• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD "Vishera" FX-Series CPU Specifications Confirmed

NHKS

I think AMD fans should buy vishera to support them if they want to see another performance desktop cpu from AMD. Because the word on the street says that they wont be doing performance desktop cpus after vishera piledriver is released.

that 'word on the street'(abt AMD's high end cpus) may have spread faster than BD's gaming capabilities, but apparently AMD has denied it according to this info and quoting AMD's reply:
AMD remains committed to the performance processor market

A high end desktop-CPU market with just Intel as player would be just boring..

AvonX

That is not true. They current don't plan to release another dedicated CPU. The next generation is suppose to be improvements in the core design, drop to smaller fab, and addition of a on-die GPU. This would bring their top end CPU's in line with Intel current model of including a on-die GPU on every chip.

The question there would be will it be wasted space or will AMD be smart enough to leverage that extra GPU to its advantage on a software side. Example: While NOT gaming, AMD ZeroCore can turn your dedicated GPU completely off and handle day to day tasks with the on-die GPU. OpenCL and Direct Compute used to run physics calculations on the on-die while dedicated card renders game. etc.

Well if that is the case, no more AMD stuff for me. :laugh:
I see no reason at all for them to stop doing dedicated desktop cpus. Since these cpus come from the server parts, i find it silly for them to don't make the extra cash.
I see bad management again for AMD. APUs are not ready for really high performance yet.
I see AMD sinking and fast. If they have the same mindset for servers as well, then they will sink for sure.

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
for most consumers here they game more, Im sure the BD shines in stuff other than gaming

BD for servers review.

I see no reason at all for them to stop doing dedicated desktop cpus. Since these cpus come from the server parts, i find it silly for them to don't make the extra cash.
I see bad management again for AMD. APUs are not ready for really high performance yet.
I see AMD sinking and fast. If they have the same mindset for servers as well, then they will sink for sure.

You do know pretty much every Intel CPU have integrated GPUs as well don't you? Even the 3770k has it.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Well if that is the case, no more AMD stuff for me.

dont be silly APU's already possess way more computational performance then Cpu's, the software stack decides what it will use, and that isnt the gpu part often enough, but Amd ,Arm ,Qualcom ,also indirectly associated but still intel and nvidia are all moveing towards a hetrogeneouse future with all cpu's configured with an on die gpu/GPGPU unit, thats ALL of them ARE makeing the same thing ,APU i believe is trademarked by AMD, but they are all makeing them and soon Arm will have a high performance APU in its IP stack, as will AMD, if you arent buying that shit then you wont be upgradeing your pc at all soon then.

APU server parts are already in the market place afaik.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Reviews, and they have horrible advertising still. It looks like something a middle school child would make to tout the benefits of them being class president.

System Name scrapper
Processor Intel i5-6600k @ 4.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z-170A
Cooling H100i
Memory Corsair Vengence 16gb ddr4 @3000
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 EVGA SC
Storage 2x 500GB Samsung 850 SSD
Display(s) CrossOver 27" 1440p LG IPS @ 120Hz
Case Corsair 650D
Power Supply AX-850W
YAYYYYYYYY I passed up on BD and am glad i did... Im looking at you 8350 and hoping for a ~$200 price tag!

I run a PII x4 955 @ 3.99Ghz day in day out and this MIGHT actually be an upgrade if it overclocks well! HerEs to hoping! (and hoping arma3 is more CPU optimized!)

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk
Cooling Dual custom loops
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 3200C14 B-Die
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Reference
Storage ADATA SX8200 480GB, Inland Premium 2TB, various HDDs
Display(s) MSI MAG341CQ
Case Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Schiit Fulla 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Titanium SE 1000W
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Drop CTRL, lubed and filmed Halo Trues
So, can anyone explain the presence of APU-specific features (AVC, "dual-graphics" [distinct from CF for AMD], eyefinity, etc.) for the FX CPUs that don't have a GPU on-board? Smells fishy to me.

AvonX

dont be silly APU's already possess way more computational performance then Cpu's, the software stack decides what it will use, and that isnt the gpu part often enough, but Amd ,Arm ,Qualcom ,also indirectly associated but still intel and nvidia are all moveing towards a hetrogeneouse future with all cpu's configured with an on die gpu/GPGPU unit, thats ALL of them ARE makeing the same thing ,APU i believe is trademarked by AMD, but they are all makeing them and soon Arm will have a high performance APU in its IP stack, as will AMD, if you arent buying that shit then you wont be upgradeing your pc at all soon then.

APU server parts are already in the market place afaik.

You cant compare those things with a dedicated cpu and a discrete graphics card for gaming.
Way more powerful than APU's currently.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten
You cant compare those things with a dedicated cpu and a discrete graphics card for gaming.
Way more powerful than APU's currently.

