• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS Launches HIS 7870 Fan 2 GB

Hightech Information System (HIS) today announced the launch of HIS 7870 Fan 2 GB. The card offers outstanding graphics quality and excellent cooling technology for enthusiastic users. With core and memory clocks at 1000 MHz and 4800 MHz, the card ensures the highest graphics enjoyment during hardcore gaming.

Equipped with HIS outstanding cooler, the card is 13 °C cooler than the reference cooler and provides a less than 28 dB quiet environment for daily tasks and movies.

The card is made of HIS high quality component. It has better OC capability with overclocking equipment and longer life span with safety design.

The card also comes with the innovative overclocking software by HIS - iTurbo. User can control the temperature, speed and power in their hands!

Cooler

Equipped with HIS outstanding cooler, the card is 13 °C cooler than the reference cooler.

Quiet

It's extremely quiet and noise level is less than 28 dB. You feel the quietness when viewing photos, browsing webs, checking your email and playing movies in UVD mode.

iTurbo

iTurbo is your software assistant to control your graphics card to be quiet, cool and experience overclocking by simply pressing the iTurbo Button!

User Friendly Overclocking Software: Cooler, Quieter, OC!
iTurbo's Fan Control and Fan Monitoring allow easy adjustment of your card to its maximum cooling performance or to run your card quietly!

Press iTurbo: OC Right Away!
With the smart auto overclocking function, users can experience a slight performance boost for selected HIS graphic cards with just one click!

Powerful Overclocking Software
Either you wish to unleash its full potential or to make it more environmental friendly, iTurbo is ready for you!

High Quality Components

HIS uses only the finest materials and the most advanced techniques to build our cards, making them one of the most stable and durable product in the industry.

CrossFireX Ready!
The card's is armed with one Crossfire Connector, ready for CrossFire & multiplied performance!

OC Equipment
OC material is ready for Overclocking to the limit! HIS cards utilize Dynamic Phase Control PWM IC to save power for better use. Along with digital power design, 2 ounces Copper Layer, HIS cards make the best out of power, allowing users to clock speeds to the full potential!

Safety Design
HIS cards are engineered with the highest standard of safety, preventing them any potential damages. Solid State Choke stabilizes the card and Full Solid State Capacitors ensures the best power quality and enhances the card's stability in critical gaming situations!

New Design, New Experiences

PCI-e 3.0 Support
Armed with the latest PCI-e 3.0 bus design maximizes performance by delivering double bandwidth per lane of PCI-e 2.x. Paired the card with the latest platforms and get the ultimate performance!

More Graphics, Less Power

Optimized Power & Performance
The new architecture of the card gets more usable processing power for your money, enabling better frame rates in the latest games at high resolutions. In addition, with AMD PowerPlay & AMD PowerTune technologies, you can optimize the balance between performance and power consumption of your system by adjusting the engine clock during runtime of the card. Manage the power and keep your wallet loaded!

See More, Win More!

The card is capable to turn your computer into a super gaming machine. Enjoy the latest 3D games with stunning graphics and effects that your enemies cannot match! Get an immersive experience with AMD Eyefinity "2.0"!

Expand your game across up to 4 displays while your opponents have one monitor. Along with all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation and brand new display configurations, take the unfair advantage over your opponent and win more with the surround sight.

Game Better & Faster

Game Better & Faster
With full Microsoft DirectX 11.1 support, the card is ready for next generation DirectX games. Equipped with AMD HD3D technology, you can enjoy a stereo 3D experience in the latest 3D games. The card also offers up to 2x faster tessellation and faster DirectCompute over earlier cards. Gamers will be pleased to enjoy the life-like graphics!

List of approved monitors for AMD HD3D Technology:

- Samsung SA700
- Samsung SA750
- Samsung TA950
- Samsung SA950
- Samsung TA 750
- LG D2342P
- LG D237IPS

Sounds Better
Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI with no additional cables required, heightening the sense of reality!

See Better, Enjoy Better!

The card supports 30" LCD monitor and any large size TV up to 80" feature with 16:9 ratio in amazing 4096 by 2160 resolution. Up-scaling your computer into a multimedia center with the biggest display!

Enjoy HD Beauty
With Full HD 1080p support, the card delivers high quality 1920 x 1080 graphics, enabling seamless full-screen video playback. See HD, hear HD and feel HD - Enjoy the beautiful graphics now with the card!

Enjoy Copy Protected Movies
The card is HDCP compliant, enabling users to play copy-protected content, such as commercial DVD movies.

Enjoy True to Life Graphics
Quad HD videos have resolution four times that of current HD videos, meaning images too clear that may deceive your eyes! With the card, you are set for getting the movie theater experience to your home. You may be able to watch a video shooting the Eiffel tower and zoom it in to see your friend's face clearly from the top! Get your eyes impressed and enjoy mind-blowing graphics with extreme clarity, depth and texture!

View More, Work Better

Are you wishing to have multi-display Video Conferencing? Or having one dedicated screen just for Facebook and a second for emails? These are not dream anymore. The card features 2 Mini-display Ports for enhanced workspace flexibility. You can easily connect to two displays, including the 27" Apple LED Cinema Displays with the two Mini DisplayPorts. The dual-link DVI port allows you connect to a 30" DVI display up to 2560 x 1600. Resolution can even reach 4096 x 2160 with HDMI that are good for TV up to 80"!

Hear Better in Video Conference
Most GPUs today support only one audio stream at a time. The card, however, has Discrete Digital Multi-Point Audio that can simultaneously output multiple, independent audio streams. Audio seamlessly follows the video, providing affordable multi-display, multi-audio conferencing for consumers!

The card is an ideal solution for all those who rely on having several applications visible simultaneously for extra productivity. Multi-tasking and multi-display video conferencing just got a lot simpler! Make your computer a multi-display workstation!

HIS 7870 iCooler 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP
http://www.hisdigital.com/un/product2-699.shtml

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Looks good to me, is this a ref board though or a non ref

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E
Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Memory G.Skill FlareX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 DUAL
Storage 1 TB WD Black SN850X | 2 TB WD Blue SN570 | 10 TB WD Purple Pro
Display(s) LG 32QP880N 32"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
Last edited:

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
wow. looks like its not even two slots

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
The IceQ turbo is still probably a cooler card. Suppose they wanted to have one that fits within 2 slots though. :roll:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E
Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Memory G.Skill FlareX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 DUAL
Storage 1 TB WD Black SN850X | 2 TB WD Blue SN570 | 10 TB WD Purple Pro
Display(s) LG 32QP880N 32"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
I havent had troubles out of HIS in the past. I however had 1 sapphire board quit on me before

Oh, no, I don't intend to undermine HIS quality. Owned a couple HIS cards a while back (4850, 5770, also 6850) and never had any troubles at all.

I mean we still don't know what the differences between reference component and "HIS high quality component". Could be better VRM, better voltage controller, etc.

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Oh, no, I don't intend to undermine HIS quality. Owned a couple HIS cards a while back (4850, 5770, also 6850) and never had any troubles at all.

I mean we still don't know what the differences between reference component and "HIS high quality component". Could be better VRM, better voltage controller, etc.

I have that same exact color pcb and cooler, only its a 5850 from HIS, the same exact iCooler cooler. It's not bad I guess, but my card is definitely non-reference b/c CCC has limits on my OC capability...stock is 725/1000, so I bumped it up until it couldn't go past 775/1125 because its locked.
Reference boards tend to get an all-around better OC usually with voltage increases and from what I think I know, I don't think there are any OC limits for them.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
I have that same exact color pcb and cooler, only its a 5850 from HIS, the same exact iCooler cooler. It's not bad I guess, but my card is definitely non-reference b/c CCC has limits on my OC capability...stock is 725/1000, so I bumped it up until it couldn't go past 775/1125 because its locked.
Reference boards tend to get an all-around better OC usually with voltage increases and from what I think I know, I don't think there are any OC limits for them.

CCC limits any boards overclock capability, From the Radeon 9500 all the way to the Radeon 7970

This is however a Nice looking board and Id like to see it reviewd against all other competitors.