• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Doom 3 HD pack+ RELEASED!!

I understand it, that's why I wondered. In real life lack of lighting = darkness and lack of heat = cold.

And thank you for your detailed explanation :)

Nah, I actually glad you reminded me about the game, because I started all over again on nightmare, but this time with a gamepad :D You don't wanna know how hard it is, it's almost hopeless how lame I'm with that thing, and I drop like flies now;)

Nah, I actually glad you reminded me about the game, because I started all over again on nightmare, but this time with a gamepad :D You don't wanna know how hard it is, it's almost hopeless how lame I'm with that thing, and I drop like flies now;)

Gamepad is nightmare itself, especially when you're against flying creatures like cacodaemons or lost souls. :D In Doom 2 it was fun with auto-aim. But I remember how scary it was playing with controller in Alien: Resurrection. It was damn hard to kill a single facehugger but when they come in dozens chances to survive <1% :rolleyes:

System Name RiseZEN Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ Auto
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i Elite Capellix AIO, 280mm Radiator, Dual RGB 140mm ML Series PWM Fans
Memory G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS DUAL RX 6700 XT DUAL-RX6700XT-12G
Storage Corsair Force MP500 480GB M.2 & MP510 480GB M.2 - 2 x WD_BLACK 1TB SN850X NVMe 1TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix 34” XG349C 180Hz 1440p + Asus ROG 27" MG278Q 144Hz WQHD 1440p
Case Corsair Obsidian Series 450D Gaming Case
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries 5Hv2 w/ Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply Corsair RM750x Power Supply
Mouse Razer Death-Adder + Viper 8K HZ Ambidextrous Gaming Mouse - Ergonomic Left Hand Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64-Bit Edition
Benchmark Scores I'm the Doctor, Doctor Who. The Definition of Gaming is PC Gaming...
Well I cleared the entire BFG Edition. Love the extra levels. The Double Barrel Shotgun was the best gun IMO.
The game play, movement and graphics are so much better than the original excluding texture packs of coarse.

Give me DOOM 4 with a military grade Auto Shotgun and a Double Barrel please :D

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
I'm leaning toward BFG Edition vs mods because it adds new content, specifically The Lost Mission, an 8 level section that was cut from the original game.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Well I cleared the entire BFG Edition. Love the extra levels. The Double Barrel Shotgun was the best gun IMO.
The game play, movement and graphics are so much better than the original excluding texture packs of coarse.

Give me DOOM 4 with a military grade Auto Shotgun and a Double Barrel please :D

Agree. It is well past time for DOOM 4!!!

I'm leaning toward BFG Edition vs mods because it adds new content, specifically The Lost Mission, an 8 level section that was cut from the original game.

I actually missed that there was new content with the BFG version of the game:toast:

Gosh, it's really sad that some gameplay elements got dumb down. They nerfed monster respawn in some key places, just because it's difficult for console players to aim for lost souls and other frenzy enemies. :rolleyes: And they could add some option where player could choose between shoulder mounted light or classic flashlight.

However BFG edition is really good, I like their optimizations. Faster loading times and no fps drop at all. Indeed, they should've optimized some gameplay elements and fix shadow fx but nevermind. It's also nice that they included No Rest For The Living episode.

Gosh, it's really sad that some gameplay elements got dumb down. They nerfed monster respawn in some key places, just because it's difficult for console players to aim for lost souls and other frenzy enemies. :rolleyes: And they could add some option where player could choose between shoulder mounted light or classic flashlight.

However BFG edition is really good, I like their optimizations. Faster loading times and no fps drop at all. Indeed, they should've optimized some gameplay elements and fix shadow fx but nevermind. It's also nice that they included No Rest For The Living episode.

- Almost everything is stored in a binary format now, since they had to load things very fast from the DVDs on the consoles with idtech5, and now it's almost instant from HDDs and SSDs.
- There are so many good custom maps for the original, so I'm not really excited about the "new" mission. It's nice to have and everything indeed, but let's not forget that it's mostly just the very same assets with different scripts/tasks.
- The 120Hz support and the more responsive gameplay -on the other hand- is really really nice, i love it:toast:
- About the difficulty and the PC only specific things: I think it's gonna be like that in the future.. they will do everything for the console and nothing else, release it on the PC as well and apologize for the inconvenience from the PC gamers about how little more they can offer with the PC port (if any), and then they will fix things later if they have the time and/or the resources. Money talks you know, and money is at the consoles now, the few faithful/desperate/enthusiast id software fan on the PC can and must wait:)

Ikaruga said:
they will do everything for the console and nothing else, release it on the PC as well and apologize for the inconvenience from the PC gamers about how little more they can offer with the PC port (if any), and then they will fix things later if they have the time and/or the resources. Money talks you know, and money is at the consoles now, the few faithful/desperate/enthusiast id software fan on the PC can and must wait:)

Yes I agree, today it's all about consoles and mobile platforms. I miss Duke and Doom times though. :)