• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Console Porting is killing PC Gaming PQ.

Have Games Stagnated, and who would you blame?

• Weak Spec Consoles (Age Old Hardware)

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • Lazy Game Developers (Cheap Console Ports)

Votes: 53 43.4%
  • Both AMD & NVIDIA (Messed up Drivers)

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • None of the Above

Votes: 19 15.6%

• Total voters
System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Motherboard ASRock Extreme9 Z97
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 980 Strix x 2
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply Corsair AX1200i
The PS4 will NOT use a 7970-equivalent GPU. It's more likely to be something to the tune of a 7770. I also highly doubt they will use an AMD CPU. It's more likely that they will go for something like a Power7-based PowerPC CPU (so developers embrace the system better due to its similar design to other consoles) and a 7770 level GPU--maybe pushing for 7800-series level performance. The big limiting factors are cost, power consumption and heat. You cant shove a massive power hungry GPU into the equivalent of a Micro-ITX case with minimal airflow, and have it run properly. They would basically end up taking a $300-400 GPU and undervolting and underclocking it to the performance level of a $100 GPU anyway, just to get it to run without catching on fire or requiring multiple power connectors.

As for the Xbox 720 (Codename Durango), it's rumored to use a PowerPC-based CPU with a similar design to Bulldozer almost, running high numbers of threads through Core's with shared resources. Last I heard they were having some real bad issues with yield, so who knows how it's going these days. Once again, 6950 is pushing it, more than likely if they go for a 6xxx series-based solution, a 6770 or 6850, or a Southern Islands-based solution, a 7770 or 7750.

The Wii U's a piece of crap.

I highly doubt Sony will play 2nd fiddle and will reach again partly in spec. I can't see them dipping any lower than a 7870 and most likely we'll get a cut rate 7970~7950.

And how is the Wii U crap? For its price its neat hardware. Tablet controller with hardware that probably sips power and having 2GB of shared ram (compared to Xbox 360 512mb of shared and PS3 256/256 dedicated).

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
I highly doubt Sony will play 2nd fiddle and will reach again partly in spec. I can't see them dipping any lower than a 7870 and most likely we'll get a cut rate 7970~7950.

Sony's only real hardware problems were a lot greater than having a slightly lower end GPU. The RSX was a nightmare to program for, Sony's development kits were shit for the first 2-4 years it was out, their distribution of RAM was absurd, and their hardware forced the price of their console through the roof. Sony has already stated they will not release another Console that costs nearly as much as the PS3 did. Microsoft sold the 360 at a massive loss for several years, and their parts aside from the GPU were largely cheaper than Sony in every way (very noticable considering it has something like 2-3x the failure rate).

Now obviously with the cost of Blu-Ray coming down that cuts a huge amount off cost, but it's more than likely Sony will go for a more normal CPU to provide a better environment for multi-platform games, and will use a mid-level GPU to keep costs down and heat\power usage down as well. A 7970 does none of those things. It's more likely they honestly will go with a 6xxx series based GPU to the tune of a 6850 since they could buy them in bulk for cheap, and they are well balanced GPU's. Why on Earth would they get a 7970 or 7950 which has tons of unnecessary and costly GPGPU resources on it for a Gaming Console? It just doesn't make sense financially or even logically.

And how is the Wii U crap? For its price its neat hardware. Tablet controller with hardware that probably sips power and having 2GB of shared ram (compared to Xbox 360 512mb of shared and PS3 256/256 dedicated).

Most of the "launch" titles won't be out until early next year, it is just a 360 CPU with a better GPU and more memory (but RAM is dirt cheap these days anyway), the Tablet controllers can only be used one at a time at launch (and I doubt 2 will ever be useable), there is 0 information available about the online platform Nintendo is building but I assume it's going to be crap just like the Wii's was, it has minimal internal storage, it cannot play Blu-Ray movies or DVD's, you need to use 2 controllers to have a microphone used in most games where you would use it (the "Pro" controller has no microphone port, but the Tablet does), the tablet controller has a really low quality non-multi touch display, the tablet controllers cost $100+ to repair or replace, and a number of other things but most of the things that annoy me are in that list.

System Name Jaspe
Processor Ryzen 1500X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming
Cooling Stock
Memory 16Gb Corsair 3000mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA GTS 450
Storage Crucial M500
Display(s) Philips 1080 24'
Case NZXT
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Enermax 425W
Software Windows 10 Pro
I blame "none of the above" and I'm not the only one apparently. :D

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
Cooling Noctua nh-u12p se2
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR HD 7970 3GB
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD / 2*320GB WDC RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 21" 1650*1080
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Professional PCI
Power Supply OCZ PC Power & Cooling 860W
Software Windows 7 x64

Is there any actual facts being discussed in this thread or is it all just wishful thinking and/or what people would like to be believe? Because I personally, can't see Microsoft dipping any lower than dual 7990's and releasing the xbox720° console with 360° degree visibility helmets. All this for sub €300! I can't wait!

Processor Intel Core i7 3930k
Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Custom built watercooling
Memory 32Gigs of Corsair Vengeance LP White 1600
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD5870
Storage WD Velociraptor 300Gb, Corsair Force GT 120Gb
Display(s) Samsung T220 22" + Benq T905 19" + Samsung 930BF 19"
Case Heavily modded p182
Audio Device(s) Realtek something or other
Power Supply Corsair 600w
Software Windows 8 Pro x64
I'd say its not just the PQ that is getting killed. Games are getting dumbed down, just look at Civ V and XCOM, so silly compared to Civ IV and the original XCOM. (Not as obvious in XCOM as in Civ V though).

Oh and to bring something to the discussion of console gaming vs. pc gaming I give you League of Legends :)

Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
Sony's only real hardware problems were a lot greater than having a slightly lower end GPU. The RSX was a nightmare to program for, Sony's development kits were shit for the first 2-4 years it was out, their distribution of RAM was absurd, and their hardware forced the price of their console through the roof. Sony has already stated they will not release another Console that costs nearly as much as the PS3 did. Microsoft sold the 360 at a massive loss for several years, and their parts aside from the GPU were largely cheaper than Sony in every way (very noticable considering it has something like 2-3x the failure rate).

Now obviously with the cost of Blu-Ray coming down that cuts a huge amount off cost, but it's more than likely Sony will go for a more normal CPU to provide a better environment for multi-platform games, and will use a mid-level GPU to keep costs down and heat\power usage down as well. A 7970 does none of those things. It's more likely they honestly will go with a 6xxx series based GPU to the tune of a 6850 since they could buy them in bulk for cheap, and they are well balanced GPU's. Why on Earth would they get a 7970 or 7950 which has tons of unnecessary and costly GPGPU resources on it for a Gaming Console? It just doesn't make sense financially or even logically.

Most of the "launch" titles won't be out until early next year, it is just a 360 CPU with a better GPU and more memory (but RAM is dirt cheap these days anyway), the Tablet controllers can only be used one at a time at launch (and I doubt 2 will ever be useable), there is 0 information available about the online platform Nintendo is building but I assume it's going to be crap just like the Wii's was, it has minimal internal storage, it cannot play Blu-Ray movies or DVD's, you need to use 2 controllers to have a microphone used in most games where you would use it (the "Pro" controller has no microphone port, but the Tablet does), the tablet controller has a really low quality non-multi touch display, the tablet controllers cost $100+ to repair or replace, and a number of other things but most of the things that annoy me are in that list.

no friend codes. online is free. Nintendo is giving publishers freedom to implement their own online solutions instead of following a TCR like Microsoft.

it comes with 32GB of flash memory but you can add any external hard drive you want. the PS3 optical drive reads at 9mb/s but the Wii U reads at 22mb/s so you don't need to install games.

Last edited:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
no friend codes. online is free. Nintendo is giving publishers freedom to implement their own online solutions instead of following a TCR like Microsoft.

it comes with 32GB of flash memory but you can add any external hard drive you want. the PS3 optical drive reads at 9mb/s but the Wii U reads at 22mb/s so you don't need to install games.

Don't bother Bee. :toast:

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
Is there any actual facts being discussed in this thread or is it all just wishful thinking and/or what people would like to be believe? Because I personally, can't see Microsoft dipping any lower than dual 7990's and releasing the xbox720° console with 360° degree visibility helmets. All this for sub €300! I can't wait!

None of the stuff I'm talking about is 'wishful' thinking you sarcastic ass.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I wouldn't blame drivers, even though you get a few perfomance boosts by a small percentage, the current bleeding edge hardware is more than enough to deal with the most intensive games.
The issue with game devs is that an ENORMOUS amount of their income comes from console games. Like the example above of the amount of players for MW3 on steam compared to XBL, the difference is millions. Those people probably paid $50+ for MW3 on the 360, and the steam users likely paid a little less. Do the maths, if i was a game dev, i wouldnt bother making games for pc to make 30,000+ people happy, I'd rather sap the money from the console players. The AAA titles are all released for consoles because that's what sells.
The issue with the actual console hardware is it's +-7 years old and counting, and those 7 year old machines can run those AAA titles with ease because of the optimisation. The same cant be said for a PC that's 7 years old. Unfortunately when playing those games with what appears to be excellent graphical fidelity, manufacturers dont see the point in advancing hardware to skyhigh limits when they can create a 360 so cheaply to run what the huge population wants.
It's all down to money, what saves it, and what makes it. Not everyone can afford mid to high end gaming rigs to run games when they come out at maximum settings, like crysis, as it costs in excess of a thousand for something brutally awesome, when they can pay a couple of hundred for a generic device that has become so popular. I know every household in my town more than likely has a 360, theyre so cheap.
It's hard to make serious money like that of League of Legends or World of Warcraft on PC. But for consoles, you have yourself a franchise, and consumers throw their money at you incessantly.

Last edited:

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Software Windows 7 x64

Then prove it with reputable links!

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10

http://www.heavy.com/games/game-previews/2012/09/wii-u-top-10-facts-you-need-to-know/

And I know you can add external hard drives, but that's an additional purchase driving up the overall cost of the system. As for Flash Memory there is a 32GB version and 8GB version of the system, the 32GB package is pretty much sold out already, and since Nintendo has artificially limited the amount of systems sold since the SNES to drive up demand, it will probably be a while before any are available at retail price. The Optical Drive in the PS3 is crappy by todays standards, but installing games should have never really been a necessity. While having high capacity Blu-Ray discs was nice, only have a 9MB/s drive was crap when even the 360 managed 15MB/s.

Nintendo has yet to actually show the online portion of the Wii U, and I doubt you'll see it until a few days before the system launches. The whole Online thing is something Nintendo just cannot seem to get working.

It's entirely wishful thinking because you have no actual sources to back up your claims.

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
Then prove it with reputable links!

Meant to say rumors.

Most insiders pushing out info about the Nintendo Wii U was true.

We'll see in the coming year when Sony finally announces its Orb spec list. But again I highly doubt they'll go with a 7660. Lowest I can see them going at is a personal 7870.

While having high capacity Blu-Ray discs was nice, only have a 9MB/s drive was crap when even the 360 managed 15MB/s.

Show me a BR player at the time that had a faster read time than the PS3 for around the same price.

Sony could have gone with DVD route that MS took but look who is hurting who in the console development right now.
And no it wasn't a "necessity" to have a mandatory install for PS3, that one you can truly say was on developers who did not want to figure a way around it.

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Software Windows 7 x64
Meant to say rumors.

Most insiders pushing out info about the Nintendo Wii U was true.

We'll see in the coming year when Sony finally announces its Orb spec list. But again I highly doubt they'll go with a 7660. Lowest I can see them going at is a personal 7870.

Yeah...done a google and there seems to be lots of rumours:

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/review_microsoft-xbox-720-what-we-know-so-far_1727600

In the above article the author states:

2* AMD 8 Core Bulldozer CPU's
2* AMD's latest 7000 series GPU
Games on Bluray.

Erm...and how much is this console going to cost?

P.S. My favourite 'rumour' is mouse and keyboard compatibility. BS of course, as they would be putting the vast majority of armchair/gamepad gamers at a huge disadvantage in much of thier online gaming.

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
Yeah...done a google and there seems to be lots of rumours:

http://www.dnaindia.com/scitech/review_microsoft-xbox-720-what-we-know-so-far_1727600

In the above article the author states:

2* AMD 8 Core Bulldozer CPU's
2* AMD's latest 7000 series GPU
Games on Bluray.

Erm...and how much is this console going to cost?

P.S. My favourite 'rumour' is mouse and keyboard compatibility. BS of course, as they would be putting the vast majority of armchair/gamepad gamers at a huge disadvantage in much of thier online gaming.

400-600 dollars probably.

The PS3 already has keyboard and mouse support, logitech was the biggest pusher of KB/Mouse for the PS3 when it launched.

CSGO supports KB/Mouse, BF3 used too till patch and you can even use a workaround however to use a KB/Mouse, UT3 has KB/Mouse support, etc etc.

Its just a handful of games but Sony has given that option to developers IF they want to implement it.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Lazy game devs.

I will put up with some issues in PC gaming, as long as they patch it. I will buy DLC, as long as its good.

I won't buy the trash like Atari, Ubisoft, and a few other companies put out, just due to their underhanded BS business practices. I don't hate a lot, but when a company or person makes it onto that list they are there for a long, long, long time.

Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Software Windows 10

The PS3 already has keyboard and mouse support, logitech was the biggest pusher of KB/Mouse for the PS3 when it launched.

CSGO supports KB/Mouse, BF3 used too till patch and you can even use a workaround however to use a KB/Mouse, UT3 has KB/Mouse support, etc etc.

Its just a handful of games but Sony has given that option to developers IF they want to implement it.

The article he posted is flat out bull shit. If that article were taken seriously you'd be expecting dual FX-8150's with Crossfired 7970's. For a PC that would cost upwards of $1000, there's no way you're going to make a $400 console with anything close to that. I don't think they will stray from PowerPC.

Sony has flat out said they will not sell their next console at such a high price point, probably closer to what the 360 was at launch. I'd be amazed if any console clears $500 this time around, and would at the same time say any console that does break that is going to be the worst selling one. Sony is not doing so well in really any of its divisions, and probably wants to bridge the gap between their "hardcore" system and the "casual" Wii to try and get their software sales combined with the Wii's hardware sales. Microsoft is in a similar boat,

There are working KB\Mouse setups for every consoles that you can buy if you so choose, but they are really expensive and if you want a KB\Mouse just get the PC version which should logically be better in every way.

Lazy game devs.

I will put up with some issues in PC gaming, as long as they patch it. I will buy DLC, as long as its good.

I won't buy the trash like Atari, Ubisoft, and a few other companies put out, just due to their underhanded BS business practices. I don't hate a lot, but when a company or person makes it onto that list they are there for a long, long, long time.

So because the Publishers have shitty business practices the developers are to blame? :confused:

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D
1- you're a consumer. You are not a hardware giant buying parts in bulk.

2- Sony has Stated they're dropping cell and nvidia picking up all AMD for the PS4

3- we're talking about native keyboard/mouse support for the ps3

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Software Windows 7 x64
There are working KB\Mouse setups for every consoles that you can buy if you so choose, but they are really expensive and if you want a KB\Mouse just get the PC version which should logically be better in every way.

Perhaps they are...but if the keyboard/mouse combo in games works as well as it does on the PC, then those (the majority) gaming on gamepads are going to get pwned online....

....Would a console maker really risk alienating the majority of thier customers to please a few?

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Perhaps they are...but if the keyboard/mouse combo in games works as well as it does on the PC, then those (the majority) gaming on gamepads are going to get pwned online....

....Would a console maker really risk alienating the majority of thier customers to please a few?

Of course they won't. They're exploiting the ignorance of the console gaming peasants, why would they then alienate a sizable proportion of those with just gamepads and cater to the select few who are trying to mimic the superior PC gaming race by using a kb/mouse combo for their proletariat excuse of a gaming contraption?

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D

Didn't we already go over this?

The PS3 already supports Keyboard and Mouse. Now its up to the developer if they want to put kb/mouse support in their games, than its up to the owner of their PS3 if they want to use it or not if the game supports it.

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
I think it's a combination of a few factors.

DirectX, Microsoft, And the lack of a unified cross platform hardware standard.

DirectX is a limiting factor because it's only available on 2 of the platforms, Added into that Microsoft actively endorses DirectX with publishers. This means that Open GL doesn't get used for a large proportion of the games industry when Open GL is probably the least restrictive API in terms of platform.

Had Microsoft allowed openGL to function on an xbox then we would see games on more platforms with less cost in development. We would potentially see, Xbox, PS3(open cl), Windows, OSX, and linux. With the harder programming been for the PS3. However since Xbox doesn't allow for the use of open GL we see a game been developed in DX9, then ported to Open CL and then again to DX10-11.

The lack of a unified hardware standard means bare metal programming is also unusable, as we saw with dos gaming.

The biggest overall problem comes from the manufacturers and the software limitations they put on there machines. Had DX been available on PS3 it would have been utilised but M$ would never allow that. Had Open GL been available on Xbox then the trend would have swung to open GL. And without the ability or permission to allow a 3rd api to be used as a bridge between both platforms then developers are always going to have to maintain the higher cost of development.

PC as a development tool gets stuck in the middle, Most games are designed for console simply because consoles have stricter limitations. You can't expect a game to run badly on a console and then force the consumer to upgrade as happens in the PC market. If you get it wrong it will always be wrong. Likewise games developed on just 1 platform tend to be stronger overall. There is always the odd exceptional title that will defy this but overall a stand alone title on 1 platform will make the absolute most of the platform.

As for console porting killing PC IQ, I think your mistaken, As games are ported up to pc, Not down to console. This is why you see a lot of games appear with DX9-10 standards rather than the DX11 PC standard. Added into that PC's own standards mean that games ported up will make every optimisation for the console look as cut down as they actually are. Wireframes, and textures often show the worst of this, as a higher resolution and the reduction in the distance between user and screen always show off the worst in a game. Wireframes make the perfect example of how hard a Port up can be, since for the most part you have to completely redraw the framework, and this up-scaling is not just on the objects in you view all the time, everything has to be redrawn, Objects, buildings, terrain details, even stupid stuff like explosion debris. The workload is pretty huge.

One of the solutions to the problems at the lower end of the market is using Java, as the program can run on a lot of platforms. Added to that because it is in essence a virtual machine there is no need to create different versions of a game to run on multiple platforms. The Java program is specific to the operating system and hardware, but the function, coding and execution of a program within a Java application is always identical.

Last edited:

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Software Windows 7 x64
Didn't we already go over this?

The PS3 already supports Keyboard and Mouse. Now its up to the developer if they want to put kb/mouse support in their games, than its up to the owner of their PS3 if they want to use it or not if the game supports it.

Oh!?

and what games actually support the keyboard and mouse combination?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Oh!?

wouldnt be surprised if its the same games you find on PC which are FPS/TPS based lmao, probably emulates GP input but without the deadzone that a Stick has

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR5-5600 16GBx2
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT 16GB
Storage TEAMGROUP T-Force Z440 2TB, SPower A60 2TB, SPower A55 2TB, Seagate 4TBx2, Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 + Xitrix WFP-2415
Case Montech Air X
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 FM 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G304
Keyboard Redragon K557 KAIA RGB Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 10
PS3:
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • DUST 514
  • Unreal Tournament 3
That's a LOT. :laugh:

Then there's Xim.

System Name For now
Processor Intel i7-4790K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory Kingston HyperX
Display(s) Overlord
Case Corsair 900D

Oh!?

:rolleyes: /golfclap at actually reading other peoples post

PS3:
  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
  • DUST 514
  • Unreal Tournament 3
That's a LOT. :laugh:

Then there's Xim.

Once again its up to the developers as Sony does allow it :rolleyes: