• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Witcher 2 Contains Secret Sauce To 'Catch 100% Of Pirates'

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I didn't go thru the whole thread but I have pretty much every AAA title out this year and paid for them all. This title I "tried" first(and even the few titles I have "tried" this year I ended up purchasing) But this one I am glad I didn't buy it. I was bored after the tutorial and promptly deleted it... Come at me CD Projekt!
Not my kind of game and maybe for other folks it may be good but IMO CERTAINLY not a game to be making this kind of big deal out of.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
im pulling outta this one my head hurts ....

bostonbuddy

just crack it and run it not connected to the internet, then destroy that computer. profit.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
If the companies would create products that worked right they would stop a lot of piracy.

Example, how many games have you bought that you had jump through hoops to get to run or had never run at all.

Last week I picked up Dirt3. It took me two days of googling to get it to launch. Codemasters knows of the problem but has done nothing at all to fix it.

Today I bought a X-box live points card so I could play a DLC that you can only get through them and when I enter the number it says it's not valid. WTF!!

Every time I try to do things the right way, I run into problems.

If people want to play pirated games, go ahead.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
If I designed and built the computer myself hells yes I would get pissed. Likewise with a painting. Lets say you have an exhibition with your works on display and someone came in and copied your works in every small detail. He didn't take a photo, he copied it. I'd get mad as heck.

Really?

Honestly that surprises me, if someone copied my custom designed machine I would be flattered.

As long as they didn't sell my design I would be more than a 100% cool with it.

Profiting from someone else skill/knowledge = a douche thing to do.

Utilising someone elses skill/knowledge for your own benefit = Naturally Human thing to do.

Seriously if humans didn't copy other humans who had good ideas then we'd never be a successful species.

I can just imagine the first cave man to make fire from scratch huddling in by his self hiding away his discovery from other people and I laugh to myself XD

" NO ONE CAN HAVE MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
If the companies would create products that worked right they would stop a lot of piracy.

Example, how many games have you bought that you had jump through hoops to get to run or had never run at all.

Last week I picked up Dirt3. It took me two days of googling to get it to launch. Codemasters knows of the problem but has done nothing at all to fix it.

Today I bought a X-box live points card so I could play a DLC that you can only get through them and when I enter the number it says it's not valid. WTF!!

Every time I try to do things the right way, I run into problems.

If people want to play pirated games, go ahead.

hehe I went thru the exact hoops with the Xbox points cards as well trying to get the DiRT 3 DLC(My GFWL account is set to the UK and I live in Norway so can't use a credit card). Don't try to redeem it thru GFWL do it thru their website.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
So you feel you should be entitled to steal without repercussions if you don't have the money to buy something?

I'm sorry, but the world doesn't operate that way.

sorry to quote a post from early in the thread, but this stood out to me.

what they're doing is more like an undercover cop selling you weed and then arresting you for it. just because you broke the law, doesn't mean they can get arrest you if THEY didn't follow the law in the first place.

if they did illegal data mining to get the information from you, be it IP addresses or anything else, then they broke the law to 'catch' you, and the information they gathered is invalid.

Not unless you've borrowed said movie from a friend. That's what I used to do / still do / and will keep doing because it is legal. Whether it's a physical or digital copy. :toast:

except thats been made illegal to, or at least been attempted to. i just cant remember the exact details on it.

System Name Runs Smooth
Processor FX 8350
Motherboard Crosshair V Formula Z
Cooling Corsair H110 with AeroCool Shark 140mm fans
Memory 16GB G-skill Trident X 1866 Cl. 8
Video Card(s) HIS 7970 IceQ X² GHZ Edition
Storage OCZ Vector 256GB SSD & 1Tb piece of crap
Display(s) acer H243H
Case NZXT Phantom 820 matte black
Audio Device(s) Nada
Power Supply NZXT Hale90 V2 850 watt
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lesbians are hot!!!
sorry to quote a post from early in the thread, but this stood out to me.

what they're doing is more like an undercover cop selling you weed and then arresting you for it. just because you broke the law, doesn't mean they can get arrest you if THEY didn't follow the law in the first place.

if they did illegal data mining to get the information from you, be it IP addresses or anything else, then they broke the law to 'catch' you, and the information they gathered is invalid.

except thats been made illegal to, or at least been attempted to. i just cant remember the exact details on it.

I don't agree with entrapment any more than I agree with pirating. Now weed on the other hand...

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
hehe I went thru the exact hoops with the Xbox points cards as well trying to get the DiRT 3 DLC(My GFWL account is set to the UK and I live in Norway so can't use a credit card). Don't try to redeem it thru GFWL do it thru their website.

My account is set to Canada and I live in Taiwan now. Funny thing is, different places I go to on GFWL and on the website will change my location. Sometimes it says the US and sometimes Taiwan.

I tried entering it through the website and it still doesn't work. I sent them an e-mail.

I am so pissed off right now. I just found out about the DLC for Bioshock 2 and I so want to play it......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
My account is set to Canada and I live in Taiwan now. Funny thing is, different places I go to on GFWL and on the website will change my location. Sometimes it says the US and sometimes Taiwan.

