• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Call of Duty Under Religious Fire

Is this the right decision?

• Yes

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 30 85.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the same reason why the average amount of Christians who go to church each week are dropping in numbers (worldwide level) faster than ton of bricks and the amount of muslims who go to mosque are sky rocketing?

or another way, stronger/determined faith?

i say that as an atheist. i agreed with you on most points until you used the fact that Christians don't behave as religiously as Muslims as a counter to the Muslim argument

+1
Im muslim myself, and I sure do not appreciate this, and if it was a cross instead of this frame I wouldnt appreciate it either. however I sure wont go out of my way to defend christianity because its not my faith, thats up to christians to do and I sure wont blame them if they do(offcourse aslong as its in good manners and without crossing anyone elses boundaries just like this video).
its funny all i see in this thread is question marks, now to clear things up for people to maybe understand is that us muslims feel stronger about our religion than race/culture/nationality so when you offend our religion its like offending an african person about his color, now whether you find this ridiculous or not is up to you, but thats how strong we feel about islam, therefore comparing us with other religions probably isnt a fair comparison

on another note im studying digital design/video game modeling and i know very well how much work is put in to design models for games, so i hardly think it was an accident designing the frame, however unless this is the only place its found in the game(which i hightly doubt) then we can say its intentional, otherwise its probably just randomly placed in there from the cod library.

Processor i9 9900KS ( 5 Ghz all the time )
Motherboard Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390
Cooling EK Velocity + EK D5 pump + Alphacool full copper silver 360mm radiator
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator GT ROG Edition 3333 Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti 12GB OC
Storage M.2 Samsung NVMe 970 Evo Plus 250 GB + 1TB 970 Evo Plus
Display(s) Asus PG279 IPS 1440p 165Hz G-sync
Case Cooler Master H500
Power Supply Asus ROG Thor 850W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Rapoo
Software Win 10 64 Bit
and they realize it only now?...

Processor C2D E8400@3.9GHz (488x8, 1.4v :( )
Motherboard Abit IP35-E
Cooling Thermaltake Sonic Tower+120mm fan
Memory 2GB kingmax ddr1066@976MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Radeon X1800GTO @700/1400MHz with Accelero S1+Glacialtech fancard
Storage 2xSeagate Barracuda 7200.10 160GB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 793s... just you laugh...
Case some Aplus case
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC888
Power Supply Chieftec 450W
Software Win7 x64
Play nice this thread will get closed fast. This is about a game. Now God is laughing!

i know i know but stuff like this gets me pretty infuriated, i hate biggotry. all the cursing has a point here, if one biggot reads this, cursing gets the message through his skull and he sees the light i wouldn't feel bad even about getting permabanned. :toast:

this thread is most likely getting nuked anyways.

Pekanbaru - Riau - Indonesia - Earth - Universe
System Name My Best Friend...
Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 650
Motherboard Made By Xiaomi
Cooling Air and My Hands :)
Memory 3GB LPDDR3
Video Card(s) Adreno 510
Storage Sandisk 32GB SDHC Class 10
Display(s) 5.5" 1080p IPS BOE
Case Made By Xiaomi
Audio Device(s) Snapdragon ?
Power Supply 2A Adapter
Mouse On Screen
Keyboard On Screen
Software Android 6.0.1
Benchmark Scores 90339
:)

he has a point there. muslims behave like fucking fanatics. muslim minority wants to build a mosque in europe? everything's cool. christian minority want to build a church in (i forgot where, some hc islamic country, i read about it in the papers recently... brain fart)? BURN THEM!!!

I guess that's in my country Indonesia right?

ahh dude, I wish I can explain you about that... but for your info there is an act from our Ulama and MUI about that, and they've meet each other. as far as I know, the solution was good but unfortunately it's very sensitive if I say why that thing happen and I think have no right to tell it, because I'm worry what if I'm wrong how to say it.:eek:

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Any time you put politics or religion in any thing nothing good can come of it. This is just not the place for this thread. WE have to agree to disagree at some point and try to co-exist as one. This means every one!

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
This has gotten way out of hand.

While the devs who worked on this game probably put the picture in the toilet for a laugh and made a bet to see if anyone would ever see it let alone pay attention long enough to read it, I believe that insulting Islam was probably the last thing on their minds.

This is the 21st century, we all say that we are more civilised but it takes only a small minority to ruin it for everyone.

as much as I think EVERYONE deserves respect firstly as a fellow human being. there are races and cultures that dont see it this way.

We have come far since the dark ages. I am in no position to tell people what to do but as much as i respect everyones religions, cultures and races equally. I have to say that I think that the Islamic community needs to calm down a little. Did not the Prophet Mohammed and Allah preach forgiveness Just like any faith or religion.

my only wish is for people to get along and not hold so much animosity against each other.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
+1
Im muslim myself, and I sure do not appreciate this, and if it was a cross instead of this frame I wouldnt appreciate it either. however I sure wont go out of my way to defend christianity because its not my faith, thats up to christians to do and I sure wont blame them if they do(offcourse aslong as its in good manners and without crossing anyone elses boundaries just like this video).
its funny all i see in this thread is question marks, now to clear things up for people to maybe understand is that us muslims feel stronger about our religion than race/culture/nationality so when you offend our religion its like offending an african person about his color, now whether you find this ridiculous or not is up to you, but thats how strong we feel about islam, therefore comparing us with other religions probably isnt a fair comparison

on another note im studying digital design/video game modeling and i know very well how much work is put in to design models for games, so i hardly think it was an accident designing the frame, however unless this is the only place its found in the game(which i hightly doubt) then we can say its intentional, otherwise its probably just randomly placed in there from the cod library.

Christians complain all the time. No one listens. The difference is there is no perceived threat of violence. Most Christians simply don't buy the game if they find it offensive.....as I believe most Muslims will do the same. However don't think for a second Activision is doing it to please moderate Muslims. They are doing it because they don't wanna get blown up by the dumb asses looking for an excuse to attack a western establishment. Islam is irrelevant to Activision. Its the fear they have of extremists.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Activision is scared shitless now! Retract!!!! Retract!!!!! Will fix this! Hold on people! We are sorry! The joke is on them really. They knew and they know they knew!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Activision is scared shitless now! Retract!!!! Retract!!!!! Will fix this! Hold on people! We are sorry! The joke is on them really. They knew and they know they knew!

I doubt they knew. I bet some artist typed in "Muslim picture frame" into google images and found a picture. Made a texture and uploaded it to the server having NO IDEA what it says.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
I doubt they knew. I bet some artist typed in "Muslim picture frame" into google images and found a picture. Made a texture and uploaded it to the server having NO IDEA what it says.

Perhaps.

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Yet they can do whatever they want to Christians and face no backlash. Heh, such a double standard in the world because one will go on a rampage at the first sign of offense. Who cares...let them riot and get mad, kill their own people. Grow a backbone world. We spend far too much time worrying about offending everyone. Specially about those who don't do the same. They don't obsess about offending us. We've long since taken up the "Don't tread on me," welcome mat and put out the "Tread on me harder!" welcome mat. Super M!! heh

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Yet they can do whatever they want to Christians and face no backlash. Heh, such a double standard in the world because one will go on a rampage at the first sign of offense. Who cares...let them riot and get mad, kill their own people. Grow a backbone world. We spend far too much time worrying about offending everyone. Specially about those who don't do the same. They don't obsess about offending us. We've long since taken up the "Don't tread on me," welcome mat and put out the "Tread on me harder!" welcome mat. Super M!! heh

Agreed. :rockout:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

On the other hand, if all it takes is the removal of some texture... I get that it's the point that counts, but still.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
it is wrong that a minority of muslims go crazy when their religion is made fun off BUT it is wrong because common sense tells us so. the fact that christian fundamentalists are hardly heard off should not dictate the righteousness/wrongness of muslim fundamentalists.

Ah ok. Now I understand. No I agree with you. I'm not saying any one religion is better then another. What I am saying is the threat of violence under ANY mask shouldn't be tolerated. However Activision is caving to a single youtube video under a presumed violence by a few people who hide behind the vail of religion. My point is they should do it for ALL religious material if they do it for one. But they won't and the more people cave to that presumed violence the stronger and more validated the extremists will get.

Do I agree with the texture? No. But you pull that texture you better be ready to pull ANYTHING offensive to ANYONE.

Phusius

Processor i5-2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard Asus Z68 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7950 @ 1200/1475 @ 1175v
Display(s) Dell 23" 2ms
Case Carbide 500r
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG
so many have died cause of these religious leaders, fuck it bro, let this hottie dance on top of me crank some music and drink some coke and rum, ftw :toast:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Damn,
there goes my Allah Wake franchise.

But seriously, any publisher needs to be very careful what they put out especially when there is a modicum of stereotyping involved.

I'm sure a game that portrayed a Priest as a Paedo would make the Vatican a bit angry. Or something that portrayed Jesus in a controversial way. NO wait, we had Temptation of the Christ. And also the 'Life of Brian' was banned in Ireland. Christians react this way too you know. Religion is such a nuisance when it comes to freedom of speech.

Game developers should leave religious connotations out of games period. Unless they have the balls to follow through with their production.

People of any belief are prone to get pissed at something.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
Maybe this has been addressed earlier? I skimmed but I'm seeing a lot of f-bombs being dropped and they seem to be dropping out of frustration. Could we calm down the language? There's no need to be f-ing all over a topic that has swayed to people's beliefs. As much as I recommend leaving spiritualism @home that's no reason to bring out the nasty stuff in a discussion where we should be respectful.

System Name PC
Processor Intel i5-3570K @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Cooler Master V8
Memory G.SKILL RipjawsX 4x4GB DDR3 1600Mhz (F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXM)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 970 (GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD, rev. 1.0)
Storage Intel 530 180GB + Intel 520 120GB + multiple HDDs
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2770 via DVI
Case Antec Eleven Hundred
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply CORSAIR AX760
Software Windows 7 Pro x64 (w/ all updates + SP1)
But it's OK for arabs to fly planes into buildings in the name of allah...or is it ahmed, muhamad sorry what's the guy's name they keep killing people for (including their own)?

Ok that was the most ignorant comment I've ever written but I just had to. Sorry.

Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Its the fear they have of extremists.

Negative.

It's the fear of getting $20,000,000 profit vs. $50,000,000 profit. Not that I'm saying it could shift all that way, but even a possibility of losing a few thousand worth of profit is what scares companies like Activision.
If Activision actually did see the future and saw that if they didn't release a statement apologizing it wouldn't affect them in the slightest, I guarantee they wouldn't have any qualms about leaving it in the game.

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
But it's OK for arabs to fly planes into buildings in the name of allah...or is it ahmed, muhamad sorry what's the guy's name they keep killing people for (including their own)?

Ok that was the most ignorant comment I've ever written but I just had to. Sorry.

Yes is was very ignorant. We can forgive you.

System Name my box
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi x470 Ultimate
Cooling NZXT Kraken x72
Memory 2×16GiB @ 3200MHz, some Corsair RGB led meme crap
Video Card(s) AMD [ASUS ROG STRIX] Radeon RX Vega64 [OC Edition]
Storage Samsung 970 Pro && 2× Seagate IronWolf Pro 4TB in Raid 1
Display(s) Asus VG278H + Asus VH226H
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black TG
Audio Device(s) Using optical S/PDIF output lol
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
Mouse Razer Naga Epic
Keyboard Keychron Q1
Software Funtoo Linux
Benchmark Scores 217634.24 BogoMIPS
Its cowardice. No. Activation is just scared they will get blown up if they do not bow down to threats.

No, they are afraid of The Man. While The Man is afraid to loose ratings for "not stopping terrorism while before it got big enough to bomb us taxpayers". This might sound cynical, but please, give it some thought.
(I hope You guys will correctly interpret what I mean by "The Man".)

Yup, because that's name of God of One religion

'cept that it's not. I won't go into details myself, 'cause others already did a pretty good job in it here Allah on Wikipedia
Especially the third sentence in the article and these paragraphs: usage in Christianity and usage in Judasim

We need an emoticon for "mind blown" here.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
If we met at a bar, the night wouldn't end well for either of us. If you come at me spitting out hate speech about whatever race or religion that I happen to be apart of, I'm going to go through the 3-step calmdown program with you. 1st time, I ask nicely for the person to stop. 2nd time, I ask again nicely for the person to stop. 3rd time, I become intimidating, almost provoking in a sense that I let you know that I will fight for my race/religion. I am free to write/say/do whatever I want as well. Just be sure to accept any consequences of the actions you take.

I don't think something of this nature can be called an "accident". On any given COD game, I could only IMAGINE how many people put their time into making a game of such large proportions. In ALL of those people, you tell me nobody who worked on that game KNEW what they were doing when they put that tasteless text/image in the bathroom? I don't know.

So to prove that Muslims are OK with the rest of the world and secure the first thing they do is to threaten others. Good job.

If you can't take the heat stay out the kitchen. Even if it were intentional, who cares besides a few people who need to grow up anyway? Religion is a personal choice, and I for one feel it should be kept that way, no more any religion favored over any other.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
No, they are afraid of The Man. While The Man is afraid to loose ratings for "not stopping terrorism while before it got big enough to bomb us taxpayers". This might sound cynical, but please, give it some thought.
(I hope You guys will correctly interpret what I mean by "The Man".)

'cept that it's not. I won't go into details myself, 'cause others already did a pretty good job in it here Allah on Wikipedia
Especially the third sentence in the article and these paragraphs: usage in Christianity and usage in Judasim

We need an emoticon for "mind blown" here.

I know what you are saying......lol. I agree kinda. Still screw "The Man". :laugh:

Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Why are we changing things for the mentally handicapped?

Absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.