• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Steam Games Source Code?

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Does anyone have all the source code for all their Steam games?

No? I didn't think anyone would, so let's have a contest instead.

Rules
- US members only (sorry international guys/gals, shipping is a bitch)
Edit : Non-US members that can arrange a US shipping address and get it to themselves in some manner is acceptable
- You must be willling to PM me with your real name and address.
- You must have been a member of TPU since January 2012 or earlier.
- Post all you want, but your official entry must have something stating that it is your official entry.
- The contest will end when I feel like ending it.

Contest - PAY ATTENTION !!
The lead in ...
You are an indie game developer and have created a game.
Since you love freedom you decided to not put any DRM in your game and made it available for a $5 download from your own site.
The game got rave reviews, and was promptly duplicated and distributed to everyone via torrents and whatever.
You ended up making about $1000 for your effort, while tens of thousands of copies of the game roam the wilds, free for the taking.
What you need to do ...
Post a response to all those who took your game without paying for it without using any obscenity or name calling, but which, in a humorous and eloquent fashion, trashes them.

Prize
- The winner of the prize will have to answer a simple question once they are chosen that will determine their prize.
If you feel that is too vague and the prize may not be good enough, then I suggest you don't enter the contest.
I mean, really, who in their right mind has a stealth contest AND stealth prizes?
Totally unaccpetable if you ask me, right? ;)

Disclaimer/Legal Bullshit
- This is a personal contest and by entering you will not hold me (Kreij) or TPU liable for anything that goes wrong, in any manner, whatsoever.
- All posts must adhere to the TPU guidelines of acceptable posts (whether entries or not) or you may experience the excitement of a warning, infraction or being banned.

Last edited:

Norton

Moderator - Returning from the Darkness
Staff member
System Name Main PC- Gamer- Main Cruncher/Folder and too many crunching/folding rigs
Processor Ryzen 5900X- Ryzen 5950X- Ryzen 3950X and etc...
Motherboard Asrock X570 Extreme4- MSI X570S Tomahawk MAX WiFi- MSI B450M Bazooka Max and etc...
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (dual fan)- EK 360 AIO with push/pull fans- Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT and etc...
Memory 2x16GB GSkill FlareX 3200/c14- 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600/c16- 2x16GB Team 3600/c18 and etc..
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming RX 6800- Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC- MSI Ventus GTX 1660Ti and etc...
Storage Main PC (1TB WD SN850- 2TB PNY CS 3040- 2TB Seagate Firecuda) and etc...
Display(s) Main PC (2x24" Dell UltraSharp U2414H)
Case Phanteks P600s- Seasonic Q704- Fractal Meshify C and etc...
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 THX 2.1 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 750 G3- SeaSonic DGC 750- EVGA P2 850 and etc...
Mouse G300s
Keyboard Corsair K65
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 10 Pro or Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores Why sit on the Bench when you can get in the game and Crunch!!!
Not my official entry but I almost have a feeling that you read this letter (below) from a freed slave from Tennessee to his former master (c.1865) before starting this contest.

*Note- I don't think I can top this:
Dayton, Ohio,

August 7, 1865

To My Old Master, Colonel P.H. Anderson, Big Spring, Tennessee

Sir: I got your letter, and was glad to find that you had not forgotten Jourdon, and that you wanted me to come back and live with you again, promising to do better for me than anybody else can. I have often felt uneasy about you. I thought the Yankees would have hung you long before this, for harboring Rebs they found at your house. I suppose they never heard about your going to Colonel Martin's to kill the Union soldier that was left by his company in their stable. Although you shot at me twice before I left you, I did not want to hear of your being hurt, and am glad you are still living. It would do me good to go back to the dear old home again, and see Miss Mary and Miss Martha and Allen, Esther, Green, and Lee. Give my love to them all, and tell them I hope we will meet in the better world, if not in this. I would have gone back to see you all when I was working in the Nashville Hospital, but one of the neighbors told me that Henry intended to shoot me if he ever got a chance.

I want to know particularly what the good chance is you propose to give me. I am doing tolerably well here. I get twenty-five dollars a month, with victuals and clothing; have a comfortable home for Mandy,—the folks call her Mrs. Anderson,—and the children—Milly, Jane, and Grundy—go to school and are learning well. The teacher says Grundy has a head for a preacher. They go to Sunday school, and Mandy and me attend church regularly. We are kindly treated. Sometimes we overhear others saying, "Them colored people were slaves" down in Tennessee. The children feel hurt when they hear such remarks; but I tell them it was no disgrace in Tennessee to belong to Colonel Anderson. Many darkeys would have been proud, as I used to be, to call you master. Now if you will write and say what wages you will give me, I will be better able to decide whether it would be to my advantage to move back again.

As to my freedom, which you say I can have, there is nothing to be gained on that score, as I got my free papers in 1864 from the Provost-Marshal-General of the Department of Nashville. Mandy says she would be afraid to go back without some proof that you were disposed to treat us justly and kindly; and we have concluded to test your sincerity by asking you to send us our wages for the time we served you. This will make us forget and forgive old scores, and rely on your justice and friendship in the future. I served you faithfully for thirty-two years, and Mandy twenty years. At twenty-five dollars a month for me, and two dollars a week for Mandy, our earnings would amount to eleven thousand six hundred and eighty dollars. Add to this the interest for the time our wages have been kept back, and deduct what you paid for our clothing, and three doctor's visits to me, and pulling a tooth for Mandy, and the balance will show what we are in justice entitled to. Please send the money by Adams's Express, in care of V. Winters, Esq., Dayton, Ohio. If you fail to pay us for faithful labors in the past, we can have little faith in your promises in the future. We trust the good Maker has opened your eyes to the wrongs which you and your fathers have done to me and my fathers, in making us toil for you for generations without recompense. Here I draw my wages every Saturday night; but in Tennessee there was never any pay-day for the negroes any more than for the horses and cows. Surely there will be a day of reckoning for those who defraud the laborer of his hire.

In answering this letter, please state if there would be any safety for my Milly and Jane, who are now grown up, and both good-looking girls. You know how it was with poor Matilda and Catherine. I would rather stay here and starve—and die, if it come to that—than have my girls brought to shame by the violence and wickedness of their young masters. You will also please state if there has been any schools opened for the colored children in your neighborhood. The great desire of my life now is to give my children an education, and have them form virtuous habits.

Say howdy to George Carter, and thank him for taking the pistol from you when you were shooting at me.

From your old servant,

Jourdon Anderson.

System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
Official Entry:

Why steal my work and yet not support me a a developer? Why play my game yet force me to near bankruptcy due to your piracy? It is only $5 and critics everywhere love it, surely no one is so greedy they would illegally download my game instead of paying the $5 fee? Right? Right? *goes to file bankruptcy*

Last edited:
System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Official Entry

You've stolen my efforts and I have stolen your time :) (or you could replace stolen with taken depending on which severity you are looking for)

Also can their be more than one entry per person ? Or edits to a previous entry?

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Hehe K, only you would think of a competition with a draw-them-in thread title like this! :laugh: :D

Alas, I'm based in Blighty so I'm not entering. :cry:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Also can their be more than one entry per person ? Or edits to a previous entry?

One official entry per member. Edit all you want until the contest closes.

Processor Intel i7-3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V LX
Cooling GeminII S524
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz
Video Card(s) R9 290 with NZXT G10
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 120Gb, 1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda, 3TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) 27" Achieva Shimian
Case NZXT Switch 810
Power Supply OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
Good luck to everyone who enters. I just barely qualify, so I may edit this with my entry later on.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
@Q : I'm not drawing people in ... the gamers should be familiar with my obscure contests by now.
@Novulux : Your join date qualifies you as long as you are a US member. There is no post count requirement.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X12 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei RAW
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
But, but, but what if they don't deserve trashing? It's not right to berate people that may simply be unable to afford it. :(

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Kreij can I enter since I am a past winner?

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Official Entry

The pirating thing is bad. The people it hurts the most are the ones you least think it hurts. It's not the big Britney Spears albums that are being pirated; it's the indie bands that don't have two cents to their name and also pirating is surrealism and so, in a curious way, is Father of the Bride. How much greater would our contributions to the U.S. economy be if U.S. copyright owners could access foreign markets otherwise dominated by pirate product? What you have done is took the crystal meth from my nose and put it in the hands of terrorists! Think about that tonight when you are playing my habit supporting glorious game and be prepared cause I'll swab your poop deck!

Thanks for playing my game. Hope you enjoyed it.

(Not entering)

Neat contest.

STCNE

System Name Lycanthropy
Processor i5 2500K
Motherboard ECS p67-h2a2
Memory 8GB Muskin Radioactive Series
Video Card(s) MSI R7770
Case Lancool K62
Audio Device(s) Ultra-Fi Dac41, Vintage Sherwood amp, STAX SR-5 Headphones
Power Supply XFX 850W
Software Win 7 64-Bit(Tried Win8 and never going back)
Benchmark Scores Reboots in 35 seconds flat, with a standard HDD. I'm a bit of an OCD tweaker. Using less than 100GB
Official entry:

It sure is great having thousands of fans out there playing my game, but it's unfortunate that most of you don't think the game good enough to be worth paying for. Well, good news everyone. Ubisoft/EA/Pitsofhell inc. do think it's worth paying for and I've decided to sell them the IP. No more ramen for me, and no good sequel for you.

Stay gaming my friends,
Forgotten Indie Dev

PS: that guy who spent $2500 on my kickstarter to get a statue of himself in game and then put in a fraud claim with the credit card company. One of my terms of sale is that your model will be used for all highwaymen in the game. It just seemed fitting.

Last edited:
System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Official Entry

A letter of no consequence,

First of all I would like to start off by thanking all of you who purchased my game; those 2 whole weeks of being able to afford food and gas were wonderful. I would also like to thank HostGator for making it easy to setup my game site complete with downloads and PayPal. Don’t worry I fully understand that you’ve since shut the site down. After all, my crime of being one whole day late with the payment was unforgivable. I also fully understand that wiping all of my content was a necessity as others who pay on time or early really did need the space and holding it for just 1 extra day would not have done anyone any favors.

While I’m in a thanking mood I would like to thank all the sites who took their time and donated their resources to redistribute my game all over the web. It was really wonderful to see my game being made available all over the internet so that everyone had access to it. I would also like to thank those sites for their sobering remarks to my cease and desist letters. Without those responses I would have never known what a whore my mother was or how truly unintelligent I am. After all anyone can make video games these days. Anyone else would have done a much better job with far fewer resources and in less time than it took me. Plus you are correct that I truly was being selfish in wanting to be able to afford luxuries like shelter and running water.

Lastly I would like to thank all of those who took the time to download my game from the above mentioned download sites. It’s wonderful to see everyone enjoying my game despite my selfishly high price of 5$. I see now giving your game away is far more rewarding than actually being paid for your efforts. Why just the other day I was walking down the street and saw one of those caricature artists drawing a picture of a couple. He had just finished the portrait, a wonderful job, and then was turning to get his money jar out for payment. The look on his face when the couple promptly ran off with the portrait without paying was priceless. I said to myself “now that’s how you know you’ve made it.” Surely the paltry sum wouldn’t hurt the artist? I mean his worn-out payless shoes and well faded bargain bin jeans sure looked expensive. I realized then that I was so foolish to put my game for sale. I should have just given it away for free. After all I’m doing well. The landlord at my building said he’d give me 7 whole days before he kicks me out and I just found this apple core on the ground that looks like there’s still some apple on it.

I hope to continue to see the download numbers spike, it really is wonderful to see that over 100,000 people have downloaded my game. I see some of you out there are looking forward to the sequel as well. While I don’t have any hard dates now I should have something out in the next 10 years or so. That timeline could improve if I find someplace to live that offers free power.

Respectively yours,

Yogurt.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Official

A big thank you to the honorable users which purchased my software. You understand and respect the time and effort spent making this game. While most of you will simply cite "enjoyment" as your reason to purchase, let me also cite "freedom". Because with this purchase you supported the movement to produce software free of Digital Rights Management. It's not just the bane of users, but an affront to the basic human right of innocent until proven guiltly! I can't include protection that counters such an ingrained belief.

As for the rest of you, I thank you as well. While I didn't include Digital Rights Management, it does have another form of DRM - Digital Revenge Management - and you have been proven guilty. By obtaining my software through illegitimate means, a backdoor was opened and I made $5 from each machine by selling access.

Russian

i thought these were suppose to be comical....i made a sick funny rhyming poem for piracy but since my join date fails i guess i cant win this one :(

Norton

Moderator - Returning from the Darkness
Staff member
System Name Main PC- Gamer- Main Cruncher/Folder and too many crunching/folding rigs
Processor Ryzen 5900X- Ryzen 5950X- Ryzen 3950X and etc...
Motherboard Asrock X570 Extreme4- MSI X570S Tomahawk MAX WiFi- MSI B450M Bazooka Max and etc...
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S (dual fan)- EK 360 AIO with push/pull fans- Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT and etc...
Memory 2x16GB GSkill FlareX 3200/c14- 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3600/c16- 2x16GB Team 3600/c18 and etc..
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming RX 6800- Asus RTX 3070 TUF OC- MSI Ventus GTX 1660Ti and etc...
Storage Main PC (1TB WD SN850- 2TB PNY CS 3040- 2TB Seagate Firecuda) and etc...
Display(s) Main PC (2x24" Dell UltraSharp U2414H)
Case Phanteks P600s- Seasonic Q704- Fractal Meshify C and etc...
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 THX 2.1 speakers
Power Supply EVGA 750 G3- SeaSonic DGC 750- EVGA P2 850 and etc...
Mouse G300s
Keyboard Corsair K65
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 10 Pro or Ubuntu
Benchmark Scores Why sit on the Bench when you can get in the game and Crunch!!!
and I just found this apple core on the ground that looks like there’s still some apple on it.

I was enjoying your response up until this point ^^... now I have to clean the coffee I was drinking off of my monitor and keyboard :laugh:

:toast:

System Name Cool Runnings Mark 2
Processor i7 4770k No OC
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPower
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory GSkill TridentX 2400MHz 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Ti Duke, EVGA GTX 780 AC+
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, 3 more HDDs
Display(s) 2x MSI 32" 2560 x 1440 144Hz Optix MAG321CQR, Acer G276HLDbd Black 27" 6ms
Case Corsair 600t
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard Steelseries Merc Stealth
Software Win10 Pro 64-bit
i thought these were suppose to be comical....i made a sick funny rhyming poem for piracy but since my join date fails i guess i cant win this one :(

post it anyway, we all need the laughs

Official Entry:

To all who have supported this endeavor, I thank you. Every single game is a labor of love, at least when you're your own publisher.

That said, I think it's time to update everyone on the status of the game:
Copies legally distributed: 200
Copies illegally distributed: 10,145

If this were a torrent, my game would have a ratio of 0.019:1. I don't know what trackers you use, but that'd get me banned from mine.

I'm a good sport. It's depressing to see your game stolen so often, but name calling and finger pointing are completely useless. In preparation for something like this, I've included a little something special in the latest patch. Those of you who have paid for copies will be seeing the patch in your inbox shortly, and should install the patch immediately.

It seems as though I have made an error in coding. One person, poorly compensated, you might be able to understand why. Apparently the game save files begin to exponentially expand in size, as more of them are created. Additionally, a bug in the memory allocation seems to be preventing release of memory even after the program shuts down. The net influence is completely filling a 500 GB hard drive with data inside within 20 hours of game play. The memory allocation bug has apparently forced some systems to require a paging file of more than 20 GB.

If anyone would like the patch to fix these issues it will be available for $10 on my website. A portion of each download will be used to get a free copy of my next game out to anyone who legally purchased the first game. Loyalty should always be rewarded. In the future I will dedicate more time to patching bugs prior to launch, given adequate funding.

Again, my deepest thanks to those that have supported this game. It would not have been possible without your generosity. Those that are currently enjoying the game gratis, consider that actions always have consequences. Remember, even pirates can get the scurvey!

Last edited:
System Name Torquey Vulture
Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 MiniITX
Cooling DDC water loop, EK block
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1070
Storage 500gb NVME; some Phat HDDs
Display(s) Achieva Shimian 27" 2560x1440
Case Thermaltake V1 MiniITX
Power Supply EVGA supernova 850 G2
Mouse Corsair Harpoon
Keyboard Possibly the cheapest you can buy. Shift key broke recently. Space sounds like I'm kicking a ham
Software Windows 10
I'm gonna have to think about this one. Yogurt did pretty awesome

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I'm gonna have to think about this one. Yogurt did pretty awesome

I do like the fact that several people jumped right in to set the bar high from the beginning.
Makes the contests a lot more fun and interest.
I do, however, have faith that you guys and gals will give them a run for their money.
Remember, you can edit/change an entry at any time and since you don't know what the prize will be it's up to you to determine if it will be worth the effort.

In other words ... bump.

Morgoth

Fueled by Sapphire
System Name Wopr "War Operation Plan Response"
Processor 5900x ryzen 9 12 cores 24 threads
Motherboard aorus x570 pro
Cooling air (GPU Liquid graphene) rad outside case mounted 120mm 68mm thick
Memory kingston 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ecc 2x16gb
Video Card(s) sapphire RX 6950 xt Nitro+ 16gb
Storage 300gb hdd OS backup. Crucial 500gb ssd OS. 6tb raid 1 hdd. 1.8tb pci-e nytro warp drive LSI
Display(s) AOC display 1080p
Case SilverStone SST-CS380 V2
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 850MX watt
Mouse corsair gaming mouse
Keyboard Microsoft brand
Software Windows 10 pro 64bit, Luxion Keyshot 7, fusion 360, steam
Benchmark Scores timespy 19 104
My entry
Dear Capcom,

Greetings! I am Morgoth, Project Leader for the Biohazard Project which is a Map project for the Half-Life 2 modification No More Room in Hell, and soon to be a standalone mod of it's own. What is The Biohazard Project you ask? The Biohazard Project is a collection of classic scenario's based on the events of the popular Resident Evil franchise which you have so masterfully created. We aim on delivering the best nostalgia injected experiences on the Source Engine in a new and exciting way for old and new fans to enjoy.This mod is a total source conversion and will include all new player models, brand new firearms, thrilling and gripping scenes, heavily detailed maps, multiple game modes, and all new scores that set the mood and keep you on your toes. We do not plan on using any of the original content in any of the Resident Evil games, as this would be illegal. We are creating all of our own assests and maps, based off of the originals which are featured in your games. The reason I have contacted you is to inquire whether or not we would be able to sell merchandise featuring our own logo to increase funds to pay the bills of servers and other assests that keep our Modification going. We would also be accepting donations for the same reasons. We however, will not be selling the Modification, as this is a direct violation of copyrights for the Source Engine and Valve. We do not wish to advance the selling of merchandise and acception of donations without your proper consent. If you wish to look at more information regarding our team and mod, please feel free to visit our Moddb page here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/biohazard-project
Our Website and Forums are located here: http://biohazardproject.net76.net
And I can be contacted personally here via this email: dafh_terminator@msn.com

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and have a nice day.

All the best,
- Morgoth and the Biohazard Project Team

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
Why doesn't one just accept donations? Your stuff is going to get pirated no matter what. Letter or not. Tell people that you feel your game is worth $5 if they so wish to pay that else they can pay however much they can/want. If things do get tough financially inform the public that another game may not be likely or support for current game will end soon due to low funds and if people care they will support.

If your game is any good people will donate. Also what Notch did was top notch. Get players to pay less for Beta's then charge more with features as they are added. I think notch even had text somewhere along of the lines of "You are playing a bootleg minecraft :( I hope you enjoy the game but please show your support buy getting the game". That isn't verbatim but that was the gist of it.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
What do the last two post have to do with this contest?