• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Look:

devtags.jpg

Also got my first "Ace" pin in the same round. ;) was a good round, for sure.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I am so bummed.... I cannot log into battlelog. I get a message - YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ALLOWED TO LOGIN.

I have fucking tried everything, re-installing game, cleaning internet cache, disabling all firewalls etc. Apparantly there are a lot of people having this issue.

I have been trying all night to get onto live chat with ea and am finally nearly there.

Already missed the official launch by 30mins. :banghead:

Did you add your CDkey to your origin account? You must do that and use your origin login to get into battlelog

System Name hijo de la chingada!
Processor fx-8150
Motherboard asus crosshair V
Cooling xigmatek small fri
Memory g skill sniper 1866
Video Card(s) visiontek 5850 long tooth
Storage a couple slow fat ones
Display(s) 2 one for tools one for "work"
Case shinobi fap black
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply one that works, CrazyEyes ;)
Software lots that i can color hello kitty with
Benchmark Scores before fx-8150 P13784 3DMarks

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 345
Processor Intel Core i9 10980XE @ 4.7Ghz 1.2v
Motherboard ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
Cooling EK-Velocity D-RGB, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC WC
Storage M.2 990 Pro 1TB / 10TB WD RED Helium / 3x 860 2TB Evos
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 28"
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D SE Modded
Power Supply Cooler Master V Series 1300W
Software Windows 11
i've had it happen a few times, but not every time. how far away are the servers you try?

I fixed the problem it was punk buster 1 file was missing which i had to download manually.

System Name Titan
Processor AMD FX-8350 4.6ghz
Motherboard AsRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory G.Skill RipjawsX 8gb
Video Card(s) XFX Double D 7970 3gb
Storage Western Digital Green 2TB 64mb Cache/ Western Digital 500gb
Display(s) iMac Display 2560 x 1440
Case NZXT Switch 810 White
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 7 64-bit
It's always fun spawning with my back facing the enemy or joining a server were no one can spawn until they suicide.

Fun fun fun

cadaveca

My name is Dave
this is the one i got. Hope i did this right im not much of a poster forum guy

Yep, that works. If you do an "advanced reply", you'll see a "yellow stamp"; click it, and you'll be able to post the image in a larger form like I did. To get the link that goes between the tags, right click the link under "attachments", and "copy shortcut", then paste the shortcut between the tags.

[pic]shortcut[/pic]

"pic" gets replaced with "img" for it to work right.

:rockout:

System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
Need some advice on this everybody, whenever I try to use Ultra settings they are messed up and do not display correctly, I am sure it is not my graphics cards going as they are only a month old and Ultra settings were working before one of the patches they released, Should I try a reinstall of the game? Also I cannot edit my graphics settings without the game locking up :/

Any help/tips for this would be great :/

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Need some advice on this everybody, whenever I try to use Ultra settings they are messed up and do not display correctly, I am sure it is not my graphics cards going as they are only a month old and Ultra settings were working before one of the patches they released, Should I try a reinstall of the game? Also I cannot edit my graphics settings without the game locking up :/

Any help/tips for this would be great :/

First: Did you flash your cards with the 6970 unlock? If so, that may be the problem, if not then...

...I would clean and reinstall my video drivers/CAP. Failing that I would undo any overclock on my system. I would also check my sound drivers and DX for updates. If none of those work, reinstalling the game would be top priority, but I would also opt for a wipe/reinstallation of Windows.

Also, try removing one of your cards to see if they both work individually.

System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
First: Did you flash your cards with the 6970 unlock? If so, that may be the problem, if not then...

...I would clean and reinstall my video drivers/CAP. Failing that I would undo any overclock on my system. I would also check my sound drivers and DX for updates. If none of those work, reinstalling the game would be top priority, but I would also opt for a wipe/reinstallation of Windows.

Also, try removing one of your cards to see if they both work individually.

No overclocks or flashing on my cards or cpu, can I have specific instructions for a completely clean video drivers/CAP install because I have uninstalled them all and used driver sweeper to remove anything for AMD from my system and still have that issue afterwards. Also I have no DirectX updates available, I will check for sound driver updates but would they be likely to fix this? Reinstalling Windows would have to be my last resort because it would be a significant hassle :/

Edit: Will check this again when back from school X_X so agravating lol.

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
Well after getting some time to play im rather impressed, only problem I have is the first game i try to join loads to a black screen.
Kudos to DICE and EA for having working servers for the most part on day 1.

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
I'm sympathetic to anyone having technical issues but a lot less so if your attitude about it rude and reactionary (these people have likely done little to no troubleshooting in general) and say the game sucks or is broken. Anyone who thinks it's inherently bad or that DICE has ripped them off (and there are plenty on other forums incl. Battlelog) is an impatient tool with their heads up their asses, a chip on their shoulder or simply an agenda. Perhaps some are a combo of all three.

And this is coming from a guy who has to use Autokey for his accustomed binds and can't chat in-game now nor spot easily until they patch it.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Well, persojnally, I;ve done al lteh troubleshooting possible, including re-downlaoding the app 5 times now since launch.

That's near 55GB of downlaods, because Origin is BROKEN.

I've literally wasted 8 hours troubleshooting my issues, to find that Origin sucks, and if you try the "repair installation" option, it will download and "update".

The update breaks the game, and makes it so it won't even start and is not recognized as a valid Win32 application. When this happens, you need to re-download.

Which I have done now, like I said, 5 times.

When it works, it works great, but actaully getting it working has to be one of the most problematic things possible.

However, I am more than aware that the problem is mostly driver, and not the game. Still very frustrating though.

Of course, I didn't have any problems at all until I called EA, and the agent hung up on me..since then, nothing but problems.

System Name Desktop
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory 4x8Gb Corsair 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Intel ARC A750 super special limited edition
Storage many
Display(s) Custom 124" 4K HDR Home Theater
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA 700B1
Software Win 11 x64
the thing with upgrades is. you only really have to do it once every 3-4years depending how good your system is.

Judging by your 'highend' rig in your spec - It doesnt suprise me a single bit that you chose to go console.

Had you had a better more upto date system with beefier graphics you would have been able to enjoy the beta more even though it was locked to high settings only.

That 360 alone is probably more powerful then your PC but lets not go there.

---

Upgrades dont have to cost the earth. Many people are fairly happy to shell out £300-500 on medium range components every few years to keep their systems in the game before a major overhaul if they think their systems are getting bogged down.

Im not bashing you. Im just saying PC games can be worth that little bit of extra effort that you put into them.

Depending which way the wind blows after DICE has gone against the tradition of building games from the console up. If devs start building games from the PC up. things can only get better and better and PC gaming.

Hell....Even the CoD franchise might come back to its roots and release a non-console port.
even though they already pissed off and alienated even most of the hardcore fans from that golden era. They can release one but people are still butthurt and extremely bitter towards IW/Activision for taking the CoD franchise which started off so strongly and whoring it out for the console fan boi's, so they probably wont get a lot of sales on the pc platform due to heavily enforced boycotting from the PC crowd.

I'll be f**ked if I ever pick up another CoD game.

-----

64 players on a multiplayer server can be a lot of fun my friend. - that is all

FYI i had a 955X4 @3.8Ghz 8gigs of 1866 DDR3, and a highly overclocked 6850 ;) I've just grown tired of constantly upgrading my PC... not that it wasn't fast I was just never happy with it and just don't have time for the hassle anymore... it was fun a few years ago!

System Name Sovereign // HTPC
Processor i7 3770k 4.2 // i7 3770k 4.2
Motherboard Maximus V Gene // Sabertooth Z77
Cooling Noctua D14 // Intel HSF
Memory 16GB Samsung // 16GB VengeanceLP
Video Card(s) Deciding // 660 DC2
Storage OS (X25-M), Data (Seagate 1TB) // Samsung 840 120GB & bunch of drives
Display(s) Samsung T240HD // LG TV
Case TJ08e // Grandia GD08
Audio Device(s) DT880 Pro 250 ohm // TV speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Plat 1000 // Seasonic Gold 760
Software Windows 8 Pro x64 // Windows 7 Pro x64
Is this better than BC2?

Wrigleyvillain

PTFO or GTFO
System Name DarkStar
Processor i5 3570K 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z77 Extreme 3
Cooling Apogee HD White/XSPC Razer blocks
Memory 8GB Samsung Green 1600
Video Card(s) 2 x GTX 670 4GB
Storage 2 x 120GB Samsung 830
Display(s) 27" QNIX
Case Enthoo Pro
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum 760
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard Ducky Pro MX Black
Software Windows 8.1 x64
Leaps and bounds better. As it should be based on it's name.

Well Dave you seem to be the exception to the rule and I'm certainly thankful I'm not having serious issues too. Surprised you haven't been able to work it out as much as Origin may suck and need work. :/

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Yeah, i do not think it's the game code causing my problems...it's Origin applying a patch that is invalid. I did confirm just now that if you stop the patch from being applied, that scan of the game's files works without issue.

I submitted an official bug report to EA/DICE..we'll see if they sort it out.

The crashes/freezes I have been getting are 100% driver-related(Crossfire). I merely tried the game file scan to ensure that nothing was corrupted from the improper shutdowns. The two issues together can be quite frustrating. Seems my using a conotrller has it's downsides too.

Fortunately, I have other important stuff to do to occupy my time, so I don't really mind playing with installs and redownloads too much...at least if the problem happens to someone else, I'll know how to deal with it. ;)

System Name Main Gaming
Processor i2600k @4.3
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 8gb G.Skill 1866
Video Card(s) Saphire 6970
Storage 128gb Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint
Display(s) HP 27" ZR2740w IPS WQHD
Case CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply SeaSonic 750w X-series Gold
Software Win 8 64bit
How come you don't get to see the tags you took at the end of the match anymore? I know it did that during the alpha. I liked they way it listed out all the ones you took in BC2, and also displayed the ranks (bronze, silver, or gold) when you took them. Also kept track of how many you took from each person.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
There are "special tags" like the Dev tags Reayth and I have posted. Not the same system as BF BC2.

There are tags for owning other EA titles, even.

I'd like those tags too...As far as I know, the only way to actualyl get someone's tags is to knife them from behind. I didn't get that dev tag until i got dude from behind..musta knifed him three or four times before that, as we all spent a fair bit of time on that server(by we, i mean the usual guys in TS that play together).

System Name WhiteWalker2020 / LAN Box
Processor Intel i7 6900K 4.4GHz / 2500K i5@4.5GHz
Motherboard MSI X99A Krait / Gigabyte Z68-UD3P
Cooling Full custom liquid / XIGMATEK HDT-Aegir
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000MHz/ 4x4GB G. Skill DDR1866 Sniper
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX1080Ti SC ACX 2.0, EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 2.0
Storage 950 Pro 512GB M.2, 960GB SanDisk Ultra II, Intel 730 480GB and 240GB, 850 EVO 250GB, 17TB Mechanical
Display(s) 39" AMH 399A (no glass) UHD , Wasabi Mango 42" UHD IPS, Samsung 55" 4K
Case Thermaltake Core x9 / HAF 932 Red
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD-Audio On-Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850W / Corsair 650TX
Mouse 2x Logitech 610
Keyboard Razer DeathStalker / Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 64bit Professional
This is by far the best game I have ever played. Holy crap it's fun and looks stunning.
Had to turn off hyperthreading to get it to run right though.

System Name Crukins
Processor Intel i7 8700k @ 5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i
Memory 16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS RX480 Strix 8GB @1345MHz
Storage Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB + 5.25TB HDDs
Display(s) Samsung SE790C 34" Ultra-wide/Curved 3440x1440p 60hz
Case Corsair 750D Obsidian
Audio Device(s) Onboard - Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System/Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair HX850i Modular
Mouse Corsair - Dark Core SE + MM1000 Mousepad
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX - Blue Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
For CrossFire users. Disable ULPS.

Run->type: regedit ->ctrl+F ->type: ULPS. There will be two entries in folders 001 and 002 named "EnableULPS" set them both to 0. Restart.

Unbelievably helpful. You sir, deserve an alcoholic beverage of your choosing :toast:

OT: A hell of a lot of fun this game is. Very intense in certain situations, feels realistic enough to be great but not enough to make one rage and looks great while doing it. Do wish people knew how to revive though :shadedshu

System Name Main Gaming
Processor i2600k @4.3
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory 8gb G.Skill 1866
Video Card(s) Saphire 6970
Storage 128gb Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint
Display(s) HP 27" ZR2740w IPS WQHD
Case CM 690 II Advanced
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply SeaSonic 750w X-series Gold
Software Win 8 64bit
There are "special tags" like the Dev tags Reayth and I have posted. Not the same system as BF BC2.

There are tags for owning other EA titles, even.

I'd like those tags too...As far as I know, the only way to actualyl get someone's tags is to knife them from behind. I didn't get that dev tag until i got dude from behind..musta knifed him three or four times before that, as we all spent a fair bit of time on that server(by we, i mean the usual guys in TS that play together).

Yeah, i know about knifing from behind, done that quite a few times already, but I haven't found how to look at all the tags i've taken from certain people. I liked seeing how many times i'd stabbed my friend. We always try to join together, but usually end up on opposite teams for the first couple of games. Tags was a nice way to spice up the competition.

Oh, anybody else notice how there is still a "Lock on" with the knife? A guy was running by me, and i just hit the knife on accident, and bam, i flew forward and stabby stabby.

EastCoasthandle

System Name MY PC
Processor E8400 @ 3.80Ghz > Q9650 3.60Ghz
Motherboard Maximus Formula
Cooling D5, 7/16" ID Tubing, Maze4 with Fuzion CPU WB
Memory XMS 8500C5D @ 1066MHz
Video Card(s) HD 2900 XT 858/900 to 4870 to 5870 (Keep Vreg area clean)
Storage 2
Display(s) 24"
Case P180
Audio Device(s) X-fi Plantinum
Power Supply Silencer 750
Software XP Pro SP3 to Windows 7
Benchmark Scores This varies from one driver to another.
i want to play the map where you jump in paras from a huge heigh. no way, they play it in 'small' version'0....

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
ok i have a server up, it's us/chicago. i know we are not all in that area but it was the centermost location available in the us, and i wasn't going to pay for an overseas server (sorry ;) )

TechPowerUp! ~ US/Chicago ~ Conquest64

I will make another few posts later on, to make sure everyone catches it. it will also be in my sig. i am asking as many people as are willing to load into this server sometime tonight. i want to get it a presence in the browser so non-TPUers will see it too. also, if brandon would add it to the OP (i'll pm him too).

and again, i plan to change the name when i get the ok. i am going through settings now. any suggestions for maps to be removed etc? anyone want to admin or get a reserved slot can pm me, i would ask for at least $5 for that though.

If it came with a Free hosting and domain, put ads on it to generate income and post clan shit and crap from the games on there.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Digi, Use google ads and generate revenue for the servers payment! Have someone here that is good at web design make a cool page (with wizz's permission). You will get atleast 25% from ads

Status
Not open for further replies.