• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MechWarrior Online Early Access Program Detailed

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
This game is gonna be "pay to win". Dunno why you guys are willing to put up with that kinda model.

Reason I won't be buying it no matter how much I like Mechwarrior. If it had been a stand alone game...would have preordered the ultra deluxe whatever expensive version.

Sigh...first MW gets P2W and then Hawken later this year on F2P. While I intend to play Hawken anyways, I know the F2P model will make sure I do not stay around to play for long.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
This game is gonna be "pay to win". Dunno why you guys are willing to put up with that kinda model.

Okay, I have to ask this but how and where did you get that was going to be the case here? Everything I've seen about this game, since keeping up with it at the beginning, says it's more going to be like World of Tanks except with mechs and being a player of that game I've yet to see this "pay to win" thing show up. If anything, those who have all of the microtransaction tanks wind up getting worked over big time by those who can handle their tanks a lot better. I've yet to spend a dime on WoT and I'm able to compete fairly well within the tank classes I'm in.

So, can you shed some light on this since it's quite possible I missed something or am just mis-understanding your "play to win" statement.

I'd rather see MechWarrior 2 Pentium Edition and MechWarrior 3 being ported for Vista/Win7/Win8...

Though i have to admit that pictures look nice. I hope gameplay will be good as well. If it will be like from the above games it'll be interesting...

You can get Mechwarrior 3 working under Vista/Win7 providing you're running an NVIDIA card or an ATI card older than the HD2600 if I remember right with the newer ATI cards displaying texture corruption. If you're interested I'd be happy to chat via PM to try and get it going for you.

That aside, I'd love to see the older games re-tooled to run under Windows 7 since Mechwarrior 4 really was a pale shadow of the games before it. -_-

Reason I won't be buying it no matter how much I like Mechwarrior. If it had been a stand alone game...would have preordered the ultra deluxe whatever expensive version.

Sigh...first MW gets P2W and then Hawken later this year on F2P. While I intend to play Hawken anyways, I know the F2P model will make sure I do not stay around to play for long.

I'm sad there will not be a single-player campaign for this title but I look at it from the standpoint that if the Mechwarrior titles due to be released this year do well that we could potentially get a new single-player game. Hopefully you'll change your mind and come play with the rest of us (sorry but Hawken is NOT a Battletech/Mechwarrior replacement based upon what I saw and reminds me too much of MechInsult that was on the Xbox) since hard-core 'mech heads are not that easy to find. ^_^

Last edited:
System Name Barb's Domain
Processor i9 10850k 5.1GHz all cores
Motherboard MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool Assassin III
Memory 2*16gig Corsair LPX DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) RTX 4080 FE
Storage 500gb Samsung 980 Pro M2 SSD, 500GB WD Blue SATA SSD, 2TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD
Display(s) Dell - S3222DGM 32" 2k Curved/ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K (ran at 2k), Sanyo 75" 4k TV
Case SilverStone Fortress FT04
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion II speakers, Corsair - HS70 PRO headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x (2021)
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech Orion Spectrum G910
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/34962882

Dude, the game is free. :slap:

System Name FragBox
Processor Intel Core i7 2600K @ 5.0GHz/1.45 volts
Motherboard Asus P8Z77 WS
Cooling Custom CPU loop
Memory Kingston 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Galaxy GTX 680/Zotac GTX 680 in SLi/EVGA GTX 650Ti
Storage 2 Vertex 3 120's, raid 0, 2 Seagate Momentus XT 500GB's in raid 0, 1 Hitatchi 2TB for backup
Display(s) 3 Acer S232HLX2 in nvidia surround
Case Corsair C70 White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Win 7 x64 Pro
I'm more interested in the new MW: Tactics game coming out, for some reason I think I'll have a better experience in it than this game.

pjladyfox

System Name Eternal
Processor AMD Phenom II 955
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P
Cooling Corsair H50 water cooling system
Memory 8GB Corsair TWIN2X2048-6400C5DHX
Video Card(s) ATI Radeon HD 5870
Storage Seagate 7200.10 250GB SATA2, 7200.11 750GB SATA2, and 7200.10 500GB SATA2
Display(s) SAMSUNG 245BW 24" LCD
Case Antec Three Hundred - custom mnpctech.com
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC889 onboard sound
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software Windows 7 Home 64-bit Retail
I'm more interested in the new MW: Tactics game coming out, for some reason I think I'll have a better experience in it than this game.

It's interesting in that there almost seems to be a Battletech/Mechwarrior game for those of different tastes being released this year (well, with the exception of the single-player and/or anti-F2P crowds). You've got Mechwarrior Online for the sim/FPS crowds, you have Tactics for the turn-based/strategy folks, and you've got Mechwarrior Tactical Command for those who wish to take their game on the go. This has, by far, the most Battletech/Mechwarrior games released within a short period of time that I can ever recall or remember which is almost unheard of for a franchise that, outside of the hardcore like myself who have been with it since the beginning, has spanned a period of time over 25 years.

I really hope that if these games do well that we'll see more of a revival of the giant robot slash mecha genre that has languished for too long. I'd love to see a new version of Earthsiege, MechCommander, or even Shogo all of which still sit in their original boxes on a shelf at home. *happy sigh*

I really hope that if these games do well that we'll see more of a revival of the giant robot slash mecha genre that has languished for too long. I'd love to see a new version of Earthsiege, MechCommander, or even Shogo all of which still sit in their original boxes on a shelf at home. *happy sigh*

Sign me up for a new MechCommander running on Frostbyte 2.0 :nutkick: