• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

wraithen

so i thought that this might solve an issue im having but perhaps not.

I have an asus p8h77-m pro (crossfire ready) motherboard, and I'm trying to get my 8800 gts (g92) to work in it(sli ready gpu), just the single video card. Plug in the card and i get no screen even though it loads windows fine (login sounds etc etc), tested cable in both slots and onboard and nothing.

installed latest version of this to see if it was the issue, still the same problem. Video card is verified as working and all instructions followed, virtualization mode enabled. Am I out of luck here?

asus p8h77-m pro
intel i5 3450
700w psu
12 gig ddr3 ram
win7 64 bit

nvidia gt520 works in the machine
nvidia 8800 gts=no video output.

Last edited:

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
so i thought that this might solve an issue im having but perhaps not.

I have an asus p8h77-m pro (crossfire ready) motherboard, and I'm trying to get my 8800 gts (g92) to work in it(sli ready gpu), just the single video card. Plug in the card and i get no screen even though it loads windows fine (login sounds etc etc), tested cable in both slots and onboard and nothing.

installed latest version of this to see if it was the issue, still the same problem. Video card is verified as working and all instructions followed, virtualization mode enabled. Am I out of luck here?

asus p8h77-m pro
intel i5 3450
700w psu
12 gig ddr3 ram
win7 64 bit

nvidia gt520 works in the machine
nvidia 8800 gts=no video output.

Are you trying to SLI the 520 with 8800 or you just want to use the 8800 alone?
If your purpose is to use the 8800 gts in the pci express alone and you do not receive any signal to the monitor, check that the card is properly installed in the slot and the power supply can give enough Amperes to the 12v rail to run the card.
Otherwise the card could be damaged and don't work.
Try to install the 8800 in another pc just to be sure...

UnDeR_EsTiMaTeD

System Name once apon a time
Processor Core 2 Duo 2.66 e8200
Motherboard Intel DP45SG
Cooling 4 normal fans
Memory 3*2gig ddr3 1666 = 6gig
Video Card(s) 2*MSI Geforce 9600GT DDR3 512MB overclocked edition
Storage seagate 250 + seagate 150
Display(s) 19 inch LG LCD + 42 inch Full HD LED
Case Coolermaster 690
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply sparta-1000w SLI ready
Software Windows 7 ultimate sp1
Any aditional information you need

just added my specs its a intel dp45sg.
Hey there and thanks
Yes i have tried this didn't work i am trying now to disable hypervisor will report shortly.

Okay after installing everything step by step once i uninstalled it and i have Disabled hypervisor on startup restarted the pc tried turning on SLI on the NVIDIA 301.42 running with hyperSLI 0.81
"NVIDIA Control panel application, 4.4.730.0 has stopped working"
now both my graphics cards are not recognized by the system and have to uninstall nvidia and reinstall to fix it

Please guys if you need anything else from me that could help sort this problem let me know, and thanks again for the help so far but i am still siting on the axact same spot with no improvement.

Look I don't care what any of you think about what I'm about to say, but here it is. I upgraded from an amd 4800+ because I could no longer win in multiplayer games because of the lack of system speed compared with new systems and the increase in cheeting(cry)(well I could win but it was very stressful). That and the fact that BF3 requires 4 gigs of ram and the DFI NF4 can't do 4 gigs at command rate 1 with stability. I had an 8800gtx on that system I could play most things because of god windows tweaks and minor overclocking. Then not long ago my DFI NF4 SLI-DR motherboard gave out and I was finally forced to upgrade. They had a deal at microcenter for a 2600K and cheapo 35 dollar GA-Z68-AP motherboard alas with only crossfire support and no SLI license. I've been using it for a few months and it has been a very satisfactory system tho a little weak on the graphics side but I had no comparison until a few days ago when I check the thread again and Anatoly had updated for Windows 8 RP support which is completely superior to Windows 7 by the way of course x64 which is the new standard. I also purchased an additional 8800gtx via ebay an evga that I then went in and tweaked in XP via nibitor. Well long story short I redid all the heatsinks(old hr-03 pluses and put artic alumina expoxy on the corners with some phobya hegrease down the centers) cost 35 dollars for the additional hr-03 plus. I can now play any game I want and the system is very responsive including crysis warhead and crysis 2(allbeit not in dx11 which I know is a huge shortcoming in deus ex so I'll probably be 680ing this fall on another system and 480ing this one possibly soon.) I've been winning in mw3 even with the cheaters tho the system is still a bit slow for bf3 maybe have to give an update on bf3 because for some reason I'm having trouble with origin lagging the browser before its even launched. This tweak works seamless and having the second gpu on pcie 4x doesnt seem to be a limitation. I now have the power of a gtx 285 and a god level 4 to 8HT(don't turn off HT use process lasso heres a hint HT is better in mw3 if your smart) processor that can play pretty much anything I want and the ingame physics are so fast it makes it all look like tinker toys(deus ex HR seems to play almost in turbo mode). I have the 302.80 drivers installed and a quick edit in msconfig loaded up anatolys bcd line(whatever is in it as easybcd doesnt seem to support windows 8 yet and i didn't take time to check another way).

All I have to say is the sli has almost doubled the visual speed of windows 8 responsiveness and made games far more responsive feels like the computer is twice as fast ty Anatoly for the greatest gaming/performance hack/tweak of all time and allowing me to pay what a total of 200+35+50(samsung 30nm lithography for lithography mhz god ram) + 50(for second 8800gtx in keeping with gtx 480 200 dollar pound for pound performance per dollar line actually better) + 8 dollars for phobya hegrease +5 dollars for artic silver alumina =s 348 total upgrade cost for a machine that feels much faster and can win any multi I want save further testing on BF3. FU Nvidia and your control of the hardware chips we have made you rich with by pissing on them with software/driver control and SLI licenses; I'll be buying 3 more of your cards this year you filthy monopolists.

Mordecai Walfish

Good luck with Call of Duty. You'll need to upgrade for BF3. I recently upgraded from using 2x8800GT's using HyperSLI to play BF3, to a single GTX-480, and the difference in incredible.

2x8800GT SLI would generally get less than acceptable frame rates even with everything on low (in 1920x1080) 8800gtx (even SLI) is still pretty much at the bottom of their 'minimum specs' for BF3 (Actually 8800GT *is* the bare minimum they list)

GTX-480 auto-defaulted everything to ultra (without AA) when I first fired it up, and is smooth as silk. If you want to pour on the AA a second would do nicely =)

Last edited:

BinaryDemon

Thank You to all the members of the HyperSli development team.

I recently purchased a used 'GTX460 2Win' (dual gpu) intending to use it to upgrade an OEM computer based on a i5-2400 + H61 motherboard but I could not get the drivers to enable SLI. After doing some more research it seems this is a common problem with the '2win' series that basically you need a SLI capable motherboard to use the card which sorta defeats the purpose. Finally I tried HyperSli and that did the trick, it works perfectly which I guess shouldnt be a surprise since it's a card designed to run in SLI. I'm not sure who deserves the blame in my situation - Nvidia or Evga, but I'm glad I finally have the card working as it was designed to be. It's just funny I had to use a 'hack' to get it working correctly. Thanks.

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Thank You to all the members of the HyperSli development team.

I recently purchased a used 'GTX460 2Win' (dual gpu) intending to use it to upgrade an OEM computer based on a i5-2400 + H61 motherboard but I could not get the drivers to enable SLI. After doing some more research it seems this is a common problem with the '2win' series that basically you need a SLI capable motherboard to use the card which sorta defeats the purpose. Finally I tried HyperSli and that did the trick, it works perfectly which I guess shouldnt be a surprise since it's a card designed to run in SLI. I'm not sure who deserves the blame in my situation - Nvidia or Evga, but I'm glad I finally have the card working as it was designed to be. It's just funny I had to use a 'hack' to get it working correctly. Thanks.

Hi there,

please for reference information (useful to others on the thread) could you specify the exact motherboard you are using?
Is it a single pci-e or it has 2 pci-e ports crossfire certified?
Indeed your blame goes to the mainboard and its license that usually is the responsible of Sli limitations. For nVidia is all about the money anyhow....

BinaryDemon

Hi there,

please for reference information (useful to others on the thread) could you specify the exact motherboard you are using?
Is it a single pci-e or it has 2 pci-e ports crossfire certified?
Indeed your blame goes to the mainboard and its license that usually is the responsible of Sli limitations. For nVidia is all about the money anyhow....

It's single pci-e, but that shouldnt matter with a dual gpu card.

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
It's single pci-e, but that shouldnt matter with a dual gpu card.

You sure?
I don't think so. This card is Sli capable on board itself, and because is SLI capable, you will
need a Sli certified motherboard. The fact that the card is one slot dual gpu doesn't mean that you can not SLi it with another GTX460 2win card, and run a quad gpu system.
When the word SLI is present, nVidia wants a SLi certified mobo, otherwise you will see under device manager the 2 chips, but those will not be able to sli under nvidia control panel, unless you use the HyperSli.
I also noticed that Evga didn't said it all when they start to sell this card, and I understand there is a little bit of confusion on this behaviour (2gpu card).

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.2GHz (Auto)
Motherboard NB: AMD 890FX + SB: AMD SB850 (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 2.0)
Cooling Air (ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler)
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) @1333 (G.SKILL ECO Series 2GB CL7D-4GBECO)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 7200 RPM WD1501FASS
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Software Win7 x64 (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601))
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
You sure?
I don't think so. This card is Sli capable on board itself, and because is SLI capable, you will
need a Sli certified motherboard. The fact that the card is one slot dual gpu doesn't mean that you can not SLi it with another GTX460 2win card, and run a quad gpu system.
When the word SLI is present, nVidia wants a SLi certified mobo, otherwise you will see under device manager the 2 chips, but those will not be able to sli under nvidia control panel, unless you use the HyperSli.
I also noticed that Evga didn't said it all when they start to sell this card, and I understand there is a little bit of confusion on this behaviour (2gpu card).

That's what he already said. I think you're arguing with a language barrier.

razaice

Processor AMD Phenom II 955 3.8 ghz
Motherboard M4A78T-E
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8 gb 1600 mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 460 SLI
Storage 120 gb Intel 320, 1 tb Caviar Black
Display(s) 27" Samsung
Case Coolermaster HAF 922
Power Supply Corsair 650tx v2
New version. new nvidia protection workaround. thanks to: federicoz45, RiC@RDOC

Jeez you guys are unstoppable. Thanks so much for keeping it going.

naber31

Hi @anatolymik, thank to you and your team for your amazing effort.

I had an issue, i can't ever get once to work HyperSLI. My Sapphire 790gx chipset mobo don't let me workaround the conflict. Im posting my BSOD's and cpu-z. I did everything that said in the forum, tried everyway i can. No results, i can't get no sli option. And the most ridicilous thing is, i couldn't ever make my pc to see my second gtx 460. Whenever i made the pc see the second card, i got BSOD's, but now i sweeped the drivers, made a clean setup, i can't ever make my second card shown in device manager. Everythings goin down. Please help.

Hi @anatolymik, thank to you and your team for your amazing effort.

I had an issue, i can't ever get once to work HyperSLI. My Sapphire 790gx chipset mobo don't let me workaround the conflict. Im posting my BSOD's and cpu-z. I did everything that said in the forum, tried everyway i can. No results, i can't get no sli option. And the most ridicilous thing is, i couldn't ever make my pc to see my second gtx 460. Whenever i made the pc see the second card, i got BSOD's, but now i sweeped the drivers, made a clean setup, i can't ever make my second card shown in device manager. Everythings goin down. Please help.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ff4lk5.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/e060sg.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/akap2o.jpg

What HyperSLI versions did you try? And what versions give BSOD?

First i tried 0.8 then the new 0.9 version, no changes.

what mode you use? software or hardware?
you get this BSOD when your second card visible to system?
you get the same BSOD with second card visible under usual Windows?

naber31

what mode you use? software or hardware?
you get this BSOD when your second card visible to system?
you get the same BSOD with second card visible under usual Windows?

Always tried hardware, but i couldn't make windows to see card at both try, but whenever i made the second card visible to system computer instantly crashed. Two cards individually ok, psu ok, but i guess i got a weird mobo.

Always tried hardware, but i couldn't make windows to see card at both try, but whenever i made the second card visible to system computer instantly crashed. Two cards individually ok, psu ok, but i guess i got a weird mobo.

it's not HyperSLI problem

federicoz45

Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Look in Bios

Thanks for your humble attention on the matter nonetheless. Keep up the good work man. :rockout:

Hi, another person got a trouble like yours on the forum, and I see that the bios is exactly the same. I remember that with some changes in bios regarding advanced chipset features > primary video controller and internal graphics configuration > chip disabled something got to work, virtualization enabled of course.

Give a look to those maybe you can try something....

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/immagine2fyu.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/528/immaginefd.jpg

naber31

Hi, another person got a trouble like yours on the forum, and I see that the bios is exactly the same. I remember that with some changes in bios regarding advanced chipset features > primary video controller and internal graphics configuration > chip disabled something got to work, virtualization enabled of course.

Give a look to those maybe you can try something....

Thanks a lot for the heads up, i think i already disabled the internal graphics and changed the primary video controller line up, still pc gave me no response. It's so weird that after i sweeped the drivers, i can't get my pc to identify the second card, it refuses the dual gfx affinity all together now. It should be about the bios, but i still couldn't find the nub.

SaZ

System Name SGC K2 -K1
Processor Intel 4790K -Intel Q9650
Motherboard Asus Z97-WS- Asus P5E64WS EVO X48
Cooling SGC Prototype-EK 240 HF+ 2x GTX295 single pcb Aquacomputer
Memory Mushkin Redline- Corsair dominator 8GB 1600MHZ
Video Card(s) Asus GTX980 DC2OC -2x Asus ENGTX295 QuadSli with DifferentSLiAuto v1.1
Storage Corsair Force GS240GB(Games+Programs)+Seagate 2TB(Storage)-OCZ Vertex 3 60GB(OS)
Display(s) 2X Samsung Syncamster P2250+Acer V243H - Acer X193w
Case Corsair 900D-Buffetti...a 13 years old case
Audio Device(s) Integrated sound card is enough for both
Power Supply Corsair TX750M-Coolermaster 650W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Win 7 Ultimate X64
Benchmark Scores K1 score Unigine Heaven dx10 2731 pts 3DMark Vantage (CPU@4GHZ-RAM@7-8-8-24) 23417 pts
Hi guys i'm still working to get my quad sli but nothing for now :banghead:

I tried hipersli 0.9 and the system gave me a BSOD.
Im running fresh win xp x64 and 285.58 nvidia drivers.
With previous version of hipersli and the ''hipersli for p5e64 ws mobo'' i cannot get sli in the nv cp.:banghead:.
What do u think guys?
I'm outa of ideas.

Im running 302.82 Win8 64 RP HyperSli 0.9. If your on a new quad disable core parking and tweak registry. Leave HT enabled use process lasso to set non ht cores for more intensive processes. BFBC2 renders perfect hud and esp team indicators but no 3d map all black. This game seems incompatible with new drivers. 304.48 Win7 64 Beta is unstable on this setup.

razaice

Processor AMD Phenom II 955 3.8 ghz
Motherboard M4A78T-E
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8 gb 1600 mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 460 SLI
Storage 120 gb Intel 320, 1 tb Caviar Black
Display(s) 27" Samsung
Case Coolermaster HAF 922
Power Supply Corsair 650tx v2
I'm having a strange issue that I think is related to the new 0.9 hypersli. Everything works great except when I shut down my computer. Half the time it shuts down correctly, but every other time it acts as if I've restarted it rather than shut it down. It's not really a problem for me, but I just thought I'd report it as an issue.