• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64

NAVI_Z

System Name Gamer Rig
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE
Motherboard ASUS M4A78T-E
Cooling Corsair H-50 cpu cooler.Kingston Hyper X ram cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) XFX HD 5870 XXX Edition
Storage WD Velociraptor 300gig ; SAmsung Spinpoint 250gig
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2494 24 inch full 1080p
Case NZXT TEMPEST AIRFLOW KING
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply Kingwin 800w modular
Software Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Not mine, that's Brando's suggestion. My rig runs fine every minute I play any mod on this game, sorry for everyone else.;) Maybe ARMA was geared more towards 5xxx series cards? Crossfire works on the mark, too. Go figure.

its funny u say that cause my sons pc runs a 5870. the pc i use has a 4870.his pc laggs the most! even after trying the script edit posted earlier. maybe a bandwith issue?? :confused:

Pegas-x

Processor Intel Core i5-2400@3780 MHz
Motherboard Asus P8P67
Memory Corsair CMZ12GX3M3A1600C9 + CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9 (16 GB)
Video Card(s) Zotac PCI-E NV ZT-40301-10P GTX465 1024Mb
Storage OCZ Vertex 3 (90 GB), Hitachi (2 TB x2), Seagate (320 GB)
Display(s) 19" Samsung SyncMaster
Case Termaltake Element S
Audio Device(s) Creative
Software Windows 7 x64, Ultimate SP1
DayZ very impresses...

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
its funny u say that cause my sons pc runs a 5870. the pc i use has a 4870.his pc laggs the most! even after trying the script edit posted earlier. maybe a bandwith issue?? :confused:

normally the only lag i get with my 5850 is when I am in Sabina. Even with the script, it only helps a little bit. I also dont know if the modded cfg file is going to prevent me from seeing targets at a longer distance.

I dont have anything to do today so ill be on the 400+ Taviana Server tonight working on basecamps. Ill be on TS as well. Feel free to join me. Make it feel less lonely there.
***update as of 7:47PM CST***

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
normally the only lag i get with my 5850 is when I am in Sabina. Even with the script, it only helps a little bit. I also dont know if the modded cfg file is going to prevent me from seeing targets at a longer distance.

I dont have anything to do today so ill be on the 400+ Taviana Server tonight working on basecamps. Ill be on TS as well. Feel free to join me. Make it feel less lonely there.
***update as of 7:47PM CST***Im switching from playing the 400+ vehicle server for Taviana after i watched sidechat listing server hacking tools and how to use them along with the admin killing and TPing players on request. As well as giving out Coords of players to known bandits. I will now be moving to the DayZland.eu whitelisted server. They update the whitelist every 30 min. it is the Official Taviana server. feel free to join me.

Hey guys I am back from being in the woods all weekend! So our camp is gone? I noticed that someone took all the stuff out of the tents except some road flares. before I logged out friday I had three more vehicles in our camp including erockers truck. I think we need to move the camp further to the coast line and also figure out what server we want to do this on. Does the new server you play on have just as many vehicles as the keyhole gaming? Also what is the server rules (3DP, Tags, Tracer, exc!)

Hey guys I am back from being in the woods all weekend! So our camp is gone? I noticed that someone took all the stuff out of the tents except some road flares. before I logged out friday I had three more vehicles in our camp including erockers truck. I think we need to move the camp further to the coast line and also figure out what server we want to do this on. Does the new server you play on have just as many vehicles as the keyhole gaming? Also what is the server rules (3DP, Tags, Tracer, exc!)

I logged in not too long after you logged out on Friday night, and your camp was already gone. Erocker's truck was still there, but it was parked out in the open. I put on a sneak because you could hear engine noise coming from below, I figured it was your ural, but when I got to the base of the hill it was someone who had one of the airplanes spun up. You could hear it clear up there.

brandonwh64

I logged in not too long after you logged out on Friday night, and your camp was already gone. Erocker's truck was still there, but it was parked out in the open. I put on a sneak because you could hear engine noise coming from below, I figured it was your ural, but when I got to the base of the hill it was someone who had one of the airplanes spun up. You could hear it clear up there.

Yea if we start up a new base on that server or the other one (whichever we decide) we can find a more suitable base location.

brandonwh64

^^^ ducky I understand the hacking and such but the vehicles is what really brought me to that server. The map is insainly large compared to chernarus. Having to walk that long ass way just to loot is going to be my downfall on how much I play in that server. With the 400+ vehicles you stand a chance of running across one that you can use until you log out.

brandonwh64

well, Im not saying it does not have lots of vehicles, im saying they dont brag about it to attract people. I only played at night so I did not spend much time looking. I did find a bicycle. It was one of those "Stormtrooper" mountain bikes too! Ill see if i cant find a few for yah. I have not moved on to Sabina yet.

I will put in for whitelisting but I do not know my GUID

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
I will put in for whitelisting but I do not know my GUID

join a dayz game and go to chat and type #beclient guid
the string of characters will be your guid.

I just posted on the support forum for the server asking them about the vehicle commonality.

brandonwh64

join a dayz game and go to chat and type #beclient guid
the string of characters will be your guid.

I just posted on the support forum for the server asking them about the vehicle commonality.

Thanks ducky, let us know what they say.

ianbanks

There's some real nonsense in this thread about the Keyhole (400+ Vehicle) server that I'd like to address.

Im switching from playing the 400+ vehicle server for Taviana after i watched sidechat listing server hacking tools and how to use them along with the admin killing and TPing players on request.

Discussion of hacking tools wouldn't be permitted; the administrators even avoid mentioning specifics about scripting because we don't want to advertise them. We don't use them ourselves. The server allows us to do things like teleport people that are glitched in walls.

If you ask us to kill you (because you've landed on a remote island and don't fancy the 5000m swim to land, for example) we will. We certainly wouldn't kill another player at your request. In any case you can do so through the "Respawn" option trick. We also only use teleports in ways that do not affect game play, such as restoring you to where you were after a bug, glitch or unexpected shutdown (for example if you were flying over the ocean).

As well as giving out Coords of players to known bandits.

This is rubbish, I have no idea where you got this idea from. We are enormously careful to avoid giving out any information that would affect game play or assist anyone. At most we tell people what happened after everyone is out of the area, and this is almost always because someone complains of hacking when it was in fact a legit kill. We don't mention names, either, so if you did sniper someone and they thought it was hacking they still won't know who it was.

Brandon, the new server does not claim to have 400+ vehicles, it is more realistic and not really filled with "bambi killers"

You spawn with a Makarov, no one is a harmless bambi.

but then again having 400+ vehicles puts major strain on the server since the server and hive have to keep up with all those vehicles but also bullets etc.

This is rubbish too; players in vehicles use 25% of the bandwidth of those outside of vehicles and while driving they do not spawn CPU intensive zombies and loot. A typical server also has 5000 or more other "vehicles" on it: loot piles, zombies, buildings and most other things are handled as vehicles in ARMA and are more or less treated identically to drivable vehicles.

The 400+ server has been involved in suspicious activities whereas the new server, it hard core against hacking etc. It is supported by the actual map maker.

The Taviana port author talks to me regularly, and the administrators of that server are quite keen to get our anti-hacking tools (Keyhole). I can say without a doubt that the Keyhole 400+ vehicle server is far, far less affected by scripters than any other Taviana server. Your assertion that it is simply isn't true.

You're also going to discover that the other server (while great) is very Euro-centric, and often doesn't have people or Administrators on during the times you might want to play.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
There's some real nonsense in this thread about the Keyhole (400+ Vehicle) server that I'd like to address.

Discussion of hacking tools wouldn't be permitted; the administrators even avoid mentioning specifics about scripting because we don't want to advertise them. We don't use them ourselves. The server allows us to do things like teleport people that are glitched in walls.

If you ask us to kill you (because you've landed on a remote island and don't fancy the 5000m swim to land, for example) we will. We certainly wouldn't kill another player at your request. In any case you can do so through the "Respawn" option trick. We also only use teleports in ways that do not affect game play, such as restoring you to where you were after a bug, glitch or unexpected shutdown (for example if you were flying over the ocean).

This is rubbish, I have no idea where you got this idea from. We are enormously careful to avoid giving out any information that would affect game play or assist anyone. At most we tell people what happened after everyone is out of the area, and this is almost always because someone complains of hacking when it was in fact a legit kill. We don't mention names, either, so if you did sniper someone and they thought it was hacking they still won't know who it was.

This is rubbish too; players in vehicles use 25% of the bandwidth of those outside of vehicles and while driving they do not spawn CPU intensive zombies and loot. A typical server also has 5000 or more other "vehicles" on it: loot piles, zombies, buildings and most other things are handled as vehicles in ARMA and are more or less treated identically to drivable vehicles.

The Taviana port author talks to me regularly, and the administrators of that server are quite keen to get our anti-hacking tools (Keyhole). I can say without a doubt that the Keyhole 400+ vehicle server is far, far less affected by scripters than any other Taviana server. Your assertion that it is simply isn't true.

You're also going to discover that the other server (while great) is very Euro-centric, and often doesn't have people or Administrators on during the times you might want to play.

I apologize if you and i dont see eye to eye but, ingame I distinctly watched the sidechat scroll by talking about how to use NaviCat to kill people along with people specifically requesting certain people be killed and coords provided once they are teleported or spawned. If you want the names of the players talking about it I can provide them to you. I was speculating about the server load and vehicles. It only made sense to see having large numbers of vehicles on a server with a large map and lag in areas like Sabina. That was my point. Sabina lags due to how much stuff has to be rendered on the fly. It may not be only the server, but also the player. I know you guys have an inset anti-hacking tool that is effective. Im not saying you dont prevent hacking. I was stating the fact that the other server has Strong Anti-hacking tools in place. As far as bambi killing goes, someone spawns with a makarov only to get almost insta-killed by someone with say a DMR, I'd say, that is a bambi kill (I use "bambi kill" because I saw it described in sidechat. I had never heard the term before). a makarov may be decent versus Zombies but once you go up against a well equipped player, you are screwed. I enjoy playing on your server but I also enjoy the Euro one too.

Last edited:

brandonwh64

Ian, I am glad you chimed in cause I was not seeing what ducky had been seeing. The server is well ran and when a hacker is detected they are dealt with. I know for sure I will continue to play on your server and know I can with confidence that any hacker found will be banned.

Also duckys in game name is Associated_Death

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11

I love your server, thanks for helping me out when I was stuck in the jerkoff pose.

Ian, I am glad you chimed in cause I was not seeing what ducky had been seeing. The server is well ran and when a hacker is detected they are dealt with. I know for sure I will continue to play on your server and know I can with confidence that any hacker found will be banned.

Agreed. I like the hell out of that server.

Also duckys in game name is Associated_Death

Ha! Is that like saying that this liter of cola is for a cop?:laugh:

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
LOL naa just if he was wondering who ducky was since his ingame name is different

yeah yeah yeah. I guess I was playing at an odd time. I know what i saw. It does not mean ill stopm playiong it. that post was me pissed off and Ive fixed it.

brandonwh64

yeah yeah yeah. I guess I was playing at an odd time. I know what i saw. It does not mean ill stopm playiong it. that post was me pissed off and Ive fixed it.

I am just relaying that I didn't see what you did, but if I do I will def take screenshots of it cause I have started using bandicam each game session

ianbanks

I apologize if you and i dont see eye to eye but, ingame I distinctly watched the sidechat scroll by talking about how to use NaviCat to kill people along with people specifically requesting certain people be killed and coords provided once they are teleported or spawned.

We don't use NaviCat, and you can't kill people via the database. I'm the only administrator with access to do things in game (like kill or teleport people). To top it off the database coordinates don't relate directly to the map coordinates, and I don't think I've ever explained to the other administrators how to convert between the two. It sounds like you've seen this on another server.

Sabina lags due to how much stuff has to be rendered on the fly. It may not be only the server, but also the player.

There aren't that many cars in Sabina; they all tend to migrate out fairly quickly. There are currently just over 10, and they are spread out enough that you are unlikely to be rendering more than one.

JNUKZ

System Name NUK Little Machine
Processor Pentium G850 > I5 3570k
Motherboard AsRock Z77 PRO3
Cooling Intel Stock > TR True Spirit 140
Memory 8Gb Kingston 1600MHz
Video Card(s) MSI HD7770
Storage WD blue 500gb
Display(s) Asus VW222U/Samsung BX2235
Case CoolerMaster K350
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Corsair CX430 V2
Software Windows 7 64Bits
I'm going to buy A2: OA tomorrow, does TPU still have a DayZ server?
btw i'm using A2 free hope this doesn't create any problem.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
We don't use NaviCat, and you can't kill people via the database. I'm the only administrator with access to do things in game (like kill or teleport people). To top it off the database coordinates don't relate directly to the map coordinates, and I don't think I've ever explained to the other administrators how to convert between the two. It sounds like you've seen this on another server.

There aren't that many cars in Sabina; they all tend to migrate out fairly quickly. There are currently just over 10, and they are spread out enough that you are unlikely to be rendering more than one.

thank you for your response. i admit, i do not know how these server operate. Any assumptions i made/make concerning the operation is coming from my days running a minecraft server. i'm sorry if i pissed you off with my opinionated statements. If I notice anything out of the ordinary, i will try to screenshot it for you. i enjoy playing on your server and have slowly gravitated away from being willing to help people and not shoot other players to shooting on site.

I'm going to buy A2: OA tomorrow, does TPU still have a DayZ server?
btw i'm using A2 free hope this doesn't create any problem.

There is not a tpu server, you will have to friend one of us to fond out where we are playing.

Using the free version of arma will make your textures look like hell, there is a big difference. I'd wait for a cheap bundle with the two, kind of a waste and rip to buy them separately.

JNUKZ

System Name NUK Little Machine
Processor Pentium G850 > I5 3570k
Motherboard AsRock Z77 PRO3
Cooling Intel Stock > TR True Spirit 140
Memory 8Gb Kingston 1600MHz
Video Card(s) MSI HD7770
Storage WD blue 500gb
Display(s) Asus VW222U/Samsung BX2235
Case CoolerMaster K350
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply Corsair CX430 V2
Software Windows 7 64Bits
yes i know, but I'm short of money and I was waiting to buy it and now steam have this autumn sales. Better than don't play it...
But thanks anyways :)