• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

SuperTuck

that's what I tried. I'm going to try it again though later this afternoon. I think it may have been another problem - my 580's develop a "ghost in the machine" a graphical rendering problem that arises out of nowhere sometimes that causes artifacts and crashes. I see it only in game, and I hadn't been able to launch a game until I reverted back to my old drivers which revealed the problem. The fix is to unplug all power from teh system for 20 seconds or so to let whatever the problem is clear. That might have been it. I will repost later when I am back at my home PC to say if it worked or not.

oxy93n

System Name My PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 4x4GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS GTX 470
Storage Corsair Force GT SSD 120GB
Display(s) 3x ASUS VG236HE 120Hz 1080p
Case NZXT Phantom White + Phantom 410
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty
Power Supply Silverstone SST-ST1200G Strider Gold Series 1200 Watt
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
that's what I tried. I'm going to try it again though later this afternoon. I think it may have been another problem - my 580's develop a "ghost in the machine" a graphical rendering problem that arises out of nowhere sometimes that causes artifacts and crashes. I see it only in game, and I hadn't been able to launch a game until I reverted back to my old drivers which revealed the problem. The fix is to unplug all power from teh system for 20 seconds or so to let whatever the problem is clear. That might have been it. I will repost later when I am back at my home PC to say if it worked or not.

what system u have and what powersupply u use?

SuperTuck

That was the problem, sorry to clutter the thread. I don't recall what brand the powersupply is but I think it is 1000w or 1050w.

chuckykilo

hey i installed the hyper sli patch, booted in hypersli but i dont have any sli option in my nvda controll panel running asus maximus formula with two 7950 gx 2
how do i get sli in the nvda controll panell ?

chuckykilo

any hel here would be nice i can boot from hypersli np cant activate virtualization tho, no sli option in nvda controll panell using nvda 285.62 drivers my two 7950gx2 have a bridge on them yech gpu says sli disabled ?
how do i get SLI on ?

thanks ahead
running asus maximus formula board

technogiant

If you can't activate virtualization then you can't use the Hypersli patch, you will have to use the older SLI 1.5 beta patch...

What processor do you have Intel or Amd....why can't you activate virtualization?
I know that that hypersli wasn't working on AMD but Anatolymic was working on a fix...not sure if that is done yet.

oxy93n

System Name My PC
Cooling Watercooled
I know that that hypersli wasn't working on AMD but Anatolymic was working on a fix...not sure if that is done yet.

i have AMD Board with AMD CPU and it works great u can see my pc at specs left

timohour

I confirm that the 3way SLI with GTX 570 is finally working and solved.
It wasn't a Hypersli or driver related issue, but just a stupid monitor connection.
If the monitor is connected to the main pci-e card (closest to the cpu) the driver hangs.
Moved the cable DVI to the lowest card (the latest installed..) it simply activate.

A big thank you to Anatolymik that helps me with several efforts.

Woo Hoo 3way SLI rocks!

Anatolymik asked confition from Federicoz and he confirmed working sli on amd platform with hypersli 0.7.

@Chuckykilo

If you can't enable vt you have to use modded drivers since hypersli works on legacy mode. (Slipatch works instead).

Work on Crosshair IV??

Anyone know will this work on a Crosshair IV? Read some people said because 890 chipset is similar to 990FX chipset its possible...

Thanks.

timohour

@davidm71

Code:
i have AMD Board with AMD CPU and it works great u can see my pc at specs left

Oxy93n has a crosshair IV and it works great

PLS! Read at least the posts of the last page!

oxy93n

System Name My PC
Cooling Watercooled
Anyone know will this work on a Crosshair IV? Read some people said because 890 chipset is similar to 990FX chipset its possible...

Thanks.

i wrote it some sites before. The 990Fx is only a rebrandet 890Fx

the only thing is that asus and 2 or 3 other vendors have now licenced SLI for this 990Fx chip and not for the 890Fx.

and thats why i think that HYPERSLI 0.7 works so great for me. when SLI work on licenced 990Fx it must work on 890Fx also.^^

kramspark

Thanks.

yup i have the 1100t and crosshair 4 also and i have hypersli working on 2 460's

i forgot to tell oxy i got everything back up and running i installed beta drivers 285.79 and hypersli put all my ocing back on @ 3.9 ran the mem up to 1533 all is perfect and very stable

i can run bf3 now with no crashes

chuckykilo

Thanks guys but still no Sli :cry:
I installed Sli patch 1.5 b then installed 285.38 nvda drivers then ran the install.cmd command from the moddified drivers rebooted
booted in sli mode still no sli in nvda controll pannel
running x38 asus maximus board windows 7 32bit 2 nvda 7950 gx2 with bridge
really apreciated any help ??

oxy93n

System Name My PC
Cooling Watercooled
Thanks guys but still no Sli :cry:
I installed Sli patch 1.5 b then installed 285.38 nvda drivers then ran the install.cmd command from the moddified drivers rebooted
booted in sli mode still no sli in nvda controll pannel
running x38 asus maximus board windows 7 32bit 2 nvda 7950 gx2 with bridge
really apreciated any help ??

maybe the 2 x2 crads can the problem. 1 gx2 have to run in sli and 2 is quadsli now. maybe it wont work with slipatch.

chuckykilo

I still dont have the SLI option in controll pannel but i can enable multiple gpu and see that NVIDIA SLI is enabled in GPU-Z
But it only enables x2 SLI which means that it runs two cards in synce per slot not Quad SLI but i have two cards in each slot so i want to run quad SLI 4GPU running together instead of 2 and 2 seprate
I alos dont have Phys or Cuda in the nvda pannel

does anyone know if i installed the stringinstall zip or the LHALmod zip would that help and give me the SLI certificate that i am missing ???

Not going to happen!

yup i have the 1100t and crosshair 4 also and i have hypersli working on 2 460's

My Crosshair IV Formula will not post with two 285GTXs. As soon as the second GTX285 has its 6pin power removed or the card removed the system posts. The board has leds to tell where its stalling during the posting and the VGA led was the last one to light up. Kind of shame. The board is racist towards nvidia multigpu setups. I was so much looking forward to getting sli going on an AMD board but not going to happen!

Thanks.

Definetely not like nVidia cards..

My Crosshair IV Formula will not post with two 285GTXs. As soon as the second GTX285 has its 6pin power removed or the card removed the system posts. The board has leds to tell where its stalling during the posting and the VGA led was the last one to light up. Kind of shame. The board is racist towards nvidia multigpu setups. I was so much looking forward to getting sli going on an AMD board but not going to happen!

Thanks.

Sorry I'm bumping my own thread but I just wanted to report that I tried another nvidia based card in that slot and it wouldn't post. So then I tried an ATI based card and it posted!

So I guess I won't be able to try this mod out after all :(

cpo32

System Name digitec
Processor i7 2600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE
Cooling cool it eco a.l.c. (cpu mini water cooler)
Memory 4x2 gb
Video Card(s) Zotac gtx560 ti amp & zotac gtx560 ti O.C
Storage WD
Display(s) Samsung
Case yes
Audio Device(s) yes
Power Supply Corsair AX 850
Software win7 64
hi guys

(sorry if thats maybe the wrong thread, but i think lots of you have much expirience with hyper sli or slipatch..)

1. what is that for a stripe on left? :confused:
2. how can get rid of it?

and whats the differenze between HyperSli and Slipatch?

thx :toast:

Attachments

• shot_003smal.jpg
    shot_003smal.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 395

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
hi guys

(sorry if thats maybe the wrong thread, but i think lots of you have much expirience with hyper sli or slipatch..)

1. what is that for a stripe on left? :confused:
2. how can get rid of it?

and whats the differenze between HyperSli and Slipatch?

thx :toast:

Go to Nvidia control panel, the bar on top has 3d settings tag, open it and uncheck show SLI indicator. The bar shows the amount of the data share between cards, useful to understand if cpu limit or gpu limit.
Sli patch was used with older drivers together with mod patch. Now Hypersli works with virtualization technology, if available on the mainboard, and don't need mod patch to the official drivers.

cpo32

System Name digitec
Processor i7 2600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE
Cooling cool it eco a.l.c. (cpu mini water cooler)
Memory 4x2 gb
Video Card(s) Zotac gtx560 ti amp & zotac gtx560 ti O.C
Storage WD
Display(s) Samsung
Case yes
Audio Device(s) yes
Power Supply Corsair AX 850
Software win7 64
aaaah all clear fatt THX

lol that is e NV option haha. ok now with hyperSLI there are also these strobo flashes in BF3 & 3DMark 3 away....

so all works nice!

oxy93n

System Name My PC
Cooling Watercooled

Thanks.

there are 2 users including me who have no problems with the croshair IV. and since the 990fx is only an rebranded (and sli licenced) 890fx, sli have to work perfect on this board.

so what slots you use? what powersuply you have? and have you install an sli bridge cable?

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate

Thanks.

Oxy93n is right, you're doing something wrong and we need more info on your setup if you
need help.
I have the CH 4 too with 3 gtx 570 and works really good.
Post info.

cmd512

System Name Old Reliable
Processor E8400 @ 4.25GHz (8.5 x 500)
Motherboard Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
Cooling Kingwin XT-1264 with dual 120mm fans
Memory G.SKILL HK 4GB DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Video Card(s) 460 GTX SLI @ 865/1730/2000 (1.050V)
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB x 2 (Raid 0)
Power Supply Thermaltake TPX-775M Toughpower XT 775W
Software Windows 7 64 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Vantage: 12500 -> 27000 after HyperSLI!
Just signed up to say a big thank you to anatolymik... HyperSLI working perfectly on my Asus P5Q Pro Turbo. In 3DMark Vantage default mode (Performance), score went from 12500 to 27000!

Talk about breathing life into an aging system, thanks again! :)

Last edited:

Rhole

Hey, thanks for all the effort with HyperSli! :)

Im having one or two issues, but I believe it might be simple to solve when I can norrow it down...

----

I have an Asus p5k (vanilla) with Vdroop mod and a core 2 quad q6600 @ 3.4GHz. It's a P35 chipset with 2 PCIe slots @ 16x and 4x.

I have 2 GTX 280's both at stock voltages and clocks.

I have a Hiper Type R Mk II 880W Power Supply.

I do not yet have an SLi bridge at the moment. But I have ordered one on ebay, and it should arrive either later today or tomorrow.

----

Some games work, and some do not. I realise performance will be slightly lower due to not having the bridge yet, but I thought I would get my system setup and ready for the bridge when it arrives.

Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 both work fine. MSI Afterburner shows GPU Usage on both cards, so SLi is definately active.

When I try to load Battlefield 3 or the Unigine Heaven benchmark, it will either crash on load with a black screen, or show desktop flickering on the bottom half of both of my monitors, and then crash. It never loads either, the crash happens just as you would expect it to show anything on screen.

Since I can see SLi working in COD, should I assume it's a bug, driver, card, or other issue?

I've tried both the latest 290.36 and the 285 drivers. Same issue on both. I am using HyperSLi 0.7.

Any help would be apprechiated! :cool:

oxy93n

System Name My PC
Cooling Watercooled
Rhole;2479026 I [U said:
do not[/U] yet have an SLi bridge at the moment. But I have ordered one on ebay, and it should arrive either later today or tomorrow.

i wonder how u can activate SLI without sli bridge. i thinked with latest driver sli only works with bridge. only older drivers accept without.

did i missed something or im totally wrong ^^