• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Windows 8 RTM

Tried HyperSLI on Win 8 RTM (EN-PRO_VL-MSDN) and after selecting Win 8 x64 Hyper SLI it reboots and then before I can select os again on graphical bootloader. I get an odd very spartan error that does not look to be an ms error of course this is a new bootloader and everything. It asks me to hold down the power button in order to power down the machine and seems to give some memory address fails? Not trying to push anyone along I'm fine with Windows 8 Release Preview cause I really loaded that install down and it still has Aero which RTM does not and to me looks disappointing. Regardless a little fine tuning may be needed for RTM but no rush just haven't seen any posts about it so I thought I'd give a heads up. The kernel does once again feel faster tho. I don't know if thats from the lack of aero but if the freezes of Release Preview were addressed and fixed that may have a hand in it as well. Sorry I don't have a digicam and I haven't used a cellphone since the monthly bills were expensive and modern cellphones scare me so I can't post pics. Once again Anatoly I have to say it again because this tweak just keeps impressing me. This IS the greatest tweak of all time.

If this issue has already been addressed someone please straighten me out I read the thread months ago and don't have time to read it again now.

Oh yeah I forgot maybe I should add some givens. I am using Nvidia Drivers 304.79 which works perfectly on my Windows 8 Release Preview x64. I think tho this error is a pre-os pre-driver issue.

Last edited:
that's the reason i didnt want to make windows 8 supporting before release version. i'll take o look soon

Mykee36

Anyone tried the newly released 306.02 Nvidia beta driver yet with HyperSLI?

update: When I used drivers Nvidia 304.79 beta driver (also the 304.48) HyperSLI would not work for me,
I had the same problems a few others had, at bootup the screen goes black and then both my video cards crank up to 100% load.
But with the new 306.02 beta driver, HyperSLI/ and Nvidia SLI are working perfect for me, no startup problems that I had with the previous 2 betas.

Last edited:

neklec

Hello anatolymik,
I have notebook Alienware m17xr2 and 2 680m in sli.
I can't include sli in settings of the video driver, there
in general there is no such function.
I know that the same problem in m17xr2+580m sli was solved by installation of a patch of HyperSLI_0.7_beta and M17x-R2 Modified SLI Drivers.
You can find also for me the solution of this problem?
Thanks

System Name Does what I need done.
Processor Intel E6850 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo
Motherboard Foxconn Blackops X48
Cooling Thermaltake Spin-Q Cpu Cooler, 2-220mm Fans @ 2-120mm Fans
Memory 4 Gbs of Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) 2 Gigabyte GTX 550Ti
Storage WD Caviar Black 1TB, WD Caviar Green 1TB, 2 Seagate Barracuda 1TB & a Seagate Barracuda 2TB.
Display(s) Acer 27" LED Flat Monitor
Case Xclio A380BK Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Corsair TX750CMPU
Software Usually whatever I need.
Thanks all it works perfectly...well as perfect as the display driver will allow...Diablo III, City of heroes, and Star Trek Online all crash eventually sometimes with a slight black delay (2 or 4 seconds) and something about Display Driver Kernel has stopped or timed out?? sounds like this may be an issue with the cards or a setting but the SLI does enable and I dont get black screens...Dont use the 304 drivers..the 301 drivers work fine..try to up to the 304 and nothing...so why change it if something works. Also anyone have an idea whats up with this Driver Kernel timing out isssue thingy?

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
Hi, I confirm the new drivers 306.02 are working fine on my Crosshair IV formula and Hypersli 0.9

System Name Does what I need done.
Processor Intel E6850 3.0GHz Core 2 Duo
Motherboard Foxconn Blackops X48
Cooling Thermaltake Spin-Q Cpu Cooler, 2-220mm Fans @ 2-120mm Fans
Memory 4 Gbs of Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) 2 Gigabyte GTX 550Ti
Storage WD Caviar Black 1TB, WD Caviar Green 1TB, 2 Seagate Barracuda 1TB & a Seagate Barracuda 2TB.
Display(s) Acer 27" LED Flat Monitor
Case Xclio A380BK Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum
Power Supply Corsair TX750CMPU
Software Usually whatever I need.
Oooh Goody, guess I gotta try them now...Will keep yall updated on progress.

I apologize if you feel put out, but I'm glad I did because I may just continue to use release preview cause it still has aero and Win 8 RTM doesn't. :)

theonerm2

I can't get Hyper SLI working.

I've tried installing multiple times... Even tried other versions and I just cannot get the sli options to show up in the nvidia control panel. I'm running X2 GTX 460's. They are both 256-bit and have 1GB of vRAM. One card is an OEM Dell version and the other is a PNY XLR8 version. They run at slightly different clock speeds and the OEM dell version requires only 1 PCI-E power connector while the PNY version requires 2. Other than the differences mentioned the cards are exactly the same. I understand that when running in SLI that a higher clocked card will downclock to match the speed of the slower card.

I would appreciate any help to get sli working on my system. I'm running those graphics card on an ASROCK 880G PRO3 motherboard with an AMD FX 8120.

theonerm2

Got SLI working!

All I needed to do was install "DifferentSLI 301.42 modded driver." Then it worked. I'm amazed.

redlines

does any one got a download link for the hypersli 0.9 ive looked all over google and i cant seem to get it anywhere the links on main post doesn't work

if any one has hyperSLI 0.9 could you please post me a link

Last edited:

federicoz45

System Name Water Damage Inc.
Processor AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Full watercooled EK W.B. - Aquacomputer Gmbh. CPU-MB-VGA
Memory Corsair XMS3 DDR 3 8gb 1600 Mhz
Video Card(s) P.O.V. GTX 570 U.C. - EVGA GTX 570 S.C.
Storage SSD vertex 2 64 Gb - SSD Agility 4 128 Gb
Display(s) ASUS VE278Q
Case CoolerMaster CM690 Nvidia edition
Audio Device(s) Built in MB
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W
Software Windows 7 x64 ultimate
does any one got a download link for the hypersli 0.9 ive looked all over google and i cant seem to get it anywhere the links on main post doesn't work

if any one has hyperSLI 0.9 could you please post me a link

Just click hypersli 0.9 under the Anatolymik post above, it works.

nicknick

Tried HyperSLI on Win 8 RTM (EN-PRO_VL-MSDN) and after selecting Win 8 x64 Hyper SLI it reboots and then before I can select os again on graphical bootloader. I get an odd very spartan error that does not look to be an ms error of course this is a new bootloader and everything. It asks me to hold down the power button in order to power down the machine and seems to give some memory address fails? Not trying to push anyone along I'm fine with Windows 8 Release Preview cause I really loaded that install down and it still has Aero which RTM does not and to me looks disappointing. Regardless a little fine tuning may be needed for RTM but no rush just haven't seen any posts about it so I thought I'd give a heads up. The kernel does once again feel faster tho. I don't know if thats from the lack of aero but if the freezes of Release Preview were addressed and fixed that may have a hand in it as well. Sorry I don't have a digicam and I haven't used a cellphone since the monthly bills were expensive and modern cellphones scare me so I can't post pics. Once again Anatoly I have to say it again because this tweak just keeps impressing me. This IS the greatest tweak of all time.

If this issue has already been addressed someone please straighten me out I read the thread months ago and don't have time to read it again now.

Oh yeah I forgot maybe I should add some givens. I am using Nvidia Drivers 304.79 which works perfectly on my Windows 8 Release Preview x64. I think tho this error is a pre-os pre-driver issue.

i tried to use hypersli on the final version of windows 8 and after rebooting i got the same problem

Attachments

• IMAG0178.jpg
    IMAG0178.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 806

KERRMA

Processor intel 9550 2.8 ghz yorkfield
Motherboard Asus P5q-PRo
Memory 8 gig ddr2 OcZ Reaper 800 mhz
Video Card(s) 8800 GTS 512 g92 software sli :(
Storage 1 Tb samsung + 250gig samsung
Power Supply 750w chieftech
hyper sli 0.9 bsod

after installing hyper sli 0.9 i found that i am unable to boot to windows (bsod). Disabling Vt x allowed me to boot into windows with sofware sli enabled my question is why cant i boot with hardware sli. The only thing i can think of is that my sli bridge is broken casue ive tested both cards and they work fine. Could there be any software related issue ive overlooked.

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.2GHz (Auto)
Motherboard NB: AMD 890FX + SB: AMD SB850 (Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev. 2.0)
Cooling Air (ZALMAN CNPS10X Performa CPU Cooler)
Memory 8GB (4x2GB) @1333 (G.SKILL ECO Series 2GB CL7D-4GBECO)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Storage Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB 7200 RPM WD1501FASS
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Case COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Software Win7 x64 (Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601))
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
after installing hyper sli 0.9 i found that i am unable to boot to windows (bsod). Disabling Vt x allowed me to boot into windows with sofware sli enabled my question is why cant i boot with hardware sli. The only thing i can think of is that my sli bridge is broken casue ive tested both cards and they work fine. Could there be any software related issue ive overlooked.

Yes to the software issues. Disabling Vt x is a tip off to that. Vt x, or VTx, or however your BIOS labels it, enables some form of virtualization. Other people will be able to tell you exactly what it enables and how.

HyperSLI doesn't play well with other programs trying to use virtualization. If HyperSLI is active, and you start something that uses certain forms of virtualization, your computer will BSOD.

There are some different settings you can play around with in HyperSLI. I would set it to disable HyperSLI at start-up, which may help out with your problem, keep HyperSLI on software mode, and then try re-enabling VTx in your BIOS.

Programs that use virtualization include, but are not limited to, Bluestacks and most, if not all, virtual desktops.

KERRMA

Motherboard Asus P5q-PRo
hyper sli 0.9 bsod at boot hardware mode

Yes to the software issues. Disabling Vt x is a tip off to that. Vt x, or VTx, or however your BIOS labels it, enables some form of virtualization. Other people will be able to tell you exactly what it enables and how.

HyperSLI doesn't play well with other programs trying to use virtualization. If HyperSLI is active, and you start something that uses certain forms of virtualization, your computer will BSOD.

There are some different settings you can play around with in HyperSLI. I would set it to disable HyperSLI at start-up, which may help out with your problem, keep HyperSLI on software mode, and then try re-enabling VTx in your BIOS.

Programs that use virtualization include, but are not limited to, Bluestacks and most, if not all, virtual desktops.

ok i tried disabling the hypervisor and controll panel without success. Now i would need to know the driver names that hyper sli 0.9 uses so i can check which ones doesnt load. So i could narrow down the problem. Thanks in advnace

KERRMA

Motherboard Asus P5q-PRo
hyper sli 0.9 bsod at boot hardware mode Solved

Found from the boot log that avira antivirus driver wouldn t load for some reason ( caused the Bsod) avira probably use Vtx too and thus causes an conflict oh well if someone knows a good antivirus that is compatible with hyper sli 0.9 let me know.

Mordecai Walfish

Found from the boot log that avira antivirus driver wouldn t load for some reason ( caused the Bsod) avira probably use Vtx too and thus causes an conflict oh well if someone knows a good antivirus that is compatible with hyper sli 0.9 let me know.

I use Avira and have never encountered this with HyperSLI.

Perhaps it's a specific feature you have enabled in Avira that is causing this? Check to see what in Avira would use Vtx, and possibly disable it if it is not too important to you.

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 460 1GB, x2 SLI (Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1GB + MSI Hawk GeForce GTX 460 1GB)
Display(s) [1680x1050][1920x1080] (Primary: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 16:9 + Secondary: HP w2207 16:10)
Power Supply COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified
Benchmark Scores Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic: 1578; DX11, 1920x1080, Fullscreen, High, Tess Normal
Just because it failed to load doesn't mean it caused the BSOD. Plus, I as well have never had that problem with Avira.

On the off-chance it is Avira, or are looking for alternatives anyway, you can use Microsoft Security Essentials.

KERRMA

Motherboard Asus P5q-PRo
....................... it did it again

Just because it failed to load doesn't mean it caused the BSOD. Plus, I as well have never had that problem with Avira.

On the off-chance it is Avira, or are looking for alternatives anyway, you can use Microsoft Security Essentials.

It appears the system has changed somehow bsod again....... . guess u guys were right any ideas? Bsod error message (0xdeaddead) same as before. Oh well atleast i ve confirmed my sli bridge isnt broken. Or it could be you never know.........

KERRMA

Motherboard Asus P5q-PRo
after countless reboots i finally got it running again :) by reinstalling driver and hyper sli hope this victory lasts longer :D

ok after further reboots and frustrating install and uninstalls i think the problem lays in the gpu driver. It seems like something is corrupting it. Because i only manage too boot once per install to hardware mode. On system restart it starts blue screening on boot.

Last edited:

SpartanVXL

after countless reboots i finally got it running again :) by reinstalling driver and hyper sli hope this victory lasts longer :D

ok after further reboots and frustrating install and uninstalls i think the problem lays in the gpu driver. It seems like something is corrupting it. Because i only manage too boot once per install to hardware mode. On system restart it starts blue screening on boot.

Might be the driver set, nVidia jsut released 306.23 WHQL

On another note anybody else tried 306.23?

Yimmeryams

System Name Scoots
My vote is still some sort of virtualization software, in which case reinstalling the drivers, or installing a different driver version, will do nothing. Reinstalling HyperSLI probably won't do anything, either.

I would leave VTx disabled in my motherboard BIOS until I could figure out what's causing the BSODs.

Mykee36

New 306.23 drivers

Might be the driver set, nVidia jsut released 306.23 WHQL

On another note anybody else tried 306.23?

Just downloaded and installed the 306.23 drivers.
Ran a couple of games and benchmarks, no problems at bootup or with gameplay.

i7 2600k
Windows 7
Motherboard: ASROCK P67 Pro3 SE