• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Battlefield 3 Clubhouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Everyone is simply following the video's info, and ignoring the big picture about the source of the problem.
Fat, Hairy, Pen!s?

System Name Crisco / Backup
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600 / FX 6300
Motherboard ASUS X570 / Gigabyte 970-DS3p-FX
Cooling Wraith Stealth / AMD Factory
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR4 16 GB (3200) / G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 16 GB (1600)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 8 GB GDDR6 / Asus RX 470 8 GB GDDR5
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Display(s) Viotek 34-Inch Ultrawide Curved 100Hz 3440x1440p, / 52" Sharp 1080p
Case Coolermaster Elite 430 / ROSEWILL ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
Power Supply Thermaltake 750 watt / Corsair 550 watt Modular
Mouse Logitech G502 SE HERO / Logitech G602
Keyboard Gamesir GK100 / Steel Series
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
The thing for me, is that if the stories are true, at no point, with 34 damage per dart, should it take 4 shots for me to kill someone with it. That's impossible. Yet that's exactly what happened last night...hit Mailman 4 times before he fell.

Now, up close, 100%, it's overpowered(mowing down 6 enemies with one shot). But, at the same time, so is the MASS, to me, when used in the same config, yet very few mention the MASS as being broken.Why is that?

As far as I am concerned, if DICE really wanted to fix it, it would take a few minutes for them to make a patch. It's one weapon. But instead, they are leaving it as is for now...why? I mean, we all know that when that patch does come, it'll just be some OTHER weapon, instead of the DART.

Record your footage and watch your aim on those shots. Thats all I can say. Many times I'm going through what I have recorded and find a spot where I called BS, and said a guy should have been dead, turns out I just botched the shots. Also were you moving at all at the time or standing still? The instant you move even a hair, it blows your ai o shit so bad it isn't even funny, it probably gets about 50% worse than standing still.

I haven't checked the MASS ammo, I usually never ran underslung when using the MASS. But it's completely possible thats broken as well. I'll have to give that a shot later today. But as far as DICE patching a game in a few minutes, you have a very high opinion of them. DICE verified that this will be getting fixed in the next patch via Twitter (info), that verification that they knew (which means it obviously is a bug) was posted about by DICE 21 days ago.... So a patch within minutes obviously isn't going to happen from DICE (despite the problem, bar maybe game breaking). All they are doing is tacking this onto the list of other things that need to be fixed and pushing it to the next patch, they don't have time to hotfix for every single little problem people have.

guys just in general the DART is bugged and glitched. Maybe not in its power, but at range yeah. They need to drop the effective range of it by a lot. I was even trying the USAS for my first time on seine crossing last night and I was able to kill a guy from pretty far away and I thought that was a bit much. There is a reason why a lot of games purposely made the shotguns not have much range, because otherwise it was be very unbalanced and overpowered. Shotguns shouldn't have much range, especially the dart.

The USAS has been capable at range since back in BC2. It just requires you hold down the trigger and keep the crosshairs on the target, a whole clip can kill at a pretty decent range. The DART, all you need is one shot.

MY point, really, is that it's NOT the DART that is broken.
The DART and the "normal" MASS, are considered the same weapon in battlelog.
So, I play with "MASS" ammo, not dart, for just 5 minutes, and look at the results:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=46949&stc=1&d=1336243965

My accuracy has gone UP.

THe whole BS about it being the DART is people not recognizing how it works. The problem is is M26 MASS itself, and all the DART does is increase it's effective range. The DART part isn't BROKEN!!!

The M26 MASS is.

Thje M16A3 and A4 are considered the same gun in Battlelog too, you play with those and tell me they behave the same. Or the M4A1 and M4 (M4 is such a horrible gun now). Just because it's registered under the same name doesn't mean anything. As far as accuracy going up, that has nothing do with with switching between DART or MASS. They both fire the same amount of pellets with the same spread, it just so happens that when you were using the MASS you just happened to be more accurate (like I mentioned about shooting MailMan). There's no math behind aim, using that figure might help with spread patterns, but it has 0 effect on the damage of each pellet (what the problem is).

So for you to say it's all BS, when you were running an accuracy test of all things, really just doesn't hold much water. Your saying all the DART does is increase the range... Thats exactly the opposite of what the DARTS suppose to even do! :laugh: Darts a less powerful round that has more cutting power to pass through targets. Like I've already said, if there isn't a problem with the DART, then explain why it doesn't work the same underslung vs non. Or explain why DICE has confirmed it will be fixed in the next patch . It just seems like your testing for the wrong things here and refuse to listen to people who have looked into it more.

As far asthe L85, yep that is broken too. The reason you don't see it being used as often, is because firstly it wasn't a very popular gun before. So it needs unlocks, one of which takes 90 kills (thats a long ways to go, especially if you hate the gun like I do). Where as the M26 unlocks take very little time and many already had (unlike the L85)

Last edited:
Storage Kingston 480gb SSD, Hitachi Ultrastar 2 TB, 1 TB Caviar Black /Hitachi 500 gb, 2 Seagate 320 GB
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD: 5.1 Technics DD / Plantronic Gamecom 7.1 headset/5.1 Digital Home Theatre
As far asthe L85, yep that is broken too. The reason you don't see it being used as often, is because firstly it wasn't a very popular gun before. So it needs unlocks, one of which takes 90 kills (thats a long ways to go, especially if you hate the gun like I do). Where as the M26 unlocks take very little time and many already had (unlike the L85)

Ok just for that I'm going back and unlocking everything for the L85 :roll: Personally I like the gun.
I liked it before the patch, haven't used it more than twice since the patch. I used it a lot until I started unlocking stuff for the VAL and G3. I migrated once I did. I get pretty tired of having to learn to shoot a gun I used prior because they nerfed the shit out of it. I really liked the MG36 and it is now a total pain in my ass to use. Maybe I don't have the correct load out yet or something, but my point is it is like shooting a totally different weapon now. These arguments could go on until PC gaming disappears and we will all have are own opinions about it, but the bottom line is the creators of the game hold all the cards and we are just in it for the ride. I can say if they don't get the hacks taken care of soon they are going to lose a lot of people. They should focus more on that then, nerfing and buffing guns.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
I haven't checked the MASS ammo, I usually never ran underslung when using the MASS. But it's completely possible thats broken as well. I'll have to give that a shot later today. But as far as DICE patching a game in a few minutes, you have a very high opinion of them. DICE verified that this will be getting fixed in the next patch via Twitter (info), that verification that they knew (which means it obviously is a bug) was posted about by DICE 21 days ago.... So a patch within minutes obviously isn't going to happen from DICE (despite the problem, bar maybe game breaking). All they are doing is tacking this onto the list of other things that need to be fixed and pushing it to the next patch, they don't have time to hotfix for every single little problem people have.

Well, considering I was on the alpha and beta teams for BF2, BF2142, BFBC, BF BC2, and BF3, I'm pretty sure i know how fast DICE can have a patch. I've watched them patch servers, LIVE.

Making a patch takes a simple line edit in the code to change weapon stats. TESTING said patch takes longer.

Oh, what's this? I already am on the team that tests patches for BF3? Oh, you don't say?

:rolleyes:

So for you to say it's all BS, when you were running an accuracy test of all things, really just doesn't hold much water. Your saying all the DART does is increase the range... Thats exactly the opposite of what the DARTS suppose to even do! :laugh: Darts a less powerful round that has more cutting power to pass through targets. Like I've already said, if there isn't a problem with the DART, then explain why it doesn't work the same underslung vs non. Or explain why DICE has confirmed it will be fixed in the next patch . It just seems like your testing for the wrong things here and refuse to listen to people who have looked into it more.

Well, considering most of us in the TS has been using the MASS this weekend, and you haven't used it, I just suggest you give it a try. Come to your own conclusions about what the DART ammo does, or whatever, but to comment about how a weapon behaves when you haven't even used it recently, seems a bit, well...whatever.

I also find it funny you give me the goods on using a nerf'd gun when you've admitted using the USAS when it was nerf'd. Pot calling the kettle black?:laugh: Frankly, I'm not using the DART, I'm using the MASS but call it the DART. And yes, it's very intentional. SInce that's what started this whole thing.

Like, it's no big deal, but really, once you've tried the MASS, you'll see exactly what I am talking about. Everyone on the TS yesterday has...arguing about it is silly. Give it a try, then swap over to the DART...tell me then how the DART ammo modifies things. And now that you've admitted you haven't, and don't knwo what you're talking about, you can STFU, and give me an apology for talking about shit you didn't know about, jsut like I said you were.

LuLz. Tell em how muc hdamage a multi-shot round does? how do you ensure that only one hit, so you know the dmage? How do you verify that 340 damage was assigned? Oh, that's right, you cannot, you heard on the video....:rolleyes:

Now htat last comment, and most of these comments I've made this weekend, 1kurgan1, weren't even directed at you personally, merely at those complaining about the DART, but not the MASS....but if ya wanna take that one, be my guest. :p

I haven't claimed anything was BS..other than claiming just the DART was broken, and banning people for it...but not hte MASS...are you banning people for using the dart? Do you run a server? IF not, why do you think I'm even talking to you?

OH, you don't run a server, so I couldn't possibly be talking to you? Oh, really now. So you're getting all worked up..for nothing? HRM? HAve I pissed ya off some other way? Let's clear the air here....:laugh:

Last edited:
System Name Red Giant
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
The M26 MASS doesn't seem broken at all though I was only using it in close quarters it would still require 2 shots to kill sometimes at near point blank range, the DART is what really screws everything up majorly.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
The M26 MASS doesn't seem broken at all though I was only using it in close quarters it would still require 2 shots to kill sometimes at near point blank range, the DART is what really screws everything up majorly.

Did you use it underslung?

Like, there's no doubting that its broken...it very much is. As I said yesterday, when I said it wasn't broken, I was being sarcastic.:rolleyes:

I think 1Kurgan1 has a very valid point...it does have a lot to do with aim, so we've been playing on Metro to kinda of limit that aspect of things.

Just underslinging the M26 breaks it in all kinda of ways. The explosive round is just a slug...and the slug is like a single bullet out of..well I dunno...poop...

The problem lies not in the claims that it's broken, it's that servers are banning people for using JUST the dart...either all of us who tried it yesterday have magically become amazing players...or something else is up.

It's pretty funny to see so many people complain about us using the MASS without the dart ammo, and call it the dart.:wtf:

And now to go full circle to what I was saying the other day....the dart's not broken. And I'm gonna keep using it.;)

:D

Disclaimer: I am not using the dart.:roll:

System Name Red Giant
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Software Windows 11 Pro
Did you use it underslung?

Like, there's no doubting that its broken...it very much is. As I said yesterday, when I said it wasn't broken, I was being sarcastic.:rolleyes:

I think 1Kurgan1 has a very valid point...it does have a lot to do with aim, so we've been playing on Metro to kinda of limit that aspect of things.

Just underslinging the M26 breaks it in all kinda of ways. The explosive round is just a slug...and the slug is like a single bullet out of..well I dunno...poop...

The problem lies not in the claims that it's broken, it's that servers are banning people for using JUST the dart...either all of us who tried it yesterday have magically become amazing players...or something else is up.

It's pretty funny to see so many people complain about us using the MASS without the dart ammo, and call it the dart.:wtf:

And now to go full circle to what I was saying the other day....the dart's not broken. And I'm gonna keep using it.;)

:D

Disclaimer: I am not using the dart.:roll:

I was actually using the underslung MASS with standard ammo and didnt find it to be broken one bit, perhaps it was using it with the M416 rather than the G3A3? I wasn't trying to snipe people with it though lol only point blank shots in Operation Metro which I guess that doesn't matter much whether its broken or not since either way it would destroy the other person :laugh:

Last edited:

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
Master Orhan needs to get a life! 772 hours logged into BF3?

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Ok just for that I'm going back and unlocking everything for the L85 :roll: Personally I like the gun.
I liked it before the patch, haven't used it more than twice since the patch. I used it a lot until I started unlocking stuff for the VAL and G3. I migrated once I did. I get pretty tired of having to learn to shoot a gun I used prior because they nerfed the shit out of it.

I'm not saying the L85 is a bad gun, it just doesn't fit my personal playstyle. It's a bullpup with a slow fire rate, for me personally it just feels like a small gun that wants to be a big gun. I know even before the patch there was some people who dominated with it, so I know it's a capable weapon.

Well, considering I was on the alpha and beta teams for BF2, BF2142, BFBC, BF BC2, and BF3, I'm pretty sure i know how fast DICE can have a patch. I've watched them patch servers, LIVE.

Making a patch takes a simple line edit in the code to change weapon stats. TESTING said patch takes longer.

Point and match? I didn't think it needed to be said, but I guess it had to come from your own mouth here. Patches need to be tested, when you don't test something, you just end up breaking something else, how do you think we got this bug in the first place? :laugh:

Well, considering most of us in the TS has been using the MASS this weekend, and you haven't used it, I just suggest you give it a try. Come to your own conclusions about what the DART ammo does, or whatever, but to comment about how a weapon behaves when you haven't even used it recently, seems a bit, well...whatever.

I also find it funny you give me the goods on using a nerf'd gun when you've admitted using the USAS when it was nerf'd. Pot calling the kettle black?:laugh: Frankly, I'm not using the DART, I'm using the MASS but call it the DART. And yes, it's very intentional. SInce that's what started this whole thing.

Like, it's no big deal, but really, once you've tried the MASS, you'll see exactly what I am talking about. Everyone on the TS yesterday has...arguing about it is silly. Give it a try, then swap over to the DART...tell me then how the DART ammo modifies things. And now that you've admitted you haven't, and don't knwo what you're talking about, you can STFU, and give me an apology for talking about shit you didn't know about, jsut like I said you were.

LuLz. Tell em how muc hdamage a multi-shot round does? how do you ensure that only one hit, so you know the dmage? How do you verify that 340 damage was assigned? Oh, that's right, you cannot, you heard on the video....:rolleyes:

Now htat last comment, and most of these comments I've made this weekend, 1kurgan1, weren't even directed at you personally, merely at those complaining about the DART, but not the MASS....but if ya wanna take that one, be my guest. :p

I haven't claimed anything was BS..other than claiming just the DART was broken, and banning people for it...but not hte MASS...are you banning people for using the dart? Do you run a server? IF not, why do you think I'm even talking to you?

OH, you don't run a server, so I couldn't possibly be talking to you? Oh, really now. So you're getting all worked up..for nothing? HRM? HAve I pissed ya off some other way? Let's clear the air here....:laugh:

Well I just tried the MASS ammo, and it is just as broken, while ONLY being underslung. I simply said DART earlier because I knew that was broken, and how did I know? Because it's better than the best stand alone single fire shotgun in the game (I have said this numerous times and you have never responded to that). In-fact I'm having a hard time even figuring what your argument even is, which I why I keep responding. My point is that at least that ammo type was broken, you seem to be arguing that it isn't, but then you say that the whole M26 underslung is bugged. I could honestly careless which ammo type it is, it's broken in all sorts of ways. To add to that point since you seem to be arguing only based on specifics here, we'll get real specific and see if you can narrow this down for me, point to where I ever said "only the DART ammo is broken, and the MASS ammo isn't", if you can point to a single instance of where I said that, then I'll give oyu a cookie, if not get off my back, I never said the MASS wasn't broken, some I'm going to give you a line from your book here Dave, stfu (I feel so grown up now). :laugh: And now back to what I originally responded to, and what started this all.

The Dart, while it can be annoying, im my opinion, is not "broken" or "glitched".
It's just damn powerful.

Now today you say you were being sarcastic, after you sat and argued it for numerous posts. I'm sorry Dave, but I don't know if you can understand, but type doesn't always convey sarcasm well, especially when you back up your sarcasm with an argument like it's actually a point you were trying to make (then continue to argue that subject into the next day). I stand by what I have said this entire time, the DART underslung is broken, it just so happens the MASS ammo is as well. Then to top it off, you now say you use the DART and call it a MASS. Well I use a M60 and call it a PP-19 :rolleyes: I like how you keep making arguments and expect people to figure out that half of your post isn't even true information :laugh:

Sorry Dave, no apologies from me, I do like that it seems your now getting worked up. Yesterday on my first post I was fired up a bit right off the bat, but I went back and edited it to the version you seen, because honestly, whats the point in getting upset? But now you tell me to STFU and apologize :laugh: After you test the accuracy of a gun then some how correlate that to damage :laugh: then call my testing methods flawed.

I think you a bit confused as to what I was saying about people using the DART here. I never gave anyone the goods, I was simply responding to what you said above, that the DART is not broken, only powerful. I could careless if someone here wants to use it, maybe if they rape me a bunch with it I might say something, but even then probably not as I just assume they are trolling and my rage would only fuel them. I'm not sure what you're talking about with me using the USAS when it wasn't nerf'd? Maybe you mean post patch? I'm not sure, I haven't used that weapon in a few months though, I loved it for a bit, but found that it wasn't what I wanted in a weapon, I hate getting killed by a guy at 100 yards and knowing I can only pepper him, so I mostly just stopped using shotguns for that reason. So I think you read far too much into what I was saying. Also would like to clarify I haven't take any of your comments personally, what could be taken personally here? I think once again you are reading too much into my responses, I'm simply talking semantics, I gave the tip of off aim based on watching my own recordings, watching what you have done sometimes just points out things in a different light. And as far as servers banning for the DART and not the MASS, once again I never said the MASS wasn't broken, it seems more a case of people realized the DART was first and no one has ventured off what works. I'm not sure what your last sentence even means though, I mean I know your talking to me based off you actually quoting me, or is that not what quotes are for? :laugh:

As far as figuring exactly how much damage, just did the testing with Marineborn and I, did this just for you Dave, so I hope that makes you feel special.

1 pellet from Underslung MASS put Marineborn to 66%
1 pellet from Underslung DART put Marineborn to 66%
1 pellet from the 870 Buckshot put Marineborn to 84%
(I got video of this is it's really needed, but honestly already gone far enough out of my way)

So as I said yesterday, the DART is broken (I never said the MASS wasn't (so I'm not even sure why you are arguing with me about something I didn't say). Seems the MASS ammo is broken as well, and the 870 was the control for the test. At best both of those ammo types should only be on par with the 870 at best, they shouldn't be 2x the damage. And now as far as only having my info from Youtube, shove it :laugh: 34 damage from DART/MASS rounds means 408 damage from all pellets combined vs 192 for the 870, so obviously not bugged right :rolleyes: And Dave, just for you, I'll return the favor of being sarcastic and lie about information in the future just to return the trolling, then ask why you are confused at the horrible information I just gave that makes no sense. I still can't believe you were honestly arguing with me simply because I said DART, when it was the only one I knew for sure was bugged, but didn't deny the MASS possibly being bugged, this all seems so pointless, lol. My point is simply they are bugged, your original post said they weren't I don't understand why you seemed confused by me responding.

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
this all seems so pointless, lol.

Not really. Just wanted to draw attention to the fact the M26 itself is bugged, not just the DART. It's not the DART AMMO..it's underslinging the gun period that is weird.

But, really, teh same sort of comments you were making, in general, were being made by others in-game. As I said much earlier, and repeated, none of my comments are directed at you, more about OTHERS, in game, making the same comments, when i blasted them with the MASS on servers that banned the DART.

It seems pointless to you, beucase you're missing all the discussion on this topic in the TS. You really have nothing to do with it, you've not been in TS have you?

I merely quoted parts of YOUR posts, yes, as examples for my own comments, but really jsut becuase you convieniently decided to chide me for using the DART, which i did once, in two rounds, days ago, when I first unlocked it.:laugh: Thanks, but I don't need YOU to tell ME to not use a bugged gun.:laugh:

Where do you get off telling me how to play the game I bought and paid for?? AM I cheating? Nope. NO more than you did when the USAS was "bugged". IF a server alows use of a weapon, no matter if it's bugged or not, jsut becuase you don't liek getting killed with it doesn't give you the palce to tell others not to use it.

I know the DART is the worst combo...am I telling people to not use it? NOPE.

Am I telling people it's not the only one, and demonstrating it? YEP.

And you are....? Telling me how to play my game?:laugh:

:wtf:

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
My comments have been about the gun/ammo in general. I could careless if the DART or the MASS is bugged, I just spoke on what I knew for sure was bugged, I'm not going to speak about what I don't know was bugged. Like I said, I never said the MASS wasn't bugged, I just stated the DART was.

I don't see what TS has to do with any of it though. This conversation started by me quoting you, not by me mentioning TS material. Weekends I work graveyard shift, I play at 4am, It's physically impossible for me to be in TS with you guys at the times you play. So using inside jokes while quoting me, you can see where thats going to cause confusion. I'm just simply going off the information thats there. And you had said the DART wasn't bugged, which it is, DICE has confirmed, people have tested, and now I have as well. But it just so happens the MASS is as well, but like I said in my previous post, most people love using bugs and are probably see no need to try anything else as the DARTS getting the job done. But it doesn't seem pointless because TS, it seems pointless because your acting like I said the MASS wasn't bugged, but I never ever said that.

Also you think I scolded you for using the DART, like I said in my previous post. Never did that, I simply responded saying I was shocked you didn't think the DART was bugged (and it turns out you were not only being sarcastic, but you were calling the MASS the DART, can't you see where this would cause confusion?). If you think I scolded you for playing with the M26, quote that, because I didn't, like I said your reading into it too much. You just ended up jumping in a conversation where Wrigley had scolded people, and I was backing him up, and you took that personally. I never told you how to play the game, never told you what weapons to use, never called you a cheater, don't get all sandy over this, I never said any of that to you so stop crying about that. Link me where I told you how to play the game or sit down, seriously lol. The reason I respond to you is because you keep attempting to put words into my mouth, like making it sound like I said the MASS wasn't glitch, and now your trying to tell me I critiqued how you play, it's amazing how you read words that aren't there, don't get so butt hurt. I'm only talking weapon specifics and stats. I have infact gone out of my way to not insult play-style of anyone in anyway, I think you need to go back and read what I have written, it seems your responding to me simply because I insulted oyu and your playstyle in some way, but your just fabricating this all and blowing that out of proportion. Infact, I'm pretty sure I said earlier that you are using the DART in the correct manner, and thats why it doesn't seem OP to you, you are getting in their grills and fucking them up. Thats a compliment, but apparently that doesn't get me far now days :rolleyes:

This conversation should have gone like this.

Me: DARTs bugged
You: Not just the DART but the MASS is as well.
Me: Oh wow, didn't know that I'll have to check it out.

Instead it was
me: DARTs bugged
You: No it's not
Me: Yes it is here's the info I got
You: Rambles about Mass
Me: More info and actually testing each of the weapons
You: WHAT YOU INSULT MY PLAT-STLYE, WHERE DO YOU GET OFF!

:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Not really. Just wanted to draw attention to the fact the M26 itself is bugged, not just the DART.
It's not the DART AMMO..it's underslinging the gun period that is weird.
Yeah I got booted yesterday and wasn't even using the Dart because I don't have it,
but the underslung Mass with the G3 has crazy killing power. I kind of like it seeing as how
hard it is for me to stay on target with regular weapons it gives me that little extra I need to compete.
With a red dot you can blow their head off at 100 yards. Oh well :D

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Kurgan Im not trollin you or anything but Dave is in fact right on the patch thing. I'm also a member of that same team to who beta tests patches and numerous other games for EA. Its not as simple as a lot of people think it is. Ive played with Dave (unknowingly) in the past in closed betas for EA on hidden servers. The testing that goes into patches is pretty epic and like it or not DICE patches have a LOT of work behind them. They really do bust their asses to make it right and making a "simple" change isn't as easy as you think.

Ive personally heard a DICE developer swear at others on his team for things they have to GO BACK and fix. They take a lot of pride in their work. As for the MASS its not really broken. Its a shotgun within 15 feet. You should be dead if you get hit with it. Reayth was bragging about the MASS BEFORE the patch.......back when you were not even playing.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Kurgan Im not trollin you or anything but Dave is in fact right on the patch thing. I'm also a member of that same team to who beta tests patches and numerous other games for EA. Its not as simple as a lot of people think it is. Ive played with Dave (unknowingly) in the past in closed betas for EA on hidden servers. The testing that goes into patches is pretty epic and like it or not DICE patches have a LOT of work behind them. They really do bust their asses to make it right and making a "simple" change isn't as easy as you think.

Are you reading the right posts (also not trying to sound dick like here, just I know theres been walls of text, but I been trying to convey my opinions clearly and that takes a good amount of words)? He's the one who said they could make a patch for it in minutes. I said it's been 21 days since they verified it would be fixed in the next patch, and said that they aren't going to roll out a hotfix for 1 issue, unless it's game breaking (like people can't play because it crashes). And I just said above that patching needs testing or a glitch like the M26 glitch happens, if you don't test it's easy to fix 1 problem and make another. So I'm not sure where you seen I said otherwise, I never said patching was simple at all. Conversation is below, I've been in Betas and Alpha's for many games myself, I know how patching works and seen many bad patches over the years. It's why I called him out on it being patched in minutes, sure they could through out a patch, but odds of it breaking something else are so high it isn't even worth it.

Dave said:
As far as I am concerned, if DICE really wanted to fix it, it would take a few minutes for them to make a patch. It's one weapon. But instead, they are leaving it as is for now...why? I mean, we all know that when that patch does come, it'll just be some OTHER weapon, instead of the DART.
Me said:
But as far as DICE patching a game in a few minutes, you have a very high opinion of them. DICE verified that this will be getting fixed in the next patch via Twitter , that verification that they knew (which means it obviously is a bug) was posted about by DICE 21 days ago.... So a patch within minutes obviously isn't going to happen from DICE (despite the problem, bar maybe game breaking). All they are doing is tacking this onto the list of other things that need to be fixed and pushing it to the next patch, they don't have time to hotfix for every single little problem people have.
Dave said:
Me said:
Point and match? I didn't think it needed to be said, but I guess it had to come from your own mouth here. Patches need to be tested, when you don't test something, you just end up breaking something else, how do you think we got this bug in the first place?

-------------------------
Ive personally heard a DICE developer swear at others on his team for things they have to GO BACK and fix. They take a lot of pride in their work. As for the MASS its not really broken. Its a shotgun within 15 feet. You should be dead if you get hit with it. Reayth was bragging about the MASS BEFORE the patch.......back when you were not even playing.
Also I played before the patch, a lot, I was playing a good month and a half before this patch landed, and I used the M26 quite a bit for a while. Above if you see I did a damage comparison of the MASS and the DART to the 870, the MASS and DART do 2x the damage of the 870 pellets, are you saying thats intentional? I have no problem with the MASS or DART close range, thats not even what this discussion has been about. I think one of my first posts on this discussion mentions 1 shotting people at 40 - 50 yards with it, thats the problem. Today me and Marine were standing about 50 yards apart when I was testing, he aimed down the sights and pegged me with a DAO-12 Buckshot it did 12% damage, I fired 1 aimed shot back at him (both standing where we were when he shot me), it hit him for 68% at the same distance, over 5 times the damage of the DAO-12 at distance using the same rounds.

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
well i doubt it was 50 yards, in game ppl say 50 yards but its doubtful it is,

in reality these shot guns should 1 hit ppl at around 30-40 yards and dont play the boohoo card man

seen you wielding the USAS back when that was broken and people were bitching about it lulz, yet call other people noobz for using it, just let sleeping dogs lie, its a bug its gonna get fixed, eventually lol,

System Name ChaoticG8R / Lil'G8R
Processor Intel i7-970 / Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X58 / ASUS ROG Impact VII Z97
Cooling Swiftech H220 AIO / Cooler Master Nepton 140XL
Memory Mushkin Enh. Radioactive 3x4GB DDR3 1600 / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3 2133
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 680 4GB / Zotac AMP! GTX 980
Storage 240GB Crucial M500 + RAID1 2x2TB WD BlackCaviar / Raid0 3x256 GB Crucial MX100 + 2TB WD BlackCaviar
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 @ 120hz + 2x Sceptre 20"
Case Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black Edition / Thermaltake Core V1
Power Supply BFG LS1200 1250W / Corsair AX860i 860W
Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Benchmark Scores Runs daily @ 4.5Ghz; Runs stable @ 4.8Ghz; Max OC on air: 5.0Ghz
Not to draw away the attention...but...can we get like a 500 or 600 club going? For ppl with higher SPM? or people trying to actually play well enough to get a higher SPM?

I think Gunny is the only TPUer who is above 500....

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Not to draw away the attention...but...can we get like a 500 or 600 club going? For ppl with higher SPM? or people trying to actually play well enough to get a higher SPM?

So you want to start a club for yourself and Gunny... Sounds lonely. :laugh:

TheMailMan78

Big Member

No clubs for campers, spawn killers and hackers. Sorry.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
well i doubt it was 50 yards, in game ppl say 50 yards but its doubtful it is,

in reality these shot guns should 1 hit ppl at around 30-40 yards and dont play the boohoo card man

seen you wielding the USAS back when that was broken and people were bitching about it lulz, yet call other people noobz for using it, just let sleeping dogs lie, its a bug its gonna get fixed, eventually lol,

You tell me what you think that is for yardage, or that I should have killed them both with 1 shot there :laugh: (if you were either of them I could only imagine the endless bitching I would have heard from you)

And once again, you read too much into this. I'm just talking about weapon specifics, using the 870 as the control, neither of these guns should be beating that, or do you not agree with that? Remember Crazy, I play larger maps, I rarely run into people using the MASS or the DART, so it's something I rarely run across. Said this to Dave, and I'll say it to you, quote me where I made fun of anyone for using the DART or the MASS (I mean honestly, I'm sick of people putting words in my mouth here). But the Boo Hoo card coming from you is hilarious, thats all you do is cry when we play :laugh: And your response to me is always "well your the exception to the rule", usually when your ping is better than mine. And as far as the USAS, I also used the Jackhammer back when it was by far the worst shotgun in the game, and I was averaging a higher KPM with that than the USAS, so whats your point? :laugh: Also what bug did the USAS have, I don't remember any except super effective grenade or explosive rounds (I don't remember which), and I never used either of those. I used that gun at point blank like it's intended to be used, it's why when I used the Jackhammer I didn't have a problem with that either.

It sure would be nice to have a conversation about weapons. But instead I got numerous people telling me I'm insulting other players and calling them noobs, when I never did that. Or saying some other bit of information I haven't said.

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
I love stirring the pot its so much fun :toast:

System Name ChaoticG8R / Lil'G8R
Processor Intel i7-970 / Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X58 / ASUS ROG Impact VII Z97
Cooling Swiftech H220 AIO / Cooler Master Nepton 140XL
Memory Mushkin Enh. Radioactive 3x4GB DDR3 1600 / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR3 2133
Video Card(s) 2 x EVGA GTX 680 4GB / Zotac AMP! GTX 980
Storage 240GB Crucial M500 + RAID1 2x2TB WD BlackCaviar / Raid0 3x256 GB Crucial MX100 + 2TB WD BlackCaviar
Display(s) QNIX QX2710 @ 120hz + 2x Sceptre 20"
Case Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black Edition / Thermaltake Core V1
Power Supply BFG LS1200 1250W / Corsair AX860i 860W
Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD
Keyboard ROCCAT Ryos MK Pro
Benchmark Scores Runs daily @ 4.5Ghz; Runs stable @ 4.8Ghz; Max OC on air: 5.0Ghz

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
im well aware kurgan but you should know by now im an asshole lulz, did you REALLY think i wouldnt hop in line and poke you with the proverbial stick? i mean REALLY this is me were talking about,

Status
Not open for further replies.