spacial awareness/team awareness.... which many people lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.