• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASROCK Fatal1ty 990FX Professional PROBLEMS

maki1001

HY FROM CROATIA I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MBO
TURNED INTERNET UPSIDE DOWN BUT NO SOLUTION OR HELP.

SPECS
Case -Collermaster CM690 WHITE
CPU - AMD PHENOM II T1100
CPU Cooler - CNPS11 ZALMAN
Motherboard - Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
GPU - TRIED 3 OF THEM:ASUS 6850, SAPPHIRE 5850, SAPPHIRE 5450
Memory - CORSAIR LOW PROFILE 2x4GB
PSU - TRIED 2 OF THEM CORSAIR TX750 AND TX850
HDD - SSD CORSAIR 120gb

Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks but one day:
On boot, it seems as though the motherboard isn't powering on, although the case fans/leds and CPU and GPU fans all turn on. There is no video being displayed to the monitor through either VGA/DVI/HDMI, no beeps, and Dr Debug LED on the motherboard does not light up at any point and reset and power button on MBO stay off. I've made sure all connections were secure, tested each RAM slot and only used 1 stick. I've also tried using a USB keyboard and PS2 keyboard, used all PCIE slots with different VGA cards . I've also tried removing the CMOS battery and clear CMOS wihh JUMPER and with BUTTON fow short and 8 hours long period of times multiplle times, did not seem to help.

TRIED ALL OF THIS WITH DISMANTLED EVERYHTHING, TAKE OUT CPU, ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS OUTSIDE THE CASE... NO GO
PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE (i think its the bios bug or something or bios chip died - did not overclock nothing)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard B550 Aorus PRO V2
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Trio X
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME/Supertalent Teranova 2x1TB
Display(s) Acer XV340CK
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G513 Tactile
Software Windows 10 Pro
HY FROM CROATIA I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MBO
TURNED INTERNET UPSIDE DOWN BUT NO SOLUTION OR HELP.

SPECS
Case -Collermaster CM690 WHITE
CPU - AMD PHENOM II T1100
CPU Cooler - CNPS11 ZALMAN
Motherboard - Fatal1ty 990FX Professional
GPU - TRIED 3 OF THEM:ASUS 6850, SAPPHIRE 5850, SAPPHIRE 5450
Memory - CORSAIR LOW PROFILE 2x4GB
PSU - TRIED 2 OF THEM CORSAIR TX750 AND TX850
HDD - SSD CORSAIR 120gb

Everything worked fine for about 2 weeks but one day:
On boot, it seems as though the motherboard isn't powering on, although the case fans/leds and CPU and GPU fans all turn on. There is no video being displayed to the monitor through either VGA/DVI/HDMI, no beeps, and Dr Debug LED on the motherboard does not light up at any point and reset and power button on MBO stay off. I've made sure all connections were secure, tested each RAM slot and only used 1 stick. I've also tried using a USB keyboard and PS2 keyboard, used all PCIE slots with different VGA cards . I've also tried removing the CMOS battery and clear CMOS wihh JUMPER and with BUTTON fow short and 8 hours long period of times multiplle times, did not seem to help.

TRIED ALL OF THIS WITH DISMANTLED EVERYHTHING, TAKE OUT CPU, ALL POSSIBLE COMBINATIONS OUTSIDE THE CASE... NO GO
PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE (i think its the bios bug or something or bios chip died - did not overclock nothing)

Take a good look at the CPU pins to make sure none of them are bent/broken off,also does your mother board have duel bios?

maki1001

PC has never been overclocked in that 2 weeks, I just get it together and run for 2 weeks. CPU pins are OK (first thing I did - probably it would not work 2 weeks at all if that was the case). I ned to try CPU on another bord and another CPU on asrock board, will try that this weekend i think. NO dual BIOS just one CHIP on board :-(, 5 HOURS AGO I EMAILED Acrock for help and new BIOS CHIP if possible BUT STILL NO REPLY - probably time diference

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard B550 Aorus PRO V2
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Trio X
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME/Supertalent Teranova 2x1TB
Display(s) Acer XV340CK
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G513 Tactile
Software Windows 10 Pro
PC has never been overclocked in that 2 weeks, I just get it together and run for 2 weeks. CPU pins are OK (first thing I did - probably it would not work 2 weeks at all if that was the case). I ned to try CPU on another bord and another CPU on asrock board, will try that this weekend i think. NO dual BIOS just one CHIP on board :-(, 5 HOURS AGO I EMAILED Acrock for help and new BIOS CHIP if possible BUT STILL NO REPLY - probably time diference

i think you should return the board for a replacement,it is extreamly unlikely that it is a faulty cpu.