• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

Processor Intel i7 7700k @4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus Strix Z270E Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Nepton 120XL
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus Strix GTX980TI
Storage Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z / Dell SE198WFP
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma
Software Windows 10 - 64bit
Hey guys,

Thanks for everything so far! Unfortunately, I've been going through these pages for a few hours now and have no solution so I have a quick question... maybe I'm an idiot...we'll find out...

I have a bridge connecting my two GTX 560 ti's which have the 3.14.21 drivers installed. I followed all instructions perfectly, but still can't see the SLI options in the Nvidia Control Panel. Where did I go wrong? Any ideas? Anyone with the same problem?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance!! Just got my second GPU and realized my motherboard isn't SLI ready :cry: :banghead:

Both cards are identical ? Same amount of VRAM ?

trostrud

Diogo,

Yes. Identical. Evga Gtx 560 ti. When I go into the Nvidia control panel it recognizes they are the same, it allows me to plug in 3 monitors, but I have no options allowing me to turn on the SLI in te control panel. I have tried reseating and rotating the bridge as well but nothing!

paradexes

Dual Opteron Support?

I have a S8225 board. http://www.tyan.com/product_SKU_spec.aspx?ProductType=MB&pid=687&SKU=600000212

I have been able to use HyperSLI on any other system I have but this one running both Windows 7 x64 and Server 2008 R2 generate BSODs with the nvidia driver when attempting to enable SLI. I have done various re-installs and tried different SLI bridges. The last thing I I can do is move the cards to the lower PCI slots (they are currently on the upper 16x PCIe slots which are tied to the 1st IO hub) I have two MSI 660ti cards and a Geforce 520 dedicated for physx.

Since all PCIe x16 slots run at x16 then its not an issue to move them around. But in the event it does not work, what are my alternatives? I have been trying to work this problem out for a week now. Different driver versions and such with no luck. I am hoping to be able to get hyperSLI working on this machine.

There are 73 pages and counting in this thread. I've gone through a large portion of this thread with no success.
EDIT: I am going to try a driver version below 31x.xx in case there is something that is causing the BSODs. FYI I have enabled SVMM (AMD-V) and IOMMU as well just to see if it would change anything and it has not worked. BSODs are still happening.

Last edited:

Flyinghigh

I've just used HyperSLI to enable triple SLI on my Sabertooth Z77 with three 670s.

To my surprise it was fairly painless. Easy install, no crashes, stable. I didn't think I'd get a lot of benefit from it but between the 3rd card and putting a proper OC on my CPU I managed to get X8384 on 3dMark Extreme benchmark.

The 3rd card with a little OC boosted my graphics score almost 3k. Overall it put me #49 on 3dMark 11 extreme with the highest Triple GPU, i5 system on the list, and the second for triple 670s only by a small loss to someone who has an i7.

Here's a compare:

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/6403474/3dm11/6410095

This score with HyperSLi on a Sabertooth and 670s landed me at #49 in hall of fame for 3dMark 11 Extreme profile on 3 GPUs. This is straight head to head with guys running 3x Titan and I7s.

Pretty good results for HyperSLI if you ask me. Definitely beat my expectations. :toast::toast:

greaseddog

Irql_not_less_or_equal

I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. It worked for a few hours, but when i launched a game i've played for 600+ hours, suddenly it crashed. Will there be a fix? Do you know how to fix this? I'm using the latest driver Nvidia driver 314.22. I'm running 2x560 Ti's and a 3570k (not overclocked).

I think HyperSLI is really awesome, thanks!

EDIT: I think i fixed (working so far). I went into the BIOS and enabled Virtualization Technology.
EDIT2: Actually it was because it was running windowed. I full screened it, and now it's working! (Thanks to DiogoCDS19)

Last edited:
Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. It worked for a few hours, but when i launched a game i've played for 600+ hours, suddenly it crashed. Will there be a fix? Do you know how to fix this? I'm using the latest driver Nvidia driver 314.22. I'm running 2x560 Ti's and a 3570k (not overclocked).

I think HyperSLI is really awesome, thanks!

Some games start in "window" mode before going fullscreen. If you try to use SLI without a game being in fullscreen it will crash and/or give BSOD right away.
Just to make sure its not the game: go in nvidia control panel and set that game to use "single GPU"

greaseddog

Some games start in "window" mode before going fullscreen. If you try to use SLI without a game being in fullscreen it will crash and/or give BSOD right away.
Just to make sure its not the game: go in nvidia control panel and set that game to use "single GPU"

Aaah, thanks. I thought something else had fixed it, but apperantly it was the fact that i changed it to full screen that fixed it. Didn't think about something as simple as that, so thanks!

paradexes

SLI options not showing up now after hypersli has been installed. I installed it as I always have on other systems. I solved my BSOD issues (NICs were the problem) and now its installed but no SLI option. Any suggestions or options? I am running 0.96 and 306.97 drivers with 2x 660ti.

System Name 7754LIF3
Processor C2Q QX9770 @ 4Ghz 1,37v
Motherboard Asus Rampage Extreme X48
Cooling NZXT Kraken X60 + Fusion Block
Memory 4 x 4Gb DDR3 GSkill @ 1688Mhz
Video Card(s) Quad-SLI GTX590 Zotac HyperSLI v1.0 W7 & Different SLI W8.1
Storage 4 X 1TB WD Black Raid0
Display(s) 3 x SyncMaster 203B 20" Nvidia Surround 4200X1050@60hz
Case MIH CASE
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX X-Fi
Power Supply EnerMax MaxRevo 1500W
Software Windows 7 / 8.1 Up1. x64
Thanks!!

First of all to thank anatolymik and the team for their great work!
HyperSLI works perfect on my computer : Rockout:
No bsod or failures of any kind, also I edited the BIOS DSDT SLI certified authentic, I wonder if that would help improve the system HyperSLI, work with W7 & W8, any question I am at your disposal : Brindis:

Sorry for my bad English :respect:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/5546/gzs3x.jpg

Moparman

480 quad sli

Hi i was wondering if you can use the SLI hack to enable 4 way sli with gtx 480s on the X58A-OC board? im using 3 way but would like to use my 4th card. Thanks.

mako

I've been trying unsuccessfully to use hypersli to get my 2 gtx 460's in SLI for several days.

The recurring issue I have is a bluescreen with nvlnvlddmkm.sys whenever I'm enabling SLI from the nvidia control panel.

windows 7 64bit SP1.

All motherboard tests and memory tests come out fine.

CPU is only OC by 400 Mhz.
RAM is not OC.
videocards are "stock" ("OC" at factory by like 20-30Mhz).

I've tested both cards and each are working perfectly. alone, or with both installed in the current configuration.

An interesting note is that the MSI fan does NOT spin when installed in slot 2, however the gigabyte fan works perfectly in slot 2. I'm going to temporarily chalk this up to my MSI motherboard being weird, because its MSI.

hypersli patch worked fine on install with no problems (with the program itself)

My power supply is a thermaltake blackwidow 850w with separate rails for each power connector on each card (4 in total)

the SLI bridge im using connects fine and Nvidia drivers says system is "SLI ready"

card 1 is an MSI n460gtx cyclone
card 2 is a gigabyte gv-n460oc

both are 1gb gddr5.

I tried both cards as "stock"(out of the box) with no luck.

I then flashed the MSI bios to the gigabyte card. no luck. both cards still work fine and report as "SLI ready".

I am hesitant to flash the gigabyte bios to the MSI as I expect fully that the gigabyte is backwards compatible with the MSI, but the MSi is not forwards compatible with the slightly newer gigabyte bios.

I've tried all drivers from the modded ones provided for SLIpatch to latest drivers, in the screenshot im using 310.90. same problems every time.

I did see some people having problems with realtek NIC's and I have the gigabit "PCIe" integrated network adapter. updating to latest drivers, rolling back to old drivers, and trying the oldest drivers I can find online (2011) yield no results other than annoying me for being so hard to find a large amount of different versions to try.

Problem is the same regardless of anything I try, BSOD showing a 0x07e stop error citing nvlnvlddmkm.sys as the culprit.

included screenshot of system stats/info.

paradexes

I have a DSDT editor I found. What would I need to edit to get my board (Tyan S8225) read as a compatible board for SLI? This might be all it needs to work? RIght now the SLI setting is enabled when I set up hyperSLI AND different SLI, even though both cards identical cards even in firmware versions. I know both cards are good as they work on other systems I have.

In the end tho I just am hoping someone knows what I would need to edit to make DSDT compatible for SLI. Thanks.

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE
Hi i was wondering if you can use the SLI hack to enable 4 way sli with gtx 480s on the X58A-OC board? im using 3 way but would like to use my 4th card. Thanks.

Hi, considering my motherboard without original certificate and working with hypersli if that could get quadsli, I think that you too can you not these limited hardware, but would that take account of the fall of performance, if you're working with triple-sli means you have pciex x 8 and also ports pciex share bandwidth between them, I have noticed much improvement 1XPCIe X16 /1X X8 (P45) to 2X PCIex X16 (X48), as it is the case of the X58A-UD9, I hope I have helped, greetings!

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE
I've been trying unsuccessfully to use hypersli to get my 2 gtx 460's in SLI for several days.

The recurring issue I have is a bluescreen with nvlnvlddmkm.sys whenever I'm enabling SLI from the nvidia control panel.

windows 7 64bit SP1.

All motherboard tests and memory tests come out fine.

CPU is only OC by 400 Mhz.
RAM is not OC.
videocards are "stock" ("OC" at factory by like 20-30Mhz).

I've tested both cards and each are working perfectly. alone, or with both installed in the current configuration.

An interesting note is that the MSI fan does NOT spin when installed in slot 2, however the gigabyte fan works perfectly in slot 2. I'm going to temporarily chalk this up to my MSI motherboard being weird, because its MSI.

hypersli patch worked fine on install with no problems (with the program itself)

My power supply is a thermaltake blackwidow 850w with separate rails for each power connector on each card (4 in total)

the SLI bridge im using connects fine and Nvidia drivers says system is "SLI ready"

card 1 is an MSI n460gtx cyclone
card 2 is a gigabyte gv-n460oc

both are 1gb gddr5.

I tried both cards as "stock"(out of the box) with no luck.

I then flashed the MSI bios to the gigabyte card. no luck. both cards still work fine and report as "SLI ready".

I am hesitant to flash the gigabyte bios to the MSI as I expect fully that the gigabyte is backwards compatible with the MSI, but the MSi is not forwards compatible with the slightly newer gigabyte bios.

I've tried all drivers from the modded ones provided for SLIpatch to latest drivers, in the screenshot im using 310.90. same problems every time.

I did see some people having problems with realtek NIC's and I have the gigabit "PCIe" integrated network adapter. updating to latest drivers, rolling back to old drivers, and trying the oldest drivers I can find online (2011) yield no results other than annoying me for being so hard to find a large amount of different versions to try.

Problem is the same regardless of anything I try, BSOD showing a 0x07e stop error citing nvlnvlddmkm.sys as the culprit.

included screenshot of system stats/info.

http://i.imgur.com/dbXiJtv.png

Hi, have you taken into account the second port of the plate is PCIex X16@X4, is not sure what but seems that port does not give enough power to the graphics, I hope I have helped, a greeting!

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE
I have a DSDT editor I found. What would I need to edit to get my board (Tyan S8225) read as a compatible board for SLI? This might be all it needs to work? RIght now the SLI setting is enabled when I set up hyperSLI AND different SLI, even though both cards identical cards even in firmware versions. I know both cards are good as they work on other systems I have.

In the end tho I just am hoping someone knows what I would need to edit to make DSDT compatible for SLI. Thanks.

Hello, in my case although DSDT mod my system need HyperSLI to operate in SLI, the idea is to facilitate the work to HyperSLI in case of nvidia drivers skip registration and look down the BIOS directly, or to solve security problems, really not be until point influences the DSDT mod at HyperSLI, a greeting!

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
New beta drivers (320.00) working with latest HyperSLI
Windows 8

paradexes

No luck for me. the latest beta 320.00 does not work using .96 of hypersli. So far IF the option to enable SLI comes up, I get a BSOD. This does not work in either software or hardware mode. I get BSOD either way. I have tried reinstalls and even on Windows 7 64bit and Windows server 2008 R2. Any other options? I have 4 working PCIe slots. I am currently using 2 of them. I have swapped hardware over the various slots to get this to work. Any one have any other advice? I was considering figuring out how to mod the bios to accept an SLI cert.

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE
No luck for me. the latest beta 320.00 does not work using .96 of hypersli. So far IF the option to enable SLI comes up, I get a BSOD. This does not work in either software or hardware mode. I get BSOD either way. I have tried reinstalls and even on Windows 7 64bit and Windows server 2008 R2. Any other options? I have 4 working PCIe slots. I am currently using 2 of them. I have swapped hardware over the various slots to get this to work. Any one have any other advice? I was considering figuring out how to mod the bios to accept an SLI cert.

Hello, regarding your problem with the bsod, as tried to install drivers in safe mode with option HyperSLI? I had similar problems P5Q, follows these steps:
1º Uninstall Nvidia drivers, do not restart
2º Registry cleanup (Ccleaner and Driversweeper)
3º Restart the pc and enters windows in safe mode with option hypersli (by pressing F8)
4º Installs the Nvidia drivers and reboot
5º Entering windows option Hypersli and try to activate SLI nvidia Panel

already tell me about you to gone

greetings!!

Edit: I recommend installing driver WHQL, the betas are like lottery
I take it for fact that has enabled in BIOS SVM (Secure Virtual Machine)

Last edited:

paradexes

Thanks for the advice. I have tried that. But I don't even get the option for SLI. When I was getting the option I was using differentSLI to enable it. And then I would get a BSOD. Just to make sure the cards are both working I tried them on another machine that HyperSLI does work on. And I had no problems there.

SVM is enabled as is IOMMU. This is why I was looking to work on the DSDT as hyperSLI was not working on this particular board. Its a Tyan S8225. Maybe someone knows something about it or a reason why it doesn't work. It has 4 PCIe slots at x16. I tried moving the second card around different slots (I have a long SLI ribbon for this) to make sure it works. No luck in any configuration. Seems like the only board I have found that doesn't seem to work with HyperSLI out of the box.

I figure this problem CAN be solved. I just don't know how at this point. Your help is much appreciated.

Case NOX Hummer TG RGB
Mouse Razer Mamba Chroma
Thanks for the advice. I have tried that. But I don't even get the option for SLI. When I was getting the option I was using differentSLI to enable it. And then I would get a BSOD. Just to make sure the cards are both working I tried them on another machine that HyperSLI does work on. And I had no problems there.

SVM is enabled as is IOMMU. This is why I was looking to work on the DSDT as hyperSLI was not working on this particular board. Its a Tyan S8225. Maybe someone knows something about it or a reason why it doesn't work. It has 4 PCIe slots at x16. I tried moving the second card around different slots (I have a long SLI ribbon for this) to make sure it works. No luck in any configuration. Seems like the only board I have found that doesn't seem to work with HyperSLI out of the box.

I figure this problem CAN be solved. I just don't know how at this point. Your help is much appreciated.

I'm not an expert but, If the SLI option doesn't show up when using HyperSLI, it never will.
Have you tried using HyperSLI + DifferentSLI?

paradexes

Summary (more details below summary):
-Tyan S8225 board with Dual Opterons.
-SLI option ONLY appears if hyperSLI+differentSLI is installed BUT BSOD if enabled
-660ti Cards are verified working in SLI in other machines
-Drivers have been removed then reinstalled in safe mode under hypersli option.
-Cards have been moved around in both same IOhub (see motherboard manual on Tyans product page if you don't understand) and one in each IOhub.

That's what I've been saying. The option DOES come up when using differentSLI and only IF I use differentSLI. I have tried differentSLI+hyperSLI like you stated. The option THEN comes up and only if I have differentSLI installed. I enable SLI.....looks like its working......then BSOD, reboot.

The nv driver is at fault for sure as I do see the error in BSOD. Other users have had the same problem in this thread.

This last time I just did hypersli and the drivers following NeoRs directions. I will do the same thing this time but with WHQL drivers and a differentSLI version to see what happens.

I know both cards work as I can use them for displays. Just no SLI. And they are functioning in device manager.

The weird oddity here I think is the fact that the board has two seperate IOhubs. The PCIe slots are allocated 2 each to each IOhub. Originally I had both cards in a single IOhub. And that had no results. So I moved one card over to the other IOhub and attached the SLI ribbon (since a regular bracket is too short) to the card (ribbon is verified as working on another system I have)

So at this point I am still at a loss. I appreciate the help. This is an interesting challenge. It SHOULD work but for some reason isnt. Maybe I am missing something. But I have been trying the various things people have suggested.

Mykee36

The new Nvidia 320.00 beta drivers

Just downloaded and installed the 320.00 drivers.
Ran a couple of games and benchmarks, no problems at bootup or with gameplay.
I have HyperSLI 9.6 installed.
Run HyperSli in hardware mode

Windows 7 no issues for me.

paradexes

Ok great news!!! It works!!. Thanks for the help!!!

So to recap here is what I did to get it working on a Tyan S8225 (this could work for other boards with this issue).
PreReq install hypersli first
1. Disable Antivirus (MUST do this) or there will be issues best to not have it on at all.
2. I uninstalled the drivers in windows. Make sure to uninstall ALL things nvidia (it will require multiple reboots to do that).
3. Once uninstalled, reboot one last time in regular mode (resolution will be all messed up but viewable) and run driversweeper to remove any remnants.
4. reboot into safe mode selecting the hyperSLI option.
3. Install drivers (310.70 working for me) and reboot when asked back into safe mode.
4. Install DifferentSLI 310.70 version and reboot back into normal mode.
5. In normal mode start up Nvidia Control Panel. (PC might crash here it did for me)
6. If no crash enable SLI.
7. PROFIT!!!!

I now have 2x 660ti cards working in SLI mode so I am pretty excited. THanks for the help guys. The instructions above are for anyone else who might be struggling with this. Hopefully this helps. Maybe the different howtos people post in this should be put in the OP just to cover the main issues.

System Name 7754LIF3
Case MIH CASE
Ok great news!!! It works!!. Thanks for the help!!!

So to recap here is what I did to get it working on a Tyan S8225 (this could work for other boards with this issue).
PreReq install hypersli first
1. Disable Antivirus (MUST do this) or there will be issues best to not have it on at all.
2. I uninstalled the drivers in windows. Make sure to uninstall ALL things nvidia (it will require multiple reboots to do that).
3. Once uninstalled, reboot one last time in regular mode (resolution will be all messed up but viewable) and run driversweeper to remove any remnants.
4. reboot into safe mode selecting the hyperSLI option.
3. Install drivers (310.70 working for me) and reboot when asked back into safe mode.
4. Install DifferentSLI 310.70 version and reboot back into normal mode.
5. In normal mode start up Nvidia Control Panel. (PC might crash here it did for me)
6. If no crash enable SLI.
7. PROFIT!!!!

I now have 2x 660ti cards working in SLI mode so I am pretty excited. THanks for the help guys. The instructions above are for anyone else who might be struggling with this. Hopefully this helps. Maybe the different howtos people post in this should be put in the OP just to cover the main issues.

I congratulate you for the success! :toast:
It seems to be that in safe mode drivers are better integrated in systems HyperSLI and DifferentSLI, what antivirus you did problems? It would be interesting to know to take it into account.

greetings!