• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Western Digital Ups My Book Live Duo Capacity to 8 TB

WD today announced that My Book Live Duo is now available in an 8 TB storage capacity. My Book Live Duo is a personal cloud storage system that combines the benefits of shared storage and remote access with double-safe backup or increased capacity of a dual-drive system with RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) technology.

Compatible with Mac and PC operating systems, My Book Live Duo continuously maintains a second copy of all files for real-time data backup in mirrored mode (RAID 1). Half the capacity is used to store users' data and half is used for a second copy. In the unlikely event that one drive fails, data is protected because it's duplicated on the other drive. For automatic backup Windows users can use the included WD SmartWare software and Mac users can utilize all the features of Apple Time Machine backup software to protect their data.

As with WD's My Book Live personal cloud storage solution, My Book Live Duo connects to the home network to create shared storage that users can access within the home or anywhere in the world through secure remote access. Remote access to My Book Live and My Book Live Duo is available on any computer through https://www.wd2go.com and with WD mobile apps for iOS or Android smartphones and tablets.

COMPATIBILITY:

My Book Live Duo is compatible with Windows 8, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X Leopard, Mountain Lion, Snow Leopard, or Lion, as well as DLNA/UPnP enabled devices.

AVAILABILITY:

My Book Live Duo is available in 4 TB, 6 TB and 8 TB capacities at select U.S. retailers and online at http://www.wdstore.com starting at $389.99 USD MSRP.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular