• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fujitsu Announces "Floral Kiss" Brand of FMV PCs for Women

Fujitsu today announced the launch of the new Floral Kiss brand of FMV personal computers aimed at female users. The new series will be available throughout Japan beginning November 2 at electronics stores and from the Fujitsu WEB MART online store.

Based upon the design concept of bringing elegance to PCs, Floral Kiss is a new series that was planned and developed primarily under the direction of female employees.

As the first PC to be released under the Floral Kiss brand, Fujitsu will be offering an Ultrabook developed in an all-out pursuit of elegance, from the size and design of the model to its accessories, mouse, AC adaptor and other peripheral devices, and even to the applications. Featuring the latest Windows 8 OS, a high-performance 3rd generation Intel Core i5 processor, and 500 GB of hard disk space, the new notebook PC's specs are sure to make for a user-friendly experience. It also provides access to My Cloud, Fujitsu's proprietary personal cloud service that will be available as a full-scale service from today.

The new series also includes a model designed in collaboration with the jewelry brand "agete." That model is scheduled to be exhibited at a number of agete's shops.

In recent years, with women accounting for nearly half of PC purchases, the Floral Kiss project was born from the desire of Fujitsu's female employees to create a PC that women would find appealing. The new series, developed under the concept of bringing elegance to all aspects of PC design-from hardware to applications-was created with this aim in mind.

1. Elegant design down to the details

The Floral Kiss series features a unified design sensibility that has been developed for the female consumer-from the PC's design to accessories, such as the mouse and case, and optional add-ons. Users can select their favorite color from among three variations: Elegant White, Feminine Pink and Luxury Brown.

The top casing has been constructed with an elegant and refined gradation with gold trim, and it features a flip latch that can easily open the display-even by users with long fingernails. The power button is adorned with a pearl-like accent, and the power status LED and Caps Lock key are decorated with diamond-cut stone for a sophisticated look. An exquisite gold ring frames each key on the transparent keyboard, highlighting its elegant style. In addition, the outtake and intake vents all feature a floral motif design.

The included AC adaptor and wireless mouse are compact and fit easily into the hands of all users. At the same time, zirconia adornments and other details that give them a stylish appeal.

2. Custom-designed applications

Floral Kiss comes standard with a number of convenient, fun and original applications that users can enjoy in their daily lives.

SCRAPBOOK: Digital scrapbook for effortlessly collecting the user's favorite websites

SCRAPBOOK automatically stores and organizes pictures and URLs of the items, retail stores, recipes, and other content that users come across when they are casually browsing the web. The application also allows users to create theme-based collages for saved content such as web captures.

Content can easily be managed as a digital scrapbook, and users can perform quick comparisons of their favorite stores and products for even greater convenience.

DIARY: Automatically creates a personalized diary

With DIARY, users can create their very own diary by automatically storing and organizing Facebook and Twitter posts as well as photos they have downloaded to the computer-all in chronological order. This is a convenient way to make a diary from information that is casually shared with friends.

Offers 12 daily Horoscopes by Fortune@nifty

With "12 Horoscopes by Fortune@nifty," users can check their horoscope every day for the present and following day.

3. Design collaboration model with the jewelry brand "agete"

Also offered is a model designed in collaboration with the jewelry brand agete, which is known for its drive to constantly offer stylish new products that reflect the latest trends in women's lifestyles and fashion.

The body of the notebook employs a basic purple color scheme in line with agete's brand colors, and the top casing is crowned with the agete logo. In contrast to the other models, the collaboration model features a tan keyboard with a cursive key font type, and an antique-style pattern on the two palm-rest areas. The packaging box, unique to this product, also has an original design that fits well with agete's international perspective. In addition, it comes with an original PC case and pouch.

The collaboration model can be viewed at a number of agete shops throughout Japan.

Floral Kiss by Fujitsu Facebook Page

Today Fujitsu is launching "Floral Kiss by Fujitsu," a public Facebook page for the Floral Kiss series. By taking advantage of Facebook's communication tools, customers can gain access to exclusive information related to Floral Kiss products, promotions, WEB MART, and product support. In addition, users are also able to receive timely information from Fujitsu's female employees about how to take full advantage of Floral Kiss in their daily lives.

Pricing and Availability

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Floral kiss...so what does the brown represent? Dirt or fertilizer? And if its a kiss then women should be kissing it? HA, you heard it ladies!! I'll be right back with a bag of Kellogg!!

Heh...sorry I've just never met a woman who was bonkers for brown. :D

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Floral kiss...so what does the brown represent? Dirt or fertilizer? And if its a kiss then women should be kissing it? HA, you heard it ladies!! I'll be right back with a bag of Kellogg!!

Heh...sorry I've just never met a woman who was bonkers for brown. :D

Hershey's Kiss more like it

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
I find this a risky PR effort by fujitsu. It immediately ostracises 50% of the population but probably 80% of the market (more men buy gadgets than women... ).

They also used a "handicapped" opening mechanism. Are all women cack-handed? Of course not.

If they really want to target a certain "behavioural group" of people, then they should have some real hotkeys like twitter or facebook or cosmopolitan gossip column hotkey with the logo on it.

OMG I just looked at the keyboard of the blue agate edition. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING=?

Remove the odd opening mechanism and the design is actually quite nice. Brand it differently and they could have got a much bigger audience interested. I say, FIRE THE PR TEAM. Floral kiss indeed!

System Name Lailalo
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X Boosts to 4.95Ghz
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (WIFI
Cooling Noctua
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) XFX 7900XT 20GB
Storage Samsung 970 Pro Plus 1TB, Crucial 1TB MX500 SSD, Segate 3TB
Display(s) LG Ultrawide 29in @ 2560x1080
Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper
Power Supply XPG 1000W
Mouse G602
Keyboard G510s
Software Windows 10 Pro / Windows 10 Home
Not necessarily. Women were huge buyers of the iMacs and iBooks when they first hit the market. The concept of colorful outsides on computers hasn't gone away since even if Apple moved on. A lot of companies market it. The components and performance on them is crap but they sell because women want something cute or people in general just want the color. Car companies can do it to a degree but due to the price more people read before buying. PCs can be cheap. A cheap one with color is gonna sell without much research before purchase.

Heck I was part interested in a Toshiba thanks to the looks of it, including color. If I didn't catch more info on features it didn't have that competitors did, I might have got one instead of my Lenovo.

These ones have toned down colors but the brown...ehhh. Doesn't sell. M$ tried it with Zune. No matter how good that device was, can't sell something that looks like a square turd.

I don't even think Apple could market a brown device that sells...well...maybe.

Processor Intel i5-6600
Motherboard ASRock H170M-ITX
Cooling Cooler Master Geminii S524
Memory G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB (8GB x 2)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte R9-380X 4GB
Storage Samsung 950 EVO 250GB (mSATA)
Display(s) LG 29UM69G-B 2560x1080 IPS
Case Lian Li PC-Q25
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech G110
Software Windows 10 Pro
Wife looked at them, said the purple one is ok, but overall Fujitsu doesn't know what women want.

Completely Bonkers

Processor Mysterious Engineering Prototype
Motherboard Intel 865
Cooling Custom block made in workshop
Memory Corsair XMS 2GB
Video Card(s) FireGL X3-256
Display(s) 1600x1200 SyncMaster x 2 = 3200x1200
Software Windows 2003
Don't get me wrong. Marketing to women is not wrong; it makes business sense. And making gadgets "exclusive" to women is not wrong, per se, but it does significantly reduces your market. Something that strategically you don't need to do. SONY is good at this... making cute laptops that are gender neutral.

Remove the "girl only" branding and that silly opening catch from this product, and there is no reason these laptops couldnt be targeted to every able-bodied person and therefore be more successful through a bigger market.

I can understand women's product choices... I'll buy this one because it looks cute... but I don't think the "i'll buy this laptop because it is targeted only to women like me" is going to ENHANCE sales.

Call me a cynic, but I think they are going to try and price this at a premium because they believe women are not as cost conscious. And they hope to get some free advertising by web sites and magazines doing editorials on "a girls laptop".

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Wow, when is Coach going to branch out from the handbag business into laptops and tablets? They'd be a shoe-in (pun intented).

This is kind of funny. The "girlie" software? It all could probably downloaded anyway. HP has been making custom skins for years now. And yes, including pink models.

"Floral" design with no abstract floral drawings on the case. Disappointment... i'm a big sucker for floral abstract drawings and i was hoping for such treat but then this. Oh well.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
For all you brown haters, my grandmothers decorating colors are brown and blue. Those are the same colors that she has decorated with since here and my grandfather first moved out. She also has a lot of earthy stuff also. I kinda like the color brown myself.

Last edited:

MeanBruce

System Name Maximus Obsidious "Max"
Processor Intel 3770K 4.5GHz 1.205volts Delta T=2.5C at idle
Motherboard Asus Maximus V Extreme
Cooling H100i Sanyo-Denki SanAce Type 9S 120(x6) at 750rpm
Memory Corsair Dominator GT 2133Mhz 2X4GB w/extended heat sink fins red
Video Card(s) Asus 6870 DirectCU (Asus 9970 Direct CU2 Coming Soon)
Storage Intel 520 120GB(x2) RAID0 Array 1.1GB/s read/write
Display(s) Samsung 970D (Coming Soon)
Case CaseLabs Magnum M8 w/XL window front I/O USB 3.0(x4) Lamptron FC10 nixie tube fan controller stock f
Power Supply Corsair Platinum AX860 (Seasonic) w/Corsair GEN2 AXi cables red
Software Windows 8 Pro 64-bit $39.99 download :):)
I find this a risky PR effort by fujitsu. It immediately ostracises 50% of the population but probably 80% of the market (more men buy gadgets than women... ).

They also used a "handicapped" opening mechanism. Are all women cack-handed? Of course not.

If they really want to target a certain "behavioural group" of people, then they should have some real hotkeys like twitter or facebook or cosmopolitan gossip column hotkey with the logo on it.

OMG I just looked at the keyboard of the blue agate edition. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING=?

Remove the odd opening mechanism and the design is actually quite nice. Brand it differently and they could have got a much bigger audience interested. I say, FIRE THE PR TEAM. Floral kiss indeed!

Well I don't know about you, but I love being ostracized, mostly in the middle of the night, yet twice on Sundays.:D

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
Forum full of virgins, lol! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
first binders and now this?

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687