• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZOTAC A75-ITX WiFi A-E

System Name Cruncher
Processor AMD FX-8370
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E
Memory 2x4 GB Corsair XMS3 2000
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7870+Powercolor HD7850 CrossFire
Storage Corsair ForceGT 90 SSD,WD Black 500
Display(s) Acer 24'' 2ms
Case Cooler Master HAF 932
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Grand 1050w 80+Gold
Software Win 7 SP1 Ult x64
Thank you Cadaveca for one of the most exciting revue, which i read.
Nice board! Who cares about overclocking on HTPC. Will order a board, had long wanted to build a small media center.

NHKS

Nice review Dave!.. as with your other reviews, the quality and angle of photos is top notch and makes the read even more involving..

I would like to know if you have any plans to review the P8Z77-I Deluxe.. thanks!

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Thank you Cadaveca for one of the most exciting revue, which i read.
Nice board! Who cares about overclocking on HTPC. Will order a board, had long wanted to build a small media center.

Yeah, for that, it's nearly perfect. WiFi, Bluetooth, Dual LAN, lots of USB 3.0 for external HDD, and decent GPU and CPU grunt, while sipping the power. IF you ahve any issues, let me know, but I doubt you will.

Nice review Dave!.. as with your other reviews, the quality and angle of photos is top notch and makes the read even more involving..

I would like to know if you have any plans to review the P8Z77-I Deluxe.. thanks!

Can't comment too much about what boards I'll be doing...I do have hardware here to cover about 8 weeks of reviews, so you'll just have to read them all! ;)

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
6X USB 3.0 at back and two at front panel + 2X USB 2.0 in front. Not bad for mITX

In my opinion there is no point to pay 140$ for HTPC motherboard. I would take cheaper without additional features ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA ... (+Wifi 10USD if you need this) :)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
6X USB 3.0 at back and two at front panel + 2X USB 2.0 in front. Not bad for mITX

In my opinion there is no point to pay 140$ for HTPC motherboard. I would take cheaper without additional features ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) HDMI SATA ... (+Wifi 10USD if you need this) :)

I've never tried any AsRock product, and they don't send me samples, so they are a factor that does not exist me.

Plus, that board does not have Bluetooth/WiFi, where the $40 increase in cost is easily explained. Also one more LAN port on the ZOTAC, the USB stuff, etc... ;)

Processor Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z87 Extreme 4
Cooling Lepa NeoIllusion RGB CPU cooler
Memory 2*4GB Patriot G2 Series RAM
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB
Storage Transcend SSD 740 256GB + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) Samsung SA 300 24" Full HD
Case NZXT Phantom 530 + Bitfenix Recon fan controller
Audio Device(s) Creative SB0770 X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer MkIII 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Steelseries Apex RAW
Benchmark Scores IT WORKS
I've never tried any AsRock product, and they don't send me samples, so they are a factor that does not exist me.

Plus, that board does not have Bluetooth/WiFi, where the $40 increase in cost is easily explained. Also one more LAN port on the ZOTAC, the USB stuff, etc... ;)

4X USB 3.0 + 2.0 USB on rear is all I need. It is impossible to use eight USB 3.0 in one moment. And I have no idea why there are two LAN ports. USB + BT costs 26 USD.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
4X USB 3.0 + 2.0 USB on rear is all I need. It is impossible to use eight USB 3.0 in one moment. And I have no idea why there are two LAN ports. USB + BT costs 26 USD.

Sure, there is good reason for the number of different board makers, as each will have an audience no matter the function. To me, the difference in function and the parts used more than justifies the added cost. You are right, you don't NEED to spend so much, but at the same time, you don't NEED a HTPC.

With less functionality, the AsRock board you linked is a lesser product. It also has a lesser cost, so that's cool. That doesn't mean the ZOTAC board is bad because of it, it's just different, and that difference has a price. :p Maybe the VRM on the AsRock board draws more power, and then cost of ownership and usage is higher....;)

LAN ports, to me, are good, as well as required. Many TVs and such have network ports and such, and the ZOATC board has the ability to act as a wireless access point for the TV, or other net-enbabled devices, such as bluray players. TV and Bluray player net-enabled, means that AsRock board cannot support them all., even more so, since it doesn't have wireless.

The function is there for a reason, IMHO. If you want more out of your HTPC, the ZOTAC can do it. The Asrock, simply, cannot.