• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 585x ZAFA dead?

djksupreme

Got this card from someone else who claims they have no idea what the they did to it.. =/

Fan spins up on boot. Motheboard reads PCI-e activity. When booted up with a PCI display card, the HD5850 is recognized by windows and windows installs drivers. After driver installation all seems good but the card doesn't display anything, and Core Clock is at 0 MHz. I'm thinking it's the wrong bios. I checked the bios with RBE and according to RBE it's a Asus bios :? it's a non reference XFX card, so I doubt it will work =/

I need the XFX 585X ZAFA / ZAFC (I think those are the same) stock bios if anyone would be so kind?

It's the one with the red fan in the center of the shroud.

THIS IS THE HD5870, I'M LOOKING FOR THE HD5850 BIOS, LOOKS THE SAME THOUGH =)

Last edited:

djksupreme

Thanks so much man, will test now =) If mine gives the same problems as yours, then it's a bios problem, if not, it's your card, then i'll help you sort it out =)

Still no luck =( My card is a 585x ZAFA, I think it's slightly different. If XFX won't help me I'm guessing i'm out of luck. Anyway, if your problems persist. Take the shrowd off the card. 3 screws on the rear edge of the card and the 4 bracket screws in the center on the chip. Carefully remove the plastic shrowd and heatsink. Clean off all the old thermalpaste with alcohol and clean the heatsink/fan. If your thermalpaste is conductive, it shorts out some of the small components on your core causing blue screens or just no display at all. Apply new thermal paste and put the heatsink back carefully. Tighten the screws and you're set. If you've never done something like this, don't try it, you might end up chipping a corner off your core or not applying enough thermal paste (or applying too much =P). Look for online guides or vids on youtube.

nenedy

Im getting good results now, but not 100%, i ajuted manualy my memory values on BIOS... less BSOD´s, no error no chrome...

djksupreme

Im getting good results now, but not 100%, i ajuted manualy my memory values on BIOS... less BSOD´s, no error no chrome...

Thats good =) probably just a temperature problem, underclocking is not a solution but it will work for now

nenedy

Now im getting BSOD hour by hour of gaming... error atikmpg.sys