• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Paradyse eXtreme

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
Case : Lian Li PC-X900B
PSU : Corsair AX860i
Motherboard : Intel DZ87KLT-75K
GPU : 2* EVGA GTX 580 en SLI
CPU : Intel Core I7 4770K
RAM : Corsair Dominator Platinium 16Gb
SSD : Corsair Neutron Series GTX 240Gb
HDD : Western Digital Velociraptor 600Gb
Drive : Samsung SH-S223L
Fans : Noiseblocker

WATERCOOLING :

Pump : Laing DDC-1RT Plus
Radiator : EK CoolStream XT 360
Tank : Bitspower DDC Mini Tank
CPU's block : EK Supreme LTX Acetal + Nickel CSQ
GPU's block : EK FC580 GTX+ Acetal + Nickel
Fittings :: Bitspower
Tubes : Tygon R3603-P2 15.9/11.2mm clear
Coolant : EK-Ekoolant UV Blue

PERIPHERALS :

Speakers : Triangle Color 123
Keyboard : Corsair Vengeance K70
Mouse : Corsair Vengeance M65
Mouse mat : Corsair MM400

PX mod is a high-end computer project, with powerful components for the best eXperience. Not only a nice an tidy computer, PX can run all games and programs with the speed of a blink. All this technology is deserved by great peripherials for the ultimate entertainment.

Welcome to the eXtreme world !

Flash Gordon

Now in JP,,, used to live in EU,UK,US,HK.
I voted 5/10 because:

this is not such a value.
above 6 is too much

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
I voted 5/10 because:

above 6 is too much

Value...has what to do with what in this case? ...haters gonna hate anyway.. awesome rig dude verry clean and professional..

System Name Dell XPS 15 9560
Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1050/1080 Ti
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell P2715Q/4k Internal
Case Razer Core
Audio Device(s) Creative E5/Objective 2 Amp/Senn HD650
Mouse Logitech Proteus Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Value...has what to do with what in this case? ...haters gonna hate anyway.. awesome rig dude verry clean and professional..

Def not sure what he was referring to. Price maybe?

Professional look with the cables, and well run water loop. Stunning insides, but I do still feel the whole look is ruined with the chinsy (Yes, i have owned Lian-li's too :( ) USB front port cover, and CDROM covers.

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
Nice rig, its super tidy. What are your temps like?

Troll

I voted 5/10 because:

above 6 is too much

You gotta love how people out there are giving the low scores but dont have any cases of there own... lol, just to make up for the Troll im giving you a 10/10!!

anyways, nice case keep up the good work! ;)

By the way... just a thought but, I think you should only be able to vote if you have a case of your own up. Who's with me?????? lol

You gotta love how people out there are giving the low scores but dont have any cases of there own... lol, just to make up for the Troll im giving you a 10/10!!

anyways, nice case keep up the good work! ;)

By the way... just a thought but, I think you should only be able to vote if you have a case of your own up. Who's with me?????? lol

Im with you ... ! :)

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
I think ive seen an earlier iteration of the paradyse build somewhere before, always thought this was a fantastic build.

huge, beautiful and quiet. what else can one ask from a rig?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
6/10

Now, it is a very well crafted computer. I'm not debating that, however I'm confused by the storage solutions. The Extreme Edition costs 400 USD more than the 3930 (with only some more L3 cache and 100mhz faster,) which could have been used for a larger SSD or two in RAID-0 which would have resulted in a lot more speed than what storage solutions are chosen here. I'm also confused by the decision to go with an Intel motherboard, I find that they're a little lacking beyond what the X79 offers. All in all, it is very compute heavy with very little emphasis on storage. Maybe you don't need storage, but I would run out of space on a 90Gb drive as my OS drive very quickly and 600Gb barely holds all of my video let alone games, audio, and other software I run and have backups of. I find it hard to justify an Extreme edition, even more so when the 3960x is just a gimped 8-core processor with 6-working cores. If it actually had 8 cores that worked than it would be worth it, but it doesn't.

Huddo93

System Name Gaming Rig
Processor i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus Z77 Deluxe-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory RipjawsX 8GB @ 2133MHz 11-11-11-30
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX670 SC @ 1300MHz core
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 256GB + 1TB Samsung HDD
Display(s) 23" LG W2343T
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply Corsiar AX-850
6/10

Now, it is a very well crafted computer. I'm not debating that, however I'm confused by the storage solutions. The Extreme Edition costs 400 USD more than the 3930 (with only some more L3 cache and 100mhz faster,) which could have been used for a larger SSD or two in RAID-0 which would have resulted in a lot more speed than what storage solutions are chosen here. I'm also confused by the decision to go with an Intel motherboard, I find that they're a little lacking beyond what the X79 offers. All in all, it is very compute heavy with very little emphasis on storage. Maybe you don't need storage, but I would run out of space on a 90Gb drive as my OS drive very quickly and 600Gb barely holds all of my video let alone games, audio, and other software I run and have backups of. I find it hard to justify an Extreme edition, even more so when the 3960x is just a gimped 8-core processor with 6-working cores. If it actually had 8 cores that worked than it would be worth it, but it doesn't.

I think you have lost track for what a "Case Mod Gallery" is mate.... This is a excellent modification of this Lian Li case. This is not the place to criticize the hardware of the build, that's not the "Mod". The modification is aesthetic not hardware!

Really frustrates me when people give low scores because they don't agree with the hardware choice. Just because your budget doesn't fit this extreme high end price tag doesn't mean that it isn't warranted for someone who does have way to much money.

10/10 for the amazing case mod, hopefully no more stupid votes because people disagree with the hardware.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
6/10

Storage: My Macbook Air has a 120gb SSD.

I still have 45Gb free. How? My NAS has 8Tb. Storing locally is an awful idea for that much space. It just becomes a burden to manage at that point.

Intel Motherboard: There aren't really any crazy downsides, they have decent motherboards. It was probably chosen for the theme/asthetics of the build; blue heatsinks to match. Looks beautiful IMO.

As for the 3960, he doesn't list any overclock for it, and judging by his specs it looks like a Photoshop computer. Pretty solid build for such.

None of your "cons" are anything except flavor and build preferences; How you use your computer is different. Its a very solid set up for other tasks. It looks like it was built for reliable computing power.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1
As for the 3960, he doesn't list any overclock for it, and judging by his specs it looks like a Photoshop computer. Pretty solid build for such.

Since that is what the GTX 580s in SLI for, I think he games as well. Also I rate computers as a whole, not just how they look. Just because I don't give the same rating as you doesn't mean that I'm wrong or that you're any more right than anyone else. I already said it's a nice looking machine and I have no doubt that it is fast, I'm just saying money was invested in the wrong hardware to get a boost for what the OP says it is for.

PX mod is a high-end computer project, with powerful components for the best eXperience. Not only a nice an tidy computer, PX can run all games and programs with the speed of a blink. All this technology is deserved by great peripherials for the ultimate entertainment.
Actually the OP says nothing about Photoshop, just games. I'm even more convinced the SSD is too small for the beast of a rig that this is. I'm still convinced that a 3930k vs 3960x at stock speeds have very minimal performance improvements and that larger SSDs so you can actually install these games on the SSD would be worth it.

Someone can make a computer as pretty as they want, but if it isn't configured right what good will all the eye candy do you when you actually use the machine. That is my point.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
Actually the OP says nothing about Photoshop, just games. I'm even more convinced the SSD is too small for the beast of a rig that this is.

I didn't quote photoshop, I guessed at it. I based this off of his photographic representation of his computer; He's clearly (or got someone) not an amateur with a DSLR. Purchase dates of stuff like the GPU's are also not included, it could be a collection over time. I have a 2500K, are you going to post that an ivy bridge is a better solution? Despite you not knowing that I purchased it a year ago.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
I have a 2500K, are you going to post that an ivy bridge is a better solution? Despite you not knowing that I purchased it a year ago.

The GTX 580 is still really fast and the 3960x is still Intel's flagship CPU. I don't see how that argument has any relation to what I've been saying. I would say an IVB 3770k would be a good upgrade, but overclocking the 2500k should be more than enough for most purposes. You're right, there are no purchase dates, but that doesn't change the two points I brought up:

A: The 3960x costs 400 USD more for a little more L3 cache and 100mhz more at stock speeds.
B: The 90Gb Force GT will fill up quickly.

And all I'm saying is that choosing the 3960x over a larger or multiple larger SSDs was more of a bragging right move rather than a performance move. You don't have to be an ass because your opinion differs from mine.

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
A: The 3960x costs 400 USD more for a little more L3 cache and 100mhz more at stock speeds.
B: The 90Gb Force GT will fill up quickly.

And all I'm saying is that choosing the 3960x over a larger or multiple larger SSDs was more of a bragging right move rather than a performance move. You don't have to be an ass because your opinion differs from mine.

Personally (after having run a 550mb SSD Mushkin Chronos), I would go for CPU speed+Cache over some minute SSD speed.

Assuming you are not swapping data to/from an SSD in an active computation (quite feasable given some tasks i.e. Photoshop), a CPU would have more impact than a slightly faster SSD. In that case, a faster SSD does nothing. Why not allocate the $$ for a better CPU, which IS noticable?

SSD's are generally pretty useless for games unless your capacity is > game install size. I have 100+ steam games, and all of them installed. Why even have an SSD? I can't run my applications from them(Without spending absurd amounts in SSD space), so it provides no noticable speed increase. Application of an overclock is also a variable which can (potentially, yay luck!) be based on the CPU model used; why were AXP 2800+ mobiles used instead of 2500+ mobiles? They overclocked better. Again, the better CPU is the victor.

I'm genuinely curious as to what configuration you reccommend to actually utilize an SSD thats sub 500Gb for large game libraries (which your performance argument seems based on), when professional uses may better utilize a CPU investment.

I see you have 2x 120Gb SSD raid 0, but how would I handle my 500+ Gb game library? Buy 5 120gb SSD's? Spend $1k on 2x 500gb drives?

Edit: The builder may also potentially be uncomfortable setting up raid. I was my first time, too!

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
Personally (after having run a 550mb SSD Mushkin Chronos), I would go for CPU speed Cache over some minute SSD speed.

Performance difference between the 3930k and 3960x are minimal.

Assuming you are not swapping data to/from an SSD in an active computation (quite feasable given some tasks i.e. Photoshop), a CPU would have more impact than a slightly faster SSD. In that case, a faster SSD does nothing. Why not allocate the $$ for a better CPU, which IS noticable?

That's an argument for more memory, which skt2011 handles with ease, both CPUs have a quad channel memory controller. Also the extra cache just improves the changes you won't have to access main memory to get data, and that is highly dependant on the workload and number of threads actively running. I have swap disabled on my rig with 16gb of ram and it works just fine. Plus, using an SSD for swap just kills the SSD faster and if you're hitting swap you need more memory anyways.

SSD's are generally pretty useless for games unless your capacity is > game install size. I have 100 steam games, and all of them installed. Why even have an SSD? I can't run my applications from them(Without spending absurd amounts in SSD space), so it provides no noticable speed increase.

That is why one chooses what they want on their SSDs. I have 3x1Tb in RAID-5 for a reason...

I'm genuinely curious as to what configuration you reccommend to actually utilize an SSD thats sub 500Gb for large game libraries (which your performance argument seems based on), when professional uses may better utilize a CPU investment.

You're saying that like ~5% improvement is worth 400 USD when a very easy overclock can compensate for that, even at stock voltages. Large caches helps highly repetitive workloads, databases thrive on this kind of thing, which is why server CPUs have a larger caches. I'm saying that placing that money elsewhere would be more useful, I'm using the SSD as an example because 90Gb really is small for much of anything if he is running Windows on it.

I see you have 2x 120Gb SSD raid 0, but how would I handle my 500 Gb game library? Buy 5 120gb SSD's? Spend $1k on 2x 500gb drives?

See reply to quote #3, it applies. SSDs are expensive per gb and that is why you don't get 1TB worth of SSD. Once again, I have 3x1Tb drives for a reason. I have both so I can have storage and speed, and 95% of the time, 6-cores is not necessary for my needs, so I got the 3820.

You seem to have a really hard time understanding that all I'm saying is that paying a premium for the extreme edition doesn't buy you performance, it only buys you bragging rights and if your goal really is performance, there are a number of other things you can upgrade that will help you more than a little more cache and a slightly higher stock clock. I don't know what reviews you're looking at, but the 3960x isn't significant departure from the performance of the 3930k and bumping the multiplier by just 1 will close that gap.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
Most intense case debate ever...awesome build no matter how u look at it ....so gonna get me some 2011 loving

Processor I7-7700HQ
Memory 32GB DDR4
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Razer Core
Keyboard Logitech G910
See reply to quote #3, it applies. SSDs are expensive per gb and that is why you don't get 1TB worth of SSD. Once again, I have 3x1Tb drives for a reason. I have both so I can have storage and speed, and 95% of the time, 6-cores is not necessary for my needs, so I got the 3820.

You seem to have a really hard time understanding that all I'm saying is that paying a premium for the extreme edition doesn't buy you performance, it only buys you bragging rights and if your goal really is performance, there are a number of other things you can upgrade that will help you more than a little more cache and a slightly higher stock clock. I don't know what reviews you're looking at, but the 3960x isn't significant departure from the performance of the 3930k and bumping the multiplier by just 1 will close that gap.

Steam stores all its games where its installed. almost every game I have is on steam. I'm not "moving" steam every time I want to play a game. "picking and choosing" is not an option.

If you want to argue EE isn't worthwhile, you're running an i7. Why didn't you buy the 2500K and just spend the extra on better cooling like I did?

Seriously dude? Its his money, if he wants to enjoy the top end of the spectrum, so be it.

You're saying that like ~5% improvement is worth 400 USD when a very easy overclock can compensate for that, even at stock voltages.

As you argue SSD is a better investment for slightly faster load times. /facepalm

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
Steam stores all its games where its installed. almost every game I have is on steam. I'm not "moving" steam every time I want to play a game. "picking and choosing" is not an option.

Learn to use an NTFS junction point. If loading times are important to you it won't take long. If you're just going to complain, then there is a reason why you have a large drive. I have Steam as well, and I can tell you that it is not on my SSD for a very good reason. I mainly play Civ5 on Steam now and it already loads quickly. If it were a game like Deus Ex: Human Revolution that takes a long time to load, yeah, I would install it on the SSD (or make a junction point to at least store it on the SSD.)

If you want to argue EE isn't worthwhile, you're running an i7. Why didn't you buy the 2500K and just spend the extra on better cooling like I did?

Because gaming isn't the primary focus of my rig. I wanted VT-d for improved I/O virtualization since I run numerous VMs and I have a large video library that needs to be transcoded (500gb+), so I got an i7. I also didn't want a skt1155 rig in case I wanted more horse power and on most reviews the 3820 and 2700k are neck and neck with primary benefits on multi-threaded tasks due to the extra memory bandwidth. So I picked SB-E for my needs and saying that a 2500k fits my needs is a bit presumptive considering you didn't know what I use my rig for.

Seriously dude? Its his money, if he wants to enjoy the top end of the spectrum, so be it.

I didn't say it wasn't his money. I'm just saying it isn't money well spent if your goal is speed, because the 3930k is just as fast for 400 USD less. The 3820 when I bought it was 60 USD more than the 2500k and I can tell you that it is a lot faster than 6% in most benchmarks excluding single-threaded tasks, which should be the same per clock. EE is really just bragging rights and I think a lot of people will agree with me.

As you argue SSD is a better investment for slightly faster load times. /facepalm

I wouldn't call using an SSD a "slight improvement." But to prove my point, all I'm saying is the money for the EE isn't worth it. He could have got a 3x1TB for just as much instead of a larger SSD. Are you going to say the extra storage isn't worth it either? Just because the EE is 400 USD for 3Mb more L2 and 100mhz high stock clock doesn't mean it is worth 400 USD. For that price you could get a 2500k and a motherboard, and you're calling that worth it? No offense but your argument is pretty hollow.

If you're going to argue against my points at least argue the point and not the example I use for what that money could be used for instead...

Most intense case debate ever...awesome build no matter how u look at it ....so gonna get me some 2011 loving

One of the best investments I've ever made, that is for sure.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
Thats how to take pictures

System Name Project Evolv mATX V2
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.SKILL 3200 C14 / 1T running at 3400
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6800XT Nitro
Storage Samsung 980 pro NVMe 2TB
Display(s) Dual Samsung 27" G50A's
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX in Silver
Audio Device(s) To many to list - generally a modified E-MU 0404 combined with a Project Ember for my desktop use
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Software Win 11
Well done, Simple and clean!

Paradyse eXtreme Updated 2k13

Well... What if we make a little update to this mod ? It's what I've planned :) To come : some new hardware, but also some modding and optimizations. At this occasion, the "Paradyse Extreme" mod will be named "Paradyse eXtreme Updated".

The first step is to remove all the parts and clean this dust :

To wait until the first modifications here is a little teaser of the new CPU and motherboard, but... : which motherboard is it ? ;)