• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dream gaming system idea.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard Asus Z68 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7950 @ 1200/1475 @ 1175v
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
It has long been a dream of mine that all the companies would come together some day, competition to drive innovation aside, to create one ultimate gaming machine, and in the darkness bind them. :respect:

Basically, Microsoft + Sony + Nintendo + all the great PC engineers from various companies with unlimited funds to create an amazing system that would destroy everything for a decade hardware and software wise. Games die off, communities shrink, there needs to be a central source where the pool of people is so large no game dies off, and all the companies can create software for it exclusively for 10 years, and no other system is made.

Anyways, back to playing co-op with an AI partner... later mates. :ohwell:

Last edited:
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Combining forces would not drastically and magically increase hardware advancement like you seem to think it would. If all sides come together this would eliminate competition thus allowing complacency and price gouging as one group controls the market

All in all ur ideas terrible

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329
Combining forces would not drastically and magically increase hardware advancement like you seem to think it would. If all sides come together this would eliminate competition thus allowing complacency and price gouging as one group controls the market

rofl

You mean something akin to what Apple has done with the pad computer and mp3 player?
(no trolling, I will justify myself)

Five years ago Apple had competition with the iPod brand. Some manufacturers released smaller ones, other released them with more capacity, and some even had *gasp* technological progress as their selling point. As Apple swallowed more and more of the market there were less competitors, due to the shrinking sales and dominance of the "greatness" of itunes. Fast fowards five years and Apple has basically crushed competition because of their "superior" product. When was the last time you saw a new mp3 player variant (ie nano, shuffle, etc...) from Apple? Dominating the market has caused painful stagnation, and has swelled the price Apple can charge for their crap.

The ipad was a revolution. It made the tablet style of computing more functional for the masses, by having an amazing UI and features list. Apple charges crazy amounts of money for the hardware, and locks the development environment. They are so good at this, that the latest revision of the ipad has only warranted an increase in processor speed and screen technology. The next 500+ USD toy differentiates itself by, basically, being the point where innovation dies. The only saving grace is that e-readers (nook, kindle) are competing, so their feature list may soon rival that of the ipad (without hacker support. Oh sweet kindle root access:pimp:) and re-stimulate competition.

Wrapping up, it sucks that most people can't afford all of the gaming machines on the market (PC and DS are all I have). What doesn't suck is that the competition between hardware (Nintendo being the exception, given their quirky control angle) has driven each new generation of console to compete. As a consumer, any market that is dominated by one source goods is a place where I can easily get ripped off. I hope gaming never becomes that, ever!

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
you can just let the topic die please... sorry for expressing any thoughts whatsoever

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
you can just let the topic die please... sorry for expressing any thoughts whatsoever

Don't apologize... and please continue expressing your thoughts.

Don't be discouraged by negative responses but be instead motivated at the chance you might have found someone akin to discussing the matter in a civil sense. Although civility can be a rare gem to find.

Humiliation isn't a loss it is merely a method preventing gain, which is all you have to get from expressing your thoughts. Gain of wisdom and enlightenment.

Last edited:
System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS APU
Motherboard BareBones Mini PC MB
Cooling Mini PC Cooling
Memory Crucial 32GB 4800MHz
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 680M 8GB IGPU
Storage Crucial 500GB M.2 SSD + 2TB Ext HDD
Display(s) Sony 4K Bravia X85J 43Inch TV 120Hz
Case Beelink Mini PC Chassis
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply 120w Power Brick
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.

Yeah cause all need competition in this world and no creativity...:wtf:

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Case HAF X
I too would like to think that the worlds minds can come together and do amazing things but we'd no doubt reach a limit to our potential right? And no doubt tainted minds exist which might taint our group.

So I think the idea here is having the RIGHT minds come together to get amazing things done, but I think this happens more or less to the extent that it can given the distances between each person and our transportation technologies.

One thing is for sure, whether the world comes together or not, Greed will prevent any good/amazing thing. Cause the real amazing things are the stuff that benefit all and not just some, which sadly greed's focus lies on the latter.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
Aphex that is what I was aiming, I this was an entirely hypothetical topic (aka dream machine) taken to seriously.

This idea could be applied to anything, if all the GREAT car engineers of the world came together they could probably make an affordable $10,000 car that gets 100 mpg and could be in production next year... again far fetched, I just am using that as an example.

What brought this about was the frustration of the GTX 670 being more powerful in certain games then my GTX 680, I understand they are meant to be close in power... but damn. Greed kept Nvidia from releasing their more powerful card because of AMD's like of innovation... so actually, you could argue competition in this case stifles innovation.

System Name Unknown
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Case HAF X
You know it might also be the fact that if you could grab everyone then you'd certainly have the right COMPATIBLE people working together but you might not actually NEED to have everyone. Its just that your chances of something going good increase with the more people you have but that doesn't mean that you really need everyone.

So its a probabilistic notion and not a quantitative one. I guess what I'm trying to get at is things are already going as well as they can given the world we live in today.The chance exists for things to be potentially better by having the right people come together but having everyone together doesn't necessarily mean better results.

Make sense?

Aphex that is what I was aiming, I this was an entirely hypothetical topic (aka dream machine) taken to seriously.

This idea could be applied to anything, if all the GREAT car engineers of the world came together they could probably make an affordable $10,000 car that gets 100 mpg and could be in production next year... again far fetched, I just am using that as an example.

What brought this about was the frustration of the GTX 670 being more powerful in certain games then my GTX 680, I understand they are meant to be close in power... but damn. Greed kept Nvidia from releasing their more powerful card because of AMD's like of innovation... so actually, you could argue competition in this case stifles innovation.

In that sense, I agree with you. The 670 and 680 are an odd duck, that should never have turned out like it did. Nvidea cut back, because AMD tried to get first to market (without considering the performance side). It would be nice if TSMC could get the yields higher, so that innovative cards might see the light of day.

Here's to hoping that the 7xx and 8xxx series cards deliver on competition. I'd love to see a full refresh of graphics card lines (rebadging is far too common), brought about by a decent step forward in performance.

~Sigh~

Maybe when dx11 powers all of the consoles those graphics cards can actually get some use, rather than the brute force approach that most developers add to console ports. I can dream, right?

System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
Has anyone ever modded a PS3, Xbox 360 and PC all into the same case before? That would be pretty awesome.