• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Annoying refresh problem.

Let me start by saying I didn't really know where to post this so if it's in the wrong section I am sorry, also not really sure how to explain my problem other than just to run it through you so here goes...

At least 2 - 3 times a week (sometimes it can be 2 - 3 times an hour) I'd be generally using the net for TPU and checking out who's having babies on Facebook but every time I close the window and reopen it on Facebook for example it would log me out whilst also requiring the 2-step authentication to log me back in, yet I didn't even log out beforehand? Even with TPU I had 9 thread updates, went though each one as one would to close the window after I've done but again I reload the page and it's like I was never there just those few minutes ago?? It was less frequent when I was using Windows 7 but it did still happen.

:banghead:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
but every time I close the window and reopen it on Facebook for example it would log me out whilst also requiring the 2-step authentication to log me back in, yet I didn't even log out beforehand?

Some browsers clear your cookies and don't let them persist from one instance of your browser to another. There may be a way to prevent this from happening but I think it is to keep cookies from building up.

I actually thought cookies only got wiped every 20 days... or now I think of it that's browsing history :roll: