• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU/CPU feedback

Processor i7 6900k @ 4.3GHZ
Motherboard MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon
Cooling CPU/GPU loop with 480mm and 360mm radiators
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz C15
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA 1080 SC ACX @ 1830/1330
Storage Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, WD 2TB Black HDD
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply EVGA 850W Gold 80 plus PSU
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hey guys, I have been doing a fair bit of research on PC parts. The GPU which i have selected for my PC build is the Asus HD7970 ROG Matrix Platinum. I am wanting to spend $750, Max, on the GPU and i have been told that, at $599 this is the best for money in terms of performance, lifetime and OC capability. I have chosen to buy parts, if possible, from my local store. Here is a link to the page which lists the graphics cards available https://www.ple.com.au/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryId=259. In terms of CPU, I have also been told that, for gaming, the optimal processor to in terms of both price and performance is the i7 3770k 3.5Ghz 8mb. I would like to keep the CPU under $400, because i feel that for gaming, that is all that is nessecary, however please correct me if i'm wrong and if you know of any better processors for gaming, please let me know. Here is the link to processors available at my local store, however i do feel as if the options are fairly limited - https://www.ple.com.au/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryId=235. I have settled with this GPU and CPU after a fair bit of research and persuation but if you feel as if i could get something more optimal for my budget, please let me know :) In case you are wondering what the other parts that i have chosen are, heres a link; https://www.ple.com.au/ViewWishlist.aspx?WishlistGuid=781da528-a50c-4f99-8ce1-a6c09089166d. If you would like to give feedback on the other parts i would also appreciate it - I understand that the RAM is overkill :p

Thanks for all of your help and advice so far, just thought i'd let you know where i am at in terms of the build. Sorry if i have not made adjustments according to your feedback, there has been so much good advice and i have had to compromise. Sorry if what i'm saying is repetitive, i have have been given different opinions and advice both on line and from friend and i just want to make sure that i am getting the absolute best that i can for the money i have available.

Cool your in Perth too.
Ok then. Id drop the 3770k to a 3570k as chances are you will never utilize hyperthreading.
GPU is a animal. Truly a beast.
PSU you could drop down to a AX750 or AX850 from Corsair. They are a much nicer psu and cheaper than the Antec unit.
H100 is good, just be aware though that this is the old model, the newer model - H100i is much better in terms of build quality. You'll want to replace those fans that come with it as well as they are noisy. You will have to mount the rad underneath the top grill and fans below from memory in the 410.
Nice case, I have the 810 that I bought from PLE. NZXT are really forward thinkers in terms of modding options for their cases.
32gb of ram is overkill imho. The 16gb gskill 2133 kit is half that price ($149) and you wouldnt see any performance drop. The ivy chips love a nice high memory speed.
Glad you are going with an intel ssd as well. Too many have fallen victim to cheap brands like ocz when it comes to ssds. Intel top notch. You wont have any dramas with it.
If PLE dont have a part you're chasing Netplus in osborne park is also good. Tell them Damo sent you.
If you need a hand building it etc mate, drop me a pm.
:rockout:

Processor i7 6900k @ 4.3GHZ
Motherboard MSI X99A Godlike Gaming Carbon
Cooling CPU/GPU loop with 480mm and 360mm radiators
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator 3000MHz C15
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA 1080 SC ACX @ 1830/1330
Storage Samsung 950 Pro M.2 512GB, WD 2TB Black HDD
Case Corsair 900D
Power Supply EVGA 850W Gold 80 plus PSU
Software Windows 10 Pro
Cool your in Perth too.
Ok then. Id drop the 3770k to a 3570k as chances are you will never utilize hyperthreading.
GPU is a animal. Truly a beast.
PSU you could drop down to a AX750 or AX850 from Corsair. They are a much nicer psu and cheaper than the Antec unit.
H100 is good, just be aware though that this is the old model, the newer model - H100i is much better in terms of build quality. You'll want to replace those fans that come with it as well as they are noisy. You will have to mount the rad underneath the top grill and fans below from memory in the 410.
Nice case, I have the 810 that I bought from PLE. NZXT are really forward thinkers in terms of modding options for their cases.
32gb of ram is overkill imho. The 16gb gskill 2133 kit is half that price ($149) and you wouldnt see any performance drop. The ivy chips love a nice high memory speed.
Glad you are going with an intel ssd as well. Too many have fallen victim to cheap brands like ocz when it comes to ssds. Intel top notch. You wont have any dramas with it.
If PLE dont have a part you're chasing Netplus in osborne park is also good. Tell them Damo sent you.
If you need a hand building it etc mate, drop me a pm.
:rockout:
Cheers, Mate. Much appreciated. Do you where i may be able to pick up a H100i? And what do you mean by
You will have to mount the rad underneath the top grill and fans below from memory in the 410.
And i must admit, i don't actually fully understand how a closed loop cooling system works. Thanks again.