• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 550 W

Be Quiet's Dark Power Pro 10 550 W is built on a completely new platform from FSP. It promises low noise, 80PLUS Gold efficiency and high build quality. A unique feature is an overclocking mode which lets users combine all 12V rails into a single more powerful one.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
- C(r)apXon capacitors on an alleged "high-end" PSU? Seriously FSP?
- On page 3, the photo of the OCK connector clearly shows that the filter caps are visible through the clip holes for the drive cable connectors. I'd be worried about accidentally knocking those caps when inserting the cables.
- OCK connector is white which clashes with the colour scheme. I would rather have made it red so it's still visible, but less obvious.
- No mention of the 12V power distribution when used in quad-rail mode (i.e. which connectors are powered from which rails).
- Fan connectors are a nice touch.
- Would have preferred to see the 4+4pin P4/EPS cable fixed, not just the 24pin ATX.

Sin

News Editor
- C(r)apXon capacitors on an alleged "high-end" PSU? Seriously FSP?
Nothing wrong with solid CapXon caps.
- On page 3, the photo of the OCK connector clearly shows that the filter caps are visible through the clip holes for the drive cable connectors. I'd be worried about accidentally knocking those caps when inserting the cables.
That's nonsense, being visible doesn't make them "knockable"
- OCK connector is white which clashes with the colour scheme. I would rather have made it red so it's still visible, but less obvious.
I disagree, red would have been cheesy.
- No mention of the 12V power distribution when used in quad-rail mode (i.e. which connectors are powered from which rails).
There's nothing wrong with the rail distribution, it's excellent actually.
- Fan connectors are a nice touch.
Indeed, a nice feature.
- Would have preferred to see the 4+4pin P4/EPS cable fixed, not just the 24pin ATX.
And why is that?.. personally, I would have preferred a full modular layout, adding fixed cables to a highly modular design makes Zero sense, and it's really unappealing.

ps. excellent review Crmaris, nice unit too. ;)

System Name Bang4Buck
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard MSI PRESTIGE x570 CREATION
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S36
Memory 32Gb 4400Mhz Patriot Viper Steel(Samsung B-die) @ 3800Mhz 16-16-16-32-48-1T @ 1.38v
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X
Storage Adata SX8200Pro 512Gb/2x Crucial P1 1Tb/Samsung 840 EVO/6Tb Raid -HGST Enterprise/2x IronWolf 8Tb/
Display(s) Samsung UE49KS8002 4K HDR TV (US - 9 series)
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black Usb-C
Audio Device(s) HDMI out to Denon X4400H reciever, 2x Dali Zensor 7, Dali Zensor Vokal, 2x Dali Zensor 1, Yamaha Sub
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 750W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech K520
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/spy/26216445
Nice review crmaris. It would be nice though if you would mention that the models from 850W and up are made by Seasonic and not FSP!(If you knew that)

de.das.dude

Pro Indian Modder
System Name Monke | Work Thinkpad| Old Monke
Processor Ryzen 5600X | Ryzen 5500U | FX8320
Motherboard ASRock B550 Extreme4 | ? | Asrock 990FX Extreme 4
Cooling 240mm Rad | Not needed | hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 Corsair RGB | 16 GB DDR4 3600 | 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX6700XT 12GB | Vega 8 | Sapphire Pulse RX580 8GB
Storage Samsung 980 nvme (Primary) | some samsung SSD
Display(s) Dell 2723DS | Some 14" 1080p 98%sRGB IPS | Dell 2240L
Case Ant Esports Tempered case | Thinkpad | Antec
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 | Jabra corpo stuff
Power Supply Corsair RM750e | not needed | Corsair GS 600
Mouse Logitech G400 | nipple
Keyboard Logitech G213 | stock kb is awesome | Logitech K230
VR HMD ;_;
Software Windows 10 Professional x3
Benchmark Scores There are no marks on my bench
WOW! that was a fast review!

Nice review crmaris. It would be nice though if you would mention that the models from 850W and up are made by Seasonic and not FSP!(If you knew that)

So far I don't have solid proof in my hands about this so can't make this statement/assumption :)

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Nothing wrong with solid CapXon caps.

CapXon is guilty until proven innocent in my books.

That's nonsense, being visible doesn't make them "knockable"

I didn't say it does. I would, however, appreciate it if crmaris would confirm or deny if it's a possibility.

I disagree, red would have been cheesy.

Maybe, but less obtrusive than white.

There's nothing wrong with the rail distribution, it's excellent actually.

How can you say that when you have no idea what rail feeds what connector(s)? be Quiet! could have stupidly fed all PCIe connectors off one of the fours 12V rails and no-one would know until they tried to use all those connectors and tripped the OCP (assuming the OCK wasn't set to bridge all the rails).

And why is that?.. personally, I would have preferred a full modular layout, adding fixed cables to a highly modular design makes Zero sense, and it's really unappealing.

Why produce a fully modular PSU when ALL motherboard ALWAYS need at least a 24pin ATX and a 4pin ATX12V (or a 4+4pin with newer/high-end boards)?

Sin

News Editor
CapXon is guilty until proven innocent in my books.
I won't comment on the value of that approach... though I'd like to see some dead solid caps from CapXon. :)
How can you say that when you have no idea what rail feeds what connector(s)?
That's a baseless assumption... you could have assumed the exact opposite but for some reason you're more comfortable with my presumed ignorance than my presumed knowledge on the subject.. I wonder why. :)
be Quiet! could have stupidly fed all PCIe connectors off one of the fours 12V rails and no-one would know until they tried to use all those connectors and tripped the OCP (assuming the OCK wasn't set to bridge all the rails).
Another baseless assumption... I don't quite get why you'd think that these PSUs are designed by Down's stricken, brainless earthworms.

Here you go:
12v1: 20+4pin, all Molex and SATA connectors.
12v2: 8pin EPS and 4+4pin ATX(the second 8pin EPS).
12v3: 1'st and 2'nd PCIe connectors.
12v4: 3'rd and 4'th PCIe connectors.
Why produce a fully modular PSU when ALL motherboard ALWAYS need at least a 24pin ATX and a 4pin ATX12V (or a 4+4pin with newer/high-end boards)?
Because this is a premium/high-end product, and those of us that usually buy such products are inclined to customize them, as so it would be nice to be able to fully sleeve the cables without voiding the warranty, or maybe shorten them or remake them altogether, again, without voiding the warranty.

guys sorry about the rail distribution. I had limited time to prepare and post this specific review and totally forgot to make the corresponding table for this (and to figure the rails once I took apart the PSU)

As for Capxons don't forget that we have to do with polymer caps here and not elecs. Surely Japan made would be nicer but you can't call polymer caps from a known manufacturer (Teapo and Capxon are among the known Taiwanese/Chinese caps manufacturers) as crap.

Finally about the visible caps you can't hurt them with a connector, simply as that. Only if you put a screwdriver in there and deliberately want to do so.