• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't find anyway to fix this problem

MattMilne94

double checking its not the ram - managed to crash with 1 stick in - so I am gonna try the other

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
I went to the Newegg link for that card and the number of reviews with people having profound issues is higher than should be. If it turns out to be the graphics card, I'd try and get a different model under warranty. Always be as pleasant as you can be (sometimes it's good to be a brown-noser :laugh:) and if you get hassled about it, I'd direct them to that page and tell them to look at the reviews.

Companies know when they have a problem like this, they just don't resort to restoring the consumer as a first choice because it's going to cost them. That'll be a lot of cards in the bin.

MattMilne94

I went to the Newegg link for that card and the number of reviews with people having profound issues is higher than should be. If it turns out to be the graphics card, I'd try and get a different model under warranty. Always be as pleasant as you can be (sometimes it's good to be a brown-noser :laugh:) and if you get hassled about it, I'd direct them to that page and tell them to look at the reviews.

Companies know when they have a problem like this, they just don't resort to restoring the consumer as a first choice because it's going to cost them. That'll be a lot of cards in the bin.

haha i linked them to the page in the angry email that i sent :p

MattMilne94

Had a problem today also - windows startup error where my computer failed to start. I then did the recommended repair but it could not solve the problems automatically, i then restarted my computer and got the same thing. After going through the process for the second time I restarted my computer and all was well again - is the graphics card related?

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
Scan won't give a refund but they should give you an RMA if your in your warranty period. Failing that contact the manufacturer directly and explain that scan have refused to even offer an RMA. In order to get an RMA in progress you will have to know what device is causing the problem.

If you suspect the graphics card then try an RMA on that but it might not fix the issue.

Another option is to find someone local to where you like that does a lot of pc hardware repairs, and have them rebuild it for you. It might be something small that you have missed on construction. They should also have a rig that they can test your hardware in.

System Name PC
Processor i5 2500k
Motherboard P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Fans
Memory DDR3-1600 (8GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage HD103SJ
Display(s) XG2402
Case Xigmatek Midgard II
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't consumers in the UK have much greater protection than those in the US? I would think that if you keep a level head you shouldn't have a hard time to get a working product. Sending an angry e-mail isn't going to help your situation. Scan, like any retailer, wants to keep the money you handed them, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to change you over from a graphics card that's giving a large number of people problems. Even if they have to lose a bit of money, that's better than losing all of it.

Last edited:

MattMilne94

Scan won't give a refund but they should give you an RMA if your in your warranty period. Failing that contact the manufacturer directly and explain that scan have refused to even offer an RMA. In order to get an RMA in progress you will have to know what device is causing the problem.

If you suspect the graphics card then try an RMA on that but it might not fix the issue.

Another option is to find someone local to where you like that does a lot of pc hardware repairs, and have them rebuild it for you. It might be something small that you have missed on construction. They should also have a rig that they can test your hardware in.

I got an rma from the last time at the second card was broken

MattMilne94

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't consumers in the UK have much greater protection than those in the US? I would think that if you keep a level head you shouldn't have a hard time to get a working product. Sending an angry e-mail isn't going to help your situation. Scan, like any retailer, wants to keep the money you handed them, but I don't see why they wouldn't be able to change you over to a graphics card that's giving a large number of people problems. If even if they have to lose a bit of money, that's better than losing all of it.

waiting for a reply to my second email

MattMilne94

the company is giving me another RMA, hopefully it will fix it this time - if not I am just gonna buy another card