Yes two dedicated pieces of hardware would be faster.

How ever no where near as efficient power wise, production wise and space wise. Oh and lets not forget performance for price where they would own two dedicated pieces of hardware.

Pretty much every device in the future will be a combination of CPU/GPU AMD are right when they say the future is fusion.

AvonX

BD for servers review.

You do know pretty much every Intel CPU have integrated GPUs as well don't you? Even the 3770k has it.

You do know that the 3770k is way way faster than any AMD dedicated CPU or APU don't you?
That is the main difference. I think you may have misunderstood me.
The point that i want to make here is: Even if AMD has no plans to do dedicated cpu's they still have to innovate and push harder to be faster. Currently they really don't have those things in place. So its a big risk from my point of view to go full APU from now because they are not ready for that yet.

Last edited:

AvonX

Yes two dedicated pieces of hardware would be faster.

How ever no where near as efficient power wise, production wise and space wise. Oh and lets not forget performance for price where they would own two dedicated pieces of hardware.

Pretty much every device in the future will be a combination of CPU/GPU AMD are right when they say the future is fusion.

The only thing that Intel needs to do is to improve their integrated gpu.
I think they have already improved on that lately if i am not mistaken.
So AMD will be miles behind again soon enough in "CPU/GPU"
They still have to improve allot on the CPU side.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
You do know that the 3770k is way way faster than any AMD dedicated CPU or APU don't you?
That is the main difference. I think you may have misunderstood me.
The point that i want to make here is: Even if AMD has no plans to do dedicated cpu's they still have to innovate and push harder to be faster. Currently they really don't have those things in place. So its a big risk from my point of view to go full APU from now because they are not ready for that yet.

Ah yes I did misunderstand. But they have a lot of caching up to do (if they want to compete at the higher end) anyway so I'm not sure I agree with you. The APU technology is maturing.

Indeed they have. The HD4k GPU isn't that bad. It's not as good as AMD's offerings but it was a step forward.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel Xeon E5-1680v2
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X79
Cooling Intel AIO
Memory 8x4GB DDR3 1866MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970 SC
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB + 2x WD RE 4TB HDD
Display(s) HP ZR24w
Case Fractal Define XL Black
Audio Device(s) Schiit Modi Uber/Sony CDP-XA20ES/Pioneer CT-656>Sony TA-F630ESD>Sennheiser HD600
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

It's not a risk (Intel went full APU even tho the GPU still lacks a lot), you need to remember that it is a lot cheaper to make only one chip, AMD had to produce both Llano (which is based on the old stars core) and BD based chips.
They want to combine those two so that the production cost drops, and that is planned for the FM2 socket.

Don't forget that Trinity's GPU is still based on the VLIW4 architecture, when they introduce a GCN based APU it will bring a lot better performance (and great compute power!) and efficiency.
And looking at the Trinity benchmarks it's actually a great improvement compared to Llano.

System Name My baby
Processor Athlon II X4 620 @ 3.5GHz, 1.45v, NB @ 2700Mhz, HT @ 2700Mhz - 24hr prime95 stable
Motherboard Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
Cooling Sonic Tower Rev 2 with 120mm Akasa attached, Akasa @ Front, Xilence Red Wing 120mm @ Rear
Memory 8 GB G.Skills 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ATI ASUS Crossfire 5850
Storage Crucial MX100 SATA 2.5 SSD
Display(s) Lenovo ThinkVision 27" (LEN P27h-10)
Case Antec VSK 2000 Black Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Onkyo TX-SR309 Receiver, 2x Kef Cresta 1, 1x Kef Center 20c
Power Supply OCZ StealthXstream II 600w, 4x12v/18A, 80% efficiency.
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Ah yes I did misunderstand. But they have a lot of caching up to do (if they want to compete at the higher end) anyway so I'm not sure I agree with you. The APU technology is maturing.

The thing is neither AMD or Intel truly care about competing on the high end or low end, they only care about generating revenue.

The high end segment doesn't exist anymore in gaming like it used to. We've getting to a point where even a CPU from 2009 can play the latest games well or a cheap £50 CPU from today is plenty. There really isn't any need to spend £200+ on a high-end CPU for gaming. The high end CPU gaming market is dying and APUs are putting the last nail in the coffin.

IMO, in a decade or so there will only be APUs. And dedicated video cards will be reserved for the elite gamers whom want to SLI or CF their dedicated cards with their APU.

System Name ---
Processor FX 8350 @ 4.00 Ghz with 1.28v
Motherboard Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 v4.0, Hacked Bios F4.x
Cooling Silenx 4 pipe Tower cooler + 2 x Cougar 120mm fan, 3 x 120mm, 1 x 200 mm Red LED fan
Memory Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 16GB + Patriot Memory DDR3 1866 16GB
Video Card(s) Asus R9 290 OC @ GPU - 1050, MEM - 1300
Storage Inland 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD for OS, WDC Black - 2TB + 1TB Storage, Inland 480GB SSD - Games
Display(s) 3 x 1080P LCDs - Acer 25" + Acer 23" + HP 23"
Case AeroCool XPredator X3
Audio Device(s) Built-in Realtek
Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Modular
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
blah blah.

I guess we will know what crap shoot this is when reviews are posted.

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
Sign me up for a 95w FX-4320 please. :)

System Name Grond
Processor Ryen 5 3600x PBO ~ 4.4GHz / fabric at 1900
Motherboard MSI b550 Tomahawk
Cooling XSPC Raystorm CPU w/ am4 mounting bracket+ 2 RX360 radiator + xspc Razor R9-290 w/ backplate
Memory 32gb Crucial Ballistix @ 3800
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290 w/ XSPC Razor full cover block and backplate
Storage WD SN850 1tb-OS, SN750 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo 1tb, WD blue hdd 4tb
Display(s) Samsung 23" 120hz 3d LCD w/ 3d glasses, using 'lightboost' trick
Case NZXT H630 white watercooling case
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek ALC 1200+ Sennheiser HD 598
Power Supply XFX Pro 850 XXX semi-modular
Mouse Logitech G703 Wireless
Keyboard Steelseries 6 v2
Software Windows 10 Pro (Had some mystery error on Win7 and decided to go W10)
Just like last time, not going to expect too much from AMD. Looking forward to reviews.
Might even buy a Piledriver rig just to play with and overclock.

As a side note, I recently played some games at a friends house (dude is an AMD fanboy trapped in the AthlonXP glory days) on his Bulldozer FX-8120 rig, and everything was just fine.
If you don't measure the FPS on screen, you wouldn't know you were playing on an 'inferior' CPU. Everything was pretty smooth.

Also, it doesn't matter how improved Piledriver may be if the Intel compiler still forces all non genuine-intel CPUs to run non-optimal codepaths.

AvonX

The thing is neither AMD or Intel truly care about competing on the high end or low end, they only care about generating revenue.

The high end segment doesn't exist anymore in gaming like it used to. We've getting to a point where even a CPU from 2009 can play the latest games well or a cheap £50 CPU from today is plenty. There really isn't any need to spend £200+ on a high-end CPU for gaming. The high end CPU gaming market is dying and APUs are putting the last nail in the coffin.

IMO, in a decade or so there will only be APUs. And dedicated video cards will be reserved for the elite gamers whom want to SLI or CF their dedicated cards with their APU.

You could be correct. If that is the case, i have a great idea but i don't have the cash to do it. :laugh:
I was thinking of an all in one system. A system which would be a console for games and a pc at the same time. APU style. :laugh:

System Name Little Boy / New Guy
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / Intel Core I5 10400F
Motherboard Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate / Asus H410M Prime
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RGB / ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
Memory TeamGroup Zeus 2x16GB 3200Mhz CL16 / Teamgroup 1x16GB 3000Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) Asrock Phantom RX 6800 XT 16GB / Asus RTX 3060 Ti 8GB DUAL Mini V2
Storage Patriot Viper VPN100 Nvme 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Sata / Ultrastar 2TB / IronWolf 4TB / WD Red 8TB
Display(s) Compumax MF32C 144Hz QHD / ViewSonic OMNI 27 144Hz QHD
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A / Montech X3 Mesh
Power Supply Aresgame 850W 80+ Gold / Aerocool 850W Plus bronze
Mouse Gigabyte Force M7 Thor
Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia K8100
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits
Exciting news, not for gamers....:ohwell:
SB still wipes the floor with piledriver in games.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
One Thing I noticed is Bd was marketed incorrectly. N btw Intle at time was still using unfair business practices hence antitrust cases

HyperThreading may seem "lol" but the fact is Intel's CPU's are powerful enough that even with it being a kind of hacked on feature they shine. The numbers don't lie; http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/434?vs=287

Basically the new design caused a hit on per thread performance but you now could run 8 threads so it was supposed to be an even trade off. The downside was they didn't consider that most applications (if someone brings up compiling or video-editing I will choke them, you are incredibly niche and make up less of the market than gamers even) do not use more than 2-4 threads, so Intel's offerings and even AMD's older offerings were better. Not sure why but Tom's Hardware also noticed the FX series bottlenecked GPU's like crazy.

I hope Vishera is a marked improvement at least for AMD's sake. I honestly am pretty pleased with having gone for SB instead of waiting for BD :x

Role-reversal is fun like that. I wouldn't say BD "shines" in anything. I'm sure I'll get crucified for that, but everything I've seen indicates that in an optimal environment (basically one that heavily favors AMD) it is at least on par for SB\IB chips, but the remaining 90%+ of the time Intel edges them out. I would say this is kind of more troubling for AMD than Netburst was for Intel. Intel had tons of capital and a massive market share, so gambling on a new architecture was acceptable. AMD really has neither of those, so BD being released in the condition it was in was a huge risk. Luckily their GPU and APU sales are doing great.

System Name YautjaLord
Processor Ryzen 9 5900x @ 3700MHz
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme rev. 1.1
Cooling EK-XE360mm front/SE360mm top/3xVardar 120mm top/3xbe quiet! Light Wings 120mm High Speed PWM/etc....
Memory HyperX Predator 4x8GB 4000MHz @ 4000MHz
Video Card(s) 1xGigabyte RTX 3080 Master 10GB rev. 3.0 (watercooled)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (system)/Samsung 960 Pro M.2 NVMe (system) |Samsung T7 Shield 1TB USB Type-C
Display(s) LG 27GN950-B 4k IPS 1ms 144Hz HDR
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2 Black/Orange
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Dragonwar ELE-G4.1 laser gaming mouse 9500dpi
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro Low Profile
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2
Been visiting the front page for any info like that on daily basis: finally some info, ffs! :laugh:

Now all i need to know is when the FM2/1090FX mobos will be released. Here's for larger (16M?) L3 cache, real 10 - 15% performance improvements over BD & just about everything else BD lacked. Dreaming yeah, but you can't take it from me now, do you? :) :toast:

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores

blah blah blah blah,..

http://gmplib.org/pi-with-gmp.html
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2008/07/atom-nano-review/6/
http://www.agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_C++_Compiler

AvonX

:laugh:
Been visiting the front page for any info like that on daily basis: finally some info, ffs! :laugh:

Now all i need to know is when the FM2/1090FX mobos will be released. Here's for larger (16M?) L3 cache, real 10 - 15% performance improvements over BD & just about everything else BD lacked. Dreaming yeah, but you can't take it from me now, do you? :) :toast:

:laugh: For the 1090FX mobos i think yes you are dreaming. :laugh:
Even if they finally decide to do it, its still far away from now.
Somewhere about near the end of 2013.

System Name My pc
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Rog b450-f
Cooling Cooler master 120mm aio
Memory 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3x 3070
Storage 2tb intel nvme and 2tb generic ssd
Display(s) Generic dell 1080p overclocked to 75hz
Case Phanteks enthoo
Power Supply 650w of borderline fire hazard
Mouse Some wierd Chinese vertical mouse
Keyboard Generic mechanical keyboard
Software Windows ten

Yeah but the thing is AMDs graphics is better than intels graphics to the degree that Intels cpus are better than AMDs.

So when the software catches up with the hardware they'll both offer decent performance with AMD theoretically having better compute power. ( so better for media creation, editing,rendering and gaming)

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
looks like another fail from amd. 4.2ghz clock speed and will probably be on par with a 3ghz ivybridge using half the number of cores.
move along folks nothing to see here.

Who cares? Why is clockspeed the deciding factor here? If it pulls the same wattage who gives two flying shits if its clocked at 1ghz or 100ghz performance per watt is the only thing that should make any difference. If you think any differently maybe you should rethink things.

Well unless these new CPU's have increased their IPC rate by at least 30% over Bulldozer, which obviously they wont, they're still a waste of time.

Phenom I vs Phenom II with the increased clock speeds as long as we see a 10-15% jump it will be enough to compete in a middle of the road market. Seeing how GPU's continue to be the lag point for video gaming price point yet again will be a deciding factor for gamers.

which is fine, considering even x4 BEs gave FX 81** series a hard run while costing way less

Hence why I have not bothered to buy anything that wasn't Phenom II based. I think everyone should remember the huge performance jump from Phenom I to Phenom II.

When you use the correct programs to render BD does quite well. Weird how an Intel based rendering program favors well Intel. There is a reason AMD added certain things to its technology and it wasn't to continue using Intel styled shit.

Now personally I don't understand why everyone is against AMD improving products and releasing new chips. You do understand that if it was an Intel only market we would not see improvements like we do now, prices would skyrocket etc...Just remember on release the Athlon X2 4200+ was $537 Intel was the same pricing. I am all for a "crappy" Piledriver chip for $200. Intel can keep its $500+ chips.

Last edited: