• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus680-DC2O_gets78c on Sleeping dogs.

Well the pictures don't work for me now, but I'd guess it's just a vortex. Seriously. There is a fan mounted right behind the CPU fan in the normal orientation. Compare the two when they aren't running. It's absolutely ludicrous to think that one would behave differently than the other unless the fins are backwards, or some how your polarities are reversed and it's spinning backwards.

WEIRD!!!

THAT IS A SCREWED UP NOCTUA FAN!!!

IT should NOT be like that. I have 4 of those fans here, all of them blow OUT the label-side.

Is it possible to get a pic of that fan without it moving, so we can see the sweep of the fan blades?

I see you changed the orientation of teh CPU heatsink, that should make CPU temps better, which can lower overall case temps!

Like, is'nt that cooler supposed to support another 90mm fan or something on the under-side, blowing on the socket? I haz a confuz!!!

Guys Help Me Out,

Here Are Some Pictures, I Made Sure The CPU Fan Is Blowing on the heatsink.

{and for thoes with the comment on the hands in pictures, I Already Said That I Ask My Brother To Help Me)

These are the fans When Not Working (red lines are spin direction)

this is when only the CPU fan is working And Blowing Air (notice the Noctua Lable)

Just as I have been trying to tell you the entire time. I am giving up.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Well, after seeing the slope of the blades, I'd ahve to agree, adn the fan is mounted up-side down.

I do understand what you are seeing. Why not just try flipping the fan over and see what happens? Teh airflow created by teh fan shoudl kinda be like a tornado, the blows on the outside, but does draw some air in the middle. The actual airflwo should be a very wide circle around the out rim only, and the air is drawn over the blade edge, and then forced to hte tip of hte blade, and out, with the circular motion of the fan itself.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Depending on how strong the intake and exhaust fans are, it could be possible that the CPU fan is recyling its own air exhaust regardless of which direction the fans are spinning. Since the fan isn't blowing air back to the rear of the case, the case fan has to work harder to push air out of the case, and similarly of the front fan.

Maybe verifying that it's blowing air down by remounting the fan might help and if leaving the side panel off is helping, you might want stronger intake/exhaust fans. I would also make sure that the 680 also isn't blowing warm air back into the chassis and if it is, it could be a sign of not enough intake pressure.

Even on my Antec 1200, I have 3 120mm intake fans on the front and 2 120mm and 1 200mm exhaust fans. All it takes is the 3 intake fans to get clogged up with some dust to let temperatures go up.

Depending on how strong the intake and exhaust fans are, it could be possible that the CPU fan is recyling its own air exhaust regardless of which direction the fans are spinning. Since the fan isn't blowing air back to the rear of the case, the case fan has to work harder to push air out of the case, and similarly of the front fan.

Maybe verifying that it's blowing air down by remounting the fan might help and if leaving the side panel off is helping, you might want stronger intake/exhaust fans. I would also make sure that the 680 also isn't blowing warm air back into the chassis and if it is, it could be a sign of not enough intake pressure.

Even on my Antec 1200, I have 3 120mm intake fans on the front and 2 120mm and 1 200mm exhaust fans. All it takes is the 3 intake fans to get clogged up with some dust to let temperatures go up.

Just For The Sport, I Will Flip The CPU fan And Check (Although I Dont Believe what you described about the flame going in because of a turbulace)
[I also checked with smok and it got sucked up strait away]
-
I Mean, Logig & Expiriance say That if the CPU fan Was Blowing Air Out, THEN THE FLAME & SOME Would Have Blown Away!!!!! (Im guessing it would have been dificult to even light the lighter).
But Hey . . . . Lets Make Sure Aey..?
(but i guess its either that the polars are fliped or ...thats how the fan is)
I Said Before, The Case 120mm Noctua fans Are Working Like You Guys Said (Throwing Air on The side of the lable).
But the CPU fan.... Well you saw the pics.

Just For The Sport, I Will Flip The CPU fan And Check (Although I Dont Believe what you described about the flame going in because of a turbulace)
[I also checked with smok and it got sucked up strait away]
-
I Mean, Logig & Expiriance say That if the CPU fan Was Blowing Air Out, THEN THE FLAME & SOME Would Have Blown Away!!!!! (Im guessing it would have been dificult to even light the lighter).
But Hey . . . . Lets Make Sure Aey..?
(but i guess its either that the polars are fliped or ...thats how the fan is)
I Said Before, The Case 120mm Noctua fans Are Working Like You Guys Said (Throwing Air on The side of the lable).

This is becoming maddening.:banghead:

My point exactly.:shadedshu
There comes a point when it's pointless to argue with sheer stubbornness. Unsubbed.

This is becoming maddening.:banghead:

My point exactly.:shadedshu
There comes a point when it's pointless to argue with sheer stubbornness. Unsubbed.

