• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX Discontinues Double Lifetime Warranty with New Radeon Graphics Cards

You have issues if you found any of that unacceptable. I really have to agree with Kevin on "If you feel you were treated disrespectfully I apologize for providing you with the information of how the RMA process works."

Raw

System Name it's a computer
Processor INTEL i5-2500K OC'ed @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Z68-V DELUXE Gen3
Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SSC 4GB
Storage Intel® Solid-State Drive 730 Series SSDSC2BP240G4R5 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC
Display(s) SAMSUNG 24HD Model # 2494 Sync Master
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Gold AX850 Full Modular
Software Windows 10
You have issues if you found any of that unacceptable. I really have to agree with Kevin on "If you feel you were treated disrespectfully I apologize for providing you with the information of how the RMA process works."

I have issues?
What KIND of issues?
Please explain...this could be serious. I may have to make a quick appointment with my psycho based on your comment? OMG...more money.

I just shared the entire RMA process and how it worked for me.
It's just an FYI for the TPU folks.
I didn't say I found anything unacceptable, did I? I found the whole transaction sort of funny, you did not? Well, I did find the initial response by Kevin lacking a bit. But after that all went well and I am pleased with XFX's handling of the RMA process.
Would I buy from XFX again? No, probably not.
I personally like EVGA products and I personally have never had any EVGA product fail on me. Just luck I guess, because I understand all products can and do fail.
I have had 2 XFX graphics cards fail so far, both with very low mileage on them.
Just sayin'

Last edited:

GluteusMaximus

XFX didn't even honor their double lifetime warranty in the first place!!

I challenge you to find just ONE person who was able to take advantage of the Double Lifetime Warranty.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I share this with tongue-in-ckeek, there is humor to be found.

"eventually get to me". What does THAT mean? :eek: :shadedshu :banghead:

[ 5/13/2012 6:31:05 PM]
Item is broken. It will not run in my 16X video slot. It will run in my 8X and 4X slots. I "thought" it may have been the motherboard itself so I RMA`ed the Asus motherboard. This is not the motherboards problem, it is the XFX video cards problem. It will not work in the new motherboard either, in the 16X slot. And I then tried the XFX video card in a different machine altogether. Same thing, same problem, it will not work in the other machine either in the 16X slot. The "other" machine is also an Asus motherboard, it is a socket 775 E-8500 cpu with 8GB Ram and a Corsair HW850watt power supply. Note: I also installed a Sapphire 5870 2GB video card into both machines in their 16X slots and that card works fine in either machine.

[KEVIN_C 5/14/2012 9:48:22 PM]
Hello, I have authorized your RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) so that you can send your XFX product (M9Y03_ _ _ _) in for service. Your RMA number is XCR _0_ _5. Please copy and paste the following link into your browser,

http://xfxstorage.com/Support/pa_rma_t_ns.pdf . This form contains all the details for sending your product in for warranty service. Please read this document carefully before sending your product in. The address being used for return shipping is: _ _ _ _ N.Y., 14 _ _ _. If for some reason you need to use a different return shipping address or telephone number then please notify us immediately at rmashipping@xfxforce.com. Include your ticket number as the subject line. Changing the address in your online profile will NOT update the return address
on the RMA.

* [ 5/23/2012 12:02:13 PM]
When will I get my RMA replacement video card?
XFX received my defective XFX HD6870 Serial # M9Y03_ _ _ _ yesterday 5-22-2012. It was delivered to you via UPS and signed for by: GUETAREZ at the Front Desk at your location. UPS Tracking Number 1Z8AR41542 _ _ _644 _ _ .

[KEVIN_C 5/23/2012 4:56:40 PM]
Hello once the RMA department gets through the cards sent here before you they will eventually get to your card and when they open up your package and scan the card into our system they will respond and update you on your original ticket 405 _ _ _.

* [ 5/23/2012 11:31:00 PM]
Hi Kevin, Thanks for the response.
Sounds like from your response XFX has quite a backlog of defective RMA parts. Especially when you say "eventually get to me". What does THAT mean? When is eventually? The next day or two or the next week or two, or next month? That response you gave me doesn`t sound like your product is of a very high quality if there are a lot of returns? That makes me wonder.
Let me ask you this. May I forward these Help Desk Status notices to XFX Corporate?
What is the Corporate address for e-mail? Thank you very much for your time. OP on 5-23-2012 @ 6:31 PM EST.

[KEVIN_C 5/23/2012 11:34:36 PM]
You`ve already reached XFC corporate, we are the only service center on the continent, theres also one in europe but the main headquarters is in China. At most it should only take a few days once we receive your card to respond to your ticket that the RMA department has started testing on it. The whole process should be about 2 weeks.

* [ 5/24/2012 12:54:43 AM]
Well, that`s a more appropriate reply, thank you.
Now I can sort of plan my future time schedule regarding that computer item.
By the way, I have already contacted the following parent company of XFX via fax just for your information. I don`t want you to be blind sided by my actions. But I think your management should know the facts of how the customer is being treated.
Company: PINE Technology Holdings Limited Attn: Senior Management Address: Unit A, 32/F Manulife Tower, 169 Electric Road, North Point, Hong Kong Telephone: (852)2773-9911 FAX: (852)2334-0775

[KEVIN_C 5/24/2012 1:00:12 AM]
If you feel you were treated disrespectfully I apologize for providing you with the information of how the RMA process works.

[MICHAELC 5/24/2012 1:00:23 AM]
We have received your recent returns ref: XCR _ _7_ _. Your returns will be passed to the RMA department for testing and diagnosis. We will notify you on completion. Thank You. XFX Support Team

[MICHAELC 5/26/2012 7:06:51 PM]
Your recent returns ref: XCR _ _7_ _ has recently completed the testing process with the following status: {M9Y033272 = FAULTY}. A technician will be in contact shortly to discuss completion of this return. If you have any queries regarding this test result - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team.

[KENNY 5/29/2012 8:20:04 PM]
We have despatched your recent returns ref: XCR _0 _ _5 via www.fedex.com with tracking reference: 0293150 _ _ _ _ _ _ . If you have any queries regarding this action - please send a message to the support team. Thank You. XFX Support Team

[FEDEX.COM]
Estimated delivery Jun 7, 2012
Start to finish: 21 business days (not too bad)

Was only about 5 month ago when i sent in a 4890 and they sent a 6850 in about 2 weeks.

XFX still place for me as any cooler a company puts on a card i always end up taking it off anyways haha..

At least it's not as fucked up as eVGA are these days.

Ask the TPU member ( dm3k ) who had my 4890 of me. Best part the card was faulty and i sent it to them and they sent it to the guy and yes they do honor it so stop with the BS.

Last edited:
System Name Awesomesauce 4.3 | Laptop (MSI GE72VR 6RF Apache Pro-023)
Processor Intel Core i7-5820K 4.16GHz 1.28v/3GHz 1.05v uncore | Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 3.1GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-UD5 WiFi LGA2011-v3| Stock
Cooling Corsair H100i v2 w/ 2x EK Vardar F4-120ER + various 120/140mm case fans | Stock
Memory G.Skill RJ-4 16GB DDR4-2666 CL15 quad channel | 12GB DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid SC2 11GB @ 2012/5151 boost | NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB +200/+500 + Intel 530
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 500GB + Seagate 3TB 7200RPM + others | Kingston 256GB M.2 SATA + 1TB 7200RPM
Display(s) Acer G257HU 1440p 60Hz AH-IPS 4ms | 17.3" 1920*1080 60Hz wide angle TN notebook panel
Case Fractal Design Define XL R2 | MSI
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z | Realtek with quad stereo speakers and subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850i Platinum | 19.5v 180w Delta brick
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 | Windows 10 Home x64
I sent a ticket for the first time to XFX for a card I've had for 9 months (but didn't register until now) with a now dying fan, and I received a quick response saying they would actually ship me a new cooler and let me install it myself. I didn't hear anything for a few days after that thanks to Memorial Day weekend, but last Tuesday they told me they were shipping it out the next day via USPS. Haven't received it yet, but getting a brand new cooler no questions or payment asked seemed like decent support to me. Once I get the new cooler and install it, it goes off to Kantastic. :toast:

Raw

Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Storage Intel® Solid-State Drive 730 Series SSDSC2BP240G4R5 2.5" 240GB SATA 6Gb/s MLC
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows 10
XFX - used 6870 2x beat up

I have issues?
What KIND of issues?
Please explain...this could be serious. I may have to make a quick appointment with my psycho based on your comment? OMG...more money.

I just shared the entire RMA process and how it worked for me.
It's just an FYI for the TPU folks.
I didn't say I found anything unacceptable, did I? I found the whole transaction sort of funny, you did not? Well, I did find the initial response by Kevin lacking a bit. But after that all went well and I am pleased with XFX's handling of the RMA process.
Would I buy from XFX again? No, probably not.
I personally like EVGA products and I personally have never had any EVGA product fail on me. Just luck I guess, because I understand all products can and do fail.
I have had 2 XFX graphics cards fail so far, both with very low mileage on them.
Just sayin'

Well, I have to agree now...I DO have issues. I finally received my RMA replacement XFX 6870 2GB card from XFX yesterday.
They sent me some beat up dented, scratched up piece of junk. This thing looks like it was put through a clothes dryer.
I can't put this junk in one of my good machines, it's embarrasing. The plastic cover is total garbage. Looks terrible. Beat up bad.
Yes, I seems to work ok after checking it out. But it looks like Fred Sanford & Son owned it.
ARRRGHHHH.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Well, I have to agree now...I DO have issues. I finally received my RMA replacement XFX 6870 2GB card from XFX yesterday.
They sent me some beat up dented, scratched up piece of junk. This thing looks like it was put through a clothes dryer.
I can't put this junk in one of my good machines, it's embarrasing. The plastic cover is total garbage. Looks terrible. Beat up bad.
Yes, I seems to work ok after checking it out. But it looks like Fred Sanford & Son owned it.
ARRRGHHHH.

Never again XFX.

Would love to see some pics.

Ever thought if you sent pictures of the replacement and how beat up it was that you might get it exchanged ?.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
XFX didn't even honor their double lifetime warranty in the first place!!

I challenge you to find just ONE person who was able to take advantage of the Double Lifetime Warranty.

I accept that challenge. I am that one person. Can't say I had much issue doing so, either.

Register card to myself. Doesn't work. Submit ticket. Call up XFX, give them ticket number, get them to add it to my profile. Call them back, say thanks, submit new ticket. call them back with new ticket number, explain issue, get RMA number, RMA card.

If you go through the RMA process, without calling them...is very painful. I'll agree to that. But once on the phone...no problems.

Would love to see some pics.

Ever thought if you sent pictures of the replacement and how beat up it was that you might get it exchanged ?.

I've done this, they simply sent new replacements, with a return shipping label.

Raw

Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows 10
Hey, how can you beat that response!!!

ARRRGHHHH.

UPDATE:
I got some good news from XFX yesterday.
They are sending me a brand new cover after I told them what happened.
And the Support Team member apologized. He said that should have never happened.
Ok, so I'm pretty impressed now with their handling of the situation.
I take back everything I said. My initial contact with XFX didn't impress me but the follow up and end result did. That's whats important to me.

Here is the Support Team Final Response to me:

[MICHAELC 6/9/2012 1:40:39 AM] Hi Jack; its not a problem, we just want to make sure you end up with a fully functional card that you paid for originally, I`ll go ahead and have a new fan unit sent out for you, it won`t have any decals on the plastic part because that`s how the factory sends them to us, but they are brand new fans so it should be free of defects completely. Have a good weekend. Thanks, Michael

:)Hey, how can you beat that response!!!
I hope Michael has a good weekend himself.

Personally i only plan to buy cards with TwinFrozr (MSI), Windforce 3x (Gigabyte) or DirectCU (ASUS). I'm not going to bother with other "revolutionary" cooler designes which have never been good anyway. I used to have famous Vapor-X on Sapphire (HD6870 Toxic) and it was rubbish. Insanely loud and hot. Either the vapor chamber was broken or it was plain rubbish.

System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
UPDATE:
I got some good news from XFX yesterday.
They are sending me a brand new cover after I told them what happened.
And the Support Team member apologized. He said that should have never happened.
Ok, so I'm pretty impressed now with their handling of the situation.
I take back everything I said. My initial contact with XFX didn't impress me but the follow up and end result did. That's whats important to me.

Here is the Support Team Final Response to me:

[MICHAELC 6/9/2012 1:40:39 AM] Hi Jack; its not a problem, we just want to make sure you end up with a fully functional card that you paid for originally, I`ll go ahead and have a new fan unit sent out for you, it won`t have any decals on the plastic part because that`s how the factory sends them to us, but they are brand new fans so it should be free of defects completely. Have a good weekend. Thanks, Michael

:)Hey, how can you beat that response!!!
I hope Michael has a good weekend himself.

Yeah? Why don't you send his manager, his manager's manager, and their regional supervisor an email praising the customer service? You went the whole nine yards for some petty and trivial thing, which means you're decent enough of a human being to do the same when you get excellent customer service.

Right?

And then you can post about it on the forums. I'll be waiting to read what humor you provide next.

Raw

Cooling NOCTURA NH-C14
Case CM HAF 922
Audio Device(s) onboard
Software Windows 10
You are providing ME humor, you just don't know you are.
You seem to be pretty upset that I took a stand as a customer who spent my money and didn't like the response I got from some guy who basically blew me off initially.
Here is why you are providing ME the humor:
1. Your sig...
Brands I boycott: HP, Sony, CoolIT
Stores I boycott: Jab-Tech, Directron, Axiontech
Care to join?

Why don't you send their managers, their manager's manager, and their regional supervisors an email stating something like "I'm sorry, I really shouldn't try to influence so many others with my OPINION, which may or may not suck, in public forums"?
That would be a start towards being a nice guy or decent enough of a human being, as you put it.

2. You slapped me hard for my opinion and reverted to personally attacking me and calling me a few rotten names.

I read that and just reported you to the admins. That ended that!

3. Would you not consider your input to me trolling?

Maybe you think I'm a noob here or something because I only have 155 posts and you have over 4000.
That would not be the case.

Last edited:
System Name Dust Collector
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard Asus B550I Aorus Pro WiFi AX
Cooling Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 w/ Noctua NF-A9x14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3200MHz/CL16
Video Card(s) Power Color Red Dragon RX 5700 XT
Storage Samsung EVO+ 500GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Dan Case A4
Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
You are providing ME humor, you just don't know you are.
You seem to be pretty upset that I took a stand as a customer who spent my money and didn't like the response I got from some guy who basically blew me off initially.
Here is why you are providing ME the humor:
1. Your sig...
Brands I boycott: HP, Sony, CoolIT
Stores I boycott: Jab-Tech, Directron, Axiontech
Care to join?

Why don't you send their managers, their manager's manager, and their regional supervisors an email stating something like "I'm sorry, I really shouldn't try to influence so many others with my OPINION, which may or may not suck, in public forums"?
That would be a start towards being a nice guy or decent enough of a human being, as you put it.

2. You slapped me hard for my opinion and reverted to personally attacking me and calling me a few rotten names.

I read that and just reported you to the admins. That ended that!

3. Would you not consider your input to me trolling?

Maybe you think I'm a noob here or something because I only have 155 posts and you have over 4000.
That would not be the case.

I have my reasons for boycotting the brands/stores I do, but I assure you that it's not because some level 1 customer service representative was courteous and polite to me throughout our entire ordeal.

A few rotten names? All I said was you made an ass out of yourself. Are you really that sensitive? And I would suggest you not be so presumptuous as to refer to me as a troll. You're doing no different than what I did when I referenced your similarity to a donkey's behind.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I'm sure XFX was tired of people messing with their cards and frying them because they did something stupid. It costs a lot to pay for the mistakes of users and it makes sense that they did this because the people who are the most likely to want to try and alter the cooling and some way, shape, or form will typically have a high end card. Sounds like a cost saving strategy, I bet you it was costing the company too much money to cover stupidity under the warranty (it is a shame that a couple other things were dropped, I like it when warranties transfer from user to user though. I've still never had issues with MSI. :ohwell:

I have my reasons for boycotting the brands/stores I do, but I assure you that it's not because some level 1 customer service representative was courteous and polite to me throughout our entire ordeal.

A few rotten names? All I said was you made an ass out of yourself. Are you really that sensitive? And I would suggest you not be so presumptuous as to refer to me as a troll. You're doing no different than what I did when I referenced your similarity to a donkey's behind.

I think this flame war can stop now because quite honestly you're being an ass and it is obvious that neither of you are going to see eye to eye on this, so I would drop it. He also isn't being presumptuous by calling you a troll, you're not posting about anything useful and you're strictly insulting him. Last I checked, that is trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raw

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Considering most computer parts lables state to be installed by a A+ Certed tech or something like that. I knew about ESD before Taking that course and then plus before I joined the AF

I'm sure XFX was tired of people messing with their cards and frying them because they did something stupid. It costs a lot to pay for the mistakes of users and it makes sense that they did this because the people who are the most likely to want to try and alter the cooling and some way, shape, or form will typically have a high end card. Sounds like a cost saving strategy, I bet you it was costing the company too much money to cover stupidity under the warranty (it is a shame that a couple other things were dropped, I like it when warranties transfer from user to user though. I've still never had issues with MSI. :ohwell:

I think this flame war can stop now because quite honestly you're being an ass and it is obvious that neither of you are going to see eye to eye on this, so I would drop it. He also isn't being presumptuous by calling you a troll, you're not posting about anything useful and you're strictly insulting him. Last I checked, that is trolling.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1
Considering most computer parts lables state to be installed by a A+ Certed tech or something like that. I knew about ESD before Taking that course and then plus before I joined the AF

I kind of just skipped the A+ cert and went right for a degree in Comp Sci. Worked out pretty well to be honest.

Either way, I'm sure XFX is trying to mitigate the number of RMAs due to user error. It's just unfortunate that the people who know what they're doing have to suffer for it.

System Name Black Panther
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO Wifi 1.0
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72 360mm
Memory 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX2080 Ti Dual 11GB DDR6
Storage Samsung EVO 970 500GB SSD M.2 & 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm
Display(s) 32'' Gigabyte G32QC 2560x1440 165Hz
Case NZXT H710i Black
Audio Device(s) Razer Electra V2 & Z5500 Speakers
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850 Gold 80+
Mouse Some Corsair lost the box forgot the model
Keyboard Motospeed
Software Windows 10
With the introduction of its Radeon HD 7970 graphics cards, XFX silently discontinued its famous "double-lifetime" product warranty policy

My guess is that this doesn't apply to cards purchased before this discontinuance?
If I had bought an XFX card it meant I entered a contract with XFX to pay a given price and to get the promised warranty. They can't opt out of the warranty without rescinding the entire contract of sale. Or else compensate for loss of promised warranty.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
My guess is that this doesn't apply to cards purchased before this discontinuance?
If I had bought an XFX card it meant I entered a contract with XFX to pay a given price and to get the promised warranty. They can't opt out of the warranty without rescinding the entire contract of sale. Or else compensate for loss of promised warranty.

You could always ask them unless they have something like WD where all you do is put in the device's serial number and it will tell you the status of the warranty.