• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
For cover you have tress and grass, they work, I've used them.

A suggestion has been made for weapon switching delay, the game is still in alpha remember and everyone has that quick weapon switch advantage atm anyways. In fact every negative and positive about the game applies to everyone.

You can heal, it isn't exactly instantly cause you have to switch and there is a delay between the frequency of healing. For instance you can't spam bandages. I've tried doesn't work. It seems like you criticizing it as if it were a complete game. Most developers don't release alphas precisely because they know people are going to complain at mechanics which aren't even fully developed. The only real issue at hand is you either like a game for reasons x or you don't for reasons x.

I'm sorry if you bought the game and it didn't meet your expectations and I'm glad you are trying to protect others from wasting money in a game that some people may or may not like but to make claims that "if the game didn't have the zombie element, IE war Inc, there'd be no reason to play" is asinine. Such a statement works for practically any game... even day z. Where without its zombies it would just be Arma II.

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64

A suggestion has been made for weapon switching delay, the game is still in alpha remember and everyone has that quick weapon switch advantage atm anyways. In fact every negative and positive about the game applies to everyone.

You can heal, it isn't exactly instantly cause you have to switch and there is a delay between the frequency of healing. For instance you can't spam bandages. I've tried doesn't work. It seems like you criticizing it as if it were a complete game. Most developers don't release alphas precisely because they know people are going to complain at mechanics which aren't even fully developed. The only real issue at hand is you either like a game for reasons x or you don't for reasons x.

I'm sorry if you bought the game and it didn't meet your expectations and I'm glad you are trying to protect others from wasting money in a game that some people may or may not like but to make claims that "if the game didn't have the zombie element, IE war Inc, there'd be no reason to play" is asinine. Such a statement works for practically any game... even day z. Where without its zombies it would just be Arma II.

IE, same thing about DayZ. incomplete game. still in Alpha stage. Moving to Standalone Alpha stage. Sometime mid November apparently.

And people bought Arma II and liked playing it. War Inc sucks and its free to play. Arma II is a simulation in ways. DayZ took this and applied it to a zombie game so it is realistic and there is a more survival aspect to it. War Z took the engine and slapped some things over it to get publicity and sell copies, and are letting people like you claim it is "alpha" and "beta" (it is beta now, by the way) while they work on key features that should've been there to begin with, like climbing ladders, that they are adding as they go.

The grass cover doesn't work because someone can turn down their settings and have no grass. The trees provide enough cover as other games, IE not much. Just because everybody can do it doesn't mean its okay. Once again it is one of those things they didn't bother working on and just threw it in from the original engine to get the game out there. It is instantaneous if you have Bandages DX, a Medkit, or Antibiotics. It takes literally 2 seconds at most to press a number key, the mouse key, and another number key, and bam you're at full health and ready to inhale bullets again. That's retarded.

I'm criticizing it because it is a piece. This is the thing you people screaming "IT IS ALPHA" are not understanding - none of these features are in game, it is stuff they have to code in. They didn't release this to be a good zombie survival game. They released it to get to the market and capitalize on the success of another MOD that is currently FREE and BETTER. And when the standalone comes out, from the work we've already seen on it, it will be loads better than what the War Z is and will be. You don't release a game in a shitty state in "alpha/beta" with good intentions, you do it as a money grab. There's a good reason they didn't charge for DayZ as it is now and why they are blatantly calling the standalone still an alpha, as it has already proven itself through a mod that has been FREE. That is what they have done. As I've previously stated many times I've known this and it has been brutally obvious, but I expected them to at least work on core gameplay mechanics and not do a direct port with a different interface, items, and levels.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
I think it's time for a WarZ clubhouse for those who enjoy it.

Yes. I don't own the game yet but when I do if there isn't one, I will start it.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
The problem with the War Z is it isn't even a challenge. It is an FPS/TPS at its core, not a survival game. The fact that you are supposed to survive, but have no cover in the wilderness, somebody can switch weapons instantly even from inventory, people can heal literally instantly therefore fucking up a firefight where you're outnumbered or overpowered. It isn't fun. I never understood the "I get everything only to get killed" in DayZ, because the maps are so big you rarely see people, and when you do, they are easily avoidable. In the War Z, since the zombie detection is retarded, you'll either get easily spotted by a person or zombie which in turn gets you spotted by a person. I just shot a guy 4 times or so with a shotgun, twice or so with a pistol and he got 2-3 shots on me with a pistol and I'm dead. It's retarded. If you want to play a shooter (a laughable one at that, if the game didn't have the zombie element, IE War Inc, there'd be no reason to play), play WarZ. If you want a survival game, play DayZ. Simple as that. The game is a shooter tacked on with zombie/survival elements to sell, nothing more.

You say it's not a survival game, then you complain about being spotter by a zombie or a person which gets you spotted by more zombies or people (probably since you run). Thats down to bad tactics, use crouch or crawl, and if you do pull a zombie, use a melee weapon and strike it in the head. I rarely ever pull a zombie by accident, and if doing that is and issue and gets you killed because of the attention, then it's living up to it's name of "survival", because you are being too loud or too visible.

If you put that much ammo into someone, you are using the shotgun at the wrong range and most likely hit them with none of the buckshot. I one shot a guy the other day with the Mossberg, but thats because I popped it into the back of his skull at about 5 feet. 15 - 20 ft is 2 - 3 shot with the Mossberg, anything after that, you might as well be throwing rice. I took down a guy with a AA-12 that was going full auto on my with a Jericho, because he was at about 25ft and probably had bad aim, only took 4 shots from the pistol to drop him. It's about using the right weapon at the right range, this isn't a game issue.

It sounds like you are dying to players/zombies and are angry about that, but then your not calling it a survival game when you are dying. You are also complaining about zombie detection on you, while I agree it's a bit over sensitive right now, it's a freaking Alpha. they have been tweaking that already. After watching your old video on low settings where you trashed the game. Then you later said that was on a low settings, but the game doesn't look much better on ultra. Now that I have played it and seen it on ultra, remembering that, I don't take much of what you say to heart, the game looks pretty damn good as well. I been playing with a few friends, and I'm having a blast.

I think it's time for a WarZ clubhouse for those who enjoy it.

Agreed, I'm gonna go start a thread right now.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2766160#post2766160

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
ill be playing DayZ tonight if anyone wants to join me. You can find me via DayZ Commander under the name: Associated_Death

I tend to prefer to help people so yeah.
If you want to play a zombie game where you can also shoot people, play Call of Duty. End of story.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
If you want to play a zombie game where you can also shoot people, play Call of Duty. End of story.

No, because killing people in DayZ is far more enjoyable. Perhaps you should find a server that doesn't have guns?

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
No, because killing people in DayZ is far more enjoyable. Perhaps you should find a server that doesn't have guns?

im referring to people whose sole purpose in playing the game is to shoot other people not "survive the game" especially on Namalsk where you battle the elements as well. Getting shot point blank after giving a guy a ride to his destination simply because him and a friend were having a competition to see how many people each could kill in an hour is B%%1S*$$!!. He apologizes afterwards but im mean really? i could have taken him further if he wanted to find people. the only thing that made it better was that the server saw me as a "hero" for helping people and having a high humanity score so the people I helped gunned him and his friend down so hard so often that they effin quit the server. It is people like that that piss me off. I dont have a problem with bandits killing bandits or people shooting at them but if someone offers you a ride or meds or food to be a friendly, helpful person and you shoot them before or after for "fun" then go F yourself and Effin kill yourself afterwards cause there is a special place in hell for you.
If you are hurt and bleeding to death and a paramedic saves your life but instead of thanking him you shoot him for " fun" or you are dying of thirst and hunger and someone finds you and feeds you and nurses you back from the dead and in thanks you kill them for "jimmies", then you are a sick, twisted person who does not deserve to be saved from anything. And instead should be put down like the rabid dog you are. **end rant**

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Don't know about you but I'm sure am in the mood for a killing spree.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit

Seriously though. Getting in fire fights with people in DayZ is so much more enjoyable because theres so much at stake. If your with other people you have to coordinate too. Have spotters, etc.

You say it's not a survival game, then you complain about being spotter by a zombie or a person which gets you spotted by more zombies or people (probably since you run). Thats down to bad tactics, use crouch or crawl, and if you do pull a zombie, use a melee weapon and strike it in the head. I rarely ever pull a zombie by accident, and if doing that is and issue and gets you killed because of the attention, then it's living up to it's name of "survival", because you are being too loud or too visible.

If you put that much ammo into someone, you are using the shotgun at the wrong range and most likely hit them with none of the buckshot. I one shot a guy the other day with the Mossberg, but thats because I popped it into the back of his skull at about 5 feet. 15 - 20 ft is 2 - 3 shot with the Mossberg, anything after that, you might as well be throwing rice. I took down a guy with a AA-12 that was going full auto on my with a Jericho, because he was at about 25ft and probably had bad aim, only took 4 shots from the pistol to drop him. It's about using the right weapon at the right range, this isn't a game issue.

It sounds like you are dying to players/zombies and are angry about that, but then your not calling it a survival game when you are dying. You are also complaining about zombie detection on you, while I agree it's a bit over sensitive right now, it's a freaking Alpha. they have been tweaking that already. After watching your old video on low settings where you trashed the game. Then you later said that was on a low settings, but the game doesn't look much better on ultra. Now that I have played it and seen it on ultra, remembering that, I don't take much of what you say to heart, the game looks pretty damn good as well. I been playing with a few friends, and I'm having a blast.

So if you use crouch or crawl you can still be seen by zombies easily, and players as well, because zombies don't crawl in this game so anything moving on the ground or crouching is a human. Humans are easy to spot among zombies for some reason too. When you swing your weapon, even if a zombie isn't facing you it hears you and comes running, so if you have one zombie you're trying to kill and have to hit it at the very least 5 times then you've got another one after you then you're not in the greatest spot, especially considering that you die in about 5 zombie hits. It's not anything about being loud or visible, the zombie detection system is retarded.

I'm using both the shotgun and pistol, and no, I'm not. They healed instantly. It was less than 25ft and shots were directly on him and the marker showed it. It isn't a game issue per say because that is how the game is setup but there is an issue because the weapons are not varied enough in the damage they do and the range is retarded. The fact that I can hit someone the same amount of times with both a hammer and flashlight and it kills them shows that. There have been multiple instances where I've shot directly at someone with a shotgun, hit them, and they get the kill on me somehow either being at the same distance or further away. And no, not from headshots.

I don't die to zombies, I die to players. And if I die to players, it is because they either shoot me in the back or I'm unarmed most of the time. It isn't alpha, it is beta. I really love this excuse so much, because it just feeds into the drivel and bullshit they feed you and keeps it going. I mean really, if that was an excuse, than every game company would just release their games saying they are in alpha mode and never change it so people couldn't complain about bugs or glitches or things that aren't there. It is an absolutely STUPID stance to take. They released the game prematurely, and that is that. The game does not look good. Sunlight in your face and trees that look good at far away do not make a game look good. The only things that look good in the game are the humans/zombies. The other textures are absolutely horrid, and so are the environmental objects from anywhere but far away. I mean they graphics would be fine by console standards, but this is a PC game. I don't really care if you "take what I say to heart", that's the beauty of opinions, I can have mine and you can have yours.
Seriously though. Getting in fire fights with people in DayZ is so much more enjoyable because theres so much at stake. If your with other people you have to coordinate too. Have spotters, etc.

Absolutely. I love firefights in DayZ whether I win or lose because a bunch of things can happen. Zombies might approach you during a fight forcing you to move, your opponent may be wounded but not dead and is hidden in the grass and you run up on him and die, you or he may get knocked out without the other knowing it, etc. And the fact of losing your gear that you may not be able to get back at certain spots obviously.

im referring to people whose sole purpose in playing the game is to shoot other people not "survive the game" especially on Namalsk where you battle the elements as well. Getting shot point blank after giving a guy a ride to his destination simply because him and a friend were having a competition to see how many people each could kill in an hour is B%%1S*$$!!. He apologizes afterwards but im mean really? i could have taken him further if he wanted to find people. the only thing that made it better was that the server saw me as a "hero" for helping people and having a high humanity score so the people I helped gunned him and his friend down so hard so often that they effin quit the server. It is people like that that piss me off. I dont have a problem with bandits killing bandits or people shooting at them but if someone offers you a ride or meds or food to be a friendly, helpful person and you shoot them before or after for "fun" then go F yourself and Effin kill yourself afterwards cause there is a special place in hell for you.
If you are hurt and bleeding to death and a paramedic saves your life but instead of thanking him you shoot him for " fun" or you are dying of thirst and hunger and someone finds you and feeds you and nurses you back from the dead and in thanks you kill them for "jimmies", then you are a sick, twisted person who does not deserve to be saved from anything. And instead should be put down like the rabid dog you are. **end rant**

I mean its a game...people are gonna shoot each other. There are times I go through specifically to kill, and actually I'm kill on site from being killed so many times and trusting nobody. And usually when I decide to try and help/trust someone I get killed so I say fuck it. If someone is offering me something and I don't say I'm friendly, then I personally consider myself at will to still do what I want. If I say friendly, I'm not doing anything at that point in time, as I don't believe people should and as I've said I've killed "Friendlies" that have said friendly to other people and then shot them.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
So if you use crouch or crawl you can still be seen by zombies easily, and players as well, because zombies don't crawl in this game so anything moving on the ground or crouching is a human. Humans are easy to spot among zombies for some reason too. When you swing your weapon, even if a zombie isn't facing you it hears you and comes running, so if you have one zombie you're trying to kill and have to hit it at the very least 5 times then you've got another one after you then you're not in the greatest spot, especially considering that you die in about 5 zombie hits. It's not anything about being loud or visible, the zombie detection system is retarded.

I'm using both the shotgun and pistol, and no, I'm not. They healed instantly. It was less than 25ft and shots were directly on him and the marker showed it. It isn't a game issue per say because that is how the game is setup but there is an issue because the weapons are not varied enough in the damage they do and the range is retarded. The fact that I can hit someone the same amount of times with both a hammer and flashlight and it kills them shows that. There have been multiple instances where I've shot directly at someone with a shotgun, hit them, and they get the kill on me somehow either being at the same distance or further away. And no, not from headshots.

I don't die to zombies, I die to players. And if I die to players, it is because they either shoot me in the back or I'm unarmed most of the time. It isn't alpha, it is beta. I really love this excuse so much, because it just feeds into the drivel and bullshit they feed you and keeps it going. I mean really, if that was an excuse, than every game company would just release their games saying they are in alpha mode and never change it so people couldn't complain about bugs or glitches or things that aren't there. It is an absolutely STUPID stance to take. They released the game prematurely, and that is that. The game does not look good. Sunlight in your face and trees that look good at far away do not make a game look good. The only things that look good in the game are the humans/zombies. The other textures are absolutely horrid, and so are the environmental objects from anywhere but far away. I mean they graphics would be fine by console standards, but this is a PC game. I don't really care if you "take what I say to heart", that's the beauty of opinions, I can have mine and you can have yours.

Absolutely. I love firefights in DayZ whether I win or lose because a bunch of things can happen. Zombies might approach you during a fight forcing you to move, your opponent may be wounded but not dead and is hidden in the grass and you run up on him and die, you or he may get knocked out without the other knowing it, etc. And the fact of losing your gear that you may not be able to get back at certain spots obviously.

I mean its a game...people are gonna shoot each other. There are times I go through specifically to kill, and actually I'm kill on site from being killed so many times and trusting nobody. And usually when I decide to try and help/trust someone I get killed so I say fuck it. If someone is offering me something and I don't say I'm friendly, then I personally consider myself at will to still do what I want. If I say friendly, I'm not doing anything at that point in time, as I don't believe people should and as I've said I've killed "Friendlies" that have said friendly to other people and then shot them.
true but if the "friendly" has vetted by multiple people and has not threatend you in any way, is sitting in a vehicle and stated if you needed a ride meet them in a location and they get there and wait for you to get in and you go about acting like you are going to get in but instead of that, you shoot them point blank for "fun" that is not cool. that puts the shooter on mine and many other's shit list. not that my shit list will amount to anything.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Well I am just catching up on this thread after a long weekend lost in the woods. Seems like the new update is working pretty good. I am still having internet issues at home and the new router I ordered was DOA. I have my old linksys on right now but it needs boot cycled around 1-3 hours which sucks. I will try to get on TS tonight to catch up on good times.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Well I am just catching up on this thread after a long weekend lost in the woods. Seems like the new update is working pretty good. I am still having internet issues at home and the new router I ordered was DOA. I have my old linksys on right now but it needs boot cycled around 1-3 hours which sucks. I will try to get on TS tonight to catch up on good times.

It seems the 1.7.3 patch fixed some stuff but on some servers so far AFAIK it has broken the gas station feature where you could pull in and it would auto-refuel. It flashes refueling for 1 sec then stops. I don't know if it is all servers tho.

brandonwh64

It seems the 1.7.3 patch fixed some stuff but on some servers so far AFAIK it has broken the gas station feature where you could pull in and it would auto-refuel. It flashes refueling for 1 sec then stops. I don't know if it is all servers tho.

Hmmm maybe this issue can get fixed. I am loving the combat logging feature. Hopefully this cuts down on loggers.

System Name INTEL/AMD
Processor I7 4790k stock / 1100T@3.8GHZ(on air)
Motherboard GIGABYTE GAMING 5 / GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 / zalmen 9900
Memory 4x4 GB 1600 / 4x4gb 1600
Video Card(s) GTX670 x2 / ATI 5870 x2
Storage 2xcorsair ssd 120gb raid0 /2x adata ssd 120gb
Display(s) 55Iinch LCD / 22inch acer
Case CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3) / Anteck 900
Power Supply Enermax 800EWT / 750 zalman
Software Win 10
I think the combat logging system is a bit broken because it killed me after logg out in the middle of the woods not near anyone or anything for about 10 mins or my character data was messed.

brandonwh64

I think the combat logging system is a bit broken because it killed me after logg out in the middle of the woods not near anyone or anything for about 10 mins or my character data was messed.

Did you fire a shot? If you even shoot your weapon, it starts the 30 seconds timer showing you are in combat. I know it is flawed but its a step in the right direction.

They added this for all servers? Because Lingor has had this since release and I hate not having it.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
List of announced but not yet released DayZ maps:

• Baghdad
  • Dingor
  • Emita City
  • Everon
  • Huertgenwald
  • Isla de Pollo
  • Islad Duala
  • Island Cicada
  • Island Of Nicosia
  • Kellu Island
  • Ovaron Island

New DayZ Map: DayZ Taviana dropped on Nov 4th. it features 2 large islands in the Baltics with a long bridge connecting them and several small islands nearby. They teaked the small boats so they are faster as well as added an inventory to the boats so they are more useful. They tweaked it so that you do not freeze to death as soon as you enter a boat too. As far as atmosphere changes that occured, they turned on the streetlamps! :) The estimated map size is 625km2. Read up more on it at:http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/107701-dayz-taviana-new-dayz-map/

Here is the changelog for version 1.0.1
Version V1.0.1 - 4.11.2012
Initial release

-Included Dayz Version 1.7.3
-Added loot and zombiespawns for custom buildings
-Tweaked spawnrates to fit Tavianas building layout
-Removed the radar of Mi17 Civil, Mi17 Medevac RU and AN-2
-Unbanned GAZ Vodnik
-Unbanned RHIB variants
-Added inventory to boats
-Increased boat speed slightly
-Overhauled native DayZ functions to work with the Tavian enviroment and new vehicles
-Enabled streetlamps (WIP)
-Added object compositions to give a background for those that like to play DayZ in a RPG style (WIP)
-The weather has been changed to fit an island in the baltic sea. (More wind and fog, sorry sniper boyz)
-Temperature calculation has been changed to consider boats. You no longer freeze to death instantly on a boat, you will still loose heat when the weather is bad.

Here is the download link:
http://www.tunngle.net/redirect/redirect.php?to=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.depositfiles.com%2Ffiles%2Fbx0f1qlhu

To install just unpack into the arma2oa folder, activate in arma2 menu and join one of the MYDAYZ#7 servers.

The map guy just updated the map and released some new character skins.

[yt]7ynhLjxiQ40&feature=related[/yt]

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Taviana isn't on Commander, are you sure it was released on the 4th?

check the provided link. It may still be on a limited basis for testing. I know you can snag it via six launcher

Okay this is a bit out of hand. Too many maps releasing - people aren't putting the work into them. Maps like Panethera and Lingor are awesome. Maps like Fallujah and Takistan aren't.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Old but epic.

Also, not all maps are rushed and crap. Not everyone is a professional, paid, map maker.

Last edited by a moderator: