• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Announces 7.9-inch iPad Mini

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Apple today introduced iPad mini, a completely new iPad design that is 23 percent thinner and 53 percent lighter than the third generation iPad. The new iPad mini features a stunning 7.9-inch Multi-Touch display, FaceTime HD and iSight cameras, ultrafast wireless performance1 and an incredible 10 hours of battery life2-every inch an iPad, yet in a revolutionary design you can hold in one hand. Apple today also announced the fourth generation iPad featuring a gorgeous 9.7-inch Retina display, new Apple-designed A6X chip, FaceTime HD camera and ultrafast wireless performance. Both iPad mini and fourth generation iPad come with iOS 6, the world's most advanced mobile operating system with over 200 new features.

"iPad mini is every inch an iPad. With its gorgeous 7.9-inch display, iPad mini features the same number of pixels as the original iPad and iPad 2, so you can run more than 275,000 apps designed specifically for iPad," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "iPad mini is as thin as a pencil and as light as a pad of paper, yet packs a fast A5 chip, FaceTime HD and 5 megapixel iSight cameras and ultrafast wireless-all while delivering up to 10 hours of battery life."

iPad mini comes in a beautiful new aluminum and glass design that is just 7.2 mm thin and weighs only 0.68 pounds. The 7.9-inch Multi-Touch display delivers the same iPad experience users have come to expect, in a design that has 35 percent more screen real estate than 7-inch tablets and up to an astonishing 67 percent more usable viewing area when browsing the web. The dual-core A5 chip delivers responsive graphics and a fast, fluid Multi-Touch experience, while still providing all-day battery life.

iPad mini features a front-facing FaceTime HD camera and a 5 megapixel iSight camera on the back with advanced optics for taking sharp still pictures and recording full 1080p HD video. The iSight camera includes video image stabilization and both cameras feature backside illumination to let users capture great pictures in low light. iPad mini also allows easy sharing of photos with friends and family using iCloud's Shared Photo Streams.

iPad mini features dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi support for speeds up to 150 Mbps,3 which is twice the Wi-Fi performance compared to previous iPad models. iPad mini is available in Wi-Fi + Cellular models which are world-ready with built-in support for ultrafast wireless standards, including LTE1 and DC-HSDPA, so you can browse, download and stream content fast from wherever you are. iPad mini data plans will be available with no contract so you can simply sign up and activate service directly from your iPad.4 The Personal Hotspot feature means you can share a fast cellular data connection via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth or USB with up to five other devices such as MacBook Pro, iPod touch or another iPad.5

The new fourth generation iPad features the amazing 9.7-inch Retina display and includes a new Apple-designed A6X chip that delivers up to twice the CPU performance and up to twice the graphics performance of the A5X chip, all while delivering an incredible 10 hours of battery life in the same thin and light iPad design. Other new features include a FaceTime HD camera, twice the Wi-Fi performance when compared to previous iPad models and support for additional LTE carriers worldwide.6

iPad mini and fourth generation iPad both feature support for the Lightning connector that is smaller, smarter and more durable than the 30-pin connector. Lightning connector accessories are available to support cameras, SD cards and VGA or HDMI digital video.7 Existing iPad Smart Covers and the iPad Smart Case are compatible with fourth generation iPad, and new polyurethane Smart Covers custom-designed for iPad mini are available in pink, green, blue, light gray, dark gray and (PRODUCT) RED for $39.

iPad runs over 700,000 apps available on the App Store, including more than 275,000 apps designed specifically for iPad, from a wide range of categories including books, games, business, news, sports, health, reference and travel. iPad also supports the more than 5,000 newspapers and magazines offered in Newsstand and the more than 1.5 million books available on the iBookstore℠. The iTunes Store puts the world's most popular online music, TV and movie store at your fingertips with a catalog of over 26 million songs, over 190,000 TV episodes and over 45,000 films. The new iBooks app for iPad lets users read ebooks in over 40 languages. iBooks also lets users experience an entirely new kind of ebook that's dynamic, engaging and truly interactive. Ebooks created with Apple's new iBooks Author offer gorgeous, fullscreen ebooks with interactive animations, diagrams, photos, videos, custom fonts, mathematical expressions and much more.

Pricing & Availability
iPad mini with Wi-Fi models will be available in black & slate or white & silver on Friday, November 2, for a suggested retail price of $329 (US) for the 16GB model, $429 (US) for the 32GB model and $529 (US) for the 64GB model. The fourth generation iPad with Wi-Fi models will also be available on Friday, November 2, in black or white for a suggested retail price of $499 (US) for the 16GB model, $599 (US) for the 32GB model and $699 (US) for the 64GB model. iPad mini and the fourth generation iPad will be sold through the Apple Online Store (www.apple.com), Apple's retail stores, and select Apple Authorized Resellers in the US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular and fourth generation iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular will start shipping a couple of weeks after the Wi-Fi models, beginning in the US on AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. iPad mini with Wi-Fi + Cellular will be offered for a suggested retail price of $459 (US) for the 16GB model, $559 (US) for the 32GB model and $659 (US) for the 64GB model. Fourth generation iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular will be offered for a suggested retail price of $629 (US) for the 16GB model, $729 (US) for the 32GB model and $829 (US) for the 64GB model. Additionally, iPad 2 is available at $399 (US) for the 16GB Wi-Fi model and just $529 (US) for the 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G model where they are sold now.

Customers can begin pre-ordering all models of iPad mini and all models of the fourth generation iPad on Friday, October 26 through the Apple Online Store in the US, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK.

1 LTE is available through select carriers. Network speeds are dependent on carrier networks. Check with your carrier for details.
2 Battery life depends on device settings, usage and other factors. Actual results vary.
3 Based on theoretical speeds, actual speeds may vary.
4 Only available on some carriers.
5 Personal Hotspot requires supporting data plan. Customers should check with their carrier for availability.
6 LTE is available through select carriers.
7 Sold separately.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Motherboard AsRock X370 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling
Memory 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3000 Mhz (Running at 2933)
Video Card(s) EVGA FTW2 GTX 1070Ti
Storage 740GB of SSDs, 7 TB's of HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UD58P-B 27” IPS 4K
Case Phanteks Enthos Pro M
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply EVGA 750 P2
Mouse Mionix Naos 8200
Keyboard G Skill Ripjaws RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just get a Nexus 7 for $199.
$329 for two year old spec's? Spend $80 more and you can get a full sized iPad.
I don't get the price point AT ALL.

The Nexus 7 will be $249.99 for 32 GB.

Processor 7800x3d
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Auros Elite AX
Cooling Custom Water
Memory GSKILL 2x16gb 6000mhz Cas 30 with custom timings
Video Card(s) MSI RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Storage Adata SX8200 1tb with Windows, Samsung 990 Pro 2tb with games
Display(s) HP Omen 27q QHD 165hz
Case ThermalTake P3
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex Titanium
Software Windows 11 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores CB23: 1811 / 19424 CB24: 1136 / 7687
The pricing reflects apple selling these for 100% over bom. It may be fudzilla but it should they can't be that far off. http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/29175-ipad-mini-bom-estimated-at-$195

Fiery

FinalWire / AIDA64 Developer
System Name Main rig
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K (stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
Cooling something big :)
Memory 4x 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) Asus Strix-GTX960-DC2-2GD5
Storage Intel 750 400GB NVMe + Samsung 830 512GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA3
Display(s) Dell 1905FP
Case Cooler Master Stacker
Audio Device(s) some integrated HD Audio
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech Internet Navigator SE
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) + AIDA64 Engineer :-)
Benchmark Scores who cares? ;-)
IMHO this is a great device for people who want to use a tablet on the road, one that is considerably smaller and lighter than the regular 10-inch iPad. I don't think it makes any sense to compare its price tag to the iPad's, mostly because IMHO it is for a different market. Apple tries to suggest everyone that it's just a smaller iPad, but I think it's more of a content consuming device rather than a full-blown tablet. They should market the iPad as the tablet for the home/office, while the iPad mini is the tablet for the road, the one that you take with you. One could argue that that device is actually the iPhone (or perhaps a 5-incher smart phone), but for 1+ hour long web browsing a smartphone will never be as great as even a 7-inch tablet...

System Name Blue Beast 2.0
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling EK EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 Ultra Gaming Hybrid
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 500GB NVME, Western Digital SN750 1TB NVME, Western Digital SN850 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC AG271QG, Dell UltraSharp U2414H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic - Black
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DGX PCI-E 5.1
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO
Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK.2 Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
IMHO this is a great device for people who want to use a tablet on the road, one that is considerably smaller and lighter than the regular 10-inch iPad. I don't think it makes any sense to compare its price tag to the iPad's, mostly because IMHO it is for a different market. Apple tries to suggest everyone that it's just a smaller iPad, but I think it's more of a content consuming device rather than a full-blown tablet. They should market the iPad as the tablet for the home/office, while the iPad mini is the tablet for the road, the one that you take with you. One could argue that that device is actually the iPhone (or perhaps a 5-incher smart phone), but for 1+ hour long web browsing a smartphone will never be as great as even a 7-inch tablet...

Considering how well iPad's are selling I don't think they need to change their strategy :laugh: Though I do agree with what you're saying.

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Just get a Nexus 7 for $199.
$329 for two year old spec's? Spend $80 more and you can get a full sized iPad.
I don't get the price point AT ALL.

Yep, if it had the ipad 3 specs or something better, then yeah I could understand that pricepoint but it doesn't all this is, is apple overcharging because it's an apple.

Fiery

FinalWire / AIDA64 Developer
System Name Main rig
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K (stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170X-UD3
Cooling something big :)
Memory 4x 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) Asus Strix-GTX960-DC2-2GD5
Storage Intel 750 400GB NVMe + Samsung 830 512GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda Green 2TB SATA3
Display(s) Dell 1905FP
Case Cooler Master Stacker
Audio Device(s) some integrated HD Audio
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W
Mouse Logitech G400
Keyboard Logitech Internet Navigator SE
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) + AIDA64 Engineer :-)
Benchmark Scores who cares? ;-)
Considering how well iPad's are selling I don't think they need to change their strategy :laugh: Though I do agree with what you're saying.

IMHO the problem with their today's launch was that unlike with previous introductions (iPhone whatever generation, iPad, new iPad) you didn't hear things like "incredible", "revolutionary", "amazing", "magical", etc. Simply because the iPad mini is basically "just" a smaller iPad 2, not even a small version of the latest iPad. So unless you try to move it away from the 10-inch iPad, it's very tough to say amazing things about the iPad mini. The lack of wow-factor is quite apparent. But if you would market it as a smaller, lighter iPad for the road, a tablet that is "amazing to carry with you and use whenever and wherever you want", then it may sound a bit better.

Fortunately -- as you wrote -- even with their chosen way of marketing, Apple will have no problem selling tens of millions of the new "baby iPad". But under the iron rule of Mr.Jobs an iPad mini market introduction that we saw today would have never happened, that's for sure. With him the wow-factor was the key element of any product introductions. I start to miss that from Apple's latest keynotes. I'll still get an iPad mini though :cool:

Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 500GB NVME, Western Digital SN750 1TB NVME, Western Digital SN850 1TB NVME
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO
IMHO the problem with their today's launch was that unlike with previous introductions (iPhone whatever generation, iPad, new iPad) you didn't hear things like "incredible", "revolutionary", "amazing", "magical", etc. Simply because the iPad mini is basically "just" a smaller iPad 2, not even a small version of the latest iPad. So unless you try to move it away from the 10-inch iPad, it's very tough to say amazing things about the iPad mini. The lack of wow-factor is quite apparent. But if you would market it as a smaller, lighter iPad for the road, a tablet that is "amazing to carry with you and use whenever and wherever you want", then it may sound a bit better.

Fortunately -- as you wrote -- even with their chosen way of marketing, Apple will have no problem selling tens of millions of the new "baby iPad". But under the iron rule of Mr.Jobs an iPad mini market introduction that we saw today would have never happened, that's for sure. With him the wow-factor was the key element of any product introductions. I start to miss that from Apple's latest keynotes. I'll still get an iPad mini though :cool:

That's what I noticed during the iPhone 5 event. There was nothing really special about the phone, it was just bigger, and I know a lot of people who were disappointed by it. Like the iPhone 5 though, what will help sell the iPad Mini is the Apple branding and marketing. If we get another generation or 2 of minor improvements when Apple refreshes these devices, then people will start to jump off the Apple bandwagon and look at alternatives.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Serious question: Do these things play flash yet?

The Nexus 7 will be $249.99 for 32 GB.

The 8GB Nexus 7 is $199. The 16GB iPad mini is $329. That's the products I'm comparing. As for a $249 32GB Nexus 7, has that been officially announced yet? No.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO
That so F#$KING stupid. Really.

It runs like crap on Android, and Windows Phone also doesn't support Flash. As I recall it's just too resource intensive (though someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
It runs like crap on Android, and Windows Phone also doesn't support Flash. As I recall it's just too resource intensive (though someone correct me if I'm wrong).

works fine on my kindle fire with stock os and my captivate in chrome

we can all argue about flash being a resource hog and obsolete or whatever but the fact is a lot of websites still use flash so until a lot of websites start using something else flash support is a sticking point for me.

TheMailMan78

Big Member

Flash is fine on Android.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
That so F#$KING stupid. Really.

Let's keep quiet that Apple has completely removed Java as an option for their platforms as well. To run Java on a mac people are going to need to buy legacy Mac OS's

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
hmm i could buy an ipad.. or upgrade my galaxy nexus to an s3..

Any opinions?

System Name LS Vtec B18B1 Bolt Ons
Processor AMD Phenom ii 1045t x6 @ 3.5Ghz OC
Motherboard ASRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 AM3+
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO Push Pull
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) Black 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7950 Dual-X
Storage Samsung EVO 250gb SSD/Samsung 500gb 7200 rpm/WD Cavirar Green 1TB
Display(s) Acer H236HLbid IPS
Case NZXT Gamma (Powder Coated Champion White)
Audio Device(s) Creative Lab SB0460
Power Supply NZXT HALE82 V2 550W
Software Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
Benchmark Scores Vtec
To me the iPAD and iPAD Mini is like an iTOUCH stretch.

Mouse Logitech G502 HERO
works fine on my kindle fire with stock os and my captivate in chrome

we can all argue about flash being a resource hog and obsolete or whatever but the fact is a lot of websites still use flash so until a lot of websites start using something else flash support is a sticking point for me.

Flash is fine on Android.

When I had my Nexus S, most sites I visited with Flash content ran terribly, and sometimes wouldn't load. My friends (who have the Galaxy SII) have the same issue, so maybe it's just certain sites.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Let's keep quiet that Apple has completely removed Java as an option for their platforms as well. To run Java on a mac people are going to need to buy legacy Mac OS's

When did they drop Java?

When I had my Nexus S, most sites I visited with Flash content ran terribly, and sometimes wouldn't load. My friends (who have the Galaxy SII) have the same issue, so maybe it's just certain sites.

Yeah a buddy of mine has an HTC and his seems to be fine. Maybe its just some sites like you said.

Mouse Logitech G502 HERO
When did they drop Java?

Yeah a buddy of mine has an HTC and his seems to be fine. Maybe its just some sites like you said.

They didn't, they just don't bundle it anymore, you have to download it straight from the Java website now.

Binge

Overclocking Surrealism
System Name Molly
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard Z77 ASRock
Cooling CooliT Eco
Memory 2x4GB Mushkin Redline Ridgebacks
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 680
Case Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced
Power Supply Corsair HX-1000
They didn't, they just don't bundle it anymore, you have to download it straight from the Java website now.

Damn the sensationalist news. Verified with a mac here at work. It felt wrong to touch the thing, but oh well... for science!