OK guys, You Were Righht! Indeed!
Fan Was Fliped!
(i still dont understand how does a blowing wind could suck the air?) (flame should have been blowen away)

anyway you were right !

This is awsome, i can feel the air thrown all over the RAM. (wicked)

Checkout the new RIGHT Config Scene:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
SO, now that the CPU heatsink is sorted, how about those GPU temps? ;)

SO, now that the CPU heatsink is sorted, how about those GPU temps? ;)

GPU TEMPS ARE DOWN BY 10c

Thank you

(its 24c-27c)

(im still figuring it out how i missed this) (think i thought that the lable should have been infront, and since i saw the flame\smoke going in, i figured it was the right config)

I was way wrog!

Thank you.

Now i just need n application for controling the asus 680 fans (dont want to use the asus tweak utility)

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Ok, so, can I suggest you just leave well enough alone?

When the card gets too hot, the fans will automatically speed up. The cooler on that card is overkill compared to the stock reference fan, so that GPU in your rig will run cooler, and quieter, than any reference card.

Now, fi you notice poor perforamnce, or stability issue, then worry about changing stuff.

It's Occam's Razor, in reverse. Rather than the simplest answer...let's just keep it simple. :p

Glad things are working out better for you, now. Good luck in the future:toast:

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
As was suggested, given the known rotational direction, the angle of the fan blades should have made it obvious that it was not blowing inward. For future reference, and you can probably even verify it on these fans, the fans usually have two little arrows somewhere on the outer edge. One indicating which direction it turns, the other which direction it blows.

I'll refer you to good old Wodney...#51 - Question/Answer: Fan Airflow Direction and R...

At least you got it sorted, and yes, those are more in line with the temps you should be getting with that card.

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I would still watch you ambient temperatures inside your case, I bet you that it could be lower. Glad that it's doing better though. :toast:

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name iX299-i9-2TB
Processor i9 7900X
Motherboard ROG STRIX X299-E GAMING
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 4133MHz Quad-Channel
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT Black Edition
Storage Samsung 950 2TB NVMe m.2
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Corsair Obsidian 500D
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX Katana
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova T2 1000W Titanium
Mouse ROG Gladius II
Keyboard ROG Claymore Core + Bond
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/pr/398212
Great text mate, we all get excited about our computers...

:)

My friend,
I am sorry if my BiG red words are scorching your eyes. (realy sorry)
Like The Friend Said, It was A way To Express How Greatfull I Am For Getting The Atention & Patiance From Exp' Users.

Anyway.. no harm done i guess.
-----------------------------------------

My case Temp's were around 40c-48c during rest,
Now i can see 35c-40.
(definatly improvment).
sorry for my bad eng. - (its not my 1st lang)

Last edited:
Your English is fine, and post anyway you care to - no one likes that guy anyhow.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
My friend,
Like The Friend Said, It was A way To Express How Greatfull I Am For Getting The Atention & Patiance From Exp' Users.

Anyway.. no harm done i guess.
-----------------------------------------

My case Temp's were around 40c-48c during rest,
Now i can see 35c-40.
(definatly improvment).
sorry for my bad eng. - (its not my 1st lang)

What? I am not the one that complained about the large red fonts. So let's be specific here 1stcowgirl and MT Alex, I am not "that guy".

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Well, the last few posts doesn't really talk about the card anymore, but I would just like to say that I've seen some other Kepler cards also reach almost 80C in temps over here (my Fermi does too) when playing the game. It seems that it only happens with Nvidia cards though (or at least, HD 7800/7900 users don't complain about temps over in a "local" forum), I wonder why...

What? I am not the one that complained about the large red fonts. So let's be specific here 1stcowgirl and MT Alex, I am not "that guy".

of course your not. :)
(why would anyone think its you?) (we do have our nicknames right beside our comments)

Anyway .. Problem Solved.
I realy Enjoyed this post. If this post is what the rest of the forum looks Like then.. SHAPO!
Delicious!!!

Thank you

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
(why would anyone think its you?)

Because in your post #67 you quoted me, then said this...

"My friend,
Like The Friend Said, It was A way To Express How Greatfull I Am For Getting The Atention & Patiance From Exp' Users."

...which doesn't really make sense.

Because in your post #67 you quoted me, then said this...

"My friend,
Like The Friend Said, It was A way To Express How Greatfull I Am For Getting The Atention & Patiance From Exp' Users."

...which doesn't really make sense.

yup you right.
I quoted you, wanned to mention how helpfull yu'v been but that user just ruind my show with his comment (his comment was distracting).

So sorry for the misunderstanding

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Yeah, no harm no foul. Just sayin it's a LOT less confusing if your reply is actually aimed at the one you're quoting. :laugh: