• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Didn't work for me driver installed fine until I got to time to enable SLI then it BSOD. Tried installing it twice driver sweeper clean install still everytime I go to enable SLI BSOD. I'm on 8800gtx old cards tho and these are supposedly tweaked for 400 500 600 series. Had to roll back to 306.97.

Sorry I went to sleep right after I posted that last post I think it was nvkldmm.sys BSOD. I think that was only pertinent information on it. If you think there's more you have to tell me. I install it again. Man they making this as hard as custom SLI drivers if this is true. What this is the second time they have done this now......... Anyone else try this yet? maybe its just me but rolling back to 306.97 worked fine we need someone with new cards to try this out. Don't for get to clean the drivers and physx with driversweeper then when you install do a clean install(I also uncheck nvidia update and the stereoscopic 3d drivers).

Nathil

Anatolymik is it possible to force SLi button to show in the new 306 or higher nvidia driver?

Thanks to the 301.42 driver that you modified I got Sli working:rockout:, but I get some warnings in some of the games, that driver is old and I need to update:shadedshu.
Would be awesome if you could help.:rolleyes:

Carlio

Bsod error code

it's new protection. can anybody tell me about BSOD in detail

Technical Information:

** STOP: 0x00000 (0XFFFFFFFFFC000000, 0XFFFFF8804BEA558, 0XFFFFF88003393F58, 0XFFFFF880033937130)

** nvlddmkm.SYS - Address

FFFFF88004BEA558 base at FFFFF88004A6F000, DateStamp 5081D160

opieum

How?!

When i try to boot into Windows 8 x64 HyperSLI i get the following error:

PC needs to reboot:
error 0x00000100

I actually got the same thing for both Windows 8 RTM and Windows 2012. I imagine its something to be updated for the new kernel?

Opium try Windows 8 Release Preview google it and get the iso off msdn(actually its gone now) have to find it on torrents or wait till the Windows 8 RTM new version of HyperSLI is released.

Hope this helps :)

I am running on windows 7 with 2 560 TI 448 cores

opieum

Opium try Windows 8 Release Preview google it and get the iso off msdn(actually its gone now) have to find it on torrents or wait till the Windows 8 RTM new version of HyperSLI is released.

I know the running advice is to use the release preview. But there are notable bugs with it that prevent me from using it as a daily driver. I appreciate the advice but I will wait until the issue is resolved. This is likley due to the new secure boot option OR a kernel version change of some kind.

Windows 8 and Server 2012 support is clearly possible. Just not happening at this point. Its a solid OS with some great performance. Looking forward to seeing HyperSLI on it. If i knew more about the coding I probably could code a fix in. But I need to learn more.

ray__ban

hi all.
anatolymik i have same problem.when i booting windows 8 rtm with hypersli:(
i have sli with msi gtx 460 oc tallon attak,
motherboard asus p8z68 lx-v,soo i can"t use win 8.
i want to know when will be solution,for this bug?
and i am sorry for bad english

wyldesolos

I can confirm the boot error on windows 8 RTM, however HyperSLI will work on the consumer previews just fine. My guess is that something was changed within the efi boot manager between consumer preview and RTM versions. Please let me know anything i can do to help as i really need to get my SLI going again.

a quick search turned up this: http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9230024/Microsoft_blocks_Windows_8_Start_button_boot_to_desktop_hacks

Edit: something else that could be an interesting read http://www.howtogeek.com/116569/htg...e-boot-feature-works-what-it-means-for-linux/

Last edited:
i got to work. about windows 8 it's loader problem. loader from releasepreview i modded will not work on rtm version. i have to rebuild the loader. as for new protection i have to get some stuffs to get some drivers to work then i can see what nvidia did this time. i have some guess though

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
Hi,
I'm using the 306.97 drivers and I'm having random flickering issues, when I say random I mean that it only happens sometimes. For example I've been playing GW2 and it was good. Today when I went to play I got some flickering, tried reinstall the drivers and the HyperSLI but didn't work.
This happened with other games before, some days its good then I get flickering then It gets good again, randomly.
If someone can help me

Thanks

Hi,
I'm using the 306.97 drivers and I'm having random flickering issues, when I say random I mean that it only happens sometimes. For example I've been playing GW2 and it was good. Today when I went to play I got some flickering, tried reinstall the drivers and the HyperSLI but didn't work.
This happened with other games before, some days its good then I get flickering then It gets good again, randomly.
If someone can help me

Thanks

It's because of you use software mode. The matter is software mode based on debug registers of CPU. When the patch is started it set one register to break I/O port intruction access to intercept direct polling of PCI bus. If you use some windows application, let's say this is WinDbg which use debug registers too, there are cases when the OS switches tasks. When switching occured to WinDbg windows restore generel purpose registers and when it see WinDbg use debug registers then windows restores they too. Hence, value of debug register the patch use is lost. To avoid this case the patch create system thread which update register value all the time the system works. But if you use some application which use these registers there is no guarantee the patch would have enough time to update the register. NVIDIA create system thread too which checks system for SLI compatibility all the time. Hence, there may be a case when value of the register is lost, the patch didn't update the value yet and the driver do checking... as result SLI is broken. But on different platforms this behaves different. For example for me, the patch always have enough time to update the value. The only reliable approach is using hardware hypervisor.

dccorona

While awaiting a fix for the problem with windows 8 RTM (the problem where it comes up and says "your pc needs to reboot"), does anyone know of a way to fix the issue (so that I can boot again, without HyperSLI)?

If I manually choose the hard drive as my boot target, I can get in after being told my pc needs to be repaired, but I can't get anywhere when I boot into windows boot manager. As windows boot manager overrides all BIOS boot priorities, this is obviously an annoyance, as I have to actively force the boot to target the HD every time I restart.

So...any way to "roll back" and fix the issue?

billdcon

Just Wanted to Say Thanks to Anatolymik

i got to work. about windows 8 it's loader problem. loader from releasepreview i modded will not work on rtm version. i have to rebuild the loader. as for new protection i have to get some stuffs to get some drivers to work then i can see what nvidia did this time. i have some guess though

As a HyperSLI user, and someone who has recently udgraded to Windows 8, I really appreciate all your hard work on this project. I can't want to see what you are able to do to get over the "Reboot" error all of us Windows 8 users are seeing. Thanks again! :rockout:

wyldesolos

While awaiting a fix for the problem with windows 8 RTM (the problem where it comes up and says "your pc needs to reboot"), does anyone know of a way to fix the issue (so that I can boot again, without HyperSLI)?

If I manually choose the hard drive as my boot target, I can get in after being told my pc needs to be repaired, but I can't get anywhere when I boot into windows boot manager. As windows boot manager overrides all BIOS boot priorities, this is obviously an annoyance, as I have to actively force the boot to target the HD every time I restart.

So...any way to "roll back" and fix the issue?

odd...if i set my hdd as the 1st boot priority windows will fail to load because the boot loader is located in the "windows boot manager partition". Either way.....i tried installing the windows 7 boot loader in an attempt to get hypersli working, but to no avail. Probably would just be better to wait and be patient.

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
It's because of you use software mode. The matter is software mode based on debug registers of CPU. When the patch is started it set one register to break I/O port intruction access to intercept direct polling of PCI bus. If you use some windows application, let's say this is WinDbg which use debug registers too, there are cases when the OS switches tasks. When switching occured to WinDbg windows restore generel purpose registers and when it see WinDbg use debug registers then windows restores they too. Hence, value of debug register the patch use is lost. To avoid this case the patch create system thread which update register value all the time the system works. But if you use some application which use these registers there is no guarantee the patch would have enough time to update the register. NVIDIA create system thread too which checks system for SLI compatibility all the time. Hence, there may be a case when value of the register is lost, the patch didn't update the value yet and the driver do checking... as result SLI is broken. But on different platforms this behaves different. For example for me, the patch always have enough time to update the value. The only reliable approach is using hardware hypervisor.

Thanks for the reply
About my problem... I'm actually using hardware mode, even tried disabling hardware mode and enabling it again and the same still happens. This just started happening recently, could it be because of the 306.97 drivers ?

Edit: Turns out it was the SLI cable causing the flickering, removed it and put it back again and its working fine!

Last edited:

dccorona

odd...if i set my hdd as the 1st boot priority windows will fail to load because the boot loader is located in the "windows boot manager partition". Either way.....i tried installing the windows 7 boot loader in an attempt to get hypersli working, but to no avail. Probably would just be better to wait and be patient.

Just setting it as the 1st boot priority doesn't do the trick, because win boot manager takes 1st priority no matter what. You have to manually force the boot to your HD (as in, select it and say "boot here this time"), so it's something you have to do every time. I just ended up doing a clean install. Big pain in the ass because of the issue windows has where it won't install if you have over 4 HD partitions...ugh

penth

trying to get hypersli working

I have installed Hypersli. first disabled uac, then started install, finished install on boot. and hypersli says im good, but device manager and cpuz/gpuz wont recognize a second card. nor will the nvidia panel. any ideas?

wyldesolos

I have installed Hypersli. first disabled uac, then started install, finished install on boot. and hypersli says im good, but device manager and cpuz/gpuz wont recognize a second card. nor will the nvidia panel. any ideas?

Are you on windows 8 consumer/release preview or RTM/Retail? I did have the preview version and it all worked perfectly, but something has been changed in the RTM version and im pretty sure thats where everyone is encountering the boot errors.

dccorona said:
Just setting it as the 1st boot priority doesn't do the trick, because win boot manager takes 1st priority no matter what. You have to manually force the boot to your HD (as in, select it and say "boot here this time"), so it's something you have to do every time. I just ended up doing a clean install. Big pain in the ass because of the issue windows has where it won't install if you have over 4 HD partitions...ugh

on my motherboard, if i set boot to the actual HDD i just get black screen and the same if i go into boot mode and actually pick the HDD manually. Do you have UEFI bios? or does that even make a difference?

opieum

@anatolymik is there any work being done on being able to expose the VT-X/D or AMD equivalent in hypersli while in hardware mode? I do some gaming on my system but I also run VMware Workstation with some x64 bit linux and mac guests which is what requires the flag it seems. Right now the only way around it is to use hyperSLI in software mode while I run my VMs and then shut it down and switch back. The method works but I would ideally like to just run it in hardware mode seamlessly thanks.