• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Z77 OC Formula Intel LGA 1155

cadaveca

My name is Dave
But you need to add some ln2 into your reviews

Yeah, you know, I told W1zz since day one I was willing, but really, the cost is too much, unfortunately. I mean, I'd love to have funded benching. :p.

However, while fun, it realyl serves no purpose other than bragging rights, I guess.

What I really need is some killer watercooling, or something. I dunno. :laugh:

DOM

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Asrock
Cooling Water
Memory Team Xtreem LV 16GB (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) EK Full WB HD7970
Display(s) CROSSOVER 27Q LED-P 27"
Case Danger Den Torture Rack
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX1200
Software W 10 Pro
Yeah, you know, I told W1zz since day one I was willing, but really, the cost is too much, unfortunately. I mean, I'd love to have funded benching. :p.

However, while fun, it realyl serves no purpose other than bragging rights, I guess.

What I really need is some killer watercooling, or something. I dunno. :laugh:

Ln2 sounds more fun :p

But have you de lid your cpu ? Cuz even on water IB still gets hot... even under my ss it does XD

But right now I'm running 5.4GHz and the de lid cpu runs better cuz the other cpu couldn't go past 5ghz or it gets to hot

But I should see how it does under ln2 sat going to fill the dewar up today, goimg to be 13days since I had a day off going to punish some hardware :D

System Name Nirutbs
Processor 4770K
Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory Kingston HyperX Beast 2400 8*2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX980 G1
Storage SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256G+Hitachi 1000G+WD Cavier Black 640*2
Display(s) DELL U2312HM
Case CM HAF X
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Antec TPQ1000w
Software Win 8.1 64 bit
nice re.. thx
i think the color is not bad but looks nice for me because i like bubble bee ie ie
i will replace my many problems mobo m5f with it anyway.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
nice re.. thx
i think the color is not bad but looks nice for me because i like bubble bee ie ie
i will replace my many problems mobo m5f with it anyway.

I 100% understand where you are comnig from.

As i brought up the color issue, clearly there was no much else I could find wrong with this board. It IS a great product. I do, however, ahve to find faults with a product as part of the review process, and that was one area I think ASRock could have improved upon. Color does not affect how a board works or operates.

WHen it comes to issues, especially when overclocking, i gotta say htat the memory that is on teh market right now is a big part of that, and for some, I think guides that dictate votlages youi should use may not apply to all situations.

For example, many people say that for memory clocking, VCCIO or VTT needs an increase. For me, it make ZERO difference, and only VCCSA, or system agent, matters. Memory is a very crucial part of the OC puzzle right now.

BababooeyHTJ

Processor i5 3570k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77 UD5h
Cooling XSPC Raystrom
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) 7950 crossfire
Storage a few
Display(s) 27" Catleap
Case Xigmatek Elysium
Audio Device(s) Xonar STX
Power Supply Seasonic X1050
Software Windows 7 X64
Is the bottom pci-e slot based off of the pch or the cpu lanes? With the supplemental pci-e power it looks like this could be a really good board for tri-fire.

Edit: The bottom slot is a pci-e 2.0 slot.

Last edited:
drivers cd?

i always assumed everyone downloaded drivers from the website anyway. why would you install drivers off a 6 month old cd? not to mention those cd are filled with trails and useless programs. i dont think i have ever even put a mb driver cd into a computer. they usually go straight in the trash. if a network card driver wasnt installed by the os and you didnt have another computer with internet access then maybe the cd would be useful. i say ditch the cd.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
i always assumed everyone downloaded drivers from the website anyway. why would you install drivers off a 6 month old cd? not to mention those cd are filled with trails and useless programs. i dont think i have ever even put a mb driver cd into a computer. they usually go straight in the trash. if a network card driver wasnt installed by the os and you didnt have another computer with internet access then maybe the cd would be useful. i say ditch the cd.

The problem is when you have an OS disc that does not have drivers for the network adapter, so you cannot get on the internet to download said drivers, unless you have another PC.

System Name Halloween Boo!
Processor Intel Core i7 3770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z77-Up7
Cooling Custom Water/ Thermalchill TA 120.3/ Swiftech Apogeee XT/ MCP655/ Swiftech M icrores/ XSPC RX 240
Memory 16G G.Skill trident 2400MHz
Video Card(s) 3 x Radeon 7970
Storage OCZ Revo Drive 240G
Display(s) 24 inch Viewsonic
Case Phobia WayCoolIt Test Bench
Power Supply Nexus 1100 watt
This board was made to compete with Gigabyte's Sniper at a lower price BTW. Everone talking about the colors it was not a crap shoot in the dark guys.It is not for everyone but to tell you the truth, it is nice to see different color schemes out there. Mono black on black, mono black with blue and Balck/red was getting pretty boring to tell you the truth.

Red memory does not look bad on the Formula or Sniper too BTW.

Good board for memory oc

Testing with bios 1.42K

Hynix CFR @ 2666

BBSE @ 2600

PSC @ 2600

Samsung @ 2800