• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bioshock Infinite

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
Just did some ini tweaks as well as picked up SweetFX. I haven't tweaked the SweetFX settings yet, just using someone else's premade profile, and it helps out some scene's quite a bit.

Before
http://img.techpowerup.org/130327/Capture011.jpg
After
http://img.techpowerup.org/130327/Capture010.jpg

Before
http://img.techpowerup.org/130327/Capture012.jpg
After
http://img.techpowerup.org/130327/Capture015990.jpg

I'll be tinkering with it some, but already pretty happy with the results.

i carnt really tell a huge amount of difference :/ outdoors is more noticeable seems like the contrast between light and dark areas is greater

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
i carnt really tell a huge amount of difference :/ outdoors is more noticeable seems like the contrast between light and dark areas is greater

View the screens in full size, look at the sharpness of the dust particles in the air, also look at the contrast of the scene. The big difference is, if you are in a dark room with 2 light sources, that room will be dark, where as the default game it will be bright and always have this hazy look to it. Toggling it on/off while I play its usually a pretty large difference in lighting.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
The game already looks fine as is, and has a specific art design and color palette to fit the mood of the game, im not sure why you would ever want to tweak it or change it.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
The game already looks fine as is, and has a specific art design and color palette to fit the mood of the game, im not sure why you would ever want to tweak it or change it.

I'm pretty sure I already said exactly why I changed it, and what my exact findings were. If you read the post above yours talking about light sources and how rooms are over lit, and you find that makes no sense, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I don't see how making the lighting more realistic would have anything but positive effects on the game, dark scene's are dark, and light sources are much more important. The game is creepy, that only adds to it.

Either way, "it's fine as it is" is just an opinion, many would say Skyrim is, and look how much you mod that, it's all opinion. If you don't like a mod or a tweak, it's simple, don't use it.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
I'm pretty sure I already said exactly why I changed it, and what my exact findings were. If you read the post above yours talking about light sources and how rooms are over lit, and you find that makes no sense, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I don't see how making the lighting more realistic would have anything but positive effects on the game, dark scene's are dark, and light sources are much more important. The game is creepy, that only adds to it.

Either way, "it's fine as it is" is just an opinion, many would say Skyrim is, and look how much you mod that, it's all opinion. If you don't like a mod or a tweak, it's simple, don't use it.

I never said I didn't like it, was just questioning it as Bioshock games have a set mood with how their graphics are designed to tailor the gameplay and storyline. No need to go on the defensive about it. I never said your changes looked bad or anything.

Im not going to get into Skyrim as this is not the thread for that, but I mod Skyrim because it is part of the renown franchise as one of the heaviest modded games available, with massive modding community base. (okay I got into Skyrim haha ;) )

Anyways, cant wait to try out this game when I finish Tomb Raider and possibly Crysis 3. Looks to be a good contender for FPS of the Year along with Metro Last Light.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
The interior spaces that lack nearby light sources have always been overly dark in Bioshock, and this one's no exception, but I fail to see how simply adding more contrast is going to help much. If anything it's just going to make lit spaces look washed out and overly dark ones even darker.

Finished the game last night in my second of two semi long sessions. I've never been big on the Bioshock universe or it's story telling, but the story in this one has me perplexed, esp the ending. It's hard to tell whether...
...the city is real, or a manifestation of Booker's imagined spiritual rebirth, the city being heaven, and baby Elizabeth/Anna being his rebirth itself.
It's just all so strange, but the gameplay is rather engaging. I'm going to have to be on the move more my next play through on a higher difficulty, esp for those pesky Handymans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor i5-7600k
Motherboard ASRock Z170 Pro4
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO w/ AC MX-4
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 2400 Corsair LPX Vengeance 15-15-15-36
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr 1070ti
Storage 240GB Corsair Force GT
Display(s) 23' Dell AW2310
Case Corsair 550D
Power Supply Seasonic SS-760XP2 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
The art style is in line with it's predecessors, but I was a little disappointed when they decided to use Unreal Engine 3 yet again for the game. I guess they wanted it to have the same "feel" as the other games before it.

I'll probably get this game just because it's Bioshock and I trust most of everyones reviews/opinions of the game. I'm sure it will meet my expectations, but I think I'll wait till this goes to ~$30 before I make the purchase :)

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
I never said I didn't like it, was just questioning it as Bioshock games have a set mood with how their graphics are designed to tailor the gameplay and storyline. No need to go on the defensive about it. I never said your changes looked bad or anything.

Im not going to get into Skyrim as this is not the thread for that, but I mod Skyrim because it is part of the renown franchise as one of the heaviest modded games available, with massive modding community base. (okay I got into Skyrim haha ;) )

Anyways, cant wait to try out this game when I finish Tomb Raider and possibly Crysis 3. Looks to be a good contender for FPS of the Year along with Metro Last Light.

When you use a line like "I'm not sure why you would ever want to tweak it". That makes it sound like you are questioning my reasoning behind it, so thats why I gave the response I did.

And games are always tailored by devs as the way they best see fit or capable. That doesn't mean it's the best solution out there, there could be many reasons it is the way it is, simplest of those reason is it's a cross platform title. Just because one game is known for modding doesn't mean others gain less of an effect from mods.

So far though, I'm enjoying it. And for the most part it seems everyone else is, very well could be up there for FPS of the year, or maybe Action Adventure of the year.

The interior spaces that lack nearby light sources have always been overly dark in Bioshock, and this one's no exception, but I fail to see how simply adding more contrast is going to help much. If anything it's just going to make lit spaces look washed out and overly dark ones even darker.

This "mod" overall makes the game darker, lighter scenes with many light sources won't be washed out, it's just like any other injector mod out there. And if it was washed out, then you would just tweak the settings accordingly. Infact, if you want to see washed out, take a look at the default game, thats probably the best reason to start using this mod, it removes a haze the game naturally has. The way you make it sound is as though the game is absolutely perfect out of the box, and no one else can make it look better, all they will do is break it. And sadly thats what a lot of developers these days tend to think as well, thats why not many games can be modded. This isn't so much a mod as a tweak, it's a post processing effect that can be applied to any game (I also run this on BF3). Either way...

With the Mod

Without

With the Mod

Without the Mod

Take a look at that scene and the light sources (And yes mine is a bit overly dark, this was taken on my first time playing with the mod and someone elses presets, I can either bump up ingame brightness or tinker with the mod to perfect it). There is the 2 machines, 2 lights, and the windows. Yet look at default how well the ceiling is lit, even though there is no light source for it, heck how well the rest of the room is lit. What you are going off of is hypothesis on how you think this mod works. If the mod is overly dark, you can adjust it so it isn't as well. It has numerous settings, after all, we are playing PC games here, I don't know about you guys, but if I wanted out of the box, I would play on console. I've already opened up my ini files, bumped up some stuff there that isn't in the menu's, and did this mod to improve the mood lighting of the game. Also take a look at the dust particle effects in the light rays, and tell me that doesn't look a ton better with the mod.

Last edited:
System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
Using such stuff - GFX enhancers - is a short way to get yourself banned for cheats with PunkBuster. Just lower your gamma , for real I see no difference over these screenshots.

I love the game climate so far but the lame factor spoils the fun a bit... Was just at the zeppelin bail scene and I missed the track and felt down... I was like 'doh gonna die and resp at checkpoint' but the game re-winded to just before the jump instantly. I think that just killed the fun for me :( And I was hoping for System Shock level of complexity this time, damn you console market

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Using such stuff - GFX enhancers - is a short way to get yourself banned for cheats with PunkBuster. Just lower your gamma , for real I see no difference over these screenshots.

I love the game climate so far but the lame factor spoils the fun a bit... Was just at the zeppelin bail scene and I missed the track and felt down... I was like 'doh gonna die and resp at checkpoint' but the game re-winded to just before the jump instantly. I think that just killed the fun for me :( And I was hoping for System Shock level of complexity this time, damn you console market

In BF3 I use it to remove some blue tint, not to adjust the light levels, and I've been using it to do so for about a year now and haven't ever got banned (So it's obviously not the short way, a year isn't a short amount of time), so I'm just fine :)

Anyways back to Bioshock talk, yeah I had that exact samething happen with the tracks. Was a bit confused, thought it was a special ability, then just realized I died and it reset me so close.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
This "mod" overall makes the game darker, lighter scenes with many light sources won't be washed out, it's just like any other injector mod out there. And if it was washed out, then you would just tweak the settings accordingly. Infact, if you want to see washed out, take a look at the default game, thats probably the best reason to start using this mod, it removes a haze the game naturally has. The way you make it sound is as though the game is absolutely perfect out of the box, and no one else can make it look better, all they will do is break it. And sadly thats what a lot of developers these days tend to think as well, thats why not many games can be modded. This isn't so much a mod as a tweak, it's a post processing effect that can be applied to any game (I also run this on BF3). Either way...

With the Mod
http://img.techpowerup.org/130328/Capture016.jpg
Without
http://img.techpowerup.org/130328/Capture017.jpg

With the Mod
http://img.techpowerup.org/130328/Capture020377.jpg
Without the Mod
http://img.techpowerup.org/130328/Capture021390.jpg

Take a look at that scene and the light sources (And yes mine is a bit overly dark, this was taken on my first time playing with the mod and someone elses presets, I can either bump up ingame brightness or tinker with the mod to perfect it). There is the 2 machines, 2 lights, and the windows. Yet look at default how well the ceiling is lit, even though there is no light source for it, heck how well the rest of the room is lit. What you are going off of is hypothesis on how you think this mod works. If the mod is overly dark, you can adjust it so it isn't as well. It has numerous settings, after all, we are playing PC games here, I don't know about you guys, but if I wanted out of the box, I would play on console. I've already opened up my ini files, bumped up some stuff there that isn't in the menu's, and did this mod to improve the mood lighting of the game. Also take a look at the dust particle effects in the light rays, and tell me that doesn't look a ton better with the mod.

Your wall of text means nothing compared to these screens, which obviously show exactly what I was referring to. My comment was directly associated with contrast specifically, since that's all you mentioned previously. These screens show dark areas being darker and lit areas being lighter, just as I previously explained using more contrast would. Problem is, the dark areas are now so dark you can't see any gradient in them, and thus no detail, also known as black crush.

I don't need a lecture on filters. I've used them many times in photo, video, and game editing, and what you've said and shown here does nothing to disprove what I've seen and experienced, nor how such mods affect this particular game.

The bottom line is, no matter how you tweak with filtering, you're still stuck with the light map a given game has. You can't just remove what you're calling haze, which indoors is really filtered light or AO, and expect to solve the problem of some areas being too dark, and some too light. Indeed your screens show you've only exacerbated the problem.

On caleb's comment, he appeared to be referring to graphics tweaks that help you see things better. Obviously the ones you're using in this game actually make it harder to see things in dark places. If you're just removing a mood color such as the blue tint you referred to, it's probably not helping your vision either.

Using and understanding graphics tweaks are two different things entirely. You seem more intent on lecturing about what you do not fully comprehend yourself, before even learning the specific details about it.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Downloaded the other night and look forward to playing it. Loved the first Bioshock but really couldn't get into the second one.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
.jpg is useless for good comparison screens. Try to do .bmp

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
Cooling Watercooled
Your wall of text means nothing compared to these screens, which obviously show exactly what I was referring to. My comment was directly associated with contrast specifically, since that's all you mentioned previously. These screens show dark areas being darker and lit areas being lighter, just as I previously explained using more contrast would. Problem is, the dark areas are now so dark you can't see any gradient in them, and thus no detail, also known as black crush.

I don't need a lecture on filters. I've used them many times in photo, video, and game editing, and what you've said and shown here does nothing to disprove what I've seen and experienced, nor how such mods affect this particular game.

The bottom line is, no matter how you tweak with filtering, you're still stuck with the light map a given game has. You can't just remove what you're calling haze, which indoors is really filtered light or AO, and expect to solve the problem of some areas being too dark, and some too light. Indeed your screens show you've only exacerbated the problem.

On caleb's comment, he appeared to be referring to graphics tweaks that help you see things better. Obviously the ones you're using in this game actually make it harder to see things in dark places. If you're just removing a mood color such as the blue tint you referred to, it's probably not helping your vision either.

Using and understanding graphics tweaks are two different things entirely. You seem more intent on lecturing about what you do not fully comprehend yourself, before even learning the specific details about it.

You don't read my wall of text obviously, you missed the fact that said I haven't tinkered with the settings at all. And that everything is adjustable. I will be playing with the settings, it won't be hard to get more detail into those dark area's, though like I said, I already said this, but it means nothing to you because the tone you carry shows you have superior knowledge in this field compared to everyone else.

What I said and showed did disprove a good amount of what you said. Like I said, you must not be capable of reading all that well, because you assumed light scenes would be washed out, and thats not even close to remotely true. It just seems like this isn't even worth saying as you missed most of the points I put up because you know more about this than others.

And on response to you about caleb, you are wrong, he linked me a video talking about what he was referring to, and he is dead on, it's an injector, it's exactly what I'm using. You are right that using and understanding them is completely different, all you have gone off is hunches, just like the last one with caleb there, and once again, it was completely wrong. You speak of my lectures when you post is constructed very similarly.

And you didn't even address the big question out of all of this. Do you think Bioshock Infinite cannot be improved upon? It's a perfect color palette and lighting system, and anything anyone does to tweak it will only make it work? If you think thats true, then there really is no conversation to be had, because thats just not PC gaming. You seem more intent on trying to make fun of me on an intellectual level then fully understanding what I am using, instead you take shots in the dark, like assuming this mod is different than the BF3 one to remove tint. It's the same mod, has much adjustability, but you don't seem to understand that it can be used in a very mild manner, you would rather try to make me sound uneducated about something I actually use, while you don't use it and are just making assumptions. Theres a famous saying about assumptions, seems to be holding true.

Either way, all my posts were intended for was to show that there is some options out there to tweak the game. If people had questions, they could ask them. Tried to put this out there to help out, not deal with this kind of crap, like I said before oyu even responded on this topic to Phenom, if you don't like it, don't use it, simple as that.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
You don't read my wall of text obviously, you missed the fact that said I haven't tinkered with the settings at all.

Actually I did read that and it only further exemplifies that you are speculating erroneously. However I didn't bother reading anymore than this yet again speculative, assuming part of this post, because I'm really growing tired of your much ado about nothing. Like I said, you really don't know enough about it to even argue objectively. Silly to lecture on something you've merely tinkered with via trial and error, let alone on something you've yet to even take a stab at. :rolleyes:

Anyways, the screens speak for themselves. An ini profile that merely adds contrast does nothing to fix the lighting problems this game has.

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus
Memory GSkill 8GB Dual Channel DDR4-2800
Video Card(s) MSI GamingX RX580 4GB
Storage Kingston V300 240GB SSD + WD Green 2TB
Display(s) ACER K212HL 27" + Haier 55" + Lenovo Explorer Mixed Reality Headset
Case Enermax Ostrog (Red)
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA B2 750W
Software Win10 64bit
I'm gonna start the game tonight. How did you guys find the difficulty? I'm thinkin bout trying it on hard.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
I played through on hard. There's some point where I died a lot. It was indeed hard.

System Name White Theme
Processor Intel 12700K CPU
Motherboard ASUS STRIX Z690-A D4
Cooling Lian Li Galahad Uni w/ AL120 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3200 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aero 4080 Super 16GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0
Display(s) Alienware 38" 3840x1600 (165Hz)
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO White
Audio Device(s) 2i2 Scarlett Solo + Schiit Magni 3 AMP
Power Supply Corsair HX 1000 Platinum
I'm gonna start the game tonight. How did you guys find the difficulty? I'm thinkin bout trying it on hard.

Hard seemed like the intended difficulty to play through

I played through on hard. There's some point where I died a lot. It was indeed hard.

:laugh:

System Name Boomer Master Race
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2Ghz - 5Ghz CPU
Motherboard MSI B650I Edge Wifi ITX Motherboard
Cooling CM 280mm AIO + 2x 120mm Slim fans
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 4060 8GB (Temporary Until Next Gen)
Storage Kingston KC3000 M.2 1TB + 2TB HDD
Display(s) Asus TUF 24Inch 165Hz || AOC 24Inch 180Hz
Case Cooler Master NR200P Max TG ITX Case
Audio Device(s) Built In Realtek Digital Audio HD
Power Supply CoolerMaster V850 SFX Gold 850W PSU
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync
Keyboard Atrix RGB Slim Keyboard
VR HMD ( ◔ ʖ̯ ◔ )
Software Windows 10 Home 64bit
Benchmark Scores Don't do them anymore.
What AMD drivers are you guys using? I'm using 13.1 but wonder if there are any Beta drivers out specific for this game ;)

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
yeah i'm playing on hard too.it's seemed right so far - though i'm only about 4-5 hours in which is probably 2-3 for most of you. 13.1.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) Dell U2412M + Samsung TA350
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
For those having issues with Jumpy mouse etc its due to the fact mouse accelleration is turned on in the INI files and so is AUTO AIM.

\Steam\steamapps\common\BioShock Infinite\Engine\Config\BaseInput
bEnableMouseSmoothing to false

My Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XUserOptions ini.
bAimAssist to false

do that and you get rid of the weird mouse feeling. Made the game a hell of a lot more enjoyable

Also for Nvidia users use the latest beta drivers turn off Ambient Occlusion in game and run it via driver file edit Nvidia Inspector works well for this. gained about 4-7 fps vs regular AO and it helped remove some stuttering.

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
Playing on hard also. Finding the system for swapping through plasmids/vigors very annoying having only two to cycle through quickly having to press the number buttons to get to the others is very irritating never liked games like where you select weapons that way. Wish you could just cycle up or down the whole lot. Plus only carying two weapons was frustrating at first but now I find it makes it more challenging you have to select the right weapon as you don't know when that specific one may be available anytime soon.

Storage WD m.2
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Strange, Auto Aim doesn't work for me with a mouse even though I just checked in the .ini and it is enabled.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
...do that and you get rid of the weird mouse feeling.

Interesting, going to try that. I wasn't sure whether the minor hitching I was getting was mostly due to the way the game streams textures or poor M/KB support. There's a lot less screen tear than I thought there'd be with VSync off, but much of it does seem related to mouse movement.

The Documents path for XUserOptions.ini is slightly different than you posted though, here's the correct location...

My Documents\My Games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config\XUserOptions ini.

BTW, on the texture streaming, the game is set to only 400 (MB) for texture pool size. I've bumped it up to 1600 with my 3GB 7970. I'm also using D3DO to force VSync and Triple Buffering, vs the in game VSync. This has smoothed out the video some, but hopefully that mouse tweak will smooth it out even more.