• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Pirate Becomes Youngest EU Parliamentarian, Vows to Fight Archaic Laws and Mindsets

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
i can only judge you by your attitude and thats childish. You have not said 1 useful thing in the 2 posts you have made

Ok fine, I can agree with that.

Why can you not take her seriously?

Fx

Processor Ryzen 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Noctua
Memory G.SKILL Flare X Series 16GB DDR4 3466
Video Card(s) EVGA 980ti FTW
Storage (OS)Samsung 950 Pro (512GB), (Data) WD Reds
Display(s) 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GAME ONE
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2
Mouse Mionix Castor
Keyboard Deck Hassium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Oh so i should just follow the rest of the flock. I do not think i am looking at anything wrong, ppl are picking apart my posts and using selective parts to thier advantage. I have 3 x stated that i wish her the best IF these issues are resolved (or even exsist, Marineborn had a valid point) therefore, NO it has not prompted me to think im looking at this wrong, I think that I more insight to this kind of stuff than most ppl on the site do ( i have done outreach to homeless and troubled youth in the past) im 35 not 21 or 22 so i do have SOME life experience to draw from

I never said to take their opinion. it was meant to make you re-evaluate your own.

going by your logic... all of us shouldnt take you serious now that we know your past.

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
It doesn't matter if she knifed herself in the past. As if your politicians are saints that never did coke or went to strip clubs, and as if that's any less "contemptuous", if you find old knifing scars contemptuous.

Andersdotter's answer to haters would be "I'm in the EU Parliament, biatch!"

Right man. I'd rather take someone that knifed herself than somebody who forced a woman's head on his .l. like Mr H.C. Now if it were me personally, I'd rather take the second option but that's for another debate. :laugh:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
The potential for abuse of power through digital networks — upon which we as citizens now depend for nearly everything, including our politics — is one of the most insidious threats to democracy in the Internet age. We live in a time of tremendous political polarization. Public trust in both government and corporations is low, and deservedly so. This is no time for politicians and industry lobbyists in Washington to be devising new Internet censorship mechanisms, adding new opportunities for abuse of corporate and government power over online speech. While American intellectual property deserves protection, that protection must be won and defended in a manner that does not stifle innovation, erode due process under the law, and weaken the protection of political and civil rights on the Internet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/opinion/firewall-law-could-infringe-on-free-speech.html

exactly, it does not favor corporate interests at all. it only empowers politicians who then by proxy control corporations. sure, a few corporations may benefit through corruption, but that does not mean corporations as a whole benefit from the legislation. it is important people get their argument correct instead of resorting to the same old "corporations are evil" mantra. especially after those same people vote for the biggest corporatists that exist!

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
exactly, it does not favor corporate interests at all. it only empowers politicians who then by proxy control corporations. sure, a few corporations may benefit through corruption, but that does not mean corporations as a whole benefit from the legislation. it is important people get their argument correct instead of resorting to the same old "corporations are evil" mantra. especially after those same people vote for the biggest corporatists that exist!

I believe that corporations control politicians, they are simply puppets held aloft before the masses. It favours those companies that are pressuring to have it passed.

System Name Pegasus
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 4GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
Cooling Custom 480mm EK Loop
Memory 4 x 8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000MHz @ 3000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2 x 25" Dell Ultrasharp U2515H / 1 x 15" ASUS MB169+
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) 2 x Tannoy Reveal 502 / Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm / Behringer Xenyx X1204 USB / MXL 770
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova G3 1000W
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS / Corsair K95 RGB / Anne Pro 2 / 2 x Elgato Stream Deck
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit
I don't see how something happening in the US should be somewhere near the top of her list. Ok, it's not to be ignored because others will follow, but they're probably dealing with stuff here seeing that there's a lot of European based hosting (especially in the Nordic Countries) where anything can be hoisted due to the lack of mentioning in their legislation, probably to "protect" them.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
I believe that corporations control politicians, they are simply puppets held aloft before the masses. It favours those companies that are pressuring to have it passed.

corporations cannot pass legislation, only politicians can.

sure, it benefits a handful of companies but not "corporations" as a whole. if anything, most of those companies who believe an internet firewall would benefit them will actually hurt them in the long run. like all legislation, granting more government involvement in our lives, this would concentrate power at the top. we need to stop voting for people who want to concentrate power.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
Why can you not take her seriously?

that was my 1st post that i stated that, i did elaborate that if she is past that then by all means success to her.

going by your logic... all of us shouldnt take you serious now that we know your past.

@FX your logic is flawed. I have received treatment for my addictions, been clean for over 8 years. I can think clearly now and this is my opinon on 1 particular subject. i have stated over 9000 times that if she has received treatment for the issues that caused her to blade (hypothetically speaking) then she is a stronger person and better for it and she should have success as a member of parliament. Its just that at age 24, the mental issues are somewhat fresh still. It takes most ppl a long time to deal with depression and the various side effects that it can cause.

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
corporations cannot pass legislation, only politicians can.
Politicians cannot fund election campaigns, only banks and corporations can.

sure, it benefits a handful of companies but not "corporations" as a whole. if anything, most of those companies who believe an internet firewall would benefit them will actually hurt them in the long run. like all legislation, granting more government involvement in our lives, this would concentrate power at the top. we need to stop voting for people who want to concentrate power.

People are not pushing for this legislation, it is the work of corporations. The protection of intellectual property is being employed as grounds for the implementation of systems that will strengthen monopoly positions. In the same fashion as the impending Soviet invasion of yesteryear, piracy simply serves as the bogeyman of the digital era that affords those in control (not us, not the politcians) with the necessary pretext with which to inflict all manner of woe upon us.

Last edited:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
Politicians cannot fund election campaigns, only banks and corporations can.

individuals who work for corporations donate to election campaigns. what do you think a corporation is? it is after all a group of individuals organized toward a common goal. your argument is symptomatic of people trying to solve the effect and not the cause. campaign dollars do not vote, citizens do. it is the fault of the citizenry who simply want to watch american idol and eat a big mac. these same people are surprised when the guy they voted for does not solve a single problem they campaigned against. yet they will continue to vote based on how many times they see a campaign ad and how the person looks and speaks.

People are not pushing for this legislation, it is the work of corporations. The protection of intellectual property is being employed as grounds for the implementation of systems that will strengthen monopoly positions. In the same fashion as the impending Soviet invasion of yesteryear, piracy simply serves as the bogeyman of the digital era that affords those in control (not us, not the politcians) with the necessary pretext with which to inflict all manner of woe upon us.

i agree. piracy is a boogeyman used by corporations and politicians. but only politicians have the authority to write a bill and turn it into a law. so to demonize corporations is fine so long as you boycott their service. but then to turn around and vote for the same politicians who worked to get the bill passed AND THEN blame corporations is just silly. time to address the cause and not the effect.

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
individuals who work for corporations donate to election campaigns. what do you think a corporation is? it is after all a group of individuals organized toward a common goal. your argument is symptomatic of people trying to solve the effect and not the cause. campaign dollars do not vote, citizens do. it is the fault of the citizenry who simply want to watch american idol and eat a big mac. these same people are surprised when the guy they voted for does not solve a single problem they campaigned against. yet they will continue to vote based on how many times they see a campaign ad and how the person looks and speaks.

i agree. piracy is a boogeyman used by corporations and politicians. but only politicians have the authority to write a bill and turn it into a law. so to demonize corporations is fine so long as you boycott their service. but then to turn around and vote for the same politicians who worked to get the bill passed AND THEN blame corporations is just silly. time to address the cause and not the effect.

It isn't a question odf demonising corpoarations, it is simply a matter of recognising the complete control they wield, if that amounts to demonisation, so be it.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
How many people clicked on her photo to see what she looks like? Come on... be honest :D

If you DID click the photo, then click here

System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
I cannot see it any different as that democracy still has hope in the old continent. Very promising news. :toast:

Processor i9 9900k @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Asrock Z370 Taichi
Cooling Xspc raystorm direct die, 2x 480 swiftech rads + 2x 120 block ice rads D5, Monsoon Dualbay Res
Memory 32gb G.Skill DDR4 3200mhz CL14
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Ti Waterforce WB shunt mod
Storage Samsung Evo 860 500gb, Samsung Evo 860 1Tb x2, WD White 12tb x2
Display(s) Acer xb270hu 144hz 2560x1440
Case Enthoo Primo
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Multibit/Magni3 - M1060 (fuzzor+LQi cable+Eikon suede)/ATH-W1000X (Purrin's mod+suede)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 1300w
Mouse Razer Orochi
Keyboard Tesoro
Software TeamOS W10 Pro/W7 Pro
Some of the comments in this thread made me sad to be a part of tpu.

That aside, I hope she does well and achieves change in what I agree are very archaic copyright laws.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
I will freely admit my 1st post could have been worded better and I now realize thats what set everyone off. That being said a few friends of mine did some research and she highly spoken of in the political arena in Europe. Lets hope that she can accomplish what she is setting out to do.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
That being said a few friends of mine did some research and she highly spoken of in the political arena in Europe. Lets hope that she can accomplish what she is setting out to do.

That's great, but you just had to go through the interview she gave to TorrentFreak (source link). The biggest myth about The Pirate Party is that they're into politics just "for teh lulz", they're not. They're seeking serious legislative powers to implement their agenda.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Free rum for all! Yar harrr! She doesn't look "Pirate" enough for me though... How can anyone take the Pirate party seriously when they don't even wear hats?! At least she wears her scars proudly on her arm. They are most likely just "kill marks" from putting down Spaniard gold barrons.

