• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Strange different results in 3dmark 11 on gtx 680

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
It's not that big of a deal to loose as many FPS as you are talking about in 1 benchmark. A lot of things could have an affect..... a process started to run in the background, Too much heat, an odd driver shudder, and so on. I just wouldn't worry about the Difference in FPS between two Benchmarks.
Now if you start seeing a steady decrease in FPS.... over a short period of time. Then yes there may be an issue. Or if you see some odd pixels.... then yes I would start to look into it.

But just seeing a small decrease in score from one run to another.... don't worry. You will probably see as many increases in score for no reason as you do decreases.

SLOW-H2O

System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
In response to your other post... The GTX 580 is benching higher than the HD 7970, sorry!

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

Why is it so strange that the AMD is slower than the GTX 580? Look at their Bulldozer compared to Intel.

AMD is falling behind.

That is completely false..... I owned 2 GTX 580's, 2 HD7970's, and now 3 GTX 680's. The GTX 680 and HD7970 trade shots back and forth for the crown.... It's just a fact. I have actually psychically owned all of these cards and played with even more versions then that of all of them at work. I can confirm this.
Not to mention now with the release of the HD 7970 Ghz edition it is arguably the worlds fastest single chip video card. If you even overclock the (Reference) HD 7970 8 times out of 10 the it will beat the (Reference) GTX 680 overclocked in a benchmarking match. The GTX 680 is an awesome card that beats the reference HD 7970 Stock vs stock but barely. The GTX 580 is an awesome card and the best single GPU for a long time...... But I am sorry it is slower then the HD 7970 by a decent bit.
I'm sorry but your information is wrong.

Last edited:
Thank you all guys:) Now i am not worried:) And sorry for making second the same topic:)

Thx for all answers and help. This forum is great:!

Espiecially thx for answer of user SLOW-H20 in my second topic ( topic now is closed )

"Your problem is that you're not getting what everyone is trying to tell you so let me try to explain it another way.

You didn't lose 2fps on your second loop, you gained 2fps on your first loop because your card was cooler. A 2fps differential between hot and cool with your card is actually very good for the GTX 680. Your card is performing exactly like the one we're testing in our shop and our system isn't in a case.

I know you're worried because you spent a lot of money on the card but your card is doing well in my opinion."