• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Giveaway: Goodies Galore

Status
Not open for further replies.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X570-E
Cooling DeepCool Castle 360EX
Memory G Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600
Video Card(s) RX 5700 XT Pulse
Storage Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard G Skill KM570 MX Silver
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just a bump :). We are closing out Friday :toast:

System Name Mobydick
Processor Intel i7 2600k @ 4.4
Motherboard MSI M Power
Cooling CM TPC 812
Memory patriot 8gb x 2
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 970
Storage Kingston hyper x 3k 120ssd,Samsung 256ssd, seagate 750gb green
Display(s) Benq XL2720Z
Case Haf X
Audio Device(s) creative soundblast xz
Power Supply EVGA G2 850w
Mouse deathadder chroma
Keyboard logitech g710
Software Windows 7 64bit
in for Batman

worse game i ever bought was COD black ops 2, HORRIBLE, to spend 50 bucks on a cracked out version of CSS just PISSED ME OFF. no real graphics, better game play on CSS...i was pissed, that game should be priced at a quarter of what CSS is worth.

System Name SIGSEGV
Processor INTEL i7-7700K | AMD Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard QUANTA | ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Air cooling 4 heatpipes | Corsair H115i | Noctua NF-A14 IndustrialPPC Fan 3000RPM
Memory Micron 16 Gb DDR4 2400 | GSkill Ripjaws 32Gb DDR4 3200 3400(OC) 14-14-14-34 @1.38v
Video Card(s) Nvidia 1060 6GB | Gigabyte 1080Ti Aorus
Storage 1TB 7200/256 SSD PCIE | ~ TB | 970 Evo
Display(s) 15,5" / 27"
Case Black & Grey | Phanteks P400S
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Li Battery | Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse g402
Keyboard Leopold|Ducky
Software LinuxMint KDE |UBUNTU | Windows 10 PRO
Benchmark Scores i dont care about scores
i'm in for red orchestra 2.
worst game i ever bought is duke nukem. i got vertigo (motion sickness) in less than 5 minutes while playing that shitty game. :eek: I swear, i ain't going to play that game forever.

Last edited:
Worst game was Worms Crazy Golf . Every time I start playing is messing up my resolution , and the gameplay is very different from the original Worms that I played .
In for Mirrors Edge , but I will be out of town in this weekend , only sunday night I will respond if I win (or right after the winner announcement) ...

cdawall

where the hell are my stars
System Name All the cores
Processor 2990WX
Motherboard Asrock X399M
Cooling CPU-XSPC RayStorm Neo, 2x240mm+360mm, D5PWM+140mL, GPU-2x360mm, 2xbyski, D4+D5+100mL
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill 3600
Video Card(s) (2) EVGA SC BLACK 1080Ti's
Storage 2x Samsung SM951 512GB, Samsung PM961 512GB
Display(s) Dell UP2414Q 3840X2160@60hz
Case Caselabs Mercury S5+pedestal
Audio Device(s) Fischer HA-02->Fischer FA-002W High edition/FA-003/Jubilate/FA-011 depending on my mood
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1200w
Mouse Thermaltake Theron, Steam controller
Keyboard Keychron K8
Software W10P
In for red orc

As for the worst game I have ever purchased.... that would fall on the shoulds of need for speed Porsche unleashed for the ps1. I personally loved nfs on the pc played 3 and most wanted through and through got Porsche unleashed hoping for a similar experience on the bigger tv. Holy disappointment. Graphics looked like blocks moving on a cheesy track, tires were so poorly rendered they were almost square. All of that could have been forgiven had the game been good. It wasnt the campaign sucked, driving physics were terrible and it didnt have very many cars or the ability to modify them.

Angered me deeply against the entire franchise. Haven't owned a nfs game since. Bought gran tourismo 2 for the ps1 and never looked back.

System Name Shoebox Sandwich | Razer Blade 14 | Synology DS418 w/ 4X8TB WD Red | iPhone 15 Pro
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi | Razer thing
Cooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB w/ Lian Li P28 + Corsair AF120 Slim | Double fan vapour chamber
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 2x16GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5 | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB
Storage Seagate FireCuda 520 2TB + Lexar NM790 4TB | 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB NVMe external SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW & Sony A90K 42" | 14" QHD IPS 165Hz & Sony X90J 65" 4K TV
Case FormD T1 - v2.1 - Titanium colourway w Aluminium mesh | Razer Blade 14
Audio Device(s) Schiit Hel 2E (Focal Clear & HiFiMAN HE-4XX & DROP PC38X) | Samsung Q950A
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum | Razer 230W brick
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury | Roccat Kain 202
Keyboard DIY Geek 64 PCB (Kailh Box Deep Sea - Matcha XDA Keycaps) | Corsair K63
VR HMD Oculus Quest
Software Windows 11 Home | Windows 11 Home
Benchmark Scores 2022 MINI Countryman SE PHEV Hybrid ALL4 | British Racing Green| Malt Brown Interior| YOURS Trim
In for red orc

As for the worst game I have ever purchased.... that would fall on the shoulds of need for speed Porsche unleashed for the ps1. I personally loved nfs on the pc played 3 and most wanted through and through got Porsche unleashed hoping for a similar experience on the bigger tv. Holy disappointment. Graphics looked like blocks moving on a cheesy track, tires were so poorly rendered they were almost square. All of that could have been forgiven had the game been good. It wasnt the campaign sucked, driving physics were terrible and it didnt have very many cars or the ability to modify them.

Angered me deeply against the entire franchise. Haven't owned a nfs game since. Bought gran tourismo 2 for the ps1 and never looked back.

WHAT!? Wow that is disappointing. I own NFS Porsche Unleashed on PC and it looks brilliant with really detailed damage especially for the time. Driving physics were great too. I used a racing wheel with it and it was utterly fantastic. One of my favourite games of all time and I still play it every now and again. Amazing how much of a difference there is compared to console and PC.

System Name Gwafwar
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Msi MPG X570 Gaming Plus
Memory 16Gb Adata Spectrix 3600 Cl18
Video Card(s) Palit GTX970 SLI
Storage Adata 512Gb SX8200 pro
Display(s) 3x 27" 1080p Lg's
Case Coolermaster 690 II pure black
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Coolermaster 750W Masterwatt
Mouse Saitek X65-f HOTAS
Software Win10 Pro
WHAT!? Wow that is disappointing. I own NFS Porsche Unleashed on PC and it looks brilliant with really detailed damage especially for the time. Driving physics were great too. I used a racing wheel with it and it was utterly fantastic. One of my favourite games of all time and I still play it every now and again. Amazing how much of a difference there is compared to console and PC.

I also had it for the PC, was playing it on an athlon 700, with a voodoo 3. Smooth graphics, and i had a force feed back joystick. The game was in my most played list of that time period. The progression was good as well. You went from classic Porche, to 911's and GT1 cars.

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Drawing is planned for tomorrow evening but its subject to change. NHKS will be doing the drawings and posting of the winners :). Because he is on the other side of the world, I don't think he will be able at 5pm EST, which was when I had planned. Thus, he will be doing so when he is able, though I'm not sure when that will be exactly.

Fear not, however, drawings and posting will be Friday night / Saturday morning, and then the games will be sent out. We won't keep you waiting too long
:rockout: :rockout:

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard ASUS STRIX X570-E
Cooling NOCTUA NH-U12A
Memory G.Skill FlareX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 DUAL
Storage 1 TB WD Black SN850X | 2 TB WD Blue SN570 | 10 TB WD Purple Pro
Display(s) LG 32QP880N 32"
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
Mouse Pulsar X2
Keyboard KIRA EXS
Entering for Orc Must Die 2.

Worst game I ever bought was The Sims.
A lot of people maybe enjoying this game but I found it to be extremely boring.
Buying this, buying that, go here, go there, eat, sleep, go to work, over and over again, boring :D
I never got past 1 game-time week, always ended up bored. One time I got bored, I built a swimming pool, put my sim in it and sold the ladder. And just wait until the energy/stamina bar depleted and he drowned :D

Processor q6600 G0 @ 2.8Ghz
Motherboard ex38 DS4
Cooling air
Memory 4 *1gig tracer ballistic
Video Card(s) sapphire dual bios 6950
Storage ssd- sandisk 120gb, sata- 2 500gb samsung in raid 1 & 1 samsung 400gb
Display(s) LG w2452tx
Case nzxt
Audio Device(s) na
Power Supply hiper 730
Mouse g9
Keyboard bt microsoft arch
Software win7
Entering for Orc Must Die 2.

Worst game I ever bought was The Sims.
A lot of people maybe enjoying this game but I found it to be extremely boring.
Buying this, buying that, go here, go there, eat, sleep, go to work, over and over again, boring :D
I never got past 1 game-time week, always ended up bored. One time I got bored, I built a swimming pool, put my sim in it and sold the ladder. And just wait until the energy/stamina bar depleted and he drowned :D

lol thats the best bit killing them, have to agree what a boring game :)

bump 4 last day, people give your stories in :)

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I talked a little with NHKS and it looks like we can expect our winners announced tonight at around 9-10pm EST :D

I'm going to have the cut off for entries at say... 8pm EST tonight, and then NHKS will come back with the lucky winners shortly thereafter. So there are just a few couple more hours, and then we can look forward to a weekend of some exciting gaming goodness :)
See you all soon :toast:

Last edited:
Worst PC game I’ve ever bought was Lost Planet. It was billed as an fps game, and when I got it, I was greeted by the cast of an anime television show, and evil plants to fight on a frozen world. If I were into anime I’d maybe be okay with that, but my sense of fiction is different, and its having been billed as an fps felt misleading. I think most/many fps have some consistent character, at least a kind of maturity behind them, carrying a gun is indeed a serious matter. But this was designed for kids. No less it was an fps only if you wanted to change it to that point of view, and was really designed to be played in the third person. So I felt deceived in that way.

But that wasn’t the worst part. The worst part was the weird, ultra-horrible science attached to it. You’re given, early in the game, a volatile heat capacitor you wear on your arm. What am I talking about? You have this device that can process the chemical energy of organs that heat these mobile plants and convert them into energy with which you shoot laser blasts at them. I’m not usually one to nitpick about sci-fi elements that are unrealistic, but this was bad. First of all, transforming chemical energy is something we all do, by eating. Which means this apparatus is, “digesting” these things on your arm, then storing the heat (and yes, that’s what these organs produce, heat) in a compact form for you to shoot back at them to gather more organs. Now the storage of organic is done via fat for us, and organic energy is going to remain organic, unless your laser blaster can extract inorganic material from it that stores energy and takes a shit every now and again to get rid of the organic matter.

The laser the organic material is turned into something that can be fired off your arm, which means it’s volatile. Something that can store energy, and then dispense it at high power means the storage method which means you’re carrying around something on your arm that’s more or less an explosive. So you’ve got an organic energy processor that isn’t storing the highly volatile energy in a tiny package on your arm.

The science of it is so dubious that it just makes me furious. I don’t mind bending or breaking the rules, even badly, but it needs a little tiny bit of grounding to make it palatable. That and the anime/cartoon style of it in confluence made it into one of the worst games I’d ever played. Also, the controls blew a mule.

also, in it for Alan Wake.

So I guess if I have to pick one and only one (based on the following post) it would be Alan Wake.

Last edited:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just an update for WCG/F@H since I received a question about it:

Crunchers and folders get their names entered twice. If you want to enter for 2 games, that's fine as they will receive a single entry for each. If they enter for one game only, they get 2 entries for that game.

Therefore, if you wish to edit your entry post, please do so accordingly :)

Sorry this is late but I honestly didn't think of it sooner :banghead:

Entries now closed! We should have our announcement soon! :toast:

Last edited:
System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
Î like the idea of loading the draw for folders and crunchers. Good luck to all.

NHKS

WINNER'S LIST!

Alan Wake - adulaamin :toast:
Batman:AA- mauriek :toast:
Borderlands - AlienIsGod :toast:
Condemned - mediasorcerer :toast:
Crysis 2 - n3rdf1ght3r :toast:
Mirror's Edge - Norton :toast:
Orcs Must die 2 - okidna :toast:
Red Orchestra 2 - cdawall :toast:
Spec Ops - ahhZz
:toast:

CONGRATS winners!.. your 24 hour time limit to claim the prizes starts now!

THANK YOU all participants for entering the giveaway!.. You kept the spirit of participation high by sharing your game experiences too :respect:..
I'm sorry if you did not make into the winner's list this time.. THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME! :toast:

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to manofthem for helping me out throughout the Giveaway!.. he is a wonderful person and a great member/cruncher for TPU!.. In fact, he has been helping me out since my first Steam game purchase in Dec last year.. I appreciate his patience :D in answering all my queries .. THANK you my friend!

My thanks also to other TPU members who keep the spirit of giveaways running! You have all been an inspiration for me to start with my contributions..

Last edited:
System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Hope I'm not too late, Borderlands GOTY submission.
Worst game i ever bought was all my games for my old Sega GameGear. They were horrible games like NFL football and MLB basesball but every team was the same just with different colors. I did have a Sonic game but the stupid GameGear was so lame i couldnt bear to play it for longer than a few minutes.
The NFL football game had to bethe worst, every team would beat me EVERY TIME!!!!! I dont think i ever won a single game.

Edit, looks like i took too long writing this post. Contest is over.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Big thanks to Manofthem and NHKS!!

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
cheers for the contest guys :toast: and yay to me for winning Borderlands :D

System Name That computer
Processor Intel I7 960 OC @ 4GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte G.1 Guerilla
Cooling Corsair H80
Memory 12gb G.Skill DDR3 1333MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Radeon 6950 2GB
Storage 120GB Samsung 840, 2x 1TB WD Black Raid 0
Display(s) 2X ACER S232HL
Case Thermaltake Amour A90
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply 600W OCZ MODXSTREAM PRO
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I seem to be winning alot of contests lately :p

congratulations too all the other winners and hope you guys enjoy the games, I know I will!

Also big thanks to manofthem and NHKS for the contest!:toast::respect::toast:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
WINNER'S LIST!

Alan Wake - adulaamin :toast:
Batman:AA- mauriek :toast:
Borderlands - AlienIsGod :toast:
Condemned - mediasorcerer :toast:
Crysis 2 - n3rdf1ght3r :toast:
Mirror's Edge - Norton :toast:
Orcs Must die 2 - okidna :toast:
Red Orchestra 2 - cdawall :toast:
Spec Ops - ahhZz

CONGRATS winners!.. your 24 hour time limit to claim the prizes starts now!

THANK YOU all participants for entering the giveaway!.. You kept the spirit of participation high by sharing your game experiences too :respect:..
I'm sorry if you did not make into the winner's list this time.. THERE WILL BE A NEXT TIME! :toast:

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to manofthem for helping me out throughout the Giveaway!.. he is a wonderful person and a great member/cruncher for TPU!.. In fact, he has been helping me out since my first Steam game purchase in Dec last year.. I appreciate his patience :D in answering all my queries .. THANK you my friend!

My thanks also to other TPU members who keep the spirit of giveaways running! You have all been an inspiration for me to start with my contributions..

Congrats to all the winners! And a big thanks to NHKS for your hard work and strong contribution! Also, thanks for posting the winners :) :)

To the winners, as outlined in the OP, please be sure to PM the respective holder of the game. The sooner you PM us, the sooner you can start downloading and gaming :D

Alien is already taken care of ;) and I'm waiting for more!

I'm off to update the OP!!!

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
cheers for the contest guys :toast: and yay to me for winning Borderlands :D

I think it was just out of us for borderlands GOTY.
Congrats!

I have a feeling it would have not gone to much use if I won it. :D
I just wanted to win a game for once.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Congrats everyone! :toast:

manofthem

WCG-TPU Team All-Star!
Processor 3900X @ 4.0
Display(s) LG 34UC88
Case Thermaltake P3
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think it was just out of us for borderlands GOTY.
Congrats!

I have a feeling it would have not gone to much use if I won it. :D
I just wanted to win a game for once.

You have a little treat in your PM box :)
Enjoy the horse ride in Darksiders! :D :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.