Hopefully, she understands basic economic principals.. Which is something every other politician seems to lack.

Last edited:
System Name Pegasus
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) 2 x Tannoy Reveal 502 / Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 Ohm / Behringer Xenyx X1204 USB / MXL 770
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS / Corsair K95 RGB / Anne Pro 2 / 2 x Elgato Stream Deck
Free rum for all! Yar harrr! She doesn't look "Pirate" enough for me though... How can anyone take the Pirate party seriously when they don't even wear hats?!

Hopefully, she understands basic economic principals.. Which is something every other politician seems to lack.

Pirate Economic Principles

Lesson 1:

Loot & Pillage.

Congratulations you are now a Pirate, here is your complimentary eyepatch!

What do you mean she doesnt look like a pirate? Look at those bad ass scars! You cant get more pirate than that

System Name Pegasus
Case Corsair 900D
What do you mean she doesnt look like a pirate? Look at those bad ass scars! You cant get more pirate than that

Yes, you buy a talking parrot.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
from some reading a friend did and a comment:

This is one comment I read

She has totally owned every opponent in every political discussion I have ever seen. To the point where the opponent start stuttering because they realize they are utterly defeated and just start trying to save their face. She is razor SHARP and have a gigantic intellect. I would not want to face her in a debate believe you me!

Im sure she will do everything in her power to incorporate change ;)

System Name Desktop|| Virtual Host 0
Processor Intel Core i5 2500-K @ 4.3ghz || 2x Xeon L5630 (total 8 cores, 16 threads)
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V || Dell PowerEdge R710 (Intel 5520 chipset)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100 || Stock hotplug fans and passive heatsinks
Memory 4x4gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 || 12x4gb Hynix DDR3 1066 FB-DIMMs
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 760 Gaming Twin Frozr 4GB OC || Don't know, don't care
Storage Hitachi 7K3000 2TB || 6x300gb 15k rpm SAS internal hotswap, 12x3tb Seagate NAS drives in enclosure
Display(s) ViewSonic VA2349S || remote iDRAC KVM console
Case Antec P280 || Dell PowerEdge R710
Audio Device(s) HRT MusicStreamer II+ and Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 || Don't know, don't care
Power Supply SeaSonic X650 Gold || 2x870w hot-swappable
Mouse Logitech G500 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Keyboard Logitech G510 || remote iDRAC KVM console
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 || VMware vSphere 6.0 with vCenter Server 6.0
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 on the scouter
from some reading a friend did and a comment:

This is one comment I read

She has totally owned every opponent in every political discussion I have ever seen. To the point where the opponent start stuttering because they realize they are utterly defeated and just start trying to save their face. She is razor SHARP and have a gigantic intellect. I would not want to face her in a debate believe you me!

Im sure she will do everything in her power to incorporate change ;)
:roll: after all the discussion about the scars and then reading that :laugh:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Audio Device(s) On Board
Mouse MX Master 3s
Software The Matrix
It isn't a question odf demonising corpoarations, it is simply a matter of recognising the complete control they wield, if that amounts to demonisation, so be it.

i dont believe corporations have very much power at all since the size and intrusiveness of government completely overshadows them. decrease the size of government and you decrease corporatism and corruption. focus your efforts there.

naram-sin

System Name Valkyrie II
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Motherboard Asus M5A97 PRO
Cooling Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
Memory 2 * 4GB CMX8GX3M2A2000C9
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX460 768 MB
Storage 1*WD1500HLFS + 1*WD10EARS + 2*WD20EARS RAID1
Display(s) Xerox 24"
Case Cooler Master HAF932
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC885 8ch
Power Supply Chieftex 650W modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Free rum for all! Yar harrr! She doesn't look "Pirate" enough for me though... How can anyone take the Pirate party seriously when they don't even wear hats?! At least she wears her scars proudly on her arm. They are most likely just "kill marks" from putting down Spaniard gold barrons.

A wench is a wench, be she on land or sea... errr, Sweden or Baltic...

I wouldn't go that far to include "skilled in economics" at today's politician's feature/bug list. With system being intentionally and inherently flawed from the start, it is somewhat illogical to expect from children of it's creators to be able to fix it. /end political rant

Abandon ship, ye scurvy dogs... And good tidings to you, Amelia lass...

EDIT:
i dont believe corporations have very much power at all since the size and intrusiveness of government completely overshadows them. decrease the size of government and you decrease corporatism and corruption. focus your efforts there.

Au contraire, my dear Rhino, lobbies and their sleazeballs that are omnipresent in D.C. and all around the globe, don't support (your) free marketism and invisible hand theory at all.

Last edited: