• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Regarding Dspace

System Name Devil's Hell
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 5 2600X Processor 2nd Gen 3.6GHz
Motherboard MSI X470 GAMING PRO MAX
Cooling Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Segate 2 TB, WMD 250 GB M2
Display(s) Samsung T23B350AR
Case Cooler Master MasterBox Lite 5 RGB ATX Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 Bit
guy's what I want to do is to remove the Tag of Dspace from My installation.

See the situation is that when I install the s/w it keep showing the name of Dspace on the front of the opening page I want to customize it...as the Dspace is open source s/w so it must have a way to do this....just want help for this...thank you in advance...

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
See the situation is that when I install the s/w it keep showing the name of Dspace

Are you talking about installing this? http://www.dspace.org/
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "removing the DSpace tag."

Could you provide some screenshots to supplement what you're trying to say?

PLEASE GUY"s NEED HELP PLEASE PLEASE....

Don't double post, it is against the forum rules. There is an edit button for a reason. Not to mention that this post is completely unnecessary. Give people more than 10 minutes to reply. Cool your jets and try to be more descriptive.

System Name Devil's Hell
Power Supply Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Are you talking about installing this? http://www.dspace.org/
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "removing the DSpace tag."

Could you provide some screenshots to supplement what you're trying to say?

Don't double post, it is against the forum rules. There is an edit button for a reason. Not to mention that this post is completely unnecessary. Give people more than 10 minutes to reply. Cool your jets and try to be more descriptive.

@Aquinus

Sorry for double post...and yes this is the same one I am attaching a jpg in which I have shown the Name what I want to remove from the page...Do I have to change the css or simple code only
because in that case (When I will change the css or code) when next time I will install the s/w it will again show the same thing....I want to edit it as it remains even after new installation....hoping that you would understand what I want....:-(

Attachments

• dspacetag.JPG
    dspacetag.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 248

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Software MacOS 12.1
@Aquinus

Sorry for double post...and yes this is the same one I am attaching a jpg in which I have shown the Name what I want to remove from the page...Do I have to change the css or simple code only
because in that case (When I will change the css or code) when next time I will install the s/w it will again show the same thing....I want to edit it as it remains even after new installation....hoping that you would understand what I want....:-(

I'm sure you can, but it's embedded in the code for DSpace I think. Maybe the SVN might help if your savvy enough to edit some Java and see what is inside DSpace and how it gets handled.

Why do you need to basically re-brand DSpace if you don't mind me asking?

System Name Devil's Hell
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
I'm sure you can, but it's embedded in the code for DSpace I think. Maybe the SVN might help if your savvy enough to edit some Java and see what is inside DSpace and how it gets handled.

Why do you need to basically re-brand DSpace if you don't mind me asking?

@Aquinus

Not basically me This my office managers who do not want to see the dspace tag every time they open the s/w they want to see any thing as (Document Manager) but not the Dspace and being a good employee (Remem JOB : Just Obey Your Boss) I am supposed to do it (While I am little weak at codes) but Have to do this....

thank you for providing me option...:)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
@Aquinus

Not basically me This my office managers who do not want to see the dspace tag every time they open the s/w they want to see any thing as (Document Manager) but not the Dspace and being a good employee (Remem JOB : Just Obey Your Boss) I am supposed to do it (While I am little weak at codes) but Have to do this....

thank you for providing me option...:)

I don't have a whole lot of experience with DSpace so I was really trying to get clarification for others who might know.

Looking briefly it looks like you can update themes inside of the WebUI portion of the application.

Are you editing the files here? (I will link relative to their SVN.)
https://svn.duraspace.org/dspace/ds...i/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/themes/

System Name Devil's Hell
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
I don't have a whole lot of experience with DSpace so I was really trying to get clarification for others who might know.

Looking briefly it looks like you can update themes inside of the WebUI portion of the application.

Are you editing the files here? (I will link relative to their SVN.)
https://svn.duraspace.org/dspace/ds...i/dspace-xmlui-webapp/src/main/webapp/themes/

@Aquinus
Yes I was editing there but it is not effecting when I build again and run it.

Should I have to change in the Jspui also coj it have two section xmlui and jspui

and also which theme it is using as default..I know this stuff is little off-route for you...Thank you for helping me.

Ok send me the svn link too I will join in and may find some thing better but still thank

you.

I was going to this address C://Dspace-1.8.2/Dspace-xmlui/webapp/src/main/webapp/themes

if this one is okey....

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
Yes I was editing there but it is not effecting when I build again and run it.

There may be two copies. One that is created after the project is built and one that comes with the project. If you're editing the files after it is built, then that makes sense by the changes aren't persisting. Are you using an IDE to edit the project or are you just using a text editor?

I'm about to leave for work, so I won't be able to respond much but I will if I can.

System Name Devil's Hell
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
There may be two copies. One that is created after the project is built and one that comes with the project. If you're editing the files after it is built, then that makes sense by the changes aren't persisting. Are you using an IDE to edit the project or are you just using a text editor?

I'm about to leave for work, so I won't be able to respond much but I will if I can.

@Aquinus

yes I am using dreamviewer ok which one file is after built there are two folders 1. "Dspace" 2. "Dspace-1.8.2" in which I should make changes...

thank you fr answers will wait for reply from you...post if you get some thing will be helpful i have 3 days to do this...Meanwhile I am also searching some more things Have got something also will post them if they will work thank you...

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Software MacOS 12.1
@Aquinus

yes I am using dreamviewer ok which one file is after built there are two folders 1. "Dspace" 2. "Dspace-1.8.2" in which I should make changes...

thank you fr answers will wait for reply from you...post if you get some thing will be helpful i have 3 days to do this...Meanwhile I am also searching some more things Have got something also will post them if they will work thank you...

Dreamweaver... ewww. It's okay if you're a visual designer but it is terrible for editing code in my honest opinion. Since it is a Java project, try using an IDE like Netbeans. It should simplify it quite a bit. That way any changes you need to make are done in Netbeans before you build the project. Don't edit the folder where the compiled data goes, I bet that is why it isn't persisting because when the project is built, the files are being over-written by the ones in the project.

System Name Devil's Hell
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Dreamweaver... ewww. It's okay if you're a visual designer but it is terrible for editing code in my honest opinion. Since it is a Java project, try using an IDE like Netbeans. It should simplify it quite a bit. That way any changes you need to make are done in Netbeans before you build the project. Don't edit the folder where the compiled data goes, I bet that is why it isn't persisting.

@Aquinus

You might be right. the thing is what I am editing is the CSS only if i want changes to happen I must change the code I will try this too Then it may hold the changes.

thank you again...will post the results thank you again...

System Name Devil's Hell
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
@Aquinus

I do try to make changes in the code but seems I am not good enough apart from that I change the CSS of the installation and for now I am in safe hands as it is now showing the "whatever" my management wants Now I want to change it completely so What I am going to try is to make changes in the before build files of dspace...will post the results also...send me some options to do so if you are in touch with people who uses dspace. thank you in advance....