• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD's Graphics going under?

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
It definitely is a problem here in the West. I know CEO compensation in the US is ridiculously high compared to other places. I remember seeing that news special about the Japanese CEO of the biggest airline in Japan, who cut his pay to like the median income of employees within the company, and declined his bonus because the company started doing poorly. He took the bus to work, ate in the cafeteria with the rest of the employees, and helped out where he could (going as far as answering phones and such even). You would never see something like that in the United States. His rationale was; "Why should I be rewarded if the company is doing poorly?"

If only every company was like that. The US has this greed complex where the rich always want more and the people who are just getting by struggle and work hard just to make ends meat. This drives me up a wall as well and it is one of the reasons why I enjoy working where I do. I work for a online high school as a System Admin and Developer and I'm the only full-time system admin/developer. (My boss, the CIO is actually only part time. He is finishing up his masters in philosophy, but we just had to go through the process to renew our charter as a charter school in the state of New Hampshire. When the charter renewal committee came in we had to give them access to all of our records and get interviewed by them. In the end we got our renewal without much effort. They also said that VLACS (where I work,) felt less like a workplace and more like a family.

With that said, VLACS has been constantly growing for the last 5 years since the institution was started and has dropped yet. I've been here for 4 years, don't get paid nearly as much as other System Admins and Developers, but you know what? I get provided a Mac laptop (right now I have a 13" Macbook Air with an Ivy Bridge i5,) I get to work from home half of the week, and the admin chain is small enough where my boss' boss is the end of the food chain.

The other day I found that I was struggling with how much I was getting paid so I took my boss aside and told him that I wanted more. He looked at me and smiled and said, "For the last 2 years I've been vouching for you to get a higher pay." Did they give me exactly what I wanted? No. Did they help me enough to enable me to support both my wife and daughter off my own income. Yes.

That is why big business blows, it doesn't work that way, people get stressed out, and the people who "can't be bothered" with being stressed out takes it out on the people that they don't even know to make their own life better. Where I work, everyone knows everyone, and losing anyone is felt throughout the institution.

I think this is the case for AMD, the problem is that management doesn't understand how much it is harming the institution because they're still living a cushy lifestyle with absolutely no change with how they conduct their lives. While AMD engineers get laid off, benefits cut, and left upstream without a paddle even though they worked hard and did good work.

That is what pisses me off and capitalism will fail for that simple reason. We need a Swedes to tell us how awesome that a generous social welfare state is and how when everyone does well, the country does well.

System Name Ladpot ◦◦◦ Desktop
Processor R7 5800H ◦◦◦ i7 4770K, watercooled
Motherboard HP 88D2 ◦◦◦ Asus Z87-C2 Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Mixed gases ◦◦◦ Fuzion V1, MCW60/R2, DDC1/DDCT-01s top, PA120.3, EK200, D12SL-12, liq.metal TIM
Memory 2× 8GB DDR4-3200 ◦◦◦ 2× 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 ◦◦◦ heaps of dead GPUs in the garage
Storage Samsung 980 PRO 2TB ◦◦◦ Samsung 840Pro 256@178GB + 4× WD Red 2TB in RAID10 + LaCie Blade Runner 4TB
Display(s) HP ZR30w 30" 2560×1600 (WQXGA) H2-IPS
Case Lian Li PC-A16B
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S / Contour RollerMouse Red+
Keyboard Logitech Elite Keyboard from 2006 / Contour Balance Keyboard / Logitech diNovo Edge
Software W11 x64 ◦◦◦ W10 x64
Benchmark Scores It does boot up? I think.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
If only every company was like that. The US has this greed complex where the rich always want more and the people who are just getting by struggle and work hard just to make ends meat. This drives me up a wall as well and it is one of the reasons why I enjoy working where I do. I work for a online high school as a System Admin and Developer and I'm the only full-time system admin/developer. (My boss, the CIO is actually only part time. He is finishing up his masters in philosophy, but we just had to go through the process to renew our charter as a charter school in the state of New Hampshire. When the charter renewal committee came in we had to give them access to all of our records and get interviewed by them. In the end we got our renewal without much effort. They also said that VLACS (where I work,) felt less like a workplace and more like a family.

With that said, VLACS has been constantly growing for the last 5 years since the institution was started and has dropped yet. I've been here for 4 years, don't get paid nearly as much as other System Admins and Developers, but you know what? I get provided a Mac laptop (right now I have a 13" Macbook Air with an Ivy Bridge i5,) I get to work from home half of the week, and the admin chain is small enough where my boss' boss is the end of the food chain.

The other day I found that I was struggling with how much I was getting paid so I took my boss aside and told him that I wanted more. He looked at me and smiled and said, "For the last 2 years I've been vouching for you to get a higher pay." Did they give me exactly what I wanted? No. Did they help me enough to enable me to support both my wife and daughter off my own income. Yes.

That is why big business blows, it doesn't work that way, people get stressed out, and the people who "can't be bothered" with being stressed out takes it out on the people that they don't even know to make their own life better. Where I work, everyone knows everyone, and losing anyone is felt throughout the institution.

I think this is the case for AMD, the problem is that management doesn't understand how much it is harming the institution because they're still living a cushy lifestyle with absolutely no change with how they conduct their lives. While AMD engineers get laid off, benefits cut, and left upstream without a paddle even though they worked hard and did good work.

That is what pisses me off and capitalism will fail for that simple reason. We need a Swedes to tell us how awesome that a generous social welfare state is and how when everyone does well, the country does well.

Fact: you don't know what you've got till its gone.

I hold a small hope that the engineers who do get given the boot will be able to turn the situation around by forming a new company. with 20-30% of the workforce going mainly aimed at designers and engineers, Im sure they can gather enough people to make the whole thing work.

pull together a team of maybe 100-300 people, put all their ideas on the table. any designs that were good, that could have been used by AMD but didnt get the greenlight. then take what they have to some investors and see if they can get some capital to move the ball forward.

But i think that any oldskool ATi employees could possibly hold a lot of influence and sway some of the investors.

30% = hope, 70% = Passion (for doing the thing they love)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
I hold a small hope that the engineers who do get given the boot will be able to turn the situation around by forming a new company. with 20-30% of the workforce going mainly aimed at designers and engineers, Im sure they can gather enough people to make the whole thing work.

pull together a team of maybe 100-300 people, put all their ideas on the table. any designs that were good, that could have been used by AMD but didnt get the greenlight. then take what they have to some investors and see if they can get some capital to move the ball forward.

But i think that any oldskool ATi employees could possibly hold a lot of influence and sway some of the investors.

That's a lot of investment resources to start from scratch. Don't forget, AMD still holds the patents and rights on all of ATi's hardware. It would be a hell of an undertaking and you know what? I would support it 100%. :rockout:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
That's a lot of investment resources to start from scratch. Don't forget, AMD still holds the patents and rights on all of ATi's hardware. It would be a hell of an undertaking and you know what? I would support it 100%. :rockout:

If some ex-Nokia staff managed to do the exact same thing and come out with a new handset that was based off designs that werent used by Nokia then im sure they could do the same. There has to be loads of ideas or schematics that someone has drawn up but didnt take to the board meeting to be discussed and put into production. engineers/designers don't just 'turn off' when they get home, they might at home but that doesnt mean they wont take pen to paper and come out with something thats totally just awesome.

who knows?? maybe they took the design to the board meeting and the CEO just laughed and dismissed his idea as it might of taken a complete redesign of the current architectures to work and then some.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
If only every company was like that. The US has this greed complex where the rich always want more and the people who are just getting by struggle and work hard just to make ends meat.

I always make it a point to distinguish between Capitalism and American Capitalism for that exact reason. The way the US operates is completely absurd. But I am glad you have a great job that you love and is willing to provide for you and your family as needed. Most people don't even have that.

As for a new competitor in the GPU space, I have severe doubts, but there have definitely historically been companies that start small and combine some of the best talent with the will to make an exceptional product, and the results have been fantastic.

System Name Custom Built
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus PRIME A520M-A
Cooling Stock heatsink/fan
Memory 16GB 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz
Video Card(s) MSI 1050Ti 4GB
Storage KINGSTON SNVS250G 256GB M.2 + 2 data disks
Display(s) Dell S2421NX
Case Aerocool CS103
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Seasonic M12II-520 EVO
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Like or not, I think SoC are the future, and more probabily ARM ones. That if not embeeded systems.

Last edited:
System Name My Gaming System
Processor Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4 Ghz
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Impact (ITX)
Cooling Custom Full System Water cooling Loop
Memory G.Skill 1866 Mhz Sniper 8 Gb
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 780 ti SC
Storage Samsung SSD EVO 120GB - Samsung SSD EVO 500GB
Display(s) ASUS W246H - 24" - widescreen TFT active matrix LCD
Case Bitfenix Prodigy
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Modular PSU
Software Windows 8.1 Home Primeum
2006*

1. AMD bought out ATI. They didn't have the resources for it and still don't. Instead of buying out ATI, they should have put that money into making a better product or a mass marketing campaign.

2. Intel released Core 2 Duo which trounced not only everything AMD had available, but everything they planned on releasing too (specifically Phenom/Phenom II).

It's not necessarily that they didn't have the resources to buy ATI..... If they would've bought ATI just to buy ATI things would've been fine. However they bought ATI to work on their CPU/GPU integration among other things.
In the end it was a risky business move and it failed. Businesses do things like that all the time.... and it just wasn't the choice of them buying ATI that made AMD fail. It was several bad business moves over the past few years that made AMD fail.

But that is what you do in business...... take risks!!..... some work out.... other end like this.

System Name Gamers PC
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.80 GHz
Motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3
Cooling Corsair H50 Cooler
Memory Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1333
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Storage 2 x WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA300 w/64MB Buffer (RAID 0)
Display(s) Samsung 2494SW 1080p 24" WS LCD HD
Case CM HAF 932 Full Tower Case
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-FI TITANIUM -PCIE x 1
Power Supply Corsair TX Series CMPSU-650TX (650W)
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
That is what pisses me off and capitalism will fail for that simple reason.
Good point, but there a difference between 2 types of capitalism.

Vulture Capitalism = Government deregulation for the rich so they can exploit the system and get richer while the middle class gets destroyed.
Capitalism = If ran properly can help list the middleclass and get the poor into middleclass status while the rich continue to live comfortable.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI Gaming M7 AC
Cooling AlphaCool Eisbaer 360
Memory G. Skill Trident X DDR4 8GBx2 (16 GB) 4266mhz dimms
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Twin Frozr GTX 1080 Ti
Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Samsung 28 inch 4k Freesync monitor
Case ThermalTake V71 Full tower gaming case
Power Supply Corsair 1200 watt HX Platinum PSU
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Das tactile mechanical gaming keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
Good point, but there a difference between 2 types of capitalism.

Vulture Capitalism = Government deregulation for the rich so they can exploit the system and get richer while the middle class gets destroyed.
Capitalism = If ran properly can help list the middleclass and get the poor into middleclass status while the rich continue to live comfortable.

If water was wine it would make us all happily drunk. Water is not wine and capitalism naturally gravitates towards monopoly and tyrannical Draconian exploitation of the working class. There is no middle class. There is a petty bourgeoisie that represents small business , shop-keepers who are wannabee capitalists that mostly fail in their enterprise and are driven down into poverty. Economies of scale require capital and that capital concentrates more and more in fewer hands. The driving force is the maximizing of profit.
Capital Volume I. Karl Marx. The clarity with which this volume utterly and definitively defines the crisis which is still unfolding should be read by ALL. It is undeniable truth that capitalism is its own gravedigger

We need to finish the task by kicking its rotting carcass into its own grave and building an egalitarian world for all those who toil.There is not one ill in the world that is not either a product of capitalism or made vey much worse by capitalism. From malnutrition and starvation in spite of great agricultural land lying fallow and food by the hundreds of metric tons being thrown away to mass unemployment,war, racism, disease and pestilence abounding due to allocation of resources solely for profit instead of for human need.This will all be resolved in the coming generation by world revolution and working class seizure of power.

Last edited:
System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
AMD should have focused more on desktop CPU and mobile (growing market) and not wasted the money with purchasing ATI then they would have been better off.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
If water was wine it would make us all happily drunk. Water is not wine and capitalism naturally gravitates towards monopoly and tyrannical Draconian exploitation of the working class. There is no middle class. There is a petty bourgeoisie that represents small business , shop-keepers who are wannabee capitalists that mostly fail in their enterprise and are driven down into poverty. Economies of scale require capital and that capital concentrates more and more in fewer hands. The driving force is the maximizing of profit.
Capital Volume I. Karl Marx. The clarity with which this volume utterly and definitively defines the crisis which is still unfolding should be read by ALL. It is undeniable truth that capitalism is its own gravedigger

We need to finish the task by kicking its rotting carcass into its own grave and building an egalitarian world for all those who toil.There is not one ill in the world that is not either a product of capitalism or made vey much worse by capitalism. From malnutrition and starvation in spite of great agricultural land lying fallow and food by the hundreds of metric tons being thrown away to mass unemployment,war, racism, disease and pestilence abounding due to allocation of resources solely for profit instead of for human need.This will all be resolved in the coming generation by world revolution and working class seizure of power.

Two ways to define egalitarianism. It is defined either as a political doctrine that all people should be treated as equals and have the same political, economic, social, and civil rights or as a social philosophy advocating the removal of economic inequalities among people or the decentralization of power.

I could be considered an egalitarian because I feel the government has grown too strong and desire to decentralize it. Governments always act in their best interests and slowly drift towards tyrannical draconian exploitation of everyone. You must be of the first definition. You must desire a revolution to take over the government and fix all the problems with force. Would all the wrongs be fixed though? No. Not even the strongest of governments can fix the problems of the worlds no matter what policies they use. You can't end unemployment by saying "Here you go, have a job." It just doesn't work for economic reasons. You can't just say "You will stop being a racist!" because it wont work. You can't stop racism at gunpoint.

We can agree on many problems in our society today. Our monetary, fiscal, and economic policies are so flawed that it does not even have a real foundation to stand on. That needs to be reformed. There are many social issues. Those need to be changed by society not government.

You speak of revolution. I talk with people all over the political spectrum. The anarcho capitalists I talk to speak of revolution also. Both are fringes in the political sphere and only small parts of the whole.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard MSI Gaming M7 AC
Cooling AlphaCool Eisbaer 360
Memory G. Skill Trident X DDR4 8GBx2 (16 GB) 4266mhz dimms
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Twin Frozr GTX 1080 Ti
Storage 512GB Samsung 960 EVO M2 NVMe drive,500 GB Samsung 860 EVO ssd, 1 TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Samsung 28 inch 4k Freesync monitor
Case ThermalTake V71 Full tower gaming case
Power Supply Corsair 1200 watt HX Platinum PSU
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Das tactile mechanical gaming keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench 15 64 bit Open GL 146.7 FPS Cinebench 15 CPU 1958 at 4.25 GHZ Priority set to real-time
Two ways to define egalitarianism. It is defined either as a political doctrine that all people should be treated as equals and have the same political, economic, social, and civil rights or as a social philosophy advocating the removal of economic inequalities among people or the decentralization of power.

I could be considered an egalitarian because I feel the government has grown too strong and desire to decentralize it. Governments always act in their best interests and slowly drift towards tyrannical draconian exploitation of everyone. You must be of the first definition. You must desire a revolution to take over the government and fix all the problems with force. Would all the wrongs be fixed though? No. Not even the strongest of governments can fix the problems of the worlds no matter what policies they use. You can't end unemployment by saying "Here you go, have a job." It just doesn't work for economic reasons. You can't just say "You will stop being a racist!" because it wont work. You can't stop racism at gunpoint.

We can agree on many problems in our society today. Our monetary, fiscal, and economic policies are so flawed that it does not even have a real foundation to stand on. That needs to be reformed. There are many social issues. Those need to be changed by society not government.

You speak of revolution. I talk with people all over the political spectrum. The anarcho capitalists I talk to speak of revolution also. Both are fringes in the political sphere and only small parts of the whole.

Don't condescend to marginalize me.Bold leadership with a vision based on well-grounded ideas and practice is always in a class society going to be found in small number. When they through dedication and base-building with those we work and live with over time find traction for their ideas then they can grow from small to large in almost an exponential fashion. That is quantity into quality , a law of dialectics. In your terms call it a quantum leap. It is part of the process of change in nature and in human society as well. We are off topic so I suggest we let this discussion termiinate before moderation steps in.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
Don't condescend to marginalize me.Bold leadership with a vision based on well-grounded ideas and practice is always in a class society going to be found in small number. When they through dedication and base-building with those we work and live with over time find traction for their ideas then they can grow from small to large in almost an exponential fashion. That is quantity into quality , a law of dialectics. In your terms call it a quantum leap. It is part of the process of change in nature and in human society as well. We are off topic so I suggest we let this discussion termiinate before moderation steps in.

So now you think we are off topic. Instead of asking to discuss this via pm I will pm you.

System Name Custom Built
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus PRIME A520M-A
Cooling Stock heatsink/fan
Memory 16GB 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400MHz
Video Card(s) MSI 1050Ti 4GB
Storage KINGSTON SNVS250G 256GB M.2 + 2 data disks
Display(s) Dell S2421NX
Case Aerocool CS103
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Seasonic M12II-520 EVO
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
AMD should have focused more on desktop CPU and mobile (growing market) and not wasted the money with purchasing ATI then they would have been better off.

True, besides maintaning those huge divisions is costly.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
without ATi aquistion AMD would have been dead in the water in the mobile space, It is because of the ATi acquisition that they are still viable in that segment to begin with. Desktops are a shrinking market or soon to be so AMD in theory made the right move in aquiring ATi for what they are trying to do. Should AMD manage to drop power consumption ever further they could enter smartphone market where they would have the edge in GPU power compared to most other companies. Regardless AMD by themselves would be in just a bad of shape without ATi as they are with them Its a rather moot point. Bulldozer has been talked about since 2004 or 2005 long before AMD acquired ATi so in that regard the chip is a fail today buying ATi didnt change that lol.

Processor AMD FX-8320 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1060 SC
Storage Intel 535 Series SSD + Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Case NZXT
Power Supply EVGA 650 Watt
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I think it is because AMD has lost it edge it once had and is sliding into some kind of weird Over Clocking PR game and NOT giving Intel a real run for it's money.
AMD should be using every thing they have to retake the lead not just jack up the CPU speed and put out the lames ass shit Over clocking crap they have been doing. All there PR is backfiring on them!

Totally agree!

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt
2% of the market is enthusiasts. AMD's thought is in the right direction buut it may be too late. They bring in too much revenue to go by the wayside. A bigger entity will scoop them up soon like Microsoft. That is my prediction.

Processor 7800x3d
Cooling Custom Water
Case ThermalTake P3
2% of the market is enthusiasts. AMD's thought is in the right direction buut it may be too late. They bring in too much revenue to go by the wayside. A bigger entity will scoop them up soon like Microsoft. That is my prediction.

Then we might get Amd optimized hardware...

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt
System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

way to go off topic. Didn't know this thread said "Political Convention!". I feel like you just went online and found something "smart" sounding and copied and pasted it.

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Why the fuck would AMD want to do this? I just do not get it! They are the best video card GPU makers in the world! TO see AMD strip them like this or even cut the work force of ATI is more than a shame! It is a reflection of just where AMD is going. It is a reflection of how fucked up the CEO's of AMD really are! Pure FUCKING DIPSHITTERY! IMHO! If I were AMD I would be pumping up the video card sector and cranking up R&D! What the hell???!!!

System Name Current Rig
Processor Intel 12700K@5.1GHz
Motherboard MSI Pro Z790-P
Cooling Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 360mm
Memory 2x16GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Trident Z RGB
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 6800 16GB
Storage 1TB SSD
Case Cooler Master Storm Striker
Power Supply Antec True Power 750w
Keyboard IBM Model 'M"