• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Why after 2 years did someone feel the need to move the UK clubhouse to GN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
And neither is 97 posts with none of them answering the OP.

well, we were promised a lynching - but we still have no one to lynch.

Neither have we been kept upto date on the current goings on of the investigation other then the fact thats underway.

Isnt there any server logs that record all the forum edits? It should be easy to find out who made the unessary changes.

I was out when this happened and i can't be arsed reading all this handbag conversation. Anyone want to fill me in (not in the sexual manor)?

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
title says it all? really after 2 years???? now its not updated on the main page and users have to go to GN to post in it, thanks a F**King bunch!!!!!!!!!!! :nutkick:

I'm sorry, 3 years not 2, 3 years and someone felt the need to just move it now?

Well I am not sure , But just a thought . As the USA Club House was and is in GN maybe that is were it should be ? After all it is GN right ? What is the real question here ? The fact that it was moved or the fact that it is not updated every hour to remain on top of every thing else ? :twitch: You could just bookmark the page and have it on your tool bar and click it any time you like , You do know this right ? This way you win !

Well I am not sure , But just a thought . As the USA Club House was and is in GN maybe that is were it should be ? After all it is GN right ? What is the real question here ? The fact that it was moved or the fact that it is not updated every hour to remain on top of every thing else ? :twitch: You could just bookmark the page and have it on your tool bar and click it any time you like , You do know this right ? This way you win !

OH MAN LOOK... "Why after 2 years did someone feel the need to move the UK clubhouse to GN?" the rest of this thread is just nonsense, OH LOOK I MADE AN UNFUNNY PUN.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
OH MAN LOOK... "Why after 2 years did someone feel the need to move the UK clubhouse to GN?" the rest of this thread is just nonsense, OH LOOK I MADE AN UNFUNNY PUN.

Ok , I concede I do not know the answer to that . But it is GN at any point we make just like this thread is now . Maybe it just took the mod's longer to figure out that it was in the wrong place or the mod's were being kinder to the UK people and letting them have the space were it was for so long . I just do not know . As I see this issue is closed . Suck it up the thread is not closed and is were it should be and should have been from the start . Nuf said . Merry Christmas to all !

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
Anyone want to fill me in (not in the sexual manor)?

:eek:!

Oh...... Well this is embarrassing, guess I pulled down my trousers for nothing : [

Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
I can't officially close this thread, but I'm going to ask that no one post in this thread again, until there is a official explanation, which shouldn't take long. Warnings and infractions to come for any who do not follow this request.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
well it could be a big conspiracy to get more posts and views going on, the all seeing eye might be throwin a curve ball every now and then to get us all furiously typeing and active

we now cant reply erocker but some reasons have been given for regional clubs inclusion as like F@home they foster teamship and tpu loyalty

id still say same and that their should be more club rooms in a seperate subthing as regional help is sometimes preferable say in india etc it would make tpu more accessable to other languages but defo personal attacks arent on

Last edited:
Processor 5800x(2)/5700g/5600x/5600g/2700x/1700x/1700
Motherboard MSI B550 Carbon (2)/ MSI z490 Unify/Asus Strix B550-F/MSI B450 Tomahawk (3)
Cooling EK AIO 360 (2)/EK AIO 240, Arctic Cooling Freezer II 280/EVGA CLC 280/Noctua D15/Cryorig M9(2)
Memory 32 GB Ballistix Elite/32 GB TridentZ/16GB Mushkin Redline Black/16 GB Dominator
Video Card(s) Asus Strix RTX3060/EVGA 970(2)/Asus 750 ti/Old Quadros
Storage Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB/WD Black M.2 NVMe 500GB/Adata 500gb NVMe
Display(s) Acer 1080p 22"/ (3) Samsung 22" 1080p
Case (2) Lian Li Lancool II Mesh/Corsair 4000D /Phanteks Eclipse 500a/Be Quiet Pure Base 500/Bones of HAF
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 850G(2)/EVGA Supernova GT 650w/Phantek Amps 750w/Seasonic Focus 750w
Mouse Generic Black wireless (5)
Keyboard Generic Black wireless (5)
Software Win 10/Ubuntu
well it could be a big conspiracy to get more posts and views going on, the all seeing eye might be throwin a curve ball every now and then to get us all furiously typeing and active

last warning. I'll assume you didn't see my request above.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I'm curious as to why it needs to be moved back? What is the difference? You all do realize that this thread and the "American" thread have nothing to do with the purpose of this website, right? W1zzard went ahead and made a whole new forum for this kind of thing. There could be something I'm missing, so by all means give me a reason as to why we need clubhouse threads like this. The threads were moved to keep things in order. Nonsense threads belong in the "nonsense" forum. Going by the posts in this thread, people need to sign up for a generalnonsense.net account. TPU does seem to be changing.. and getting pretty immature in my opinion. Now, I'm asking for a legitimate and reasonable excuse as to why these threads aren't "general nonsense".

Also, I've been getting personal attacks from some people on this forum the past few days, things were getting way too out of hand and the nonsense needs to stop.

Last edited:

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I'm curious as to why it needs to be moved back? What is the difference? You all do realize that this thread and the "American" thread have nothing to do with the purpose of this website, right? W1zzard went ahead and made a whole new forum for this kind of thing. There could be something I'm missing, so by all means give me a reason as to why we need clubhouse threads like this. The threads were moved to keep things in order. Nonsense threads belong in the "nonsense" forum. Going by the posts in this thread, people need to sign up for a generalnonsense.net account. Now, I'm asking for a legitimate and reasonable excuse as to why these threads aren't "general nonsense".

Well, at least we now know why they were moved - I don't understand why W1zz didn't explain this when he posted? It's understandable for members to ask when the thread was in the clubhouse section for over two years. I'm curious myself why it took so long.

I can see the logic behind this move, so I'm afraid that I can't make a counterpoint to it. ;) It might mean that the threads get forgotten about, though. :ohwell:

System Name Ryzen Reynolds
Processor Ryzen 1600 - 4.0Ghz 1.415v - SMT disabled
Motherboard mATX Asrock AB350m AM4
Cooling Raijintek Leto Pro
Memory Vulcan T-Force 16GB DDR4 3000 16.18.18 @3200Mhz 14.17.17
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ 4GB RX 580 - 1450/2000 BIOS mod 8-)
Storage Seagate B'cuda 1TB/Sandisk 128GB SSD
Display(s) Acer ED242QR 75hz Freesync
Case Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-01
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair VS 550w
Mouse Zalman ZM-M401R
Keyboard Razor Lycosa
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/6220813
I'm curious as to why it needs to be moved back? What is the difference? You all do realize that this thread and the "American" thread have nothing to do with the purpose of this website, right? W1zzard went ahead and made a whole new forum for this kind of thing. There could be something I'm missing, so by all means give me a reason as to why we need clubhouse threads like this.

Wrong, it has been mentioned numerous times that the discussion in there was not just general chit chat and a lot of the regulars posted questions/comments that might not really need a dedicated thread, but also to get advice from their friends who were also regulars. The US clubhouse was just TMM well... being himself and probably was more suited to GN. Not only that, it has been there for 3 years and amassed a huge 13k posts and a lot of regulars in their. As also pointed out not all the clubs stay on topic but tbh as there is no post count anyway it makes little difference.

Another thing is, I am aware of GN though have never felt inclined to visit there on a regular basis, TPU is my homepage and where I spend 90% of my online time at home, now I have to also visit GN on a regular basis because someone decided on a whim to move our clubhouse.

I really wouldn't feel this strongly had it not got a lot of decent well behaved members who frequent it and had been doing for years, even Tatty was showing up more and more in there.

The point is, it was our clubhouse, had it just been created then ok, suggest moving it to GN, but it's a 3 year old thread and we have a lot of good discussions in there man :( dont take our clubhouse away

edit: I know nothing of these attacks btw, what does this have to do with this thread by any chance? (not being funny)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Wrong, it has been mentioned numerous times that the discussion in there was not just general chit chat and a lot of the regulars posted questions/comments that might not really need a dedicated thread, but also to get advice from their friends who were also regulars. The US clubhouse was just TMM well... being himself and probably was more suited to GN. Not only that, it has been there for 3 years and amassed a huge 13k posts and a lot of regulars in their. As also pointed out not all the clubs stay on topic but tbh as there is no post count anyway it makes little difference.

Another thing is, I am aware of GN though have never felt inclined to visit there on a regular basis, TPU is my homepage and where I spend 90% of my online time at home, now I have to also visit GN on a regular basis because someone decided on a whim to move our clubhouse.

I really wouldn't feel this strongly had it not got a lot of decent well behaved members who frequent it and had been doing for years, even Tatty was showing up more and more in there.

The point is, it was our clubhouse, had it just been created then ok, suggest moving it to GN, but it's a 3 year old thread and we have a lot of good discussions in there man :( dont take our clubhouse away

edit: I know nothing of these attacks btw, what does this have to do with this thread by any chance? (not being funny)

Well, people have some strong feelings about this so I'll move it back. I just ask that people treat others fairly, be respectful of others and behave. If you look at the clubhouse forum you will notice that the threads there follow the common theme of tech related things for people to discuss. While having these segregated threads are not common or realy warranted we'll make an exception in the spirit of friendship, fellowship and as a place for like minded individuals to discuss things. We'll see how things work out from here. The attacks did have a bit to do with the thread, but that's as far as I'm going to discuss it. So, please keep in mind that there is no exclusivity on this forum and that everyone on this forum should be held with civility and respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.