• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to Speed up Win7 and other Questions

F4ketribal

Hey I was wondering how to speed up Windows 7 I ave good computer specs but it's gotten WAY slower since It was new *ofc computers do that* But I have trouble with typeing and listening to any type of music at the same times alot of the time it freezes up the song as I type and can barely type like 3 words at full speed Im also wondering how to Transfer an Old Xp Os Or Ubuntu onto a Ssd *Ive asked this multiple times no help at all* *No offence* but for my system specs Im running Very slow even if this thing was really old but its basically brand new here's my Specs tell me if you think it's running slow for the stuff in it

It was also like a 3k Computer Built from Scratch here's a list of the parts
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 960 @3.20GHz 3.20GHz

24.0Gb Installed Ram (16.0 GB Usable)
64-bit Operating System

Performance

Processor 7.5 Calc per second
Mem (RAM) 7.5 Mem op per second
Graphics 7.3 Performance with Windows Aero
Gaming 7.3 Graphics 3D Gaming Graphics performance
Primary HDisk 5.9 *WHY?* Ive had My Ssd for Months Now And havent been able to use it since
I bought this computer I was wondering if anyone could Msn me or Help me With this
In real time with Teamviewer or just Msn Instant Msg or Yahoo Anything Thank you btw
(noobspure50@hotmail.com or Voir_R4mi@hotmail.com) If you can help with that

Antec DF-85 CASE - http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQwNA==

Processor - Intel-Core-i7-960-Processor - http://ark.intel.com/products/37151...cessor-(8M-Cache-3_20-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI)

MotherBoard - Sabertooth X58 - August 2010 - ASUS - Socket LGA1366 - ATX - DDR3 - Multi GPU - PCI - PCI Express - With Gigabit Ethernet - Onboard Sound - Triple Channel Memory - RAID 0 - RAID 1 - RAID 5 - RAID 1+0 - 240-pin DIMM - 24 GB RAM - 6 Slot

SABERTOOTH X58
Forged for Ultimate Reliability

Intel® LGA1366 socket for Intel® Core™i7 Processor Extreme Edition / Core™i7 Processor
Intel® X58/ ICH10R
CeraM!X Heatsink Coating Tech. - Larger area for heat dissipation with the revolutionary ceramics-coating technology
TUF Components (Alloy Choke, Cap. & MOSFET; certified by military-standard) - Certified for Tough Duty
E.S.P. [Efficient Switching Power Design] - Optimal power efficiency for key components
True USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s Support
Motherboard Link http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/SABERTOOTH_X58/

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-8500, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 24GB
Slots: 6 12GB kit (4GBx3), 240-pin DIMM, DDR3 PC3-12800 memory module
Crucial 2x 3 4Gb

Ram - http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=A2617533A5CA7304

Graphics Card\Sound - GeForce GTX 550 TI - EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB...

Chipset Manufacturer:
NVIDIA

Core Clock:
951MHz (vs. NV Ref. 900 Mhz)

Shader Clock:
1903 Mhz (vs. NV Ref. 1800 Mhz)

Stream Processors:
192 Processor Cores

Effective Memory Clock:
4356 Mhz (v.s. NV Ref. 4100 Mhz)

DirectX:
DirectX 11

OpenGL:
OpenGL 4.1

HDMI:
1 x mini HDMI

Also Unused Corsair Force 3 120 GB SATA 3 SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive CSSD-F120GB3-BK

Product Features and Technical Details
Product Features

SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3) connectivity- Works seamlessly with SATA 3 systems
Backward compatible-Works with SATA 3Gb/s (SATA 2) systems
Sequential read speeds of up to 550 MB/s
Sequential write speeds of up to 510 MB/s
High performance SandForce SF-2200 SSD controller
BGC (Background Garbage Collection)
Native TRIM support (O/S support required)
RAID Support

Technical Details

Brand Name: Corsair
Model: CSSD-F120GB3-BK
Hard Disk Size: 120 GB
Form Factor: 2.5-Inch
Hard Disk Interface: Serial ATA-600
Weight: 0.15 Kilograms

SSd Link Below

Can anyone help me with max performance Im currently running Windows 7 on a 1Tb Hitachi HDD And also have Windows Xp on an old Samsung

How do you also get the thing under your post name what your comp specs Are?

Last edited:
System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
Buy an SSD, do a fresh install of windows... that will solve the operating system speed issue

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Buy an SSD, do a fresh install of windows... that will solve the operating system speed issue

Going by this and ur other thread sounds like theirs a hardware fault somewhere in ur system. Best bet is the ram is bad, try another set.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Since one else seems to have actually read your post. It seems like your computer is just in really bad need of some maintenance. When was the last time you defragged, cleaned temp files, clean the registry, etc. It seems like a quick run through of Ccleaner, Spybot S&D, and then defrag could do your system worlds of good.

Second, the windows rating system is not measure in "operations per second". Those numbers have no unit of measure which is why most people ignore what they say.

You do need to install your SSD. There should be a thread in the hardware section with step by step instructions on how to do that. If you have a retail disc of Win7 and want to do it the simple way, remove your current HDD, install the SSD, and install windows from scratch. Once you get the system back up and running, install the HDD as a secondary drive, make sure you boot from the SSD, and then you can copy over your personal data in the user folder if you want. You cannot do this with programs though. If you have Steam you can install Steam, do not log in, copy the very large "C:/Program files/Steam/SteamApps" folder to the new install, and then log in. All the rest of your data should be rebuilt by Steam via their could storage service. Once this is done, you can start deleting all the folders you don't need and reorganize the HDD into a secondary storage device.

Your memory is most likely just fine.

System Name Old Fart / Young Dude
Processor 2500K / 6600K
Motherboard ASRock P67Extreme4 / Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 DDR3
Cooling CM Hyper TX3 / CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 16 GB Kingston HyperX / 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1050 Ti / INNO3D RTX 2060
Storage SSD, some WD and lots of Samsungs
Display(s) BenQ GW2470 / LG UHD 43" TV
Case Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced / Thermaltake Core v31
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1/Denon PMA500AE/Wharfedale D 10.1/ FiiO D03K/ JBL LSR 305
Power Supply Corsair TX650 / Corsair TX650M
Mouse Steelseries Rival 100 / Rival 110
Keyboard Sidewinder/ Steelseries Apex 150
Software Windows 10 / Windows 10 Pro
You have a ssd and it's not installed? Why is that? Hook it up, do a fresh install of Win 7. Score 5.9 is max WEI for mechanical HDD. You can add your specs under User CP.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
and 24GB with only 16GB usable is a problem as well. either you're running a low end version of win7 that cant use it, or you've got one of the bugs (too tight CPU cooler, etc) causing it to not work properly.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
and 24GB with only 16GB usable is a problem as well. either you're running a low end version of win7 that cant use it, or you've got one of the bugs (too tight CPU cooler, etc) causing it to not work properly.

Considering where it stopped, he has Home Premium. Since that RAM is being wasted, you should really just remove it and sell it or something. 12 GB is plenty.

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
shut up with the useless info..

Going by this and ur other thread sounds like theirs a hardware fault somewhere in ur system. Best bet is the ram is bad, try another set.

Wow, are you serious, you actually talk to people like that?

Anyways back to the original post... he mentions that things go slowly.. that isnt indicative of bad ram... bad ram would be blue screens and crashes.

He mentions that he wants to "Transfer" his operating systems to an SSD and that has me wondering if he has previously transferred his old OS installations across from his old PC to his new i7 one and this is the cause of the slow performance.

Best solution in my mind still is for him to reinstall windows on an SSD and see if that runs fine, if that does, then use that instead of the old mechanical drives... you have nothing to lose if you already have the SSD

Processor i7 2600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI z68ma-ed55
Cooling Silentx Extreem 120mm
Memory 2x4gb XMS 7-8-7-20 1600
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Display(s) Soyo 24", Gateway 22"
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini 6x120mm fans.
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
Years ago I put shutdown /r in the startup folder of xp and let it run for 2 days. I had 2 of the exact same machines and the other one booted in 1/4 the time as the one I rebooted for 2 days. I'd hope someone figures out why and fixes it. I blame Windows.

Acronis True Image works great for copying drives. Get the SSD in there. Harddrives slow over time as sectors fail and get relocated and as error recovery has to work harder.

Shut off Windows Search and Superfetch services. They are I/O whores. When those two services are humping your drive you'll just have to wait for sloppy seconds.

There's a ton of info on the web about tweaks that claim to make Windows faster. I quit trying though. When my OS feels slow I reinstall it. It sucks but you'll spend more time trying to fix what MS screwed up then it'll take to do a clean install.

Wow, are you serious, you actually talk to people like that?

He's from New York. ;)

mod2max

System Name Full Spectrum
Processor Intel Core 2 Q6600 G0 Stepping @ 266.7Mhz x9> x4
Motherboard ASUS P5K Deluxe (P43)
Cooling CPU> Tuniq Tower 120 - GPU> Stock - HDD> Zalman ZM-2HC2 - Case Fans> 4 - Other> Stock
Memory OCZ Reaper HPC EPP 1GBx4 (PC6400 CL4 2.1v)
Video Card(s) HIS HD3870XT Ice3 Turbo RV670 (850/2380/Unknown) Catalyst 10.4a
Storage WD Caviar Green 1TB 32MB + Seagate Barracuda 250GB 16MB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW
Case Asus TA-250
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi PCI
Power Supply OCZ 700W Stealth X Stream 2
Software Microsoft Windows 7 32-Bit
Benchmark Scores Need to do some benchmarking...
Windows is the problem here... you need to reinstall Windows.

I cannot help you with the SSD install, simply because I don't have the time.

1. Reinstall Windows

2. Turn off unnecessary services, heres a guide to what service does what and what the site believes is safe to turn off > http://www.blackviper.com/2010/12/17/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

3. Change boot options > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOSLzvm-np8&feature=related

4. Follow the below anyway...

If you don't fancy reinstalling Windows then try these:

1. Defrag

2. Disk Cleanup

3. Buy TuneUp Utilities (If you can afford it, it's a really good piece of software) or download a 15 day trail from > http://www.tuneup-software.co.uk/download/

4. If you don't want to pay out for TuneUp Utilities you can get a free piece of software called CCleaner which is a registry cleaner which you can download from > http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

4. Turn off or tune system animations by going to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Under the heading "Performance" click "Settings"

5. In the same location as described above, click the "Advanced" tab and under the heading "Virtual memory" click "Change" and either manually set the page file size or let system manage it.

JustaTinkerer

System Name Just need to tidy it up now
Processor FX-8120
Motherboard Asus M5A99X EVO 990X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) BFG GTX 280 H2OC
Storage OCZ ocz vertex plus(60GB), 2TB hdd
Display(s) 1x ACER x19ws ( need new one)
Case Custom
Power Supply (GOT) OCZ GameXStream 1010 Watt
Software LOL
Benchmark Scores Soon, very very soon, just need to tidy it up.
shut up with the useless info..

Rude much!

I would get rid of 12 gig of RAM (FFS 24gig) re-install you OS on the SSD.
Job done.

As was pointed out Acronis true image is great but even better would be to back up your must have files and re-install.

AFTER SSD INSTALL

Increase System Speed
Disable indexing
Description: Indexing creates and maintains a database of file attributes. This can lead to multiple small writes when creating/deleting/modifying files. Searching for files will still work.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services - > Right-Click Windows Search -> Startup type: Disabled -> OK

Disable defragmentation
Description: Defragmenting a hard disk's used space is only useful on mechanical disks with multi-millisecond latencies. Free-space defragmentation may be useful to SSDs, but this feature is not available in the default Windows Defragmenter.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services - > Right-Click Disk Defragmenter -> Startup type: Disabled -> OK

Disable Write Caching
Description: There is no cache on the SSD, so there are no benefits to write caching. There are conflicting reports on whether this gains speed or not.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Disk drives -> Right-Click STEC PATA -> Properties -> Policies Tab -> Uncheck Enable write caching -> OK

Configure Superfetch
Description: Frees up RAM by not preloading program files.
Instructions: On second glance, I would recommend leaving this one alone. However, there are some customizations that you can follow in the post below.

Firefox - Use memory cache instead of disk cache
Description: If you use Firefox, there's a way to write cached files to RAM instead of the hard disk. This is not only faster, but will significantly reduce writes to the SSD while using the browser.
Instructions: Open Firefox -> Type about:config into the address bar -> Enter -> double-click browser.cache.disk.enable to set the value to False -> Right-Click anywhere -> New -> Integer -> Preference Name "disk.cache.memory.capacity" -> value memory size in KB. Enter 32768 for 32MB, 65536 for 64MB, 131072 for 128MB, etc. -> restart Firefox

Free up extra drive space
Disable the Page File
Description: Eliminate writing memory to the SSD, free over 2GB of disk space. Warning - If you run out of memory the program you're using will crash.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> Settings (Performance) -> Advanced Tab -> Change -> Uncheck Automatically manage -> No paging file -> Set -> OK -> Restart your computer
Alternatively, if you want to play it safer, you can set a custom size of 200MB min and max.

Disable System Restore
Description: Don't write backup copies of files when installing new programs or making system changes. Can free up between a few hundred MB to a couple GB. Warning - Although unlikely, if a driver installation corrupts your system, there won't be an automatic way to recover.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings -> System Protection Tab -> Configure -> Turn off system protection -> Delete -> OK

Disable Hibernate
Description: You may free up 1GB of space on the SSD if you have 1GB of memory, 2GB of space if you have 2GB memory. You will lose the hibernation feature which allows the equivalent of quick boots and shutdowns.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Type cmd -> Right-Click the cmd Icon -> Run as Administrator -> Type powercfg -h off -> Type exit

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
How do you also get the thing under your post name what your comp specs Are?
Go here. Don't forget to select "Yes" on the drop-box right at top ("Show System Specs"). :)

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
There are many ways to speed up Windows 7 one is using a registry cleaner ( I use Registry mechanic ) along with Cclean and defragler . I also use windows 7 manager . Tweaking the system services as well makes it much faster . Black Viper This guy does a bang up job on helping me tweak my system now it is supper fast well for me that is . good luck . :toast:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
<SNIP>

Disable Write Caching
Description: There is no cache on the SSD, so there are no benefits to write caching. There are conflicting reports on whether this gains speed or not.
Instructions: Start Menu -> Right-Click Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Disk drives -> Right-Click STEC PATA -> Properties -> Policies Tab -> Uncheck Enable write caching -> OK

Write-back cache OFF:

Write-back cache ON:

Processor i7 2600k@4.6ghz
Motherboard MSI z68ma-ed55
Cooling Silentx Extreem 120mm
Memory 2x4gb XMS 7-8-7-20 1600
Video Card(s) HD6870
Storage 2x128gb Kingston Hyper-X (Raid0), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1), 2x750gb RE3 (RAID1)
Display(s) Soyo 24", Gateway 22"
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini 6x120mm fans.
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Zalman 750w
Software Windows 7
Last edited:

mediasorcerer

System Name THE MEDIAMACHINE
Processor i5-3570k
Motherboard Asus gene v z-77 matx.
Cooling Antec h20 620
Memory 2x4gb g.skill ripjaws z 2400
Video Card(s) h.i.s radeon 7950 reference 3 gb- hooray!!!
Storage samsung 128gb~830 ssd. samsung 500gb hdrive.
Display(s) 22 inch tele.
Case circa 1996 grey rat box with no sides front.until my own is finished
Audio Device(s) inbuilt creative.supreme effects 3
Power Supply thermaltake tt-500w
Software win 7 x64-
Benchmark Scores Coming soon
I use game accelerator from micheal zacharias[free] ,can be used for any software, shuts down services in background, i also use ssd tweaker by elpamsoft[free] and have used the ocz forum tweaks too why not?