• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Hello. Weeeeeeeeeeeee! I finally got SLI working with the 301.24 drivers using hyperSLI on an Asus M5A97 with 2X Gigabyte GTX 550Ti Windforce GPU's. I had to disable the hyperSLI control panel to get the SLI to work in the Nvidia control panel. It wouldnt hold the settings with it running for some reason. HyperSLI is good work.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/12/05/03/7x9.png

you had no option with hypersli cp running?

halfcrazy21

Post screen of your system(control panel)

im sorry! my mistake.. its ok now.. i run the program in winxp mode so that's why it says im in winxp os.. i installed the patch and enabled sli.. but when i run games there's glitches on screen and moving black bars continuously..

im sorry! my mistake.. its ok now.. i run the program in winxp mode so that's why it says im in winxp os.. i installed the patch and enabled sli.. but when i run games there's glitches on screen and moving black bars continuously..

what drivers? i think this is not hypersli problem

296.10 nvidia driver.. when i disabled sli the game is ok. but when sli is enabled the problem appears.. do i need to change my drivers?

you need to check your cards for stability and make sure your PSU is enough

Last edited:

FabioMC

I still can´t use both cards (sli) with 300.xx drivers. Do you know anything I can try ?? I tried a clean windows install. I inverted the cards (pci-e). But always only one card works. The other has yellow exclamation (error 43). When I use 200.xx drivers everything works (sli).

I still can´t use both cards (sli) with 300.xx drivers. Do you know anything I can try ?? I tried a clean windows install. I inverted the cards (pci-e). But always only one card works. The other has yellow exclamation (error 43). When I use 200.xx drivers everything works (sli).

some software incompatibility. it's not hypersli problem. i have no issues with the patch and these drivers. i think you should wait for non-beta release.

FabioMC

some software incompatibility. it's not hypersli problem. i have no issues with the patch and these drivers. i think you should wait for non-beta release.

Ok. I think i'll stick with 296.10 :cry: The guys from nvidia's forum didn't help too. Anyway thanks anatolymik.

phenom

Hi. Quick question.
Does the HyperSli control panel need to start automatically on windows startup for hypersli to work properly?

I would like to disable it from starting up automatically as I have no use for the control panel.

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Ok. I think i'll stick with 296.10 :cry: The guys from nvidia's forum didn't help too. Anyway thanks anatolymik.

Have you tried to swap the monitor cable to another port? Or even to the other card?
The HyperSli is not responsible about the issues.

Last edited:

aeolian2009

Now I'm in the 285.62 driver has cracked SLI
Want to update to the 301.24 BETA (0.8HyperSLI) can break the 301.24 you?
I want to know how to do smoothly want to?

Mordecai Walfish

Hi. Quick question.
Does the HyperSli control panel need to start automatically on windows startup for hypersli to work properly?

I would like to disable it from starting up automatically as I have no use for the control panel.

No it's not required to run HyperSLI. I believe there is an option to make it not start with windows in the control panel itself. It is simply for status and Hypervisor mode switching.

ERTW_Burlington

Not installing on my AMD 870

Hi,

I've tried HyperSLI 0.8, 0.7, 0.6. UAC is OFF and when I run I get the home screen "Patch can be applied". I choose "Install" and receive the messages:

Installation in progress....
(then immediately)
Error while system files creating

I suspected permissions, so I Run As Administrator and now the home screen reads "Unable to get boot information" and there is no installation option.

I have 2x Nvidia GeForce 8800GT running on a Biostar TA870U3+ MB using the AMC 870/SB850 chipset. Virtualization is turned on in the BIOS.

I have disabled UAC.
I have tried Run As Administrator.
I have set PhysX to CPU in NVidia Control Panel.
I do not see listings for HyperSli or SLIPatch in the Add/Remove Programs.
I do see HyperSLICP.exe in the Program Files (x86)/HyperSLI director.
I do not see anything like Hyper* in task manager.

I'm lost and really hoping to use my second card when Diablo 3 comes out tomorrow!

Thanks very much,
ERTW
(feeling like a stupid engineer right now):banghead:

think_alien

i just thought id post here to let you know symantec endpoint 12.1 seems to make A LOT of problems when installing hyperSLI every time both are installed i end up with no nvidia control panel access (it just wont load no matter how much you try to start it ) and no internet access along with several other issues
once symantec is uninstalled and hypersli is reapplied ( reinstalled drivers then installed hypersli again ) sli works great :D so thank you very much this is an excellent program!

specs
cpu: fx-4100@4.6ghz
ram: 16gb (4x4gb)@1866 10-11-10-30
mobo: m5a97 evo with amd 970 northbridge 2xpci-e 1st 16x and 2nd is 4x
gpu's: 2xevga gtx 260 core 216 superclocked edition
nvidia driver version: 301.24
hyperSLI version used 0.8 build 200.1

Screenshot:

also here is a tool you might find useful http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo i find myself needing it from time to time when working with modded drivers or just normal unsigned drivers, it works great to digitally sign files so that windows will boot normally and stop bugging you about it or having issues because of it :D

ERTW_Burlington

Hi,

I've tried HyperSLI 0.8, 0.7, 0.6. UAC is OFF and when I run I get the home screen "Patch can be applied". I choose "Install" and receive the messages:

[snip]

Thanks very much,
ERTW
(feeling like a stupid engineer right now):banghead:

So I thought I'd mention that I disabled Kaspersky too and I still get the same message.

Hmmmm, I thought this would be an easy fix. Nobody seen these messages before? I didn't think my configuration was at all unique.... wierd....

Mordecai Walfish

So I thought I'd mention that I disabled Kaspersky too and I still get the same message.

Hmmmm, I thought this would be an easy fix. Nobody seen these messages before? I didn't think my configuration was at all unique.... wierd....

Hiya, would you try putting hyperSLI in a different directory? (like D:/hyperSLI or C:/hyperSLI)-- just extract the program there and make sure UAC is off and try running/installing it.

You will not see it in Add/Remove Programs ever, it doesnt install like a typical program, only applies/removes a patch. You can make a shortcut yourself to the program in your start menu for better access if you desire.

I thought maybe I could help as I have an AMD 870 board as well (by ASRock) and 2 8800GT's. The only thing that looked like it might be suspect is the program extraction directory as Windows 7 exercises restrictions on it's Program Files folder (in x64 at least..)

Oh yeah.. leave Phys-x at "auto" or whatever default setting, no need fiddling with that now.

Good Luck!

ERTW_Burlington

Hiya, would you try putting hyperSLI in a different directory? (like D:/hyperSLI or C:/hyperSLI)-- just extract the program there and make sure UAC is off and try running/installing it.
Good Luck!

Good thought Mr. Walfish, but I was originally running it out of My Downloads folder. Copying it to C:\hypersli didn't change anything, nor did copying it to My Desktop.

I have seen some wierd permissions things lately, but that was on my PC downstairs trying to install Diablo 3 from one machine to another.

Keep the ideas coming, I'm really banging my head against the wall now...

Support for windows 8 please? All of you stop crying about metro; Windows 8 consumer preview is superior in every way. Kernel is faster; whole thing feels way faster. Windows 8 is not a tablet os adapt or perish..........