I tried entering it through the website and it still doesn't work. I sent them an e-mail.

I am so pissed off right now. I just found out about the DLC for Bioshock 2 and I so want to play it......:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Actually I called them and asked if I could switch my country and they told me it was not possible.(New account or nothing) So yeah I feel you because I am in the same boat. But I managed to redeem my cards on the website just fine then it showed up fine in GFWL in game so I could buy the DLC

(Sorry for the derail but this is sorta related that legitimate purchases are more hassle)

long thread, didn't read.

I just want to say, that the ability to effortlessly and perfectly reproduce copies of digital data at almost zero cost means it cannot be treated like property of the old. The data itself, of course, is owned by the creators, not you, who merely paid for a cheap end-user license. There is no analogy for this, unless we can effortlessly and perfectly copy a Toyota at almost no cost.

My solution? Everything digital are sold through online stores only, embedded with unique identifiers, with verified user accounts managed by a (few) central organization(s).
Go on, put your tin-foil hat on and curse me.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
My solution? Everything digital are sold through online stores only, embedded with unique identifiers, with verified user accounts managed by a (few) central organization(s).

Would only truly work in the 3rd World if ISPs finally improves speeds and their services, and if the "online stores" accept cash.

Would only truly work in the 3rd World if ISPs finally improves speeds and their services, and if the "online stores" accept cash.

My answer for that is politically highly incorrect so I will just shut up.
It won't happen anytime soon though, too many people have the misguided idea that they own the thing after paying only 60 dollars.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional

That is actually reliant on the specific jurisdictions. Over here, for example, illegally collected evidence is still admissible in court. The collector of said illegal evidence is himself exposed to the wrath of the law, but the evidence collected stands, nonetheless.

I am pretty sure we're not the only place on earth with that in our laws.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
If you took his computer he'd be pissed, if you came round and copied his computer I'm sure he wouldn't give a shit.

( which is what piracy is)

Any-whom I'm off to bed, thanks for the interesting discussion chaps and for most people remaining polite and civil about their differences.

:toast:

No a bunch of other company's would be after me if i copied his computer as they would be under threat of going bankrupt.. Remember people do that too so does it make it right ?.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
I am rather shocked at a great deal of comments in this thread and is the main reason why I no longer bother to visit threads and/or comment.

Where this "it's my right to try something before I buy it" attitude came from I have no idea. Do you know what they used to be called...?

Demo's.

They are your right to try it and then decide whether you want to buy it. Now as I am aware there aren't many demo's being released any more then what the gaming population SHOULD be doing is harassing the developers to release a demo. Not outright playing the game they did not pay for and then saying "oh this is crap, I've completed it, but seeing as I am a c*nt, I'm not going to pay for it". You have been entertained by a medium that you are not paying for when you should be paying for it. It's like going to the cinema and not paying for it because you in all your infinite wisdom think it is unworthy.

I for one am a great supporter of CD Projekt Red and I hope that they succeed in what they are doing. You people make me sick.

I didn't go thru the whole thread but I have pretty much every AAA title out this year and paid for them all. This title I "tried" first(and even the few titles I have "tried" this year I ended up purchasing) But this one I am glad I didn't buy it. I was bored after the tutorial and promptly deleted it... Come at me CD Projekt!
Not my kind of game and maybe for other folks it may be good but IMO CERTAINLY not a game to be making this kind of big deal out of.

If you had any sense you would have seen that this game is called "The Witcher 2". The "2" indicates that it is the second game, thus there being a first. If you wanted an indication as to what it might have been like you would have picked up the first one for next to nothing in the bargain bins as it was going for around $5 at the time of number 2's release. That would have given you every indication about the story, the controls, and what the world of the Witcher is about. But instead you decided to fuck the very people that worked hard to provide you with an entertainment source and not pay for it. It does not matter that you "only got to the tutorial" you still should have paid for it. If you are that lazy, or that cheap to pay for the game then you should give up your right to play any game. You are an insolent fool, who quite frankly should revise your attitude. The game was around $30 on release, and if you couldn't afford it then, then you should have waited all of a month before it went down to $20-25.

Downloading a game on the pre tense that "it's my right to try it before I buy it" is never excusable. That's like going into McDonald's and taking a chunk out of a burger and walking out without paying because you didn't like it.

Last edited:

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
If you had any sense you would have seen that this game is called "The Witcher 2". The "2" indicates that it is the second game, thus there being a first. If you wanted an indication as to what it might have been like you would have picked up the first one for next to nothing in the bargain bins as it was going for around $5 at the time of number 2's release. That would have given you every indication about the story, the controls, and what the world of the Witcher is about.

short of buying new call of duty games (and i use 'new' loosely), that is exactly the problem. try playing dragon age origins, then dragon age 2. almost nothing in common.

you simply cannot judge a game by its predecessors - jesus, go compare supreme commander 1 and 2, for example. apart from the genre and a few names, they're nothing alike.

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
short of buying new call of duty games (and i use 'new' loosely), that is exactly the problem. try playing dragon age origins, then dragon age 2. almost nothing in common.

you simply cannot judge a game by its predecessors - jesus, go compare supreme commander 1 and 2, for example. apart from the genre and a few names, they're nothing alike.

So because of that you think it's okay to "try before I buy" games?

Read a fucking review, watch the youtube videos, talk to other people who have bought it. There are PLENTY of outlets that will tell you all about the game, reviews, previews, players comments, videos; all of which are perfectly legal sources to find out more about the game.

The "try before I buy" excuse is null and void.

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
I'm just saying I would show up to the court case with a copy of the game and tell them to bite me...EULA is not law. If I own a copy I own a copy it doesn't matter what version is installed. I did not redistribute the copy therefor all that is violated is the EULA and I could care less.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Ryzen 1900x
Motherboard AsRock Phantom 6
Cooling AIO
Memory 8GB
Video Card(s) ASUS Strix 1080Ti
Storage SSD
Display(s) Benq Zowie
Case Cosmos 1000
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair CX750
Software Win10 Home
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.

Last edited by a moderator:
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Case Montech Air X
Mouse Logitech G304
Software Windows 10
So because of that you think it's okay to "try before I buy" games?

Read a fucking review, watch the youtube videos, talk to other people who have bought it. There are PLENTY of outlets that will tell you all about the game, reviews, previews, players comments, videos; all of which are perfectly legal sources to find out more about the game.

The "try before I buy" excuse is null and void.

"I try, I buy", emphasis on "I". So unless the review was made by someone that thinks and plays just like me, the youtube videos were recorded someone that thinks and plays just like me, the other people I talk to think and play just like me, that's the only time it would be "null and void."

Hell even "reviewers' scores" and "user scores" from Metacritic can vary wildly. :laugh:

Check MW3's ratings.

Critic Reviews

Positive: 17 out of 23
Mixed: 6 out of 23
Negative: 0

User Reviews

Positive: 369 out of 1839
Mixed: 76 out of 1839
Negative: 1,394

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7
I'm just saying I would show up to the court case with a copy of the game and tell them to bite me...EULA is not law. If I own a copy I own a copy it doesn't matter what version is installed. I did not redistribute the copy therefor all that is violated is the EULA and I could care less.

First of all it's "could not care less" saying that you "could care less" is saying that you could... well care less.

Second, if you tick the EULA and it says that you agree to the terms and conditions, then if you break those terms, you are breaking the contract to which you agreed to. They have every right to take you to brown town. If you, just like everyone else who does, just tick it so you can move on to the next step then you are shit outta luck because ignorance is not an excuse.

"I try, I buy", emphasis on "I". So unless the review was made by someone that thinks and plays just like me, the youtube videos were recorded someone that thinks and plays just like me, the other people I talk to think and play just like me, that's the only time it would be "null and void."

Hell even "reviewers' scores" and "user scores" from Metacritic can vary wildly. :laugh:

Check MW3's ratings.

Then use your common sense and make a judgement call. You decide whether you buy it based on the available information to you. If sales are going down then there should only every be two excuses for it;
1) the game is shit and no reviewer positively spoke about it, and
2) the developers/publishers did not advertise the game well enough to get peoples interests.

There should be no 3) because of piracy.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional
"I try, I buy", emphasis on "I". So unless the review was made by myself, the youtube videos were recorded by myself, the other people I talk to think like me (or thinks similarly), that's the only time it would be "null and void."

Hell even "reviewers scores" and "user scores" from Metacritic can vary wildly. :laugh:

Check MW3's ratings.

Yes, but where is it written that because you think you're entitled to "I try, I buy" you are allowed to break the law? I am not getting into the "Copied Game != Lost Sale" argument (which is actually something I agree with to an extent), I just do not get the rage over people being slapped for breaking a law.

Is the law wrong? It might well be. But that's not the issue here in any case. You should be railing against your politicians, then, and not against CDP.

If CDP have not done anything which is illegal to collect this information, then whoever infringed upon their copyright is only getting what he has had coming. Tough luck.

If they have broken a law in collecting this evidence, then they will be punished for it, no doubt.

Case Montech Air X
Mouse Logitech G304
Software Windows 10
And the Witcher was never cheap (although it did get "cheaper", at around ~$30) over here because retail-wise it's a monopoly (only one game store chain in the whole country), and using Steam means all the hoopla of having a US$ credit card (or any currency usable in Steam) and being shafted by unfavorable exchange rates because of your country's economy and weak currency and having to assume another identity in Steam.

And the Witcher was never cheap (although it did get "cheaper", at around ~$30) over here because retail-wise it's a monopoly (only one game store chain in the whole country), and using Steam means all the hoopla of having a US$ credit card (or any currency usable in Steam) and being shafted by unfavorable exchange rates because of your country's economy and weak currency and having to assume another identity in Steam.

then don't buy it. it's a game. you don't have to have it. and you're certainly not entitled to have it.