• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flash fail Sapphire HD4670

Nitric

Hi, i have problem flashing my card Sapphire HD4670 gddr4 512.
I edit bios using RBE for fan speed then flash success , i restart pc then i heard 3 beep.
I've try many command with winflash and atiflash still can't flash

Im using onboard display now and open GPUZ my card detect different model :banghead:

if i use my card as primary display i just get black screen and beepbeepbeep sound at start my pc load but just black screen
i try -f -p 0 still the same also unlockrom 0
pls help how to overwrite that rom :cry: :respect:

Last edited:

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
You edited a save of your own BIOS and it did this?

Also what was happening that warrented a BIOS flash? It's always a risky job flashing a video card which is why you shouldn't do it unless it is absolutely necessary. Also your flash might not be working because when you use the other video device, you're mobility radeon is no longer the primary device (iirc,) so I would try changing the adapter ID.*

*: Edit - After looking at it closer, that doesn't look like that is happening.

If TPU members have warned people once, they've warned people a million times. Don't flash your GPU BIOS unless it's not working!

Start from the beginning. Explain EVERYTHING you did from the time you got the BIOS file and edited it to now.

Hi, i have problem flashing my card Sapphire HD4670 gddr4 512.
I edit bios using RBE for fan speed then flash success , i restart pc then i heard 3 beep.
I've try many command with winflash and atiflash still can't flash
if i use my card as primary display i just get black screen and beepbeepbeep sound at start my pc load but just black screen
i try -f -p 0 still the same also unlockrom 0
pls help how to overwrite that rom :cry: :respect:

M8 I have just wrote a whole post about this radeon card it's module in main LAPTOP bios and it needs main bios to work it out , bios needs to some editing if u want to flash it .Restoring main bios procedure is option now for you , it's much easier to just use rivatuner with attached file from me in my post, what crossed your mind to flash it???

Nitric

You edited a save of your own BIOS and it did this?

Also what was happening that warrented a BIOS flash? It's always a risky job flashing a video card which is why you shouldn't do it unless it is absolutely necessary. Also your flash might not be working because when you use the other video device, you're mobility radeon is no longer the primary device (iirc,) so I would try changing the adapter ID.*

*: Edit - After looking at it closer, that doesn't look like that is happening.

If TPU members have warned people once, they've warned people a million times. Don't flash your GPU BIOS unless it's not working!

Start from the beginning. Explain EVERYTHING you did from the time you got the BIOS file and edited it to now.

no its new bios i download .. edit fan speed then i force flash :/ must be bad bios or something, or maybe wrong version,but im sure it wrote hd4670 on device id that time.I restart then my card not detect driver,but i still can use it as main display but gpuz not detect my card as HD4670 core and memory showed 0MHz i flash again with atiflash sometime adapter not found,i take out the card and put it back flash again using onboard display but Rom not erased until now,window detect as HD4650 :twitch: i also using winflash in window but still no luck :banghead: RBE can read my card but still can't flash it even i force flash it.

M8 I have just wrote a whole post about this radeon card it's module in main LAPTOP bios and it needs main bios to work it out , bios needs to some editing if u want to flash it .Restoring main bios procedure is option now for you , it's much easier to just use rivatuner with attached file from me in my post, what crossed your mind to flash it???

idk why my card become ATI Mobility Radeon HD4650,i still have my original bios i save it with gpuz name RV730.rom,can u show me your thread link maybe i can try :respect: . The reason i flash it coz when i gaming my card become hot and make my game lag, no problem if set manual 100% fan speed with amd overdrive,i dont want manual speed i want fully auto with right speed,this is why i try update it :)

First of all what is your hardware Laptop or Desktop and add full specs so we know where we going does it work on external monitor if its laptop , HD4650 nad 4670 are identical core is same RV730 difference is only in clocks and sometimes memory is ddr2, gddr3 or gddr4 other than that are siblings :D , my post is couple down from this , and rivatuner is fully automatic btw and there is no risk of brick :p attach file with original bios so we can check if it's not corrupted . Have u try atiflash -unlockrom first ?

Last edited:

Nitric

First of all what is your hardware Laptop or Desktop and add full specs so we know where we going does it work on external monitor if its laptop , HD4650 nad 4670 are identical core is same RV730 difference is only in clocks and sometimes memory is ddr2, gddr3 or gddr4 other than that are siblings :D , my post is couple down from this , and rivatuner is fully automatic btw and there is no risk of brick :p attach file with original bios so we can check if it's not corrupted . Have u try atiflash -unlockrom first ?

Desktop, Sapphire HD4670 GDDR4 512mb 128bit

full spec and image here http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?psn=000101&pid=204&lid=1#

This original bios from the card https://www.4shared.com/zip/Cp3toPJJ/Sapphire_HD4670_GDDR4_512mb_12.html

i will try rivatuner soon but i think its still black screen if i use my card as a display.
yes i have try atiflash -unlockrom 0.i got the message its unlock i also try -t 0,got message 'pass' but when i try atiflash -f or other -f command got the message like picture above ,ROM not erased :banghead: i have try with other command that prefered from other site ,still no luck.just 1 more way that i not try yet,unbrick it from other Pcie or Pci.My board just have 1 slot Pcie so gonna try with Pci display as soon i found my old pci graphic card.
I will post here if i success.

If anyone got solution for this card feel free to share with me ...
Many thanks to all help :lovetpu:

Last edited:
If you are now running IGP try device 1 for flash (0 is primary GFX which is now IGP)

Modding your flash corrupted it or is hardware protected and there fore is seen as mobility as it has been partially flashed , there is one more resort actually chip could be write protected u would have to strip and locate your bios chip and see if it's hardware restriction and dhis would be dependent on chip type sometimes it needs to be touched to GND or to VCC depending on chip type.

Nitric

If you are now running IGP try device 1 for flash (0 is primary GFX which is now IGP)

i've try but adapter not found i use atiflash/winflash -i 0 its there at 0

Modding your flash corrupted it or is hardware protected and there fore is seen as mobility as it has been partially flashed , there is one more resort actually chip could be write protected u would have to strip and locate your bios chip and see if it's hardware restriction and dhis would be dependent on chip type sometimes it needs to be touched to GND or to VCC depending on chip type.

is that chip at fan side under the heatsink? i saw got one under the heatsink and at back got 3.i've saw in many thread people doin this and success i just not sure which one should i solder :ohwell: i think the chip i should find is PM25LV512 right?u mean pin 8 to pin 3? or 8 to 4?i will try this after i found that right chip :cool:

Yes correct 8 pin chip but first locate it and check in it's datasheet which pin is for protection ,as different chips have different pin out for protection ;)

Aquinus

Resident Wat-man
System Name Apollo
Processor Intel Core i9 9880H
Motherboard Some proprietary Apple thing.
Memory 64GB DDR4-2667
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon Pro 5600M, 8GB HBM2
Storage 1TB Apple NVMe, 4TB External
Display(s) Laptop @ 3072x1920 + 2x LG 5k Ultrafine TB3 displays
Case MacBook Pro (16", 2019)
Audio Device(s) AirPods Pro, Sennheiser HD 380s w/ FIIO Alpen 2, or Logitech 2.1 Speakers
Power Supply 96w Power Adapter
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Logitech G915, GL Clicky
Software MacOS 12.1
Be very careful shorting pins on the BIOS chip. You could permanently damage your GPU if you haven't already.

Did you try a "blind flash"?? If you set up a boot disk with atiflash or flashrom, write an autoexec.bat to flash the default rom file back to the EEPROM. Will it even attempt a boot with the card set as primary??