• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Secure Apple Macs Fall Prey To Linux DDoS Trojan

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
For years Apple Mac users have felt smug that their computers didn't need any security software installed, unlike their poor Windows counterparts which were always coming down with a cold. This they believed is because their beloved operating system is inherently more secure than leaky old Windows (which it used to be). This smug feeling has been especially strong over the last decade, since the release of Mac OS X in 2001, as it's based on Unix which has always had security baked into it. They therefore felt safe from the multitude of viruses, keyloggers, trojans and various other nasties that the bad guys like to infect operating systems with. However, there have been successful attacks in the past on every Apple Mac operating system since the first one in 1984, just nowhere near the number of attacks as on Windows. Of course, what Windows users, Linux users and other OS users have also been saying for years is that Apple's operating systems simply weren't popular enough to bother with and aren't particularly secure. After all, the hackers do this for fun and financial profit, so why aim for a little teeny tiny target, when you can aim for a big, fat one like Windows?

Well, Apple's OS certainly has increased in popularity somewhat since the debacle that was Windows Vista and hence is now a larger attack target than before, attracting more attention from criminal hackers. This appears to be dispelling the myth that Mac OS X is "secure", what with the latest malware attack. This new kid on the block is a trojan called "Tsunami", which has now been discovered on infected Mac OS X systems. What makes this particular malware different is that it appears to be a port of all things, of a Linux DDoS trojan called Troj/Kaiten. This little beauty herds infected Apple computers into a botnet which DDoS's whatever victim website the criminal hackers choose to instruct it to, using an IRC channel. Lovely.

Graham Cluley of Sophos, has taken this trojan apart and shown how it can be instructed to attack any website. He has reproduced the code snippet below:

He then says:
The big question, of course, is how would this code find itself on your Mac in the first place? It could be that a malicious hacker plants it there, to access your computer remotely and launch DDoS attacks, or it may even be that you have volunteered your Mac to participate in an organised attack on a website.

But remember this - not only is participating in a DDoS attack illegal, it also means that you have effectively put control of your Mac into someone else's hands. If that doesn't instantly raise the hairs on the back of your neck, it certainly should.

So, it sounds like this nasty requires a little bit of social engineering to get on the machine, like many do for Windows. However, that hardly sounds like a challenge does it, given the general lack of basic technical skills and security knowledge of ordinary computer users? The Apple ones perhaps even more so, as the platform is designed for "ease of use" and aimed specifically at people who are not tech savvy at all and want a computer "that just works". They'll have no idea why their beautiful Mac inexplicably runs slugglishly and unstably, with their ISP possibly disconnecting them for the garbage pumped out by their infected Mac.

Some people reading this will make the rallying cry "Of course Sophos will say it's vulnerable, they have a product to sell!" and they have a point. However, this doesn't take away the fact that threats to the Mac platform are real, out there and growing. Even if a Mac user doesn't want to run security software they should still practice safe computing habits, which is just another way of saying to use their common sense.

A short and interesting history of Apple malware can be found at this Sophos article.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited:
System Name Moose 5800X3D
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4Ghz 4.5Ghz Boost 96MB L3 Cache
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Custom Liquid Cooling covering CPU and GPU including liquid backplate for graphics memory cooling
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 DRAM 3600MHz CL18
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3090 XLR8 Gaming 24GB
Storage WD Black SN770 2 TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 + 2x WD Caviar Black 750GB
Display(s) AOC 34" CU34G2/BK Ultra Wide @ 3440x1440
Case Thermaltake Level 20 HT
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair TX850M 850W Semi Modular
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Rii K61c
Software Windows 11 Pro
"It just works" is the biggest fail of a slogan that a company has had the stupidity to make. "You can't configure me" would be more better.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
The information is from Sophos, who relies on fear in order to sell their products. I've yet to see any Mac malware that in the the real word is a threat. You aren't going to trick me into typing in my system password to install your malware. Try again.

In a final note, as an experienced Mac user, I find this "article" insulting. There are quite a few of us longtime Mac users that have more technical experience than 99% of the Windows PC users out there.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
It's always just been a case of market share anyway, if macs had windows market share they'd have plenty of viruses.

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
The information is from Sophos, who relies on fear in order to sell their products. I've yet to see any Mac malware that in the the real word is a threat. You aren't going to trick me into typing in my system password to install your malware. Try again.

In a final note, as an experienced Mac user, I find this "article" insulting. There are quite a few of us longtime Mac users that have more technical experience than 99% of the Windows PC users out there.

Well... many, if not most, of us at TPU that use windows do not fall into that 99%, sorry.

Though qubit could have worded it differently... say for example instead of... "For years Apple Mac users have felt smug that their computers..." He could put "For years many Apple Mac users have felt smug that their computers..."

moose has a fair point.

and pantherx12 as well, If Mac or Linux computers were as widespread as Windows PCs, then there'd probably be just as many hackers, etc, using those systems or attacking those systems.

The more you have, the more likely someone will want some of it (or mess with it in some way)

Regardless, thanks for the info qubit, Mac users should appreciate the heads up. Many Mac users may be used to software simply being safe to use on their OS, so seeing this may at least teach them to have some caution with 3rd party apps and such.

Processor AMD 2700 @ 4.0GHz all-core
Motherboard Asrock X470 Taichi
Cooling EK Fluid Gaming A240R + Extra 240 Rad
Memory 2x8GB GSkill DDR4-3533 CL16
Video Card(s) Radeon Vega 64 @ 1672MHz
Storage HP EX920 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) MSI Optix G24C 1080p 144Hz 24", Dell P2214H 22" 1080p LCD
Case Fractal Design Focus G Red
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 750S 80+ Bronze
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I think you typified the smugness perfectly. :laugh:

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
The first rule about Apple having viruses, you don't talk about Apple having viruses.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.

System Name Blackbird
Processor AMD Threadripper 3960X 24-core
Motherboard Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master
Cooling Full custom-loop water cooling, mostly Aqua Computer and EKWB stuff!
Memory 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident-Z RGB @3733-CL14
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
Storage Samsung 950PRO 512GB, Crusial P5 2TB, Samsung 850PRO 1TB
Display(s) LG 38GN950-B 38" IPS TFT, Dell U3011 30" IPS TFT
Case CaseLabs TH10A
Audio Device(s) Edifier S1000DB
Power Supply ASUS ROG Thor 1200W (SeaSonic)
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex M800
Software MS Windows 10 Pro for Workstation
Benchmark Scores A lot.

if you think of yourself as one of the 'more (technically) skilled' mac users, than perhaps its just lame to compare yourself to the average user of the opposing team. just take the challenge and compete to the 'more (technically) skilled' windows users and see if thats gonna work out... :rolleyes:
otherwise its just a stupid meaningless phrase.

good fight, good night!

System Name Multipurpose desktop
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1605T @ 3.75Ghz , NB @ 2.5
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 (rev 1.0)
Cooling Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. C, 2x120mm CM Blademaster
Memory Corsair Vengeance LP (4x4GB) @1666Mhz 9-9-9-20-24 1T
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix R7-370 4GB OC
Storage 2x WD Caviar Black 500GB Sata III in RAID 0
Display(s) Acer S211HL 21.5" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master Centurion 534+, 3x 120mm CM Sickle Flow
Power Supply Seasonic X650 Gold
Software Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1

Yes, there ARE some Mac users who can make nearly every member of this forum look like technical idiots...but they're extremely rare.
And there ARE Mac users who are much more technically literate and knowledgeable than the average 'just works' Mac user... but they're very uncommon and much smaller in number than PC 'enthusiasts'.
And there ARE Windows PC users who are just as much technical morons as the average Mac users that are made fun of on forums like this... and they're just as common as the uninformed Mac users. Some of them even sign up for membership here and ask silly questions. Just as their Mac counterparts do on Mac forums.

But I'll say this, as the owner of an old Gen 3, Revision 1 Macbook that has gone back to PC and Windows 7:
OS X has its ease of use, dumbed down, pluses, but even with the extra features not normally loaded in a normal OS X install, it lacks the granularity of even Windows, not to mention Linux.
If you're using OS X simply for ease of use and actually doing something productive with it, like coding, or content creation, good for you. But for anything else, really, It's better to use Windows or Linux on a desktop or workstation. Even if you run into the occasional snafu, it's a learning experience and will teach you something about your system and about the Windows OS, even old hoary DOS, that will stand you in good stead in the future. It's the 'what doesn't kill me, makes me stronger' learning mode. This is why Mac users are denigrated.

Really, Macs being targeted for trojans and botnet roundups, it's kinda lame isn't it though?
The cluelessness of the Mac user to actually click on something that installs the thing is what makes it worthwhile to even attempt.
With Windows XP users, it's just a case of an insecure OS and hundreds of millions of OS installs, the probability of corralling a sufficient number of systems for a large botnet is much higher and much easier to do.
That says quite a bit about the perceived and demonstrated knowledge of Mac users, no?

System Name Jaguar X
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WiFi
Cooling Corsair H150 RGB
Memory 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC
Storage 1TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
Display(s) LG C1
Case Cougar Panzer EVO RGB
Power Supply XPG Core Reactor 850W
Mouse Cougar Minos XT
Keyboard Cougar Ultimus RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro

I can notice the sarcastic tone on qubit's writing but he has a very plausible point.

I can say that I know both Windows and Mac users and even the less tech savvy ask me to install an antivirus on their Windows PCs. On the other hand, most Mac users always reply they don't need antivirus software.

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh Wow! I can see where this thread is heading!

Back on topic:

Apples, Macs, OSX boxes, or whatever you call 'em, can and do get viruses, not that many out there, but Apple is always plugging vulnerabilities in that O/S, too.

This is just my opinion and, yes, I have used Macs before... And, I, personally, was not impressed.
Apple has the "Deny everything, also, don't mention it and it never happened" attitude.
And, the fan(atic) base follows and drinks the Kool-aid. They will not accept anything, other than, they are the elite, with a Teflon operating system.

It is funny though, even your precious Apple recommends you may want to run an anti-virus program:eek:, see Mac OS X 10.7 Help > Protect your computer from harmful applications

Quote from the page:
Here are some tips to protect your computer from harmful applications.

Never download unlicensed or “pirated” software from the Internet.
Accept only applications you receive from a known and trusted source.
Run an antivirus program if you find any suspicious files or applications, or if you notice any suspicious behavior on your computer.
To reduce the amount of exposure to harmful applications or files, limit the number of administrator accounts you create. Consider creating a user account for your daily work and use the administrator account only when you need to install software or administer accounts.
If you enabled the root user and you don’t currently need it, disable it.

No O/S is 100% virus/trojan/worm/idiot proof, eventually, someone, somewhere, will try to ruin your happiness and try to make of dollar of the situation.

Oh, by the way, I see what you did here Q.:rolleyes:

System Name Main Rig
Processor Athlon 5350
Motherboard AsRock mITX
Memory 4gb
Storage 120gb Kingston HyperX SSD
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster 740N
Power Supply Corsair 430 watt
First Mac wasn't released until May of 1984.

mediasorcerer

System Name THE MEDIAMACHINE
Processor i5-3570k
Motherboard Asus gene v z-77 matx.
Cooling Antec h20 620
Memory 2x4gb g.skill ripjaws z 2400
Video Card(s) h.i.s radeon 7950 reference 3 gb- hooray!!!
Storage samsung 128gb~830 ssd. samsung 500gb hdrive.
Display(s) 22 inch tele.
Case circa 1996 grey rat box with no sides front.until my own is finished
Audio Device(s) inbuilt creative.supreme effects 3
Power Supply thermaltake tt-500w
Software win 7 x64-
Benchmark Scores Coming soon
macs have there uses,i once needed a new boat anchor for my....just kidding,so long as we have "choices" i dont see the problem,ive had a few macs before and mostly they are good machines,if not overpriced and non configurable like windows,but taking sides? your really buying into the left/right paradigm when thinking in that kinda framework,and thats exactly how the market caters too your idealised perceptions,by coercing or encouraging the consumer to "take sides",
personally,i buy out of that,and just go with-whatever makes me happy,regardless of "brand".

as for security flaws,macs have always had them,all computers do,even fones,i may get another mac laptop in the future,for my foto/video editing on the fly etc,i get the best of both then,whats wrong with that?
thanx for article too.

System Name Old Gateway / Steam Deck OLED LE
Processor i5 4440 3.1ghz / Jupiter 4c 8t
Motherboard Gateway / Valve
Cooling Eh it doesn't thermal throttle
Memory 2x 8GB JEDEC 1600mhz DDR3 / 16gb DDR5 6400
Video Card(s) RX 560D 4GB / Navi II 8CU
Storage 240gb 2.5 SSD / 1TB nvme
Display(s) Dell @ 1280*1024 75hz / 800p OLED
Case Gateway / Valve LE
Audio Device(s) Gateway Diamond Audio EMC2.0-USB 5375U ($15 a long ass time ago), Valve
Power Supply 380w oem / 65w valve USB-C
Mouse Purple Walmart special, 1600dpi. Black desk mat
Keyboard SteelSeries Apex 100 / virtual
VR HMD Lmao
Software Windows 10 / Steam OS
Benchmark Scores It can run Crysis (Original), Doom 2016, and Halo MCC. SD LE 45fps
hmm... i have that 1984 mac os emulated on my deskop... its fun to play with from time to time

System Name beast
Processor 3930K
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P SE2011
Memory 16GB Kingston Value DDR3 1333Mhz CL9
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus Elite RTX3060 12GB
Storage 1x 120GB Intel 520 and some spinny bois
Display(s) 3x DELL S2721DGF
Case Antec P182
Power Supply Corsair 750w
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

bill_d

Processor 3930k
Motherboard Asus Rampage lV Extreme
Cooling water
Memory 16gb
Video Card(s) xfx 6970 cf water
Display(s) hp lp3065
Software windows 7 64
next up apple patents the firewall

Processor Core i5 3570K
Motherboard AsRock z77 Pro4
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory 2x4GB GSkill Sniper
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970 Gaming
Storage 240GB OCZ ARC 100, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" 1920x1080
Case Antec P100
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec Edge 750W
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64
Apple Macs? As opposed to PC Macs? Maybe Big Macs? :roll:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Never Liked Macs- too confusing to use, even more confusing to fix

Last Apple Product I enjoyed was the IIE.

System Name Cosmos F1000
Processor i9-9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370XP SLI, BIOS 15a
Cooling Corsair H100i, Panaflo's on case
Memory XPG GAMMIX D30 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 ti
Storage 1TB 960 Pro, 2TB Samsung 850 Pro, 4TB WD Hard Drive
Display(s) ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q 27"
Case CM Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) logitech 5.1 system (midrange quality)
Power Supply CORSAIR HXi HX1000i 1000watt
Mouse G400s Logitech
Keyboard K65 RGB Corsair Tenkeyless Cherry Red MX
Software Win10 Pro, Win7 x64 Professional

Well to be honest, qubit is right. I have used macs since 1998 and the "Apple community" has changed quite a bit over the years. It went from arrogance to out right ignorance. There are exceptions to all harsh generalizations so timta2 might be an exception despite the wild claim to be possessing "more technical experience than 99% of the Windows PC users". Just how would you quantify your technical experience to be that level? :confused:

Last edited:

bothaus

In all fairness, Sophos Mac AV is completely free for home use. So the motivation is quite nil except for mindshare. Virus' can hit Mac's, they can hit anything that reads out code. But every Month I service 400+ Mac's, maybe more, for the last 10 years and I have never, ever seen a virus on a Mac unless I put it there. People always say they have one but in the end it is something completely different. But no-one should start a fight with their guard down. Mac users are like Apollo Creed in Rocky IV. Drago is around the corner.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Blasphemers! The Almighty Mac is infallible! The Holy Apple are invincible to such underhanded methods! Such baseless accusations of weakness from heathens does not serve them well, only causing them to solidify the fact that they are infidels! Those liars must burn! Death to the non-believers! Glory to Apple! Hail Steve Jobs! Hail, Apple Triumphant! Hail, Apple Magnificent!

Swansen

It's always just been a case of market share anyway, if macs had windows market share they'd have plenty of viruses.

yeah basically right, i think its more entertaining that everyone overlooks something this common.

also, the mac OS is based more-so on BSD. of which, i remember a hack fest no so long ago, to which apples os came in last, over windows and linux.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
First Mac wasn't released until May of 1984.

Yes, quite. I meant to say "Apple". Thanks for the correction. :toast: Now